Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,186 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes (10389 Views)

Jonathan Approves Diezani’s Sister And 60 Others For Political Appointments / Pres Jonathan Approves Automatic Promotion for Soldiers who Liberated Baga / FG Approves Construction Of A City In Abuja As Venue For Nigeria @100 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by maasoap(m): 5:22pm On Mar 05, 2013
slimghost:
Do you think am pro-GEJ? nahh, i just hate hypocrites like you. I condemn people when they deserve it and praise them when they earn it. Not like people like you who never sees anything good about GEJ, he cant be that bad cuz even a broken clock is right twice a day!
The truth is that there is nothing good one can see about a corrupt president. The is only trying redeem his battered image and rapidly declining popularity. Fear of 2015 is the begining of wisdom for Jona.
Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by Okijajuju1(m): 5:38pm On Mar 05, 2013
nagoma:

The gutter upbringing will continue to block your chance for a decent sensible argument. It's not your fault.

And I guess years of living with and f`ucking cattles has affected your ability to behave like a sane human being.

Look at this f`ucking Aboki threatening me o!! angry

You & your entire tribe are only good for raising cattles and shining shoes.. #StayInYourLane..

Your tribesmen will never rule this country again!!

#FreshAir2015...

#PDP or Nothing!!

Go f`uck a diseased cow you low life decendant of a terrorist-used mother.. angry

1 Like

Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by talktimi(m): 6:41pm On Mar 05, 2013
bloggernaija: .
No the federal government in nigeria from inception is useless. It is the duty of the federal government to partner states and LGA in solving problems related to those areas.elsewhere the federal government ask states to identify problems in their areas which the state budget cannot reach.apart from security and ministries and a few roads,what exactly is the responsility of the federal government . Nothing. Most federal agencies are suppose to be revenue generating agencies and are such ,be self funding. E.g standards organisation of nigeria,NNPC,CUSTOMS,PORTS,AGRICULTURE, MINING,COPYRIGHT ETC.so what are they using all the money for.
in other words, the provision of potable water supply in a university campus is a VERY difficult, capital intensive project for state govts to embark on in state run universities ? This is very hilarious. Then what's the nEed establishing the school in the first place & punishing children whose parents sent them from far and wide to get a university education ? Meanwhile students of Nasarawa origin enjoy such facilities in other states where they attend universities. So once again, I blame the state govt, the vc & commisioner for education for not utilizing their brains where necessary. A session school fees from one dept alone could have gone a very long way to alleviate students suffering.
Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by slimghost(m): 7:15pm On Mar 05, 2013
bloggernaija: .
No the federal government in nigeria from inception is useless. It is the duty of the federal government to partner states and LGA in solving problems related to those areas.elsewhere the federal government ask states to identify problems in their areas which the state budget cannot reach.apart from security and ministries and a few roads,what exactly is the responsility of the federal government . Nothing. Most federal agencies are suppose to be revenue generating agencies and are such ,be self funding. E.g standards organisation of nigeria,NNPC,CUSTOMS,PORTS,AGRICULTURE, MINING,COPYRIGHT ETC.so what are they using all the money for.

State budgets cannot cover the provision of bore holes for the state owned uni? WTF are u smoking son? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked jeezzz

1 Like

Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by slimghost(m): 7:17pm On Mar 05, 2013
talktimi: in other words, the provision of potable water supply in a university campus is a VERY difficult, capital intensive project for state govts to embark on in state run universities ? This is very hilarious. Then what's the nEed establishing the school in the first place & punishing children whose parents sent them from far and wide to get a university education ? Meanwhile students of Nasarawa origin enjoy such facilities in other states where they attend universities. So once again, I blame the state govt, the vc & commisioner for education for not utilizing their brains where necessary. A session school fees from one dept alone could have gone a very long way to alleviate students suffering.

Mehnnnn, that niggur is as dumb as hell, illiteracy is a disease and so is ignorance!

2 Likes

Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by Policewoman(f): 7:18pm On Mar 05, 2013
The University Admin and State government have failed in their primary duties. They deserve to lose their positions.

1 Like

Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by slimghost(m): 7:19pm On Mar 05, 2013
maasoap: The truth is that there is nothing good one can see about a corrupt president. The is only trying redeem his battered image and rapidly declining popularity. Fear of 2015 is the begining of wisdom for Jona.

