Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,673 members, 7,823,907 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Was Nani's Red Card Justified? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Was Nani's Red Card Justified? (30389 Views)

Diego Lopez Punch On Vidic's Face Worse Than Nani's Collussion With Arbeloa / Sir Alex Ferguson Blames Nani For MANU Defeat To Chelsea / Messi Red Card: Should Messi Have Gotten A Red Card In The Barca V Chelsea Game? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by babyboy3(m): 8:44pm On Mar 06, 2013
elampiro:

This video is F.A cup 5th round last season.

Mancity vs United League match this season eneded with 11 vs 11 men and United won to break City unbeaten home record

We were talking about decision united get away with, who cares whether they finish with 13 v 11
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by elampiro(m): 8:44pm On Mar 06, 2013
Babyboy,

Always get your facts right. The Kompany's video you uploaded was not even a league match. Thats FA Cup match of last season, over a year ago.

This season, November 2012, United beat City at Ethihad with 11 vs 11.

Be cleared.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Deiok(m): 8:45pm On Mar 06, 2013
dopeJemi:

wetin una dey yarn sef.. Una hate Man utd, I know buh make una taLk truth, Can u guys swear with ur Lives dat u were expecting d red card, d whoLe stadium was shocked, even d madrid pLayers were shocked.. Fact remains, PLATTINI knows wah he is doing.. I'll back up my cLaim after barca goes tru.. I just feeL sorry 4 Ac milLan
that what i said earlier. They try to do same thing last season chelsea vs barca, and munic vs madrid. But it didn't work. They are trying create an El clasico final. Watch bacelona returne leg against ac milan then you will know what i mean.

1 Like

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by babyboy3(m): 8:45pm On Mar 06, 2013
elampiro: Babyboy,

Always get your facts right. The Kompany's video you uploaded was not even a league match. Thats FA Cup match of last season, over a year ago.

Be cleared.

Was Kompany sent off in that match? yes or no.......
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by babyboy3(m): 8:48pm On Mar 06, 2013
elampiro: Babyboy,

Be cleared.

Knowing that they beat United at home 6-1 well nothing to brag about
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by elampiro(m): 8:51pm On Mar 06, 2013
baby-boy:

We were talking about decision united get away with, who cares whether they finish with 13 v 11

That is illogical, somebody said united was favoured this season against city when Kompany was sent off. I said it was not correct because City never got a man sent off in that match. You went and uploaded irrelevant vidoes, old videos.

Which teams don't get away with decisions? Totteham vs United, United got robbed and the match ended in a draw. Last season, Newcastle were awarded a penalty for a Rio Ferdinand clean tackle and the match ended in a draw at Old Trafford. Man U eventually lost the league on goals difference.

This season, city has had favours from referees poor decisions. They won a match from an offside goal the other time. Last weekend, they fowl a Villa player to get the only goal of the match.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by elampiro(m): 8:55pm On Mar 06, 2013
baby-boy:

Was Kompany sent off in that match? yes or no.......

Kompany was not sent off in the LEAGUE MATCH of November 2012 that United won 2-3 at Ethihad. He was substituted with K.TOURE due to hamstring injury. The match ended 11 vs 11.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by samilo88(m): 9:02pm On Mar 06, 2013
Fabville:
Every team benefits from from refree's mistakes. Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and some other teams have all benefited from refree's mistakes. Vicent Company was never sent off during Man city game against United. Who has the most penalty kicks in the EPL this season? It is Chelsea. The decision has been taken and there is nothing anybody can do about that. Why this discussion is coming up is for us to say the refree made a mistake in that decision and move on. It is those Man United haters who always shout and complain when Man United benefits from such mistakes. Real Madrid has benefited from two mistakes from the refree in two subsequent matches now ( penalty turned down against Barcelona and this red card against Man United). When it goes against them at another time, they shouldn't complain.
Bro Vincent Kompany not company. He "Kompany" was sent off last season for a two footed challenge in a FA cup game against united which United went on to win 3:2. Replays latter show that Kompany actually took the ball and not the leg.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by harlos: 9:14pm On Mar 06, 2013
Fabville:
Every team benefits from from refree's mistakes. Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and some other teams have all benefited from refree's mistakes. Vicent Company was never sent off during Man city game against United. Who has the most penalty kicks in the EPL this season? It is Chelsea. The decision has been taken and there is nothing anybody can do about that. Why this discussion is coming up is for us to say the refree made a mistake in that decision and move on. It is those Man United haters who always shout and complain when Man United benefits from such mistakes. Real Madrid has benefited from two mistakes from the refree in two subsequent matches now ( penalty turned down against Barcelona and this red card against Man United). When it goes against them at another time, they shouldn't complain.
are u a learner
Oh! Sorry maybe u were told very well,so let me help u incase of next time
Kompany was sent off against United on his tackle against Nani, even without making contact, and nani was even still rushing back to cover up before the ref blew for a foul.

