Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,793 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:02 PM

How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected (107785 Views)

How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey / How To Grow Our Hair Longer And Healthier / How Do I Make My Hair Longer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Ifeholuwarh(f): 4:57pm On Mar 18, 2013
zeezzy: a

An average hair grows half an inch per month. That explains why your hair is 2inches now. With proper maintanace , ur hair should be atleast 6 inches long by the end of the year.

I dnt usually give ideas on what hair product to use. U have to do some little experimenting on your own. Remember to stay away from those ingredients mentioned above. I am a big fan of organics products, though. They work wonders in my hair.

Braiding, twisting, bantu knots and corn rows are good hairstyles. Do not make it too tight.

1 Like

Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Ifeholuwarh(f): 5:05pm On Mar 18, 2013
Destinygrl :

awesome thread poster, i hv long natural hair bt my prblm is whnever i wash it i always c alot of tiny broken hairs all ovr d place tried deep conditioning, daily moisturisn etc bt notng seems 2 wrk pls hw cn i rectify ds prblm
When you do your daily washing, do you use shampoo?

Shampoo is not advisable for daily hair wash, instead u should use it once a week.

Ensure that your hair care products contain none of the ingredients mentioned above. They strip the hair of essential moisture, making it prone to breakage.

Also, deep conditionals containing olive oil, almond oil work best.
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Ifeholuwarh(f): 5:18pm On Mar 18, 2013
queenesthr: I have a comprehensive range of hair treatment and Hair loss control products clinically proven to stop hair loss and hair thinning and ensure rapid hair growth for both men and women. I also have minoxidil drops.

Our shampoo is Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS) free!!!

Contact me on 08034708929 or chynweod@yahoo.com if interested
Nice and helpful.
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by wiliumamith: 11:12am On Mar 19, 2013
Ifeholuwarh: This thread is for girls who are fed up of having short hair and want to grow it long.

All you have to do is to ask me any question bothering you as you achieve the length you aspire or you can share your hair growth problems or remedies.

I would like to know at what age we start loosing our hair .

converse australia
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 19, 2013
Ifeholuwarh:
An average hair grows half an inch per month. That explains why your hair is 2inches now. With proper maintanace , ur hair should be atleast 6 inches long by the end of the year.

I dnt usually give ideas on what hair product to use. U have to do some little experimenting on your own. Remember to stay away from those ingredients mentioned above. I am a big fan of organics products, though. They work wonders in my hair.

Braiding, twisting, bantu knots and corn rows are good hairstyles. Do not make it too tight.
Ife tnks.really appreciate
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by kelzceana(f): 4:58pm On Mar 19, 2013
am so lazy in trying to follow with the previous comment but i know ma hair nids a great deal of help......it used 2 b very strong b4 then i startd relaxing it aftr evry mnth cuz it was due and nw it is as weak as a broom stick. and besds the front hair dsnt grow at all evn d back its trying in the middle nt that it is evn grwn......am tried nd i use dark nd lovely relaxer so it there any way i can relieve it without strtn alll over by cutting the hair.
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Oby1(f): 2:17pm On Mar 20, 2013
How do I manage gray hair, that is making it dark.
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by mysticgal(f): 10:46am On Mar 23, 2013
my hair is so weak and i want to grow natural,and i plaited my hair with attachments,and wen losing it,all my front hair went with it.
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Ifeholuwarh(f): 11:48am On Mar 23, 2013
wiliumamith:

I would like to know at what age we start loosing our hair .

converse australia
According to Elizabeth Cunnane Philips, a trichologist who has been studying hair and scalp health for over 22years-

"we are genetically pre-programmed to grow our hair to a certain length. There are three recognised phases to the typical growth cycle: Anagen-growth phase, Catagen- short resting phase, and Telogen-shedding phase that can result in the hair releasing over a period of time.
The anagen phase can range anywhere from two to six years, this is what will determine the maximal length we can achieve.

Stressful periods can cause an increase in the amount of hair we lose. It is not uncommom that three months or so following a very difficult time we can see an increase in hair loss when hair is washed or styled.

As we live and breathe we are growing hair, but older age can bring with it variables that are not optimal for hair growth. Thus it seems that it grows more slowly. There are so many variables that have the ability to reflect in our ability to grow hair that we really treat it on a case by case basis. Variables that have the ability to influence its presentation and growth can be present at any age."