No the truth is, you are a bloody bigot and a frustrated soul. In as much as i criticize GEJ for his many misdeeds, going as far as saying that there is nothing good about his administration reeks of absolute stupidity and blind hatred. go get a life bro!

2 Likes

Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by slimghost(m): 7:22pm On Mar 05, 2013
Policewoman: The University Admin and State government have failed in their primary duties. They deserve to lose their positions.

You wont believe some APC agents are here criticizing GEJ for that! We are talking about water for crying out loud here. If a whole state government cant provide common bore holes for its students, isnt that the height of incompetence? yeah i forgot, he is a CPC governor, so he cant do wrong. idio.ts

1 Like

Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by gogodaye(m): 7:40pm On Mar 05, 2013
what a scheme to pay & silicence the clarion calls for the rationale why troops should be constructively directed & ordered by the emperoric c-in-c to go take out hapless students in an opposition run state in blatant show of power & force. We thank him for the attempt but still insist on the answers to all the questions earlier posed by discerning Nigerians.
Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by KnowAll(m): 8:02pm On Mar 05, 2013
[size=16pt]That is why the autonomy of the Local Goverment must be pushed forward and grasped, despite resistance from the Governor's. Keffi LG in Nassarawa State should be able to sink those Bore Holes let alone State Goverment and now yet another "gain" 'almighty Federal Goverment'. All I can say is, there has been a total and systematic failure of Governance in Nassarawa State, and to think this the only State of the CPC beggers belief. Buhari go and talk to your Governor Na wah oh!

El-Rufai and Ribadu go and run as a Governor first b4 thinking of d Presidency, in fact being a Governor should be part and parcel of the requiremnts for one to run for the Presidency, if we have such a criteria u will see the Governors perform better than they do at the moment.[/size]

1 Like

Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by talktimi(m): 8:17pm On Mar 05, 2013
slimghost:

Mehnnnn, that niggur is as dumb as hell, illiteracy is a disease and so is ignorance!
nna, me sef I tire o.
Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by nagoma(m): 8:25pm On Mar 05, 2013
Okija_juju:
And I guess years of living with and f`ucking cattles has affected your ability to behave like a sane human being.
Look at this f`ucking Aboki threatening me o!! angry
You & your entire tribe are only good for raising cattles and shining shoes.. #StayInYourLane..
Your tribesmen will never rule this country again!!
#FreshAir2015...
#PDP or Nothing!!
Go f`uck a diseased cow you low life decendant of a terrorist-used mother.. angry

creek mentality. It's not your fault. All those men , your " uncles" , who came to visit your mama in the brothel cannot teach you manners. It's not their business, they came for service and they got it. You got food. You will never know who is the real papa , so how can you have manners and etiquette? Jonathan is a slowpoke like you.
Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by Okijajuju1(m): 8:27pm On Mar 05, 2013
KnowAll: [size=16pt]That is why the autonomy of the Local Goverment must be pushed forward and grasped, despite resistance from the Governor's. Keffi LG in Nassarawa State should be able to sink those Bore Holes let alone State Goverment and now yet another "gain" 'almighty Federal Goverment'. All I can say is, there has been a total and systematic failure of Governance in Nassarawa State, and to think this the only State of the CPC beggers belief. Buhari go and talk to your Governor Na wah oh!

El-Rufai and Ribadu go and run as a Governor first b4 thinking of d Presidency, in fact being a Governor should be part and parcel of the requiremnts for one to run for the Presidency, if we have such a criteria u will see the Governors perform better than they do at the moment.[/size]

Wetin concern local government autonomy with state owned university borehole Biko!?

However, I do agree with you that Nassarawa state governor, like his entire CPC counterparts and APC alliance all f-uck cows..

1 Like

Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by Okijajuju1(m): 8:29pm On Mar 05, 2013
nagoma:

creek mentality. It's not your fault. All those men , your " uncles" , who came to visit your mama in the brothel cannot teach you manners. It's not their business, they came for service and they got it. You got food. You will never know who is the real papa , so how can you have manners and etiquette? Jonathan is a slowpoke like you.

grin

All I have to say to you sir is; Aboki, shine my shoe...