Go for a re-watch.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by harlos: 9:17pm On Mar 06, 2013
elampiro:

Kompany was not sent off in the LEAGUE MATCH of November 2012 that United won 2-3 at Ethihad. He was substituted with K.TOURE due to hamstring injury. The match ended 11 vs 11.[/b][/color]
if u no watch the ball why are u commenting rubbish,mayb the person the told u forget to tell u the part
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by TableLeg(m): 9:25pm On Mar 06, 2013
samilo88:
Which igbobi? Do you have a short memory or you just pretending to forget what happened against chelsea earlier this season? If any fan is to point accusing fingers at refs it shouldn't be ManU fans. If u like cry from now till next year and wish you have the ref's blood sprinkled on your cereal for breakfast it wouldn't change anything. Go take a chill pill before you die for a club that doesn't know if you exist. Karma just kicked you guys in the butt and life remembered ManU that no one has the Monopoly of cheating others.
Thank you sir... That dude is a tosspot grin
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by JohnAkpa1(m): 9:42pm On Mar 06, 2013
Out of sentiment, mayb nani was thnkng of it so rashd bt d force of Arbeloa grease 2 dat level and nani's foot was drctly 2 hz opponent sternum u knw! So he dsrv d red card. And note dat if it were man u, it would have even been 2 red cards. What a carelex jump and mindset?
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by emmatok(m): 9:58pm On Mar 06, 2013
John Akpa: Out of sentiment, mayb nani was thnkng of it so rashd bt d force of Arbeloa grease 2 dat level and nani's foot was drctly 2 hz opponent sternum u knw! So he dsrv d red card. And note dat if it were man u, it would have even been 2 red cards. What a carelex jump and mindset?

Well from the video Nano leg was already up before Arbeloa ran in.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Kayman3(m): 10:18pm On Mar 06, 2013
I also felt dat d ref was too harsh, it could hav just been yellow card ofence.
Now let us assume d kick was unintentional.. Which i personal dont believe.
There was this que that every MAN-U fans are dodging.. Why was he (Nani) rolling on the ground as if he was d one kicked but d Kicked person was on his feet? I need honest answer by man u fans.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by jerryzy: 10:23pm On Mar 06, 2013
Nani was expecting 20 yards space for himself as he practises I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ his Taekwondo session, Nani noni
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Belovedd: 10:41pm On Mar 06, 2013
All this ranting from chelsea fans and their still being in europa or arsenal fans.......bla bla bla, even liverpool fans are talking....hmmmm!!!
In all of this, one thing i can say is man utd is taking at least one cup home this season but for chelsea, arsenal and Liverpool; none of them is taking anything home whether silverware or plasticware (mark my words)
Both premier league and fa cup are coming to MANCHESTER (whether united or city)

So, enjoy licking your wounds and like someone earlier said; Man utd would return to EPL and continue bossing our bitches around.

2 Likes

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by elampiro(m): 10:46pm On Mar 06, 2013
harlos: if u no watch the ball why are u commenting rubbish,mayb the person the told u forget to tell u the part

It's you that didn't watch the match. I don't know when last I missed a United match. Even if I am not at home, I stream it. We are talking of two different matches here, but same scoreline. One is FA Cup of last season while the other EPL match of this season.

see the match report below. Now tell me who is correct.

LINEUP, BOOKINGS (7) & SUBSTITUTIONS (6)
Manchester City
01 Hart
04 Kompany (K Toure - 21' )
05 Zabaleta
22 Clichy
33 Nastasic
08 Nasri Booked
18 Barry Booked
21 Silva
42 Y Toure Booked (Dzeko - 84' )
16 Aguero
45 Balotelli (Tevez - 52' Booked )
Substitutes
30 Pantilimon
03 Maicon
06 Lescott
28 K Toure
14 Garcia
10 Dzeko
32 Tevez
Manchester United
01 De Gea
02 Rafael
03 Evra
05 Ferdinand Booked
06 Evans (Smalling - 48' )
07 Valencia (Jones - 84' Booked )
16 Carrick
18 Young
23 Cleverley (Welbeck - 87' )
10 Rooney Booked
20 Van Persie
Substitutes
50 Johnstone
04 Jones
12 Smalling
11 Giggs
22 Scholes
14 Hernandez
19 Welbeck
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20571835
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Cheks01(f): 11:01pm On Mar 06, 2013
I think y d red card ws given 2 him ws dt he didnt get up immediately 2 apologise knowing he has committed an offence. My opinion
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Nobody: 12:57am On Mar 07, 2013
He Showed Studs... he got Straight Red.

