Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Northerners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks - Senator Enang - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northerners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks - Senator Enang (23943 Views)

Senator Ita Enang Arrives Senate With The Ministerial List / 36 Ministerial Nominees With Ita Enang / Northerners Hold 83 Per Cent Of Oil Blocks – Senator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northerners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks - Senator Enang by EzeUche(m): 6:58pm On Mar 07, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Shut your trash about Yoruba this Yoruba that. Before the civil war, there was a balance of power. When your brother launched a silly doomed to fail secession bid against all advice to tread with caution, what exactly was on his mind? That the equation would return to Pre-war era after woeful defeat? It takes a sober deeper reflection to realize the balance of power was badly altered after the war that the North essentially appropriated Nigeria completely.

I laughed sometimes when you folks called Yorubas cowards. Is the Niger Delta not aware of Northern domination of oil industry and yet acceded to crumbs in the name of amnesty? Essentially, they were bribed to forget the nonsensical resource control trash they were hyping about. Perhaps the Yorubas forced them to toe that line. Even now that they have a sitting president in Aso Rock, what has changed in the region? Infrastructure there is parlous, security there is a mess and there is even no massive investment to put the region on the path of progress. What is he up to? What can he do? A clueless deadwood of a president.

Leave Yorubas out of your mess, at least we also cornered about 18% of the allocation and I know if the real list is released we might have up to 25%. Which essentially translates to SW gets its share while the North pockets the rest. We ll continue to negotiate to expand our share of the oil. Follow your clueless leaders who are ways too dead intellectually to put their region on a strategic edge in national politics. We are not interested in a sour soup. GEJ's soup is sour for the Yorubas. We won't shout for your support if you can't do anything for us. We won't follow Azikwe Jonathan blindly if there is nothing there for us.

As for APC, it's a child of necessity. Since to some of you, the North is evil, bad, useless, parasitic and dumb, why don't you launch a political party that excludes the North and see how you ll fare? APC is an alliance between the Yorubas and the North? Then what's PDP? An alliance between what and what?

^^^
Are you finish with your long epistle?

Yoruba elite only go where the wind blows. You think APC will defeat a united South East, South-South and Middle Belt.

Prepare to cry about more marginalization. It is time to correct the sins of the past.

4 Likes

Re: Northerners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks - Senator Enang by TUMIC(m): 6:58pm On Mar 07, 2013
I HEAR SOME PEOPLE IN THIS FORUM SHOUTING REVOLUTION!!!
REVOLUTE... UR HEAD.
WHERE WERE YOUR GRAND FATHERS WHEN THE CIVIL WAR WAS BEING FOUGHT? I GEUSS DRINKING PALM WHILE THEY HID INSIDE THE BUSH WHEN REAL MEN WERE FIGHTING AND DYING.
AND HERE YOU ARE CALLING SOME NORTHERNERS OPPORTUNIST, WHO YOU THOUGHT WERE FOOLS, why you were the real FOOL.
WHO IS NOT A THIEF IN THIS COUNTRY?
YOUR PRESIDENT?
YOUR GOVERNOR?
YOUR FATHER?
SEUN?
ME?
OR MAY BE YOU?
HA HA HA HA HA HA .........
YOU HAVE NOT SEEN ANYTHING THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING UNLESS SOME DRASTIC MEASURE ARE TAKING.
Not talk talk talk
That is what we always do in NIGERIA. AND THAT IS WHY WE ARE WERE WE ARE TODAY.

3 Likes

Re: Northerners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks - Senator Enang by Nobody: 7:01pm On Mar 07, 2013
EzeUche:

^^^
Are you finish with your long epistle?

Yoruba elite only go where the wind blows. You think APC will defeat a united South East, South-South and Middle Belt.

Prepare to cry about more marginalization. It is time to correct the sins of the past.

Now you are talking. We won't support GEJ and you are smart enough to why. This is not the time to boast.
Let's see how the election plays out in 2015. Goodluck.
Re: Northerners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks - Senator Enang by Fhemmmy: 7:05pm On Mar 07, 2013
EzeUche:

Because it was illegal. Now what kind of question is that?

I am not here to fight the legality of the license, i am here to say it has been done and when all their own kids were being enlisted into the Army and being able to control Nigeria, our own people were doing what? yes, i might not like it but they come together and making something happen, and we will be here and speak grammar like we always do and expect IBB and the rest to give up all oil blocks . . . I laff out loud while i cry in silence.
Re: Northerners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks - Senator Enang by RealMccoy2(m): 7:25pm On Mar 07, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Now you are talking. We won't support GEJ and you are smart enough to why. This is not the time to boast.
Let's see how the election plays out in 2015. Goodluck.
Sometimes I wonder what exactly will be going on in the thoughts of Awo and Abiola in their grave when they weigh the roles been played by their kinsmen right now in Nigerian politics. Do you think my merging with Fulani (APC) a position will be guaranteed for ACN? You need to go back to your drawing board or learn from mistakes made by your past hero. SW will loose again if they decide to play second fiddle.