2 Likes

Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 05, 2013
PapaBrowne: To think that this is the only university managed by a (Buhari) CPC controlled state.

Where is El Rufai, Buhari and the rest of the CPC goons??

It is time to start asking what the only CPC controlled state has achieved in the last 2 years?

For CPC, Education is truly Haram!!
I have always argued that CPC is not capable of ruling this country. Nasarawa state is the only state controlled by CPC yet you hardly find an achievement to point at. Nasarawa state is one of the worst if not the worst state in Nigeria- no tarred roads, poor waste management, poor education system (over 80% of children are out of school), no water supply all you see are water vendors (Mai ruwa) even in the state capital, absence of town planning, I can go on and on. In fact, you need to visit Nasarawa to see things for yourself.
If CPC can not deliver a single dividend of democracy in 2yrs of rule in the only state they control, how can they manage a nation like Nigeria with about 170million people? CPC is indeed a failure!

2 Likes

Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by nagoma(m): 9:14pm On Mar 05, 2013
koastar:
I have always argued that CPC is not capable of ruling this country. Nasarawa state is the only state controlled by CPC yet you hardly find an achievement to point at. Nasarawa state is one of the worst if not the worst state in Nigeria- no tarred roads, poor waste management, poor education system (over 80% of children are out of school), no water supply all you see are water vendors (Mai ruwa) even in the state capital, absence of town planning, I can go on and on. In fact, you need to visit Nasarawa to see things for yourself.
If CPC can not deliver a single dividend of democracy in 2yrs of rule in the only state they control, how can they manage a nation like Nigeria with about 170million people? CPC is indeed a failure!
You conveniently forgot that The PDP governor Abdullahi Adamu was the Nassarawa State Governor from 1999 to 2007 ( 8 years) and Aliyu Akwe Doma also PDP from 2007 until they threw him out in 2011. The CPC government may not be good at all but PDP must have at least 80 % of the blame for the rot in Nassarawa State.

1 Like

Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by nagoma(m): 9:16pm On Mar 05, 2013
Okija_juju:

grin

All I have to say to you sir is; Aboki, shine my shoe...

Ignorant nyamiri. So now you have shoe? grin

1 Like

Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 05, 2013
nagoma:
You conveniently forgot that The PDP governor Abdullahi Adamu was the Nassarawa State Governor from 1999 to 2007 ( 8 years) and Aliyu Akwe Doma also PDP from 2007 until they threw him out in 2011. The CPC government may not be good at all but PDP must have at least 80 % of the blame for the rot in Nassarawa State.
That is no excuse. Take Imo state for instance, PDP was in power from 1999 until Rochas Okorocha of APGA took over in 2011 and within that short time of his (Okorocha) emergence, Imo state has changed and the governor is still striving to do more. Take a look at the education and infrastructure sectors in that state you will be impressed with the work so far.
It takes a vision minded leader to effect change in a system within a short time irrespective of the decay met on ground which Al-Makura and CPC lack. I repeat, CPC is a failure!

1 Like

Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by nagoma(m): 9:58pm On Mar 05, 2013
koastar:
That is no excuse. Take Imo state for instance, PDP was in power from 1999 until Rochas Okorocha of APGA took over in 2011 and within that short time of his (Okorocha) emergence, Imo state has changed and the governor is still striving to do more. Take a look at the education and infrastructure sectors in that state you will be impressed with the work so far.
It takes a vision minded leader to effect change in a system within a short time irrespective of the decay met on ground which Al-Makura and CPC lack. I repeat, CPC is a failure!

" it takes a vision minded leader to effect change in a system within a short time irrespective of the decay on the ground " you said it and I can't put it in any better form. This is exactly the reason why Jonathan must go and perhaps almakura too.

1 Like

Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by talktimi(m): 10:35pm On Mar 05, 2013
nagoma:
is that why the CPC led govt couldn't hit the ground running and show the good people of Nasarawa state what they had been missing so far ? Your excuse holds no drop of water as long as the governor had both federal allocations & state IGR's at his disposal. If you think I'm lying, ask Fashola, Oshiomhole & Mimiko what they achieved after 2 yrs in government. Your being in an opposition party should act as an opportunity to showcase the advantages of your party over others especially the ruling party whenever you have an opportunity to serve your people.