The rule says no fucking STUDS, ITS DANGEROUS PLAY!
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by licensed2k(m): 1:02am On Mar 07, 2013
fresh_dude: You're a tw@t. Your brain cells have been lost to excessive garri consumption ode.
Was that all u got in ur arsenal? I can see u are a very delusional boy who has bn greatly abused by peers. D mistake is, u got the wrong person to pick on son.
One thing I assure u tho, I'm gonna have u for breakfast one of these days. U can count on that.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by loswhite(m): 1:34am On Mar 07, 2013
Beaf!:
Damn!
- Nani DOESN'T know that the guy was coming because ALL his attention was on the BALL. If the Ref had just issued the red card immediately I would have said it was a reflex (which ofcourse he will regret later). That guy waited for atleast 70secs before issuing the red. Nobody in that match expected a red card at that moment beside the refree. You could even see the surprise on the faces of RealMad players. May be yellow but definitely NOT a red. That Ref is a biatch!
his stud was on arbeloa's rib . I agree wit u on it was not intentional but if u fowl sumbody on box 18 weather it is intentional or not it is a penalty so d same applies
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by loswhite(m): 1:37am On Mar 07, 2013
Frostyzone: No, it wasn't. Nani didn't even see the guy coming as he went for the ball. Nobody, not even The Madrid players expected such an hard decision the ref, as none of them contested it.

I even thought at first that the decision would swing our way, after watching the first replay.
Arbeloa was the clear instigator of the foul, as he had no business throwing himself at an on rushing Nani at all.

My only regret is that he wasn't hospitalized, only then would a red card had been justified.
really ! Decision swing ur way chai na back of television u watch
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by pareto(m): 3:39am On Mar 07, 2013
Nani forgot two things.1, it was not Howard webb officiating.2, a champions league match and not premiership.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by Kelvinigho(m): 6:18am On Mar 07, 2013
D ref made a blunder.ramos shd has been sent off if d ref was a harsh man.over 4 diferent yelow card offenses comimted by ramos.what about the two hand ball offenses in the penalty box?d dream of the treble is dash.but the double is sure.d Epl and FA cup
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by harlos: 6:37am On Mar 07, 2013
elampiro:

It's you that didn't watch the match. I don't know when last I missed a United match. Even if I am not at home, I stream it. We are talking of two different matches here, but same scoreline. One is FA Cup of last season while the other EPL match of this season.

see the match report below. Now tell me who is correct.

LINEUP, BOOKINGS (7) & SUBSTITUTIONS (6)
Manchester City
01 Hart
04 Kompany (K Toure - 21' )
05 Zabaleta
22 Clichy
33 Nastasic
08 Nasri Booked
18 Barry Booked
21 Silva
42 Y Toure Booked (Dzeko - 84' )
16 Aguero
45 Balotelli (Tevez - 52' Booked )
Substitutes
30 Pantilimon
03 Maicon
06 Lescott
28 K Toure
14 Garcia
10 Dzeko
32 Tevez
Manchester United
01 De Gea
02 Rafael
03 Evra
05 Ferdinand Booked
06 Evans (Smalling - 48' )
07 Valencia (Jones - 84' Booked )
16 Carrick
18 Young
23 Cleverley (Welbeck - 87' )
10 Rooney Booked
20 Van Persie
Substitutes
50 Johnstone
04 Jones
12 Smalling
11 Giggs
22 Scholes
14 Hernandez
19 Welbeck
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20571835
man i still standing on the fact that he we sent off against united, i think it was in the FA. I was not told, I watched the match and i remember very well that we argue about the ref's decision after the match.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by ddippset(m): 7:03am On Mar 07, 2013
i wouldnt want to go into the controversy of whether the red card was justified or not since the arument could go on forever. all i want to say is that the red card qualified real madrid for the quarters. without reducing man u to 10 men, madrid would never have qualified. simple!

