Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Was Nani's Red Card Justified? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Was Nani's Red Card Justified? (30348 Views)

Diego Lopez Punch On Vidic's Face Worse Than Nani's Collussion With Arbeloa / Sir Alex Ferguson Blames Nani For MANU Defeat To Chelsea / Messi Red Card: Should Messi Have Gotten A Red Card In The Barca V Chelsea Game? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Nobody: 10:22am On Mar 06, 2013
He (Nani) knew what he was doing that's why he got sent off. If not why did he foul abeloa and then went to ground holding his legs as if he was the one fouled
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by kunletade(m): 10:23am On Mar 06, 2013
the rules of the game say " any challenge with two footed is a straight red card " i understand you have to console yourself but don't put any blame on Ref.... Hala madrid!
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Nobody: 10:23am On Mar 06, 2013
Justified or not justified,Man U is out of the tournament and that is the baddest news in town for their fans.

grin

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by TableLeg(m): 10:24am On Mar 06, 2013
maishot: Its NOT a red card.
Nani had his eyes on d ball (to control), and not to his Abeloa
but,
Its obvious UEFA wishes to remove England 4m d competition,
Not minding the fact dat its Man-U.
You are daft beyond comprehension!

1 Like

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by ceeceeco: 10:24am On Mar 06, 2013
I'm a dedicated fan of MUFC though, but i think dat was a dangerous tackle. He's not the only player on the pitch perhaps, so it's a dangerous tackle weda he didn't intentionally or not, it's irrelevant. It's a dangerous tackle. Red card...I think d ref made the right call. & dnt 4get he spoke with his assistant b4 takin his decision. Dis is UEFA & d rules governin its body are very strict. Nani was careless.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by licensed2k(m): 10:25am On Mar 06, 2013
He was tryna control the ball midair and arbeloa ran through him fully awared....
If you think that was a red card, you are either anti man united or your mediocrity level has gone up off the charts.
The @OP intention was to paint nani in a bad light or how do u explain showin only the side that makes nani looked like the culprit. Arbeloa saw him, he knew what he was running into.
Nuf said.

1 Like

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by labamo07(m): 10:26am On Mar 06, 2013
Abi Man U n shiere ni? Nani is a mentalo karate fighter.. Oti ya were.................
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 06, 2013
ceeceeco: I'm a dedicated fan of MUFC though, but i think dat was a dangerous tackle. He's not the only player on the pitch perhaps, so it's a dangerous tackle weda he didn't intentionally or not, it's irrelevant. It's a dangerous tackle. Red card...I think d ref made the right call. & dnt 4get he spoke with his assistant b4 takin his decision. Dis is UEFA & d rules governin its body are very strict. Nani was careless.

Thanks and God bless you

Shame of Howard Webb tongue
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by dopesidez: 10:27am On Mar 06, 2013
spot on decision there by the referee from turkey, it was dangerous play and Nani left his foot in there and afterwards pretending to be the one hurt.
he must have known that he was contesting for the ball with someone that was why he put in that much effort.
finally if it were the reverse you all know what Sir Alex would have said..... sentiments aside though some referees would have shown a yellow but this one decided to show red just like on video games some refs are stricter than some.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Jarvis(m): 10:30am On Mar 06, 2013
oldlord: man u vs man city, kompany was handed a red card for offence that desever nt even yellow card. so let man u enjoy this ti.e
learn to spell well b4 comin here to comment.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by JMystique(m): 10:30am On Mar 06, 2013
Mehn nigerians can display stupidity online,hw is that a str8 red,this sort of clashes happen every week in football,nani jumped to control a baL not knowing Arbeloa was coming from BEHIND,with his eye on the ball the whole time.How about Diego Lopez who punched RVP str8 in the face while trying to punch the ball is that a red?.Even RM players were suprised @ it,according 2 the commentator the ref was the only person in the stadium who thought dt was a red.I knw you all hate Manu bt its no reason to type crap when the whole world has agreed that it was an injustice
That being said,ref has been helping manu b4 tho,its karma

1 Like

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by licensed2k(m): 10:30am On Mar 06, 2013
ceeceeco: I'm a dedicated fan of MUFC though, but i think dat was a dangerous tackle. He's not the only player on the pitch perhaps, so it's a dangerous tackle weda he didn't intentionally or not, it's irrelevant. It's a dangerous tackle. Red card...I think d ref made the right call. & dnt 4get he spoke with his assistant b4 takin his decision. Dis is UEFA & d rules governin its body are very strict. Nani was careless.

