Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,080 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:15 AM

Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? (17777 Views)

Ladies Come In Here And Pick Your Dream Man. / Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? / The Wooing Challenge SEASON 3 [Men pick your Ladies] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by ifihearam: 11:16am On Mar 04, 2013
I was with some friends over the weekend and this discussion came up,some saw nothing wrong in answering their wives calls while others kicked against it. I decided to bring it here for deliberation but as for me I don't think my wife or gf has any right whatsoever to pick my calls and vice versa. So let's hear your opinion.
Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by Afam4eva(m): 11:29am On Mar 04, 2013
The question we should ask ourselves is: What is right and what is wrong?. There's no rule in the bible or quoran that tells us how we should treat our partner's property. Though the holy books tells us that what belongs to our spouse is also ours. Marriage makes you ONE. But it's not as simple as that as people don't use religion as a standard for their everyday lives. SO, it then varies from individual to individual and from marriage to marriage. Some people don't mind but some people will. It's now left for you to find out whether your spouse minds you picking his/her call. Don't assume.

13 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by aadetoyin(f): 12:12pm On Mar 04, 2013
Its not a big deal if there is trust but make sure that u and ur spouse has agreed on such.
As for me, u can pick my calls, nothing to hide and hubby drops his fone around d house, cares less if u pick it.
But if u know that ur partner na runz man or woman pls do not pick their calls o. Except u want to die of hypertension

14 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by ifihearam: 12:32pm On Mar 04, 2013
Afam4eva: The question we should ask ourselves is: What is right and what is wrong?. There's no rule in the bible or quoran that tells us how we should treat our partner's property. Though the holy books tells us that what belongs to our spouse is also ours. Marriage makes you ONE. But it's not as simple as that as people don't use religion as a standard for their everyday lives. SO, it then varies from individual to individual and from marriage to marriage. Some people don't mind but some people will. It's now left for you to find out whether your spouse minds you picking his/her call. Don't assume.

some women are very nosy such that they go through their partner's messages which i consider very wrong.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by Afam4eva(m): 2:12pm On Mar 04, 2013
ifihearam:

some women are very nosy such that they go through their partner's messages which i consider very wrong.
Some men are also very nosy. It's not limited to women alone. Couples should discuss and decide where to draw the cotton as it pertains to invasion of privacy.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by luvmijeje(f): 2:19pm On Mar 04, 2013
I will not pick his call except he ask me to,and am also expecting that same courtesy from him.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by Kirinwa: 2:22pm On Mar 04, 2013
Afam4eva:
Some men are also very nosy. It's not limited to women alone. Couples should discuss and decide where to draw the cotton as it pertains to invasion of privacy.

Talking about privacy.Which privacy? 1+1=1
This is a rule that disobeys Mathematics.
Remember this is someone that sees your unclothedness daily. So what privacy again?
Well I don't think it's a case of privacy here. It's all about respect and understanding. Moreover you may not even have the information being demanded by the caller apart from knowing who called.Some might even hang the call if you pick it.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by Afam4eva(m): 2:25pm On Mar 04, 2013
Kirinwa:

Remember this is someone that sees your unclothedness daily. So what privacy again?
Well I don't think it's a case of privacy here. It's all about respect and understanding. Moreover you may not even have the information being demanded by the caller apart from knowing who called.Some might even hang the call if you pick it.
Read my first post and you'll understand that i agree with you. But you have to understand that the world has changed so much.
Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by ifihearam: 2:54pm On Mar 04, 2013
Kirinwa:

Marriage does not mean there is no more privacy oo,so why do most couples have separate room?
Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by Kirinwa: 3:00pm On Mar 04, 2013
ifihearam:

Marriage does not mean there is no more privacy oo,so why do most couples have separate room?

That's giving devil a footstool in one's home. It's not wise. My Uncle had a separate room for the wife during her nursing period to avoid disturbance of the baby's cry at night.My parents never had a separate room.Me,I don't see the need in it I don't know about you.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by ifihearam: 5:06pm On Mar 04, 2013
Kirinwa:

That's giving devil a footstool in one's home. It's not wise. My Uncle had a separate room for the wife during her nursing period to avoid disturbance of the baby's cry at night.My parents never had a separate room.Me,I don't see the need in it I don't know about you.

its choice.
Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by KINGwax(m): 5:34pm On Mar 04, 2013
aadetoyin: Its not a big deal if there is trust but make sure that u and ur spouse has agreed on such.
As for me, u can pick my calls, nothing to hide and hubby drops his fone around d house, cares less if u pick it.
But if u know that ur partner na runz man or woman pls do not pick their calls o. Except u want to die of hypertension
forget abt trust, its a bad habbit!!
Unless it's a particular caller whom u've both been arguing abt and u're ready to let hell loose concerning the issue