In conclusion, maximum hair length is determined by one's anagen phase -period of growth- which can range anywhere from two to six years.
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Ifeholuwarh(f): 11:49am On Mar 23, 2013
zeezzy: Ife tnks.really appreciate
You are absolutely welcome.
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Ifeholuwarh(f): 12:14pm On Mar 23, 2013
kelzceana: am so lazy in trying to follow with the previous comment but i know ma hair nids a great deal of help......it used 2 b very strong b4 then i startd relaxing it aftr evry mnth cuz it was due and nw it is as weak as a broom stick. and besds the front hair dsnt grow at all evn d back its trying in the middle nt that it is evn grwn......am tried nd i use dark nd lovely relaxer so it there any way i can relieve it without strtn alll over by cutting the hair.
The first step is to recognise the cause of your hair problem. You should relax ur hair atleast after 3 mths nt every month. Relaxing often cause chemicals to overlap, breaking down the layers of ur hair creating weak spots.

* Use moisturising shampoos and conditioners. Use a good protein treatment- regular reinforcement protein helps your hair stand up to chemicals and harsh products.

* Deep condition with heat. Adding heat to ur deep treatments produces three times the result. Steam helps oil and conditioner to penetrate into the hair shaft rather than coating it.

* Use leave-in conditioner. They work to seal in moisture, make styling easier and smooth the cuticle for healthy sheen.

* Seal your ends with moisture. Coat your ends with african shea butter and cover it with plastic cap for 30mins. Your ends get a mini treatment that leaves them soft and super hydrated.

CAUTION
Dont let your stylist leave chemicals in your hair longer than they have to. Straightening your hair more than 80% is bad for its strength.

TIPS.
HOMEMADE HAIR MAYONNAISE

Rich in egg protein and oils, this treatment is great for dry, damaged chemically treated hair.
Ingredients:
1 egg
1 cup olive oil
a few drops of essential oil.
Mix the ingredients together in a blender until its nice and thick. Apply the entire mixture to your hair and cover with a plastic cap. After 30 minutes, wash with a gentle shampoo and rinse your hair completely. Condition and moisturise your hair as usual.
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Ifeholuwarh(f): 11:11am On Mar 25, 2013
Oby1: How do I manage gray hair, that is making it dark.

Things You'll Need:
*. Deep Conditioner
*. Shampoo especially designed for graying hair
*. Hair color especially designed for gray hair (if desired)
*. Hair oils, gels, or pomades especially designed for Black hair
*. Hot oil treatment kit
*. Hair combs and brushes especially designed for Black hair
*. Spray bottle for misting the hair
*. Satin scarf or pillowcase for protecting hair during sleep

Instructions:

*Decide whether you choose to wear your hair in a natural or relaxed style. Decide whether you will let your hair “go gray” or color it to conceal your gray. Select your hair care products based on your decision for hairstyle and color preference.

*Wash your hair no more than once a week, gently massaging your scalp. Carefully blot out excess water with a towel. Apply a leave-in deep conditioner.

*Have your hair professionally cut at least every six weeks. If desired,color your hair with a hair color preparation made especially to cover gray. Use a hair moisturizing lotion, or shea butter-type oil daily.

Tips & Warnings
* African hair tends to be more fragile than other types; therefore, take special care when combing and brushing your hair.
* Using a special shampoo designed for graying hair will help alleviate a yellow tinge in your hair.
* De-tangle your hair from the ends and work your way down to the root.
* Good nutritional habits will help to keep your gray hair healthy.
* Gently mist your hair and scalp with a spray bottle in between shampooing especially if you sweat a lot or particular in sports and exercise.
* Tie or cover your hair with a satin scarf or cap every night to protect it from excessive breakage.
* If you decide to both chemically relax your hair and color it, relax it first.
* Take care in the selection ofa hair color when covering your gray hair; try not change your natural color no more than two shades lighter or darker.
*Take particular cautions in keeping your gray hair moisturized with products specifically for Black hair types.
*. Gray hair in African tends to dry out and break off more easily; choose your hairstyle accordingly.
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Ifeholuwarh(f): 11:37am On Mar 25, 2013
mysticgal: my hair is so weak and i want to grow natural,and i plaited my hair with attachments,and wen losing it,all my front hair went with it.