Were u really watchin d match, nani wasn't attemptin a tackle, he was goin to control the ball mid air......why wld I be arguin wt u anyway....u dnt matter
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by busayobrig: 10:32am On Mar 06, 2013
I TRUST MY LEG MOVIE.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Dee60: 10:33am On Mar 06, 2013
Watch the 2 legs again and you would want to conclude that the bookmakers gave it to Madrid even before kick-off. Red cad is given when there is a clear case of intent to injure. The red card given to Nani was a fraud.

For anyone who cares to listen, 2013 Champions league may already have been awarded to Madrid. AC Milan was helped to edge out Madrid's main contender, Barcelona.

There is too much fraud in modern day soccer.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by naeto2(m): 10:33am On Mar 06, 2013
So the red crooks played a fair game for the 1st time this season.....awesome grin
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by perragy(m): 10:33am On Mar 06, 2013
perragy: Nani could have just stood up, walked up to arbeloa and apologized to show his innocence of the crime and not to sleep on the ground claiming injury. Old trafford is a high capacity stadium, is he gonna fool everyone there? grin

Had it been it went Man Utd's way... talks will go like this, Ferguson na baba to mourinho, Na we train Ronaldo, Man U for life, na we be PDP anywhere, and so on... They just have to accept it.. Madrid was far better than they were last night.

1 Like

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by perragy(m): 10:35am On Mar 06, 2013
naeto2: So the red crooks played a fair game for the 1st time this season.....awesome grin

They were laughing at Chelsea for playing Thursday games [Europa] now they'll sit and watch chelsea play Europe based games while they wont.

2 Likes

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Lowkeys(m): 10:36am On Mar 06, 2013
Watch the Highlights again, Nani was not focused to the direction of the ball and he didn't touch the ball.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Frostyzone(m): 10:36am On Mar 06, 2013

Dude, you are really not a Man U fan at all judging by this unreasonable, confounding comment.

A retired Fifa grade A ref(Dermot Gallagher) said after the game, that at the most, the offence would have warranted a yellow card.

He further went on to say that, if United were to appeal the decision, they would almost certainly win, because despite the brutal nature of the tackle, it was largely innocuous.

Maybe, you are more technically and tactically knowledgeable than a retired ref sir, but this time around you got it very wrong.

3 Likes

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by MrAladin: 10:37am On Mar 06, 2013
man u nw feels d taste of their medicine. . . .dancing alingo my first post made frntpage. ;Dman u nw feels d taste of their medicine. . . .dancing alingo my first post made frntpage.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Emoticon: 10:38am On Mar 06, 2013
12 inches!:
a foul yes, a yellow card yes. A red card. Hell no.
What do u consider a red card in football?
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by ochukoccna: 10:39am On Mar 06, 2013
Dee60: Watch the 2 legs again and you would want to conclude that the bookmakers gave it to Madrid even before kick-off. Red cad is given when there is a clear case of intent to injure. The red card given to Nani was a fraud.

For anyone who cares to listen, 2013 Champions league may already have been awarded to Madrid. AC Milan was helped to edge out Madrid's main contender, Barcelona.