2 Likes

Re: Northerners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks - Senator Enang by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 07, 2013
Real-Mccoy:

Sometimes I wonder what exactly will be going on in the thoughts of Awo and Abiola in their grave when they weigh the roles been played by their kinsmen right now in Nigerian politics. Do you think my merging with Fulani (APC) a position will be guaranteed for ACN? You need to go back to your drawing board or learn from mistakes made by your past hero. SW will loose again if they decide to play second fiddle.

I laughed real hard. I love reading folks like you advising the SW not to play second fiddle. I know how the SE have been playing the "first" fiddle. One can equally see how GEJ made himself president without North's support. If there is any region in a precarious position of losing again and again, look at this Igbo president in 2003, 2007, 2011, and not completely feasible again in 2015. You are playing the "first" fiddle. Bravo

2 Likes

Re: Northerners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks - Senator Enang by vandarsar(m): 7:41pm On Mar 07, 2013
Lol....you still using world bank definition of poverty to judge yourself?

Godogwu:

I dunno about you but I'm not an elite but I'm nothing close to poor smiley
Re: Northerners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks - Senator Enang by pat077: 7:48pm On Mar 07, 2013
why won't dey ve enough fund 2 sponsor terrorism?
Re: Northerners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks - Senator Enang by WarriPikin1: 7:51pm On Mar 07, 2013
The Federal character Principle must be enforced with the ownership of oil wells in Nigeria. it is beyond comprehension that a section of the country corner 80% of all the oil blocks ,when they donot even suffer 0% of the environmental impact of continued oil production. The oil wells should be redistributed amongst Nigerians with the Federal Character principle strictly followed. The era of too much cheating is gone. This country must either be fair to all or we shall stop the continued oil production BY FORCE!

1 Like

Re: Northerners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks - Senator Enang by BigBenoski(m): 8:09pm On Mar 07, 2013
Gboliwe: Wow!
This news kept me temporarily dumb!
Shocking!
there's nothing surprising here...'beaf' has said this a couple of times in this forum but most of u kept calling him '40 man laptop'.smh
Re: Northerners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks - Senator Enang by nduchucks: 8:09pm On Mar 07, 2013
Noiseless2: People! You have seen clearly why the likes of MALAM HELL RUFAI aka NDU_CHUCKS will never wast time to threaten anyone, and start hurling camel and donkey loads of insults at anyon who dares to talk about people going their seperate ways.

They know very well the half and full open evil they have been inflicting on those they love see as the second class citizens.

Not even mention their secret evil upon the people for decades.

How many oil blocks have been defined and sold in Nigeria?
Total number please, Olodo
Re: Northerners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks - Senator Enang by manibuds(m): 8:13pm On Mar 07, 2013
the only way this can be peacefully resolved is resource control.would any sane person give up hundreds of millions of dollars from an OML even if it does not seem fair to the true indigenes of the area?nigeria has been moulded and contorted out of shape by NN dominated military,any other region apart from SS will(should)not complain about resources,because they are the parasites in this setting.thinking about the money going to senators and reps,monthly allocations to states,oil subsidy payments etc only violent liberation will change things.i just dont see how nigerians will agree to do what is fair.historical records show that the nigerian coast line supplied the largest amount of slaves,here is the kicker,nigerians did not stop supplying slaves rather the white man stopped buying.........we simply lacked the moral will to stop brotherly treachery.slave trade was not just about throwing people catching people and throwing into ships.....think of the allied services...commission to obas,food,chains,ropes,washing of slaves to make them look healthy to attract better price....we just couldnt stop....only war can end this....too bad