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by kokoye(m): 5:50pm On Mar 04, 2013
If the spouse is perfectly OK with it ...why not?

depends on the couple.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by Istie: 5:53pm On Mar 04, 2013
yea, it shows closeness.
Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by caesaraba(m): 5:56pm On Mar 04, 2013
It depends. But if that is done out of suspicion, then NO, it's not right.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by yme1(f): 5:57pm On Mar 04, 2013
No!
I don't take his calls nor go through his phones without his permission
Respect is reciprocal
I respect his privacy and he does same.

Depends on the kind of relationship you two have
Some partners check each others phones when ever and where ever they want

Whatever rocks your boat!

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by alfredo4u(m): 5:58pm On Mar 04, 2013
i picked my girl kal last 2days, seriously, heaven was let loose on me. She is now my greatest bh now. I dont tink am save wit ha. B4 she left me, i discova dat ha kal ha kals ve bin divatdd to ha friends numba. Im folowin ha wit brain 50 not brain 6 i used to b4

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by ITbomb(m): 6:00pm On Mar 04, 2013
It is a right but it is not expedient.
I ve a right but I would not exercise it, there may be an unfinished discussion which she will still tell me in summary.
I want to live very long

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by Mamaflex(f): 6:01pm On Mar 04, 2013
I only pick my husband's call if its someone i know dat is callin,just to tell d person to call back he is not around. If its someone i dnt know, i dnt pick. Dat's just my way. I'm not fun of pickin someone's call even if its my husband. I'm not interested.

9 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Mar 04, 2013
I don't do that. It is not as if he would complain if I do, but we accord each other that respect. He picks mine only when I tell him to do so. So, I reciprocate his respect for me by not picking his or wanting to know who calls him and why he or she calls.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by ifylord: 6:03pm On Mar 04, 2013
Wu wan try am! U wan die. I take God beg u oh. I go die no try am.

Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by detopshot(m): 6:03pm On Mar 04, 2013
The topic implies a totally different thing from the write up

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by peacebearer(m): 6:04pm On Mar 04, 2013
absolutely ryt for husband and wyf...but for boi frnd and gurlfrnd tinz it depend on both

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by mansay(m): 6:10pm On Mar 04, 2013
If she doesn't mind den ℓ̊ don't mind also cool
Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by elitejosef: 6:11pm On Mar 04, 2013
I for 1 won't pick her calls. But I am not really ready to start hearing stuffs or asking questions dt will kill me b4 my time. Its better I don't no, but I always believe deres a day of judgement for all cheaters
Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by Ijawboi(m): 6:12pm On Mar 04, 2013
Nope no nada 2fiakua
Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by festusfeezy(m): 6:13pm On Mar 04, 2013
it is wrong if d two of u have secrete to keep 4rm each oda. But to me if d understanding is thr btw 2 of u, u can pick some of his calls, xcept d 1 u dont know d caler, but u can pick ask him 2 call bck
Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by jhydebaba(m): 6:14pm On Mar 04, 2013
I always warn my girlfriends against such and I also live by example. The first time one of them suspected me of cheating and dared picked up my call shocked ogbelegbele oh shocked I gave her the beating of her life.
Well, when I'm married, I'll inform my wife to desist from such act with an exemption to extreme cases cheesy
Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by MumZ(f): 6:14pm On Mar 04, 2013
Mamaflex: I only pick my husband's call if its someone i know dat is callin,just to tell d person to call back he is not around. If its someone i dnt know, i dnt pick. Dat's just my way. I'm not fun of pickin someone's call even if its my husband. I'm not interested.
Exactly my reaction
Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by Sike(m): 6:15pm On Mar 04, 2013
YOU CAN ONLY PICK MY CALLS IF AND ONLY IF I'M NOT ANYWHERE AROUND MY PHONE, i.e i've gone to a far place and we both know there's no way i can make the call.
Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Mar 04, 2013
My dad doesn't pick my mum's calls cus she will still tell him about her phone conversations ... undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Pick Your Partner's Call? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Mar 04, 2013
I don't. I only do if he is no where to be found, and only that of his family members or mine. Anyone else calling him, I don't. He come back, and return the missed call. Thats my own choice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Girls Are Now Using This On Men / Why Did You Break Up With Your Ex? / Girls On Nairaland Vs Girls On Instagram (picture Added)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.