Is this dude deluded?
So the bookies now fix matches? shocked shocked
And how has AC Milan been helped to edge out Barca who were woeful in Milan? embarassed embarassed
A kung fu like kick is now a fraud? embarassed embarassed
So it was the bookies who raised up Nani's leg and told him to lie down when clearly Arbeloa should be the one on the turf
Where did you forget your brain cells today? grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 06, 2013
People talk rubbish all in the name of sentiment. So we are now judging dangerous play by intent?
Which player will agree to not going for the ball after a red card? Some of you swallow the English media hook line and sinker. If the whole thing was the other way round i'm sure Fergie and the rest of you would be applauding the referee. If Hazard, had done that and got sent off, headlines will be 'Shameless Hazard attempts to kill Arbeloa, Cost team Quarterfinal slot'. Nonsense.
The red was well and truly deserved!
Let's say it wasn't even deserved, that cheating lot had it coming. This season alone, I can remember Wilshere,Shelvey,Torres,Ivanovic being sent off questionably. Also, in 08/09 Evans kicked Drogba in the chest and instead of getting booked? Drogba got booked!!
Bottom line, all of you should get on with it. Mourinho outclassed the red nose whinger.. Get over it!!
1-0 up and just one man down and you blew it. Chelsea with 1 man down, 2 goals down, Bosingwa and Ivanovic as Centrebacks,Ramires as a rightback still came back to draw 2-2. Yet they said it was luck.
*Still dancing Azonto*

4 Likes

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Policewoman(f): 10:40am On Mar 06, 2013
That was no penalty. The Turkish Arabian Referee was hired by UEFA to deny MAN U the quarterfinals.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Nobody: 10:42am On Mar 06, 2013
Dee60: Watch the 2 legs again and you would want to conclude that the bookmakers gave it to Madrid even before kick-off. Red cad is given when there is a clear case of intent to injure. The red card given to Nani was a fraud.

Go home mate, you're drunk.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by dammytosh: 10:43am On Mar 06, 2013
That was a red card offence. The ref could have used his intuition for the sake of fairness and give a yellow card instead.

A dangerous kick and an unnecessary dive. It is a red card without sentiment.

he could have damaged Alonso's rib cage.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Feedmemore(f): 10:44am On Mar 06, 2013
Twas a kongfu kick, or was shaolin kick, no sorry karate kick. Or maybe he was trying to be a flying ninja. Only Nani can tell what he was trying to do.

The red card is more than justify, you don't go about jumping like a ninja in football match.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by BodyKiss(m): 10:48am On Mar 06, 2013
omonnakoda: The referee was not African. I am sure there are a few Europeans,Asians and Americans who agree with the referee
The logic on display in the above quote is exactly what we do NOT need in Africa. What kind of reasoning is that. We are talking of a red card and you extend that to the whole of Africa. Haba !

You couldn't even read between the line. He was referring to low brain like you and your comments here, not the referee in person.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Nobody: 10:49am On Mar 06, 2013
Frostyzone:

Dude, you are really not a Man U fan at all judging by this unreasonable, confounding comment.

A retired Fifa grade A ref(Dermot Gallagher) said after the game, that at the most, the offence would have warranted a yellow card.

He further went on to say that, if United were to appeal the decision, they would almost certainly win, because despite the brutal nature of the tackle, it was largely innocuous.

Maybe, you are more technically and tactically knowledgeable than a retired ref sir, but this time around you got it very wrong.

You can't say his name because he's an Englishman. . . . .abeg bounce
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Ponomote(m): 10:50am On Mar 06, 2013
Man Utd fans moaning about Nani's red card. Do they remember this red card for Eboue .. Karma

4 Likes

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by gratiaeo(m): 10:50am On Mar 06, 2013
Liverpool vs Man U̶̲̥̅̊... undeserved red
Shelvel send off, Man u advantage
Chelsea vs Man u... underdeserved red, Torres send off, Man u advantage
Man city vs Man u... undeserved red, kompany send off, Man u advantage
Who's complaining
Damn! Without ref Man u is nothing

1 Like

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by freecocoa(f): 10:53am On Mar 06, 2013
I just don't know why most Man U fans like being biased, just how is that not a red card offense?

The rule clearly states "no studs" so what da feck are you devils complaining for?

You devils rob matches everyday and now that a justified red card has been issued to Nani una dey here dey yarn opata, mscheew tongue.

I guess Sir forgot to pay the ref this time grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Crystal Palace Vs Manchester United - (0 - 1) - Live / Crystal Palace Vs Arsenal (1 - 2) On 16th August 2015 / Liverpool Vs Sheffield United (2 - 0 ) On 2nd January 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.