1 Like

Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by honeric01(m): 6:12am On Mar 06, 2013
A university (State) can't tell me they can't afford a borehole when the tuition fee isn't free.

You do not need a governor to have a borehole in a state school where fees are being paid.

GEJ, what is your business with approving the building of borehole in a state university? is that your duty? it's not even the duty of the governor, IT'S THE DUTY OF THE VC.

GEJ, stop acting lawlessly!
Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by honeric01(m): 6:18am On Mar 06, 2013
koastar:

And who are we to blame for this? the newly elected governor from CPC that came into the position in 2011 or the PDP governors that ruled the state since 1999-2011?

Learn to know how to blame those who deserved to be blamed.

Unless you're liar, you can't say the governor hasn't done anything in 2 years, maybe he doesn't know how to use the media to showcase his "normal job" to the public?

Borehole in a University should be the job of the school as long as there's been budget for it already. Nassarawa state University didn't start in 2011, so why was there no borehole in the school before CPC took over in 2011?
Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by maasoap(m): 7:37am On Mar 06, 2013
slimghost:
No the truth is, you are a bloody bigot and a frustrated soul. In as much as i criticize GEJ for his many misdeeds, going as far as saying that there is nothing good about his administration reeks of absolute stupidity and blind hatred. go get a life bro!
As far as corruption is concerned, Jona has set the record that IBB, Abacha and OBJ put together couldn't achieve. That's enough to put me off. The man is a many steps backward in Nigeria's struggle to greatness.

1 Like

Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by maasoap(m): 7:56am On Mar 06, 2013
Jona a§§ lickers are desperate set of people. They're just holding on to everything in sight, what a shame! PDP destroyed Nasarawa State for good 12years, now want to prosecute CPC for what is left of their destruction of the state. Here on NL, we read how pupils were learning in classrooms without roofs, and on bare floor in South East. Teachers using their motorcycles as chairs and desks. Enugu is also grounded. Jona and eye service, Nigerans are wiser than you thought. Jona is a failure & disappointment

1 Like

Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by honeric01(m): 7:57am On Mar 06, 2013
maasoap: Jona a§§ lickers are desperate set of people. They're just holding on to everything in sight, what a shame! PDP destroyed Nasarawa State for good 12years, now want to prosecute CPC for what is left of their destruction of the state. Here on NL, we read how pupils were learning in classrooms without roofs, and on bare floor in South East. Teachers using their motorcycles as chairs and desks. Enugu is also grounded. Jona and eye service, Nigerans are wiser than you thought. Jona is a failure & disappointment
Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by Nobody: 10:37am On Mar 06, 2013
honeric01:

And who are we to blame for this? the newly elected governor from CPC that came into the position in 2011 or the PDP governors that ruled the state since 1999-2011?

Learn to know how to blame those who deserved to be blamed.

Unless you're liar, you can't say the governor hasn't done anything in 2 years, maybe he doesn't know how to use the media to showcase his "normal job" to the public?

Borehole in a University should be the job of the school as long as there's been budget for it already. Nassarawa state University didn't start in 2011, so why was there no borehole in the school before CPC took over in 2011?
I know Nasarawa very well. I was there during the period of election in 2011, I know how the people yelled for change from Keffi to Laffia to Akwanga to Massaka to Karu Local Government Area, the people wanted change which I saw was coming because PDP government then failed. But 2yrs later going through these places and listening to the indigenes of some of these areas, I was dissappointed at CPC, a waste of oppotunity! I expected CPC (and the leader of CPC) to use Nasarawa as a base for change towards capturing the minds of Nigerians and gaining their support for Buhari's presidential race. If they are visionless they would have learnt from ACN how they used Lagos state as a base for development and change therby, capturing the South West and Edo state in the process. That is leadership shown by ACN leaders who have vision!
I am not surprised at Buhari and his foot soldiers for not making use of this opportunity unlike Oshiomhole, Mimiko and Okorocha, after all, when Buhari was the Head of State he wasn't the one pioneering the chnage, we all know it was Idiagbon his vice who had the vision and pursued it. Buhari has no vision for this country, may be we should look for another Idiagbon to vice him in his race for president lol...but why clamour for Buhari when his vice can perform? Wouldn't it be wise to look for someone like Idiagbon rather than Buhari?...over to Buhari supporters...
@honeric01, pls provide us with an achievement of Al-Makura so far that is people's oriented and I wouldn't mind driving there to verify for myself, I stay in Abuja and Nasarawa is not far.