1 Like

Re: Northerners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks - Senator Enang by otokx(m): 8:13pm On Mar 07, 2013
backtosender: My SS people north really used us no matter how we view it sad sad sad
They really finished us.
Re: Northerners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks - Senator Enang by pazienza(m): 8:43pm On Mar 07, 2013
TUMIC: I HEAR SOME PEOPLE IN THIS FORUM SHOUTING REVOLUTION!!!
REVOLUTE... UR HEAD.
WHERE WERE YOUR GRAND FATHERS WHEN THE CIVIL WAR WAS BEING FOUGHT? I GEUSS DRINKING PALM WITH INSIDE THE BUSH THEY WERE HIDING WHY REAL MEN WERE FIGHTING AND DYING.
AND HERE YOU ARE CALLING SOME NORTHERNERS OPPORTUNIST, WHO YOU THOUGHT WERE FOOLS, why you were the real FOOL.
WHO IS NOT A THIEF IN THIS COUNTRY?
YOUR PRESIDENT?
YOUR GOVERNOR?
YOUR FATHER?
SEUN?
ME?
OR MAY BE YOU?
HA HA HA HA HA HA .........
YOU HAVE NOT SEEN ANYTHING THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING UNLESS SOME DRASTIC MEASURE ARE TAKING.
Not talk talk talk
That is what we always do in NIGERIA. AND THAT IS WHY WE ARE WERE WE ARE TODAY.

Exactly, people were busy aiding the enemy who posed as a friend to crush biafra,even some stupid igbos got fooled too,and fought against biafra,well the war had long been over. The winners have the spoils,that's the natural order of things, anybody not happy with that can go grab the next rat poison,like someone else did,when it dawned on him that he had been played.

Maybe next time,people would learn to chase off an external intruder first,and settle internal issues later.

2 Likes

Re: Northerners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks - Senator Enang by Nobody: 8:46pm On Mar 07, 2013
The Northerners will still own the majority of the oil blocs even if what we know as federal character were applied.

Nigerian political chessgame in a nutshell:

The North controls Nigeria politically as the principal oligarchs, mentally most southerners equate splendor and massive wealth with these guys. Socially equated with beauty, quick to anger and violence, troubled, but calm as a river when they are appeased. Treat them right and you'll love them, say something amiss and it's off with your head! Definition of a medieval but reveting monarchy.

The SW is the economic and cultural nerve center in Nigeria courtesy of lagos and a tightly controlled media machine. If there is any region that has memorized the "48 laws of power" it would be this. The savvy court eunichs who understand the "order" and are happy to maintain it at their political expense so that they emerge better than even the proposed leaders. Smarmy and damn proud!

The SS flitters here and there in confusion...oscillating between admiration for their SW and Northern counterparts (vs the SE) and resentment over being continuously being shortchanged in exchange for their wealth. The ideal group to "manage" and exploit since they have the wealth but are naive and caught between two worlds.

Nobody gives a damn about the middle-belters. They produced most of Nigeria's leaders but offer little of value as a region as far as Nigeria is concerned.

Even worse...everybody abhors and derides the SE - the direct antethesis of the keyholding North and SW. Forever destined to remain at the bench and pay for attempting to uprooting the "natural order" of Nigeria's social hierarchy. Consider that their region is so "eastern" and so small that their relative dominance in population and attempts at relevancy is too laughable to the order. Siege mentality makes things worse for them in outlook and undermines their potential.

Of course, we can attempt to change this structure all we like but as long as the fundamental dynamic of Nigeria exists an "invisible hand" will guide us to where Nigeria "rightfully belongs."

Of course - we cannot forget our foreign multinationals, white-skinned investors and "expats" who understand this "dynamic" and play along so that they emerge as the real, true winners in Nigeria.

If these regions were individuals it would make for a good TV show. Better than the Game of Thrones! :-O

Warri _Pikin: The Federal character Principle must be enforced with the ownership of oil wells in Nigeria. it is beyond comprehension that a section of the country corner 80% of all the oil blocks ,when they donot even suffer 0% of the environmental impact of continued oil production. The oil wells should be redistributed amongst Nigerians with the Federal Character principle strictly followed. The era of too much cheating is gone. This country must either be fair to all or we shall stop the continued oil production BY FORCE!

2 Likes

Re: Northerners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks - Senator Enang by true2god: 8:48pm On Mar 07, 2013
To me the south south and the south east (the old eastern region) is a conqured terrotory after the Nigeria\Biafra war. The north (with British and Russian help) defeated the old Eastern Nigeria in a great war against eastern secession frm Nigeria.

So naturally the victorios power didctate the tune in the conqured territory (south south and niger delta region). Still reapin the fruit of the civil war up till date while the owner of the oil languish in abject poverty.

2 Likes

Re: Northerners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks - Senator Enang by Duru1(m): 9:06pm On Mar 07, 2013
true2god: To me the south south and the south east (the old eastern region) is a conqured terrotory after the Nigeria\Biafra war. The north (with British and Russian help) defeated the old Eastern Nigeria in a great war against eastern secession frm Nigeria.

So naturally the victorios power didctate the tune in the conqured territory (south south and niger delta region). Still reapin the fruit of the civil war up till date while the owner of the oil languish in abject poverty.

The above post is the type of display, a mental retar.dation and apathetic to historical fact, which constitutes the bane of progress in Nigeria. I never knew humans can deliberately tell bunch of lies to themselves and feel happy about it. Can anybody with well organized social order above his\her shoulders explain how this joker arrived to the is conclusion albeit “The north (with British and Russian help) defeated the old Eastern Nigeria in a great war against eastern secession frm Nigeria”?

The last time I check though, Nigeria\Biafra debacle was a war eastern region fought against northern, western, midwestern and elements of eastern region (with the help from British, USSR, Canada, Australia, Egypt, Niger, Chad, Cameroon and UAL).
Re: Northerners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks - Senator Enang by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 07, 2013
Duru1:

This type of display, a mental retar.dation and apathetic to historical fact, is the bane of progress in Nigeria. I never knew humans can deliberately tell bunch of lies to themselves and feel happy about it. Can anybody with well organized social order above his\her shoulders explain how this joker arrived to the is conclusion albeit “The north (with British and Russian help) defeated the old Eastern Nigeria in a great war against eastern secession frm Nigeria”?
The last time I check though, Nigeria\Biafra war eastern region fought against northern, western, midwestern and elements of eastern region (with the help from British, USSR, Canada, Australia, Egypt, Niger, Chad, Cameroon and UAL).

If you like say the whole world fought against Biafra. The key thing: Biafra was defeated.
Re: Northerners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks - Senator Enang by Duru1(m): 9:16pm On Mar 07, 2013
Prof Corruption:

If you like say the whole world fought against Biafra. The key thing: Biafra was defeated.

The defeat of Biafra could be key thing to you. Well, you are entitled to such skewed opinion. However, it is worthy to know the jackasses who congregated to persecute the war against Biafra too. I guess future holds more revelations than we have already seen.
Re: Northerners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks - Senator Enang by Nobody: 9:18pm On Mar 07, 2013
Duru1:

The defeat of Biafra could be key thing to you. Well, you are entitled to such skewed opinion. However, it is worthy to know the jackasses who congregated to persecute the war against Biafra too. I guess future holds more revelations than we have already seen.

Eeyah, skewed opinion indeed.
Re: Northerners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks - Senator Enang by RealMccoy2(m): 9:43pm On Mar 07, 2013
Prof Corruption:

I laughed real hard. I love reading folks like you advising the SW not to play second fiddle. I know how the SE have been playing the "first" fiddle. One can equally see how GEJ made himself president without North's support. If there is any region in a precarious position of losing again and again, look at this Igbo president in 2003, 2007, 2011, and not completely feasible again in 2015. You are playing the "first" fiddle. Bravo
Just last week two of your brothers who are members of Boko Haram were caught conspiring to bomb and assasinate some elites in northern Nigeria, just to sabotage GEJ administration. Few weeks ago, a northern media attack dog who happens to be from SW accused igbos of dominating the military instead of praising the army chief for setting a standard (merit), when super eagles qualified for semi final during the just concluded African cup, your brothers accused Nigerian squad to be igbos only. We know the game your people are trying to play but I just want to inform you that we are light years ahead. If Nigeria erupts don't assume your region will be left off the hook. Obasanjo is a man i respect and i wish SW has more of his kind.
Re: Northerners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks - Senator Enang by mkoabiola: 9:46pm On Mar 07, 2013
Sennator Enag knws wat he is saying.
Ds is a man who has been in d house of rep since 1999 bfore moving to d sante in 2011.
He knws d truth,d time has come for hm to open up.
Re: Northerners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks - Senator Enang by RealMccoy2(m): 9:50pm On Mar 07, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Eeyah, skewed opinion indeed.
When are you guys taking back Kwara state from Fulanis? Imagine no gun shot heard in your region yet they gave up an entire state to an ethnic group that is miles away from you guys. An emir installed in Kwara state was the greatest insult placed on a tribe. Try that in an Igbo state or anywhere near Niger Delta.
Re: Northerners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks - Senator Enang by olabukola: 9:57pm On Mar 07, 2013
still yet

Re: Northerners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks - Senator Enang by djon78(m): 10:03pm On Mar 07, 2013
Haha I laugh in Swahili, this oil soon will not be as lucrative as before: diversion to alternative source of energy, US reduction in purchase of Nigerias oil by 50percent and many more factors in place. Soonest the golden goose that lays the golden egg will be no more then all those that have been sowing bad seed will reap the reward of the evil done. With all the 80percent of so called oil northerners control they are so terribly impoverished, backward educationally and now ravaged by terrorism, this example shows that no evil we go unpunished.

