Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Was Nani's Red Card Justified? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Was Nani's Red Card Justified? (30351 Views)

Diego Lopez Punch On Vidic's Face Worse Than Nani's Collussion With Arbeloa / Sir Alex Ferguson Blames Nani For MANU Defeat To Chelsea / Messi Red Card: Should Messi Have Gotten A Red Card In The Barca V Chelsea Game? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by elampiro(m): 9:45am On Mar 07, 2013
Two English teams played in the finals in 2008 and Platini said football is losing its pride and glory. And in 2011, two spanish teams met in the semi finals and he said he'll have loved to see both teams in the finals. In 2012, Chelsea won the champs league but none of their player made the FIFPRO TEAM.

Platini is always against English teams, particular against SAF since they crossed words in 2008 during Ronaldo's transfer negotiation to Madrid.

2 Likes

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Fabville: 9:47am On Mar 07, 2013
idirect: [size=13pt]The red card gave Sir Alex a perfect alibi. Great man manager, but average tactician, I have always maintained. When your team goes a man down, rightly or wrongly, you have to make a tactical change. He didn't!He moaned and pleaded with the fans to make more noise. It works in England. Against the best players it's a laughable tactic. He should have immediately taken off RVP who had been a passenger all nigh and brought in an extra midfielder. Jose said when jhe was at Inter that in England they play with their hearts and in Italy and elsewhere they play with their minds. last night was a perfect example.
Jose the tactician quickly changed his plan to bring in Benzema for Higuaim. Took out Aberloa who was on a yellow and would have been booed the whole night and brought in a creative midfielder. The rest is history-atleast in the rest of the world.
Inter Milan lost a man to a dubious redcard at the camp nou in 2010 in the frist few minutes of the first half and still went on to win. Chelsea lost Terry and still went on to win at Camp Nou. I can go on..
Bottom line- Top teams with top managers do not concede 2 goalsin 12 minutes just becuase they lost a man. Alex's lack of tactical awareness cost them the game. Over the two legs they played like a small team that knew they were gainst a superior team (despite the claims that it was a clash of giants) and they went out like a small team- instead of playing lke a team that's leading the supposedly best league in the world by more than 10 points. Let's not forget, Real had 65% possession and no United player had no actual scored a goal before the sending off.

For the record, yes another ref would probably have not given the red card but those of us who do not just watch the EPL see them given in Europe all the time.[/size]
I know you are a good coach and a good tactician. I want you list teams that played with ten men against eleven men in champions league competition and went ahead to win the such match apart from the two that was against Barcelona because you said you can go on.

You also said that SAF should have brought out RVP for a defender to defend one goal against Real Madrid! What you failed to know is that Barcelona is a team that plays only possession football but if they face any team that has disciplined defenders they always struggle because that is the only style of game they play. Barcelona rarely shoots from outside the penalty box. Unlike Real Madrid that can also possess the ball, can counter-attack, and can shoot the ball from anywhere outside the box. Will any Barcelona player shoot the ball the way Modric shot to score? No. They'll rather want to work the ball into the net. Any team that plays too defensive against Real Madrid will always concede a goal/an own goal. It is always suicidal for any team to sit back and defend one goal against Real Madrid.

You said they played like a small team over the two legs. Who was the busier goal keeper in the second leg before the red card was given? Madrid Goal keeper. What brought out the own goal? Pressure. Up until the red card, how many shot on goal did Madrid have? I don't know what you meant by United played like a small team.

You also said that top teams with top managers do not concede 2 goals in 12 minutes just becuase they lost a man and that because of that SAF lacks tactical awareness. I will take down memory lane on your "Jose the Tactician". In the first el clasico played by Jose, with 11 v 11 that he lost "Scandalously" by 5 - 0, David Villa scored two goals within two minutes(55th and 58th minute). Also, at santiago banebeau in December 2011, he lost to Bacelona by 3 - 1 with two goals by Xavi in 54th minute and Fabregas 65th minute(within 12 minutes). What does that make your Jose? A very bad tactician because he played with 11 vs 11 and lost two games with two goals within 12 minutes.

Lest i forget, possession doesn't win a football game. No team possess the ball more than Barcelona but then they still lost to Ac Milan, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Rubin Kazan, and so on.
This same so called "Good Tactician" Mourinho came to Old Trafford with Inter Milan in 2009 and got beaten with two unreplied goals. Stop throwing stones. SAF is one of the best coaches in the game. Mourinho himself admitted that 11 v 11 he wouldn't have won that game.