1 Like

Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by honeric01(m): 11:53am On Mar 06, 2013
koastar:
I know Nasarawa very well. I was there during the period of election in 2011, I know how the people yelled for change from Keffi to Laffia to Akwanga to Massaka to Karu Local Government Area, the people wanted change which I saw was coming because PDP government then failed. But 2yrs later going through these places and listening to the indigenes of some of these areas, I was dissappointed at CPC, a waste of oppotunity! I expected CPC (and the leader of CPC) to use Nasarawa as a base for change towards capturing the minds of Nigerians and gaining their support for Buhari's presidential race. If they are visionless they would have learnt from ACN how they used Lagos state as a base for development and change therby, capturing the South West and Edo state in the process. That is leadership shown by ACN leaders who have vision!
I am not surprised at Buhari and his foot soldiers for not making use of this opportunity unlike Oshiomhole, Mimiko and Okorocha, after all, when Buhari was the Head of State he wasn't the one pioneering the chnage, we all know it was Idiagbon his vice who had the vision and pursued it. Buhari has no vision for this country, may be we should look for another Idiagbon to vice him in his race for president lol...but why clamour for Buhari when his vice can perform? Wouldn't it be wise to look for someone like Idiagbon rather than Buhari?...over to Buhari supporters...
@honeric01, pls provide us with an achievement of Al-Makura so far that is people's oriented and I wouldn't mind driving there to verify for myself, I stay in Abuja and Nasarawa is not far.

Within 2 years, you're disappointed right? because the school authority didn't fix borehole in the school, it's now the new governor that should be blamed? i don't live in Nasarawa so i wouldn't be able to say anything about him but you using "hearsay" to judge him is not a very wise thing.

This is not about Buhari because i know where you're driving to. if Buhari has no vision, then kindly tell me who had a vision for PTDF and pursued it, was it also Idiagbon? can an assistant work or act without the approval of the head? if you want to make this thread a Buhari thread, then you're in for some long sermon. let me know what you want to address. the lack of water in Nasarawa state Uni or Buhari having a vision or not.

waiting...
Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 06, 2013
honeric01:

Within 2 years, you're disappointed right? because the school authority didn't fix borehole in the school, it's now the new governor that should be blamed? i don't live in Nasarawa so i wouldn't be able to say anything about him but you using "hearsay" to judge him is not a very wise thing.

This is not about Buhari because i know where you're driving to. if Buhari has no vision, then kindly tell me who had a vision for PTDF and pursued it, was it also Idiagbon? can an assistant work or act without the approval of the head? if you want to make this thread a Buhari thread, then you're in for some long sermon. let me know what you want to address. the lack of water in Nasarawa state Uni or Buhari having a vision or not.

waiting...
Pls go back and read my posts very well. I explained explicitly that I was there live and direct in Nasarawa state before the election that brought in Al-Makura to access things for myself and also hear from people in the towns I mentioned in order to balance my report so that it wouldn't look as if I'm looking at the state of Nasarawa from only my own point of view. Since I live close in Abuja I contantly access the state and 2yrs after CPC won power I decided to access it again not only from my own perspective but also from the residents' just like the way I did initially but there was nothing to write home about.
By the way, I asked you to provide an evidence of good governance by CPC in Nasarawa but you couldn't come forth with one. If Oshiomhole, Okorocha and co could perform within two years of their emergence while can't Al-Makura? Are they not all governors? Governance is about ideology and vision which is absent in CPC. FYI, to me Nasarawa(being the only CPC state)=AL-Makura=CPC=Buhari, so if one fails Buhari has failed!
Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by honeric01(m): 2:17pm On Mar 06, 2013
koastar:
Pls go back and read my posts very well. I explained explicitly that I was there live and direct in Nasarawa state before the election that brought in Al-Makura to access things for myself and also hear from people in the towns I mentioned in order to balance my report so that it wouldn't look as if I'm looking at the state of Nasarawa from only my own point of view. Since I live close in Abuja I contantly access the state and 2yrs after CPC won power I decided to access it again not only from my own perspective but also from the residents' just like the way I did initially but there was nothing to write home about.
By the way, I asked you to provide an evidence of good governance by CPC in Nasarawa but you couldn't come forth with one. If Oshiomhole, Okorocha and co could perform within two years of their emergence while can't Al-Makura? Are they not all governors? Governance is about ideology and vision which is absent in CPC. FYI, to me Nasarawa(being the only CPC state)=AL-Makura=CPC=Buhari, so if one fails Buhari has failed!