I dont really understand what exactly you want, but if u want to grow your natural hair, feel free. Last week friday, I cut my 16 inchs relaxed hair to a low cut becus I want to show my colleague that it is extremely possible to grow long natural hair. And I am liking every bit of it.

1 Like

Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by yuzedo: 11:47am On Mar 25, 2013
Ifehoe, bro, my bush (publick hares) is very long. sometims i plait it dada, other times, i plait it bob marlin, other times i does afro-punk, other times again i do jackin chan hairstyle with brazilian weave cornrows.

My queshun is can u advise any more styles to plate it? Even the one on my harmpits? advice urgent. thanks. angry
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by InvertedHammer: 11:49am On Mar 25, 2013

Simpe. STOP CUTTING IT.

Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by fittty(m): 11:53am On Mar 25, 2013
undecided
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 25, 2013
thread corrupted grin. Mods not wise. You don't put threads like this on the frontpage.
Okay, now you can hide my post undecided
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by sonety2k(m): 11:59am On Mar 25, 2013
cool
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by LEvuls(m): 12:01pm On Mar 25, 2013
are all dez ppl ladies asking....seeing some babies herecheesy
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Edoboy1(m): 12:08pm On Mar 25, 2013
Hmmmmm, girls corner. No comment at all. Your beauty is our concern. Carry on.
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Kairoseki77: 12:14pm On Mar 25, 2013
Umm how can I grow my pubic hair down to my ankles?

And I want it to smell like coconut oil. Can you help?
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by kemoolala: 12:16pm On Mar 25, 2013
@Ifeholuwarh! i like ur thread! pls can u recommend a particular relaxer for me? my front hair is my prob and i av learnt some of ur tips to grow it but now i need a kind of relaxer to stick to as i dont av a particular one before.
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by joek(m): 12:18pm On Mar 25, 2013
Pls my baby girl who is about clocking 3 yrs has very short hair thereby making it impossible for her to plait it. What can I do?
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Okijajuju1(m): 12:20pm On Mar 25, 2013
OP!!

Can you cure bald head?!
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Damseluc(f): 12:20pm On Mar 25, 2013
Then seal your hair with oil-based moisturizer like jojoba oil, coconut oil, olive oil and pomegranate seed

where can I get these and is the olive oil same as serum used on Brazilian weavon or that use for praying.
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by mobf: 12:24pm On Mar 25, 2013
sauer: thread corrupted grin. Mods not wise. You don't put threads like this on the frontpage.
Okay, now you can hide my post undecided
No problem @ all with it being on the front page.
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Nobody: 12:26pm On Mar 25, 2013
Poster, how do I get the products you mentioned?
Do you do door-door delivery?
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 25, 2013
kemoolala: @Ifeholuwarh! i like ur thread! pls can u recommend a particular relaxer for me? my front hair is my prob and i av learnt some of ur tips to grow it but now i need a kind of relaxer to stick to as i dont av a particular one before.
The answer to your prayer is Gentle Touch.
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Lero15(m): 12:51pm On Mar 25, 2013
rose isaac: pls may is very short,i want it to grow longer.am new here on naira land looking for girl frnds as wel.email rose_isaac@yahoo.com.bye ya
wot abt male friends
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Jannyreen: 12:54pm On Mar 25, 2013
Wow! I have really learnt alot, grin, fanx so much @ guru, u r bless
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by funmydodo: 12:57pm On Mar 25, 2013
My hair is all long, dark, shinyand vr full, well ,at least datz wat pple tell me at d salon, bt itz really weak, and d 'foot' of d hair(if there's smthng like dat is so short compared to d middle part. I've tried d trimming bt I don't think it works for me. My hair wud av been near-perfect bt d length is totally unequal. Help!!!!
Re: How To Grow Your Hair Longer Than Expected by Nimi22(f): 1:17pm On Mar 25, 2013
Please op my hair is short, brown scanty and weak. Every time i comb it nearly half of it comes out. I use organic olive oil range but they are not helping things. I'm so frustrated that i cant even braid any type of hair. The only thing i do is fix weavons. Please help me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Girls Blasted For Exposing Cleavage In Hijab [PICS] / Lady Wears A Bum Short To Young-Shall-Grow Park Onitsha (pic) / A Lady's Outfit To A Church In Delta State Shocks A Man. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.