3 Likes

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Fussbot: 9:50am On Mar 07, 2013
emma4much4u: I have 2 questions for all manu fans who think it wasn't worth a red card.1.Why did Nani have to raise his studs so high just to control a ball that would naturally come down to his feeth if he felt that there was no other contender for the ball?.2.Why did he stay down after the incident feigning injury?.If u can answer this 2 questions without sentiments,then u will see why he was red carded.
k,b4 i abuse u lemme xplain..firstly,the ball would go out if he didn't raise his studs 2 control it,it wasn't a pass 4 him, it was a clearance 4rm a defender..the ball jst luckily went his direction..and no2,he was rolling on the ground cus he was feeling pains..k??

2 Likes

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by elampiro(m): 9:53am On Mar 07, 2013
Fabville:
I know you are a good coach and a good tactician. I want you list teams that played with ten men against eleven men in champions league competition and went ahead to win the such match apart from the two that is against Barcelona because you said you can go on.

You also said that SAF should have brought out RVP for a defender to defend one goal against Real Madrid! What you failed to know is that Barcelona is a team that plays only possession football and if they face any team that has disciplined defenders they always struggle because that is the only style of game they have. Barcelona rarely shoots from outside the penalty box. Unlike Real Madrid that can that can also possess the ball, can also counter-attack, and can shoot the ball from anywhere outside the box. Will any Barcelona player shoot the ball the way Modric shoot to score? No. They'll rather want to work the ball into the net. Any team that plays too defensive against Real Madrid will always concede a goal/an own goal. It is always a suicidal for you to sit back and defend one goal against Real Madrid.

You said they played like a small team over the two legs. Who was the busier goal keeper in the second leg before the red card was given? Madrid Goal keeper. What brought out the own goal? Pressure. Up until the red card, how many shot on goal did Madrid have? I don't know what you meant by United played like a small team.

You also said that top teams with top managers do not concede 2 goals in 12 minutes just becuase they lost a man and that because of that SAF lacks tactical awareness. I will take down memory lane on your "Jose the Tactician". In the first el clasico played by Jose, with 11 v 11 that he lost by 5 - 0, David Villa scored two goals within two minutes(55th and 58th minute). Also, at santiago banebeau in December 2011, he lost to Bacelona by 3 - 1 with two goals by Xavi in 54th minute and Fabregas 65th minute(within 12 minutes). What does that make your Jose? A very bad tatctician because he played with 11 vs 11 and lost two games with two goals within 12 minutes.

Lest i forget, possession doesn't win a football game. No team possess the ball more than Barcelona but then they still lost to Ac Milan, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Rubin Kazan, and so on.
This same so called "Good Tactician" Mourinho came to Old Trafford with Inter Milan in 2009 and got beaten with two unreplied goals. Stop throwing stones. SAF is one of the best coaches in the game. Mourinho himself admitted that 11 v 11 he wouldn't have won that game.

You know football.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Fabville: 9:55am On Mar 07, 2013
baby-boy:

We were talking about decision united get away with, who cares whether they finish with 13 v 11

Every team benefits from refree's mistake every season. It is not peculiar to only Man United. Which team has the most penalty kicks this season? It is Chelsea with 9 while Man United has 5. If it were to be other way round Man United haters will not let us sleep. They are just too sentimental.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Fabville: 10:02am On Mar 07, 2013
baby-boy:

Was Kompany sent off in that match? yes or no.......

Yes, Kompany was sent off but it was in FA cup match. Was Johny Evans sent of in the league match that Man City won 6 - 1?
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Fussbot: 10:03am On Mar 07, 2013
Fabville:
I know you are a good coach and a good tactician. I want you list teams that played with ten men against eleven men in champions league competition and went ahead to win the such match apart from the two that is against Barcelona because you said you can go on.

You also said that SAF should have brought out RVP for a defender to defend one goal against Real Madrid! What you failed to know is that Barcelona is a team that plays only possession football and if they face any team that has disciplined defenders they always struggle because that is the only style of game they have. Barcelona rarely shoots from outside the penalty box. Unlike Real Madrid that can that can also possess the ball, can also counter-attack, and can shoot the ball from anywhere outside the box. Will any Barcelona player shoot the ball the way Modric shoot to score? No. They'll rather want to work the ball into the net. Any team that plays too defensive against Real Madrid will always concede a goal/an own goal. It is always a suicidal for you to sit back and defend one goal against Real Madrid.

