Stats: 3,158,805 members, 7,837,901 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! (6874 Views)

Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. / Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here / The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 8:16pm On Mar 12, 2013
apocalypse:

Science isn't THE verifying tool of atheism , it is A verifying tool of atheism. I would think it is more of logic ( note that science has to be logical but logic isn't always scientific ).

To answer your question , homosexuality can't be justified scientifically as it is a deviation