Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,453 members, 7,812,394 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:40 PM

Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits (8669 Views)

Excitement In Borno As Troops Reclaim Gudumbari / Massive Traffic As Jonathan Visit Lagos (Photo) / Photos From PDP Presidential Campaign Rally in Sokoto, As Jonathan Visits Sultan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by peleson: 9:38pm On Mar 06, 2013
ndu_chucks: Support him or not, GEJ is our President. His security must be vigorously safeguarded.

But must he continue to abuse his office? Why declare a public holiday at the cost of possibly billion of Naira because of a visit? Let's hope BH within the PDP got the public holiday memo.
Guys like u r worst. Who wrote ur WAEC for u? Ehh ds bad Nigerian. Did u read the post at all ODE? Borno state declared public holidays n u r blaming GEJ. Blame GEJ for not impregnating ur wife.
Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by premlove(m): 10:27pm On Mar 06, 2013
skales: Why will they declare holiday cuz a fisherman president wants to visit?

Smh
and ur fada who is a bloody civilian is rule by a fisher man so pathectic
Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by premlove(m): 10:30pm On Mar 06, 2013
halimat1985: Does that mean every state should declare holiday because Jonathan is Visiting?
Shio.
do u understand english
Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by nduchucks: 10:37pm On Mar 06, 2013
peleson:
Guys like u r worst. Who wrote ur WAEC for u? Ehh ds bad Nigerian. Did u read the post at all ODE? Borno state declared public holidays n u r blaming GEJ. Blame GEJ for not impregnating ur wife.
i bu onye jjc? mumu
Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by TheBlackPrince: 11:21pm On Mar 06, 2013
Akshow: eba or whats that your miserable name. The post of leadership isn't for weaklings and cowards which is exactly what your Jonathan is. For three good years maiduguri a state under is rule has been on fire and you want me to celebrate the fact that he jus deemed it fit to visit there? Even though you voted him in out of sentimental reasons, that does not mean you should condone his inept leadership skills. Pls make no excuse for a failure cos it makes you look stupid

Leadership is not by force. He has security advisers. He is the no 1 citizen. U can hate all u want but pls undastnd tht ur opinion does not count so spend ur tym appreciating d'tinzGod has done for u
Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by Mkpotu(m): 2:49am On Mar 07, 2013
Some critics here are just fools. If the State Govt decides to declare public holidays, it is best known to them afterall this is not the first time Public holidays is being declared on a/c of a Presidents visit both in Nigeria and other countries.

We are talking about a volatile state, an area that have vowed that as far as a Southerner is in power they will continue to kill people and destroy things. So if one of the security measures requires that movt is restricted, so be it. Our C in C must go there & come out alive even if collateral damage is caused. I do not blame most of u because GEJ demystified the office of the President by winning election as opposed to the usual belief that the position is reserved for top Military echelons, the Hausa Fulani Ruling Class, the top/Int'l Biz Class like Abiola etc who though was not allowed to smell the position.

If the likes of the Hausa Fulani Ruling class were there, I knw we cannot criticize more because we may not know much of the things happening. Am not a fan of GEJ infact then I was supporting Atiku in PDP primaries but I have to respect the position he's occupying. Even Borno Govt is APC but they hv to shove it down their throat & ensure C in C in secured in their State. There's a limit to politiking & when to have interest of the masses at heart.

Safe Visit to Yobe & Borno States Mr. President.
Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by Mkpotu(m): 3:58am On Mar 07, 2013
I bet some of u here, if u do not take time with this APC oveerhyped profile, GEJ will draw the sympathy of Nigerians & win the election again in 2015.

For opposition to succeed, it must be constructive not a clueless one & unnecessary noise making. I have not spoken for some time on this forum though I cannot do without Nairaland for a day & I enjoy it.

If APC knows solution to Boko Haram insurgence let them nip their activities to the bud afterall its APC states (Borno & Yobe). Buhari knows solution to this, why not from the background explore it & definitely we will know & by 2015 we may not have option than for us all to cry that he's the man. Instead they will not do it, they preferred that GEJ's govt should be distracted & rubbished so they will come & take over. Definitely, another uprising will start from the South, vandalizing & kidnapping of the Oil workers which will immediately reflect on our economy.

Let's give others a chance & I know for sure that GEJ is a democratic President & someone that listens to critics, so any constructive one will definitely be listened to & not one myopic & sentimental criticism. He swallowed his pride on UNILAG name change & reversed it but some stubborn persons will not eat their vomit & they must use every means possible within their reach as C in C to achieve no matter whose ox is gored. (They can use the judiciary, decide not to fund the University, remove the VC if stubborn, shut down the university if there's uprising then a Committee wil be set up to investigate the remote & immediate causes of the uprising, they will sit for 3months whilst the school remains shut etc but he decided to backdown since it wasn't a popular opinion. But some other person as President will do every bad thing possible to achieve it just to keep his pride.

I just pray we will be alive when any of these over ambitious Hausa Fulani man enters, we will all be here. Take Sanusi for eg, he doesn't care what happens to the poor bankers/families out there bt bc of ego/personal problems with Ibrus & Akigbolas he was ready to do everythn humanly possible to crush his perceived enemies no matter who suffers. That's why he can afford to sell Intercontinental to Access Bank, something that is unthinkable economically, financially & otherwise.

This is what makes GEJ different, let's criticize constructively not all these name calling.

1 Like

Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by Nobody: 6:26am On Mar 07, 2013
^^
Jona can win election in 2015 only in your dream. I do not see the northern politicians that stole the election for him in 2011, stealing it for him for the 2nd time; not after the riots that broke out in the north. For the first time in this country, northerners went after their leaders,including their emirs, touching their houses and destroying their properties for 'selling-out' the last elections to Jona. Political heavyweights in the north cant afford to steal the elections for Jona once again. The political backlash may consume them and their families this time. Its damn to risky...As for Jona, he is on his own in 2015. Period!
Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by Tattooboy: 6:29am On Mar 07, 2013
Obiora4life:

The bold is just uncalled for, why will his presence bring bad business? angry angry angry
sales will always reduce on a public holiday.
Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by gramci: 6:41am On Mar 07, 2013
Maple: ^^
Jona can win election in 2015 only in your dream. I do not see the northern politicians that stole the election for him, stealing it for him for the 2nd time, not after the riots that broke out in the north. For the first time in this country, northerners went after their leaders,including their emirs, touching their houses and destroying their properties for 'selling-out' the last elections to Jona. Political heavyweights in the north cant afford to steal the elections for Jona once again. The political backlash may consume them and their families this time. Its damn to risky...As for Jona, he is own his own in 2015. Period!

The blood suckers also killed innocent youth corpers.
Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by Nobody: 6:47am On Mar 07, 2013
Akin-David:
Another way of declaring Curfew grin

That is exactly what it is...
Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by Nobody: 6:51am On Mar 07, 2013
Mkpotu: I bet some of u here, if u do not take time with this APC oveerhyped profile, GEJ will draw the sympathy of Nigerians & win the election again in 2015.

For opposition to succeed, it must be constructive not a clueless one & unnecessary noise making. I have not spoken for some time on this forum though I cannot do without Nairaland for a day & I enjoy it.

If APC knows solution to Boko Haram insurgence let them nip their activities to the bud afterall its APC states (Borno & Yobe). Buhari knows solution to this, why not from the background explore it & definitely we will know & by 2015 we may not have option than for us all to cry that he's the man. Instead they will not do it, they preferred that GEJ's govt should be distracted & rubbished so they will come & take over. Definitely, another uprising will start from the South, vandalizing & kidnapping of the Oil workers which will immediately reflect on our economy.

Let's give others a chance & I know for sure that GEJ is a democratic President & someone that listens to critics, so any constructive one will definitely be listened to & not one myopic & sentimental criticism. He swallowed his pride on UNILAG name change & reversed it but some stubborn persons will not eat their vomit & they must use every means possible within their reach as C in C to achieve no matter whose ox is gored. (They can use the judiciary, decide not to fund the University, remove the VC if stubborn, shut down the university if there's uprising then a Committee wil be set up to investigate the remote & immediate causes of the uprising, they will sit for 3months whilst the school remains shut etc but he decided to backdown since it wasn't a popular opinion. But some other person as President will do every bad thing possible to achieve it just to keep his pride.

I just pray we will be alive when any of these over ambitious Hausa Fulani man enters, we will all be here. Take Sanusi for eg, he doesn't care what happens to the poor bankers/families out there bt bc of ego/personal problems with Ibrus & Akigbolas he was ready to do everythn humanly possible to crush his perceived enemies no matter who suffers. That's why he can afford to sell Intercontinental to Access Bank, something that is unthinkable economically, financially & otherwise.

This is what makes GEJ different, let's criticize constructively not all these name calling.

You are just too emotional ...cool down and process your thought logically.
Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by genxris: 6:59am On Mar 07, 2013
ochukoccna: APC governors visited Borno last week &mingled freely with the common man
APC is not 3 months old yet
None amongst them is the C-in-C
Ebele Jonathan has been planning his 'visit' to Borno for over 3 years but a public holiday has been declared in a comatose economy for his visit that the common man will be at home
He's the C-in-C
Who is the 'coward'?
Who is the president?
OGOGORO NO B LIVER!
Dude you are just a hater, sometimes I wonder if GEJ stole your sisters or wives away from some of these his haters. So u want Mr president to get into a state like Bronue and yobe and start wlking around without protection so that he will prove to u that he is a hero when the wicked ones/haters like u in the state assassinate him your more qualified father or yourself will take over and solve Nigerian's numerous problem over night right
Rubbish
Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by Dolakinz(m): 7:15am On Mar 07, 2013
Fellow Nigerians, pls pray for both President and his vice,so dat nothing bad will happen to them 2day and 2morow. And dat they shudnt betray each other durin dis visit. Babangida and sm pple are plotting something
Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by kabba7(m): 8:00am On Mar 07, 2013
what a waste for the Born government to close down the state for Jonathan its a shame
Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by Promolysis(m): 8:55am On Mar 07, 2013
oritseweyi: I think it is a welcome development.This Boko Haram are somehow.The President need security after all he is a man like.If anything happen to him like Kwara's CP,PDP will chose another President
error error error.... Oh'boy who carry u come nairaland. Pls mind ur grammatical error
Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by ogb5(m): 9:07am On Mar 07, 2013
Why is GEJ even bothering to go there.
Nonsense.

Any tribe or region can decide to instigate violence just to prove a point like the Notherners are doing, that doesn't mean the president should lose his sleep over the foolishness of people who are supposed to leaders in their own right.

GEJ wins election, Northerners embrace Boko haram to conjoled power back to the north, When a Northerner starts rulingg, SS will embrace MEND to prove to the North that they are not the only ones in the country, maybe the easterners will embrace Massob, just to prove their own point. The westerners also have OPC to embrace.

At the end of the day everyone suffers. Someone really need to tell the northerners that they can bomb themselves to hell, that blackmail shouldn't make the President go on a trip to the hell hole BH state.
Re: Friday Declared Holiday In Borno As Jonathan Visits by kurga(m): 2:47pm On Mar 07, 2013
Ibn sultan: hmmm the fisherman is clueless n dump he lckz vision n mission fr dz nation n itz population..y allw a public hol fr a visit by d c in c ....... fr years he did not visit ontil d progressive did shame shame shame shame shame shame shame shame on mr jona n his missionless actionlesss pdp gangsters
Try to use punctuations, and good construction

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

“you May Not Survive This” – Obasanjo Tells Jonathan (another Revelation) / APC Open To All Nigerians Interested In Development, Says Oyegun / This Is Why Edo State Should Be Removed From SS Zone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.