Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,529 members, 7,812,645 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

Ezekwesili Replies Sanusi On $45bn Reserves - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ezekwesili Replies Sanusi On $45bn Reserves (12817 Views)

Shahida Sanusi On Day3 Of Her Wedding Ceremony (Photos) / Oby Ezekwesili Replies CNBC's Tweet That Aruma Oteh Is The 1st African VP Of WB / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Sanusi On AIT Matters Arising (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ezekwesili Replies Sanusi On $45bn Reserves by obi2012: 5:11am On Mar 09, 2013
he is not richer than US foreign reserve o.. US foreign reserve is $149 billion, Carlos Slim is worth half of that

Source:
http://www.gfmag.com/tools/global-database/economic-data/11859-international-reserves-by-country.html#axzz2N0p9yv5a

all4naija: He has ever been richer than Nigeria foreign reserve. He is even richer than US foreign reserve and so does Nigeria. I don't know what you are trying to prove with that statement.
Re: Ezekwesili Replies Sanusi On $45bn Reserves by ylaa(f): 5:38am On Mar 09, 2013
WHEN TWO ELEPHANTS FIGHTS, ITS THE GRASS THAT SUFFERS, ABEG AUNT AND UNCLE, BURY THE HATCHET AND ALLOW SLEEPING DOGS TO LIE. THANK YOU.
Re: Ezekwesili Replies Sanusi On $45bn Reserves by princemaicheal: 6:32am On Mar 09, 2013
jt2010:

You want manufacture your own fact abi... She said $45b Foreign Reserve and $22b ECA total $67B.

“He knows that they are distorting the point of my article by using their ‘straw number’ of $67b which I did not use in my speech. My speech stated $45b Foreign Reserve and $22b ECA and he more than anyone knows that Excess Crude Account is a sub-set of Foreign Reserve!”
What is sub-set?
Re: Ezekwesili Replies Sanusi On $45bn Reserves by stjoe1(m): 8:54am On Mar 09, 2013
hercules07:

The total still stands at 67 billion sha, anyway, we need to look at why our "reserves" are this low during this boom period.

Mathematically its not true, if ECA is a subset of the foreign reserve then the total is still $45bn since the FR is the super set of ECA. That is to say $22bn out of the $45bn is for ECA.
Re: Ezekwesili Replies Sanusi On $45bn Reserves by stjoe1(m): 8:58am On Mar 09, 2013
princemaicheal:
What is sub-set?
It is when something(like a set) is INSIDE ANOTHER (SET).
Re: Ezekwesili Replies Sanusi On $45bn Reserves by ewet: 9:49am On Mar 09, 2013
Gennyz: Jonathan is not helping our economy,pls let vote him out come 2015.Imagine him buyin more private jets making us have 11 private jets while England doesnt even have one,our 2013 has a budget 1.4 billion for chopper.People had to protest for them to start earnin 18,000 minimum wage,feeding for Jonathan na 1.4billion wetin dis man dey eat,na "Manna frm Heaven"[b][/b]
SPOT ON MAN wink. GEJ is a failed man and he has dissapointed all. Though i saw this coming from the very beginning that this guy was just the same as those before him and belongs to the ultra conservative nigerian school that belives the status quo of a corruption haven and govt for self aggrandisement should remain in nigeria. but i still feel sorry that i was right
Re: Ezekwesili Replies Sanusi On $45bn Reserves by ewet: 9:53am On Mar 09, 2013
I dnt know who is correct or wrong but i thnk the lady for being bold enuf. at least which ever side u blong we are goin to have well informed banters and not rubbish propagandda from okupe and his likes. lipsrsealed
Re: Ezekwesili Replies Sanusi On $45bn Reserves by ewet: 10:00am On Mar 09, 2013
sol2galay:

Ngozi get sense na,she doesn't want to disgrace herself
Ngozi shuld com out cartegorically to state the facts because she superintended the economy then and is still there nw i think she shuld be bold enuf to state the facts of the matter. She is being hypocritical with her silence.
Re: Ezekwesili Replies Sanusi On $45bn Reserves by ewet: 10:02am On Mar 09, 2013
Why una dey disturb una sef. Ngozi dey there na. go ask am sey who dey talk true. she was there wth obj and still is with GEJ. she is the bridge btw the past and the present. She is being hypocritical with her silence.
Re: Ezekwesili Replies Sanusi On $45bn Reserves by chrisdstar: 11:24am On Mar 09, 2013
Symphony007: I don't just know what this woman's problem is..she is just setting herself up for a monumental embarrasment of her currently respected image. She is going around saying all these things and non of her former cabinet ministers like ninadi usman who was the former finance minister or charles soludo are supporting her or producing facts. If this government takes her on squarely and she is left dangling with no support or proof, she's gonna be sorry!!

Am just disappointed at ur comment.this is a woman,trying 2 stick out her neck for you,so dat atleast d govt wud know dat we are aware of their activities.well am glad at last som1 have decided 2 speak for all.
Re: Ezekwesili Replies Sanusi On $45bn Reserves by Nuryn: 11:43am On Mar 09, 2013
As a matter of fact, Nigerian need more of this woman. thank u madam.
Re: Ezekwesili Replies Sanusi On $45bn Reserves by Nobody: 1:10pm On Mar 09, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Your stupidity does not make you realise that your GCSE set theory you keep banging on about does not really applying the case of the ECA undecided To buttress my point, when CBN release update of the latest Foreign Reserves, is ECA included in the amount they often quote? Is the ECA and Foreign Reserve not stated differently? I really wonder the kind of human being some of you are! God gave us all brains but some of you barely use yours to think rightly if at all

U re just one recalcitrant dunce, aint u?? So inspite of all dis tins I said u still don't understand. Ur foreign reserve my dear fool is $45b. Out of which $22b is d ECA. Anyway, am not here to educate u, I blame ur secondary skool teachers for not teaching u economics . When u argue wit goats, pple can hardly tell which is which. U re just a pestilential ignoramus, am sure evrytin u ever knew in economics, u saw in nairaland. Instead of u sitting there nd insulting pple dat know better than u, I suggest u drop dat fone or laptop nd look for any economist around to explain to u, but then u won't still understand. U would still insult d person even if he is ur father. I know ur problem," knowledge is stupidity to pple who don't have any".its pple lyk u dat mention coke nd fanta when asked about mineral resources. Nd u have a higher degree God help dis country.
Re: Ezekwesili Replies Sanusi On $45bn Reserves by Nobody: 1:35pm On Mar 09, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Sorry, you need to go back and understand what ECA really is and how it was created by Obasanjo then you would stop this your nonsense rants. Just use your head simply... If your claims are to be true, then deducting the $22bn from $45bn will mean the nation had foreign reserves of $23bn. Now go back to CBN website, or just google it and find out if prior to Obasanjo's handover Nigeria's foreign reserves was ever that low as $23bn. So where lies you nonsensical rants?

At least u were not too personal, "nonsensical" is not an insult, it is only a term pple use when they re confused. Maths for instance is nonsensical when u don't understand it. So I'd just explain to u. " The foreign reserve is a composite or aggregate of all foreign exchange earnings of the government of which the ECA is part of" during the tenure of chief obasanjo, d foreign reserve grew from $2b to $43b, of which d ECA formed about one -third. Anyway the foreign reserve was estimated to be about $45b before he left office. I wonder where d 67b is coming from, wait sef, how much do u even tink our foreign reserve is worth Who dash monkey banana. Anyway read the article below if u re still in doubt.

"Investopedia explains 'Excess Crude Account'
Surging crude oil prices led to the Excess Crude
Account increasing almost four-fold, from $5.1 billion
in 2005 to over $20 billion by November 2008,
accounting for more than one-third of Nigeria's
external reserves at that time. By June 2010, the
account had fallen to less than $4 billion due to
budget deficits at all levels of government in Nigeria
and the steep drop in oil prices. In 2010, Nigeria's
National Economic Council approved a plan to
replace the Excess Crude Account with a national
sovereign wealth fund."
Re: Ezekwesili Replies Sanusi On $45bn Reserves by porka: 9:45pm On Mar 09, 2013
Napoleondegreat:

Ninconpump! Foreign reserve is not the same thing as forex reserve

Haba! Foreign Exchange is called Forex oga!

Is this what Obi said also?
Re: Ezekwesili Replies Sanusi On $45bn Reserves by porka: 10:06pm On Mar 09, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Does it matter when the governors began their clamour? Or do you think we are all blind folded by the accord struck between GEJ and His gang of looters in PDP? Dude, unless you are a criminal, stop trying to defend those who have blood on their hands ..

If your rant is not silly, why hasn't the FG released the breakdown of how the account was drawn down and what each state governor got? Wouldn't that be the sensible thing to do so that everyone will see those who are stained by this monumental looting

FAAC figures are being published every month on the Ministry of Finance's website http://fmf.gov.ng/

You can download the PDF and see the depletion being talked about there, e.g. http://www.fmf.gov.ng/images/FAAC/faacrepJan2009.pdf

And don't forget that the so-called progressives never believed in saving any money for the rainy day. they would rather we spend everything we earn now, this is what the leader of ACN said only recently http://www.tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/component/k2/item/6876-fg-practising-voodoo-economic-policy-tinubu
Re: Ezekwesili Replies Sanusi On $45bn Reserves by Nobody: 4:36am On Mar 10, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Your stupidity does not make you realise that your GCSE set theory you keep banging on about does not really applying the case of the ECA undecided To buttress my point, when CBN release update of the latest Foreign Reserves, is ECA included in the amount they often quote? Is the ECA and Foreign Reserve not stated differently? I really wonder the kind of human being some of you are! God gave us all brains but some of you barely use yours to think rightly if at all

Follow d link below, my brainless friend.
http://nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/yushau-shuaib/riddles-over-foreign-reserve-and-excess-crude-account.html
Re: Ezekwesili Replies Sanusi On $45bn Reserves by Nobody: 4:40am On Mar 10, 2013
obi2012: he is not richer than US foreign reserve o.. US foreign reserve is $149 billion, Carlos Slim is worth half of that

Source:
http://www.gfmag.com/tools/global-database/economic-data/11859-international-reserves-by-country.html#axzz2N0p9yv5a

Yes! You are right! I missed UAE for US. Thank you for that point of correction.
Re: Ezekwesili Replies Sanusi On $45bn Reserves by loswhite(m): 9:21am On Mar 10, 2013
mikeapollo:

Dont mind this attention-seeking woman. She was the head of the so-called 'Due Process Office' under Obasanjo when over $16Billion was spent on power projects with nothing to show for it. Some of the money was even paid to fictitious and non-existing companies.

She belongs to the Obasanjo camp....together with Fani-Kayode, Soludo, El-Rufai and Ribadu etc. They are making noise to seek attention because they are no longer favoured by the government.

During the power-probe, she rushed down from US to come and defend Obasanjo.

A few weeks ago, she was at a PDP event to celebrate Obasanjo, and she was eulogising Obasanjo to high heavens, despite all the corruption in his govt.

I am not a fan of GEJ or PDP, but I dont like hypocrites. When they were in govt, they were telling us that all was well....but all of a sudden, they have turned into 'emergency activists' because they are out of favour. HYPOCRITES!

Any good follower of International Economics knows that Nigeria was able to save much because the price of Oil went to as high as $140/barrel during the economic boom of 2003-2007. It is common sense that the external reserves would be negatively affected when the price of oil fell to below $40/barrel for about 2 years.

Ezekwesili will be embarrased if Okonjo-Iweala comes out to debunk her claims.....afterall, Okonjo was the Finance Minister and the person who allegedly helped her to get the WB job, and invariably her senior too

The FG should ignore her. She cant even face Sanusi
which year did d price of oil fell below 40 usd per barrel 4 two years dats a big lie
Re: Ezekwesili Replies Sanusi On $45bn Reserves by mikeapollo: 9:59am On Mar 11, 2013
badesco:

It seems you are a GEJ apologist, so am not surprise about your assertion here. this woman has been in the Government before so she knows what she is talking about and if FG does not have any skeleton in its cupboard why dont FG accept her invitation to a public debate.

Who says I am a GEJ apologist? Cant you read and and think deeply? To hell with GEJ, OBJ and his team members, including Oby Ezekwesili.
I only refused to be deceived by hypocrites! GEJ's govt is as corrupt as OBJ's govt which Oby, Ribadu, El Rufai, Soludo, Fani-Kayode etc served.
I cannot allow myself to be deceived into believing these people....they were the ones working and justifying all the corruption under OBJ's govt.!

I am educated enough to know when someone raises a genuine alarm.....not someone cashing in on the general sentiments in the country to try and launder their image and that of their equally corrupt godfather(OBJ).

Have you asked your sister(Oby) how billions of dollars was spent on power without nothing to show? How come money was paid to fake companies?
Re: Ezekwesili Replies Sanusi On $45bn Reserves by jt2010: 2:34pm On Mar 11, 2013
princemaicheal:
What is sub-set?

Did you in any way have problem comprehending English language!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Spends 225 Days On Medical Trips, Visits 40 Countries - Punch Newspaper / FG Files Fresh Charges Against Co-defendants Of Nnamdi Kanu / My Purported Suspension As Council Chairman Is Null And Void - Alao-akala's Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.