2 Likes

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by tribalism(m): 7:31am On Mar 07, 2013
How could you have send the one you regard as a prodigal son, a son you have unjustfully treated like an outcast, to a very important mission requiring trust.
I see it as a revenge on SAF by the brave and ruthless nani.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by snowprince01(m): 9:00am On Mar 07, 2013
Jerrygotswagg: Let's be truthful here , I am I die hard Man U fan, yes I know that the Red card was worth it, if you to be the Ref and u see some1 jump like jet li and he tries to hit u, so he hit him with a jet li move, JEsus , referee don't you have black card and ban him for life or are you a learner
U are not a man u fan... Dat was nani first foul nd Clearly he has not gotten a warning b4, also if u look closely u will notice dat his eyes Was on d ball nd was backing d defender. He saw him late nd his leg was already Suspended to come down dat fast..d defender in his own crashed in2 d leg knowing he will get payed for dat by giving nani dat red card. In a game of such magnitude ref should try d best way possible to keep d red card off his hand, because its a game where d best team should win, not with any advantage. Its not a red card Offence to me. Madrid knew wat they were doing, they needed to clip our feathers to b able to win dat game. Nani was d best on d pitch...its obvious cheating

1 Like

Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by emma4much4u: 9:01am On Mar 07, 2013
I have 2 questions for all manu fans who think it wasn't worth a red card.1.Why did Nani have to raise his studs so high just to control a ball that would naturally come down to his feeth if he felt that there was no other contender for the ball?.2.Why did he stay down after the incident feigning injury?.If u can answer this 2 questions without sentiments,then u will see why he was red carded.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by elampiro(m): 9:33am On Mar 07, 2013
harlos: man i still standing on the fact that he we sent off against united, i think it was in the FA. I was not told, I watched the match and i remember very well that we argue about the ref's decision after the match.

So why not be sure before you attack people?

If you had followed the previous comments carefully, you should have seen where I clarified that the red card was in FA cup match of last season. Some other people corroborated it. United were leading three nil, then city scored two, and it ended 2-3.

The argument was that it was not the league match of this season which was played in November. The match Rooney scored two goals, then Zabeleta and Y.Toure equalised before RVP scored a stoppage time winner with a stunning free kick. That was a clean match without any sending off. You jumped into the argument half way just because you want to criticise Man United. The anti Man U guy who started the argument said Kompany was sent off in the league match this season. That is the basis of this argument.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by elampiro(m): 9:34am On Mar 07, 2013
ddippset: i wouldnt want to go into the controversy of whether the red card was justified or not since the arument could go on forever. all i want to say is that the red card qualified real madrid for the quarters. without reducing man u to 10 men, madrid would never have qualified. simple!

Well said.
Re: Was Nani's Red Card Justified? by elampiro(m): 9:42am On Mar 07, 2013
When the whole world knows Nani red was biased, only Nigerian haters think it was justified.

FA Cup becomes priority for wounded Man United
By Martyn Herman | Reuters – 3 hrs ago

Reuters/Reuters -

Manchester United will aim to vent their feelings of injustice on holders Chelsea in the FA Cup this weekend after a controversial Champions League exit against Real Madrid on Tuesday torched their hopes of a treble.
Alex Ferguson's side have concentrated their firepower on bigger prizes since last lifting the FA Cup for a record 11th time in 2004 when they beat Millwall.
But knocking out the club who have won the FA Cup four times in the last six seasons - including the 2007 final when Chelsea beat United in the first final at the re-built Wembley Stadium - would be some consolation.
The clash at Old Trafford is the standout match of the quarter-finals which also features the all-Premier League tie between Everton and Wigan Athletic.
Manchester City, the 2011 winners, face 1912 winners Barnsley of the Championship and in an all-Championship tie Millwall meet Blackburn Rovers, who knocked out Arsenal in the last round.
"We've still got an FA Cup tie and we're still in a commanding position in the league. So we'll get over it, we'll bounce back," United assistant manager Mike Phelan told the club's website after United's 2-1 home defeat by Real Madrid in which Nani was controversially sent off.
"We've had disappointments before and we'll get over this one. We'll come in (to training) and kick on.
"The players will rally round, the staff will rally round and we'll be Manchester United right the way through until the end of May."

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Fulham Vs Manchester United (1 - 2) On 20th January 2021 / Tottenham Hotspur Vs Arsenal (2 - 0) On 30th April 2017 / Crystal Palace Vs Manchester United - (0 - 1) - Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.