I am not here to hold brief for Al Makura, i am on this thread to talk about who's suppose to fix the university's borehole and who's not suppose to fix it. it's the job of the school authority to fix the borehole. whether Al-Makura is performing up to what the citizen of the states or not is not the issue here. if the thread is about Al Makura or CPC, then we can talk about it. like i wrote before, i do not live there and do not know what was on ground before he took over and what is presently on ground after taking over.

So Al-Makura = Buhari? lol, you're funny. i don't have time for cheap blackmail here. if you want to attack Buhari, come directly and stop hiding behind another person.

So i ask again: let me know what you want to address. the lack of water in Nasarawa state Uni or Buhari having a vision or not.
Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by Fellonigerians: 2:53pm On Mar 06, 2013
Is this not a state university what is the governor doing it is even a CPC state... Them all na the same...

cogitoErgo: Following a protest which led to the killing of students of Nasarawa state University last Monday, President Goodluck Jonathan has approved the construction of boreholes in the state owned institution.

While the students were protesting against the persistent shortage of water in the school, a detachment of soldiers stormed the school hours into the demonstration and in a bid to disperse the protesters fired live bullets that killed least two of them. The students however claim four were killed and not two as claimed by the state government and other security agaents.

However, in a response to the uproar the incident had sparked, President Goodluck Jonathan on Monday approved N20 million to the management of the university for them to commence work on the construction of bore holes in the school.

Jude Imagwe, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Youth and Student Matters, presented the letter of approval for the boreholes to the Vice Chancellor of the University, Shamsudeen Amali, when he led other students union bodies to the school.

He quoted Mr. Jonathan as saying that the gesture was aimed at enhancing availability of water as well as to reduce the plight of students, which led to the last week students’ unrest.

“I am disturbed and worried about what happened in which some students lost their lives as a result of the protest,” the presidential aide quoted the president as saying.

“The sum of N20 million was approved to the institution to enable it sink more bore holes in order to reduce the problem of inadequate water supply in the institution.

“He who provides water provides life. Life will be unbearable to the students if there is scarcity of water in the campus. They (students) will not even concentrate on their academic activities at the same time,” he added.

The president described the incident that led to the killing of the university students as unfortunate and uncalled-for.

He urged the student union bodies to always employ dialogue and peaceful means in fighting for their rights.

Responding, the vice chancellor thanked the president for the gesture, saying it would go a long way in addressing the water scarcity in the school.

Amali promised to make judicious use of the money for the purpose it was meant.

He denied inviting military personnel to quell the students’ protest that led to the killing of two students of the institution.

The President of the Students Union Government of the University, Rabiu Tijani, thanked President Jonathan for the gesture, saying the steps taken by the state legislature to bring the perpetrators of the act to book was laudable.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/03/05/nsuk-days-after-protesting-students-were-killed-jonathan-approves-construction-of-boreholes/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=nsuk-days-after-protesting-students-were-killed-jonathan-approves-construction-of-boreholes

1 Like

Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by nagoma(m): 2:54pm On Mar 06, 2013
koastar:

Are you suggesting that Jonathan has a vision? You must be just arriving from Mars.
Re: NSUK: Jonathan Approves Construction Of Boreholes by Edwinejembi: 9:16pm On Mar 06, 2013
This is a clear case of sabotage, how come the tap water begins to run that same monday night the students were killed. Who ever is in-charge of keffi water board should be sack, such people are the troublers of this nation. I believe it is a ploy to discredit the cpc government in 2015. Politicians can be so heartless.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Obiano Meets IGP Ibrahim Idris In Abuja. / "How Can This Pretty Lady Marry Him?" — People React To Pictures Of Adama Indimi / Abba Kyari: Poor Handling Of Cases By FG Dampens Hope Of Conviction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.