As for Nigeria as a nation, one law about life is that if you do good you will get good and if you do bad you will get bad, countries like singapore, malaysia, UAE, Qatar, Brazil, China all sowed good seeds in past decades and today they are organised, prosperous, advanced and are at par with developed. Countries in every sphere but Nigeria that has been doing bad embezling and wasting resources and has not changed will never be well, because it has chosen evil instead of good the only thing is that the country will be revolving around circle without any progress. If you think its a lie since 1999 inception of demoicracy Nigeria has made close to $ 1 trillion from oil sales, but with all these money it has not bettered Nigeria rather the country has become worse. Until this nation is restructured and put on the path of justice and doing thing rightly I say it Nigeria will continue to move around circle while other nations progress and if the right thing is not done terror worse than bokoiharam will be seen because boko haram has set a precedence and will Nigeria survive then?
Re: Northerners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks - Senator Enang by tomakint: 10:11pm On Mar 07, 2013
Its a pity that despite this shocking revelation (that has been on right from the end of the Civil War) some southerners here are still clamouring for a northerner come back! Some people are just naturally backward in their reasoning faculties, what a pity undecided
Re: Northerners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks - Senator Enang by djon78(m): 10:14pm On Mar 07, 2013
The bane of black nations is lack of planing and doing the right thng, other black African countries are bad but they are better than Nigeria, Nigeria is worse than those other African countries because those countries at least are more organised than Nigeria. Every one want to be like developed countries in the west and east, they did not arrive their by mere wishful thinking, rather it was by proper planing and by doing the right thing. If nigeria keep on doing the wrong things only failure she will know no jupiter will stop that simple.
Re: Northerners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks - Senator Enang by stanjohn57: 10:15pm On Mar 07, 2013
Until the stupid exchanges between Igbos and Yorubas seizes, status quo will remain!!!

1 Like

Re: Northerners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks - Senator Enang by OdenigboAroli1: 10:21pm On Mar 07, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Does it matter who rules, oil well or no oil well the Igbos have positioned themselves to benefit from every situation. Let APC win and yoruba will still cry marginalization in as usual while the Igbo develop their zone.
Re: Northerners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks - Senator Enang by Demdem(m): 10:22pm On Mar 07, 2013
EzeUche:

Because it was illegal. Now what kind of question is that?

Can u point out any clause or sentence from any of our law books that makes it illegal?
Re: Northerners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks - Senator Enang by Nobody: 10:23pm On Mar 07, 2013
Real-Mccoy:

Just last week two of your brothers who are members of Boko Haram were caught conspiring to bomb and assasinate some elites in northern Nigeria, just to sabotage GEJ administration. Few weeks ago, a northern media attack dog who happens to be from SW accused igbos of dominating the military instead of praising the army chief for setting a standard (merit), when super eagles qualified for semi final during the just concluded African cup, your brothers accused Nigerian squad to be igbos only. We know the game your people are trying to play but I just want to inform you that we are light years ahead. If Nigeria erupts don't assume your region will be left off the hook. Obasanjo is a man i respect and i wish SW has more of his kind.

Did I hear you say sabotage? GEJ administration is doomed already. Anyone killed in Northern Nigeria today is a fair game. That's not a rocket science. So, you don't have to plan assassination of the so called elite to sabotage an administration that is as dead as dodo.

Empty chest beating at his best. You are light years ahead yet you have been plotting to take over the presidency for donkey years with nothing to show for it. Take the Nations' cup to INEC to get a certificate of return or perhaps show how it improves your lot within Nigeria. Igbo dominated football team might be familiar to Nigerians, how does it sound to South Africans, Kenyans, Egyptians? Outside the shores of Nigeria, you are what the green passport calls you.

Bravo for dominating the army! Laughable, just don't come with self victimization theory when his term is over and another general decides to raise the 'merit' standard. You don't talk of domination in democracy where a change of government can result in policy somersaults. You talk of interests and how that ll be protected. If you want Obasanjo, we can give you free of charge. He is not useful to us.
Re: Northerners Own 80% Of Oil Blocks - Senator Enang by OdenigboAroli1: 10:25pm On Mar 07, 2013
stanjohn57: Until the stupid exchanges between Igbos and Yorubas seizes, status quo will remain!!!

Let it remain, let the Hausa Fulani rule till the end of the world in oil and everything. I prefer Housa than yoruba, hausa will kill you with one straight cut and you die fast, yoruba will kill you slowly, quiety and when you least expect it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Osun Governorship Election May End In Run-off / Soldiers Lobby Against North-east Postings As Boko Haram Attacks Escalate / Why Has FG Not Arrested Sheikh Gumi? - Senator Musa Queries DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.