You also said that top teams with top managers do not concede 2 goals in 12 minutes just becuase they lost a man and that because of that SAF lacks tactical awareness. I will take down memory lane on your "Jose the Tactician". In the first el clasico played by Jose, with 11 v 11 that he lost by 5 - 0, David Villa scored two goals within two minutes(55th and 58th minute). Also, at santiago banebeau in December 2011, he lost to Bacelona by 3 - 1 with two goals by Xavi in 54th minute and Fabregas 65th minute(within 12 minutes). What does that make your Jose? A very bad tatctician because he played with 11 vs 11 and lost two games with two goals within 12 minutes.

oh my goodness!ha!u wn't lack anything in jesus name..ur genrtn wil never lack 2..al the things u wish in life shal be urs,amen!and me 2...1,000000lks....u see some people jst don't know futball,help me tell them bros..even the stupid chelsea they are supporting,conceded 2 goals in the last 10mints against ordinary reading this season...fools! And yes without a red card
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by dopeJemi: 10:08am On Mar 07, 2013
emma4much4u: I have 2 questions for all manu fans who think it wasn't worth a red card.1.Why did Nani have to raise his studs so high just to control a ball that would naturally come down to his feeth if he felt that there was no other contender for the ball?.2.Why did he stay down after the incident feigning injury?.If u can answer this 2 questions without sentiments,then u will see why he was red carded.

Don't let hatred and hypocrisy blind u 4rm d truth.. Nau tell me, wud u av waited 4 d balL 2 bounce up and down b4 trynna start a counter-attack(question 1). Wud ronaLdo av waited 4 d ball 2 bounce up and down b4 collecting it?(Question 2). D ball was cleared off d box and he was in a better position 2 collect dat balL and start a counter attack immediateLy and cooLing d ball in d air and bringing it down was d best thing he or anybody else wud av done, dat was wah I expected him 2 do, dat was wah d whoLe stadium expected him 2 do, even ronaLdo wud av done d same thing buh arbeloa seeing wah he was abt 2 do, threw himseLf in d challenge 2 stop him 4rm cooLing d balL and starting a counter, its simpLe logic.. I shudnt be expLaining dis, even Luiz did more dan dat 2 cleverLy buh he wasn't booked, if u weren't so biased and hateful, u wud know dat nani never intended 2 hurt anyone and arbeLoa knows it
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Fabville: 10:31am On Mar 07, 2013
All Man United haters should go to this site http://www.debatabledecisions.com/english-premier-league-tables and see who benefits most from refrees decisions in EPL this season after 22 games. See where Man United is, where they would have been without those decisions and the position they are on the Decision Table.

2 Likes

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by dopeJemi: 10:43am On Mar 07, 2013
Fabville: All Man United haters should go to this site http://www.debatabledecisions.com/english-premier-league-tables and see who benefits most from refrees decisions in EPL this season after 22 games. See where Man United is, where they would have been without those decisions and the position they are on the Decision Table.

God bLess u 4 dis statistics.. Dis z 2 show dat dey hate Manchester united 4 being successfuL, even without d heLp of referees we still top d tabLe, doesn't dat define success.. Thank God we alL know d club dat has benefited more 4rm poor officiating and where dey wud av been if not 4 d heLp of d refs

Smh! Let dem hate alL dey want, it doesn't change d fact dat we r d Best in engLand
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Fabville: 10:57am On Mar 07, 2013
dopeJemi:

God bLess u 4 dis statistics.. Dis z 2 show dat dey hate Manchester united 4 being successfuL, even without d heLp of referees we still top d tabLe, doesn't dat define success.. Thank God we alL know d club dat has benefited more 4rm poor officiating and where dey wud av been if not 4 d heLp of d refs

Smh! Let dem hate alL dey want, it doesn't change d fact dat we r d Best in engLand

You have not seen anything. Check out last season that was won by Man City. All these are done by independent refrees.

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Shifiunited: 4:37pm On Mar 07, 2013
pro01: Na (red) devil go punish Nani and Man U in general. Dem think say ojoro na their birthright. Was Torres' red card in Chelsea vs Man U (at Stamford Bridge) justified? Not every referee belongs to the 'PDP'. Serves them right.
In short, it is not justified.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by harlos: 5:09pm On Mar 07, 2013
elampiro:

So why not be sure before you attack people?

If you had followed the previous comments carefully, you should have seen where I clarified that the red card was in FA cup match of last season. Some other people corroborated it. United were leading three nil, then city scored two, and it ended 2-3.

The argument was that it was not the league match of this season which was played in November. The match Rooney scored two goals, then Zabeleta and Y.Toure equalised before RVP scored a stoppage time winner with a stunning free kick. That was a clean match without any sending off. You jumped into the argument half way just because you want to criticise Man United. The anti Man U guy who started the argument said Kompany was sent off in the league match this season. That is the basis of this argument.
i'm not trying to be an anti-man u here, from the start i don't like man u, as a chelsea fan cos everytime we meet u always rub us to win.

CTID!
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by elampiro(m): 10:39pm On Mar 07, 2013
harlos: i'm not trying to be an anti-man u here, from the start i don't like man u, as a chelsea fan cos everytime we meet u always rub us to win.

CTID!

Before it used to favour Chelsea over United. Drogba's offside goal in 2009/2010 season, and Chelsea won the match 2-1 at Old Trafford. It was 5 matches to go, then Chelsea ended up winning the League one point over Man United.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by elampiro(m): 10:37pm On Mar 08, 2013
The referee considered this dangerous tackle by Madrid keeper early in the match to be an accident (unintentional), and he gave Nani a red for an accidental collusion.

Vidic headed a United corner, Madrid keeper Diego Lopez came late, missed the ball, and gave Vidic a heavy punch. Vidic went own immediately.

Nani went for the ball, had his eyes on it, Arbeloa could have avoided Nani, be he decided to run into Nani from his (Nani) blind side. Then there was an unintentional (accidental) collusion. Nani got a red for that, while Diego Lopez walked free.

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Shifiunited: 11:14pm On Mar 10, 2013
Lowkeys: Yes it is justified! Nani himself knows his intention.
And he told u that, right?
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by 1025: 1:51pm On Mar 11, 2013
to me, man u fans have no moral justification to talk about bad officiating because they win games based on bad officiating day in, day out. just a red card to a nani and the whole world has been brought to a standstill. when their personal ref gave chelsea two criminal red cards and an offside goal in a single match, nobody said anything. when chelsea was red carded against barca and were two goals down right there in camp nou, we made no excuses but we concentrated till we arrieved at buyern.
u were at home and 1 goal up via an own goal, what can't u do in few minutes with ten men.
fergie is no longer talking to press, he is no longer shaking hands with other coaches even our interim coach. the wife was even complaining that he no longer sleep inside their bed room. inside church, he keeps to himself. what is really happening? is this all about a red card or did the ref collect money and refused to deliver? this whole thing is getting suspicious.

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Fabville: 11:34pm On Mar 14, 2013
1025: to me, man u fans have no moral justification to talk about bad officiating because they win games based on bad officiating day in, day out. just a red card to a nani and the whole world has been brought to a standstill. when their personal ref gave chelsea two criminal red cards and an offside goal in a single match, nobody said anything. when chelsea was red carded against barca and were two goals down right there in camp nou, we made no excuses but we concentrated till we arrieved at buyern.
u were at home and 1 goal up via an own goal, what can't u do in few minutes with ten men.
fergie is no longer talking to press, he is no longer shaking hands with other coaches even our interim coach. the wife was even complaining that he no longer sleep inside their bed room. inside church, he keeps to himself. what is really happening? is this all about a red card or did the ref collect money and refused to deliver? this whole thing is getting suspicious.

Javi Martinez committed a more dangerous play offense against Arsenal's Rosicky than Nani did against Arbeloa but was given a Yellow card. Where is the consistency?

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 15, 2013
Fabville:

Javi Martinez committed a more dangerous play offense against Arsenal's Rosicky than Nani did against Arbeloa but was given a Yellow card. Where is the consistency?
Anyone who says Nani deserves the red card is an obvious nitwit.
I'm waiting for UEFA to come and grade this ref, as they rushed to defend the Turkish oaf who officiated the United/Real game
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Mar 15, 2013
Fabville:
I know you are a good coach and a good tactician. I want you list teams that played with ten men against eleven men in champions league competition and went ahead to win the such match apart from the two that was against Barcelona because you said you can go on.

You also said that SAF should have brought out RVP for a defender to defend one goal against Real Madrid! What you failed to know is that Barcelona is a team that plays only possession football but if they face any team that has disciplined defenders they always struggle because that is the only style of game they play. Barcelona rarely shoots from outside the penalty box. Unlike Real Madrid that can also possess the ball, can counter-attack, and can shoot the ball from anywhere outside the box. Will any Barcelona player shoot the ball the way Modric shot to score? No. They'll rather want to work the ball into the net. Any team that plays too defensive against Real Madrid will always concede a goal/an own goal. It is always suicidal for any team to sit back and defend one goal against Real Madrid.

You also said that top teams with top managers do not concede 2 goals in 12 minutes just becuase they lost a man and that because of that SAF lacks tactical awareness. I will take down memory lane on your "Jose the Tactician". In the first el clasico played by Jose, with 11 v 11 that he lost "Scandalously" by 5 - 0, David Villa scored two goals within two minutes(55th and 58th minute). Also, at santiago banebeau in December 2011, he lost to Bacelona by 3 - 1 with two goals by Xavi in 54th minute and Fabregas 65th minute(within 12 minutes). What does that make your Jose? A very bad tactician because he played with 11 vs 11 and lost two games with two goals within 12 minutes.

don't mind the charlatan.
Too many people believe their own hype.
If he can imply that Fergie is an average tactician, then something is wrong with him.
Thanks jare.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Crystal Palace Vs Manchester United - (0 - 1) - Live / Crystal Palace Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 16th August 2015 / Liverpool Vs Sheffield United (2 - 0 ) On 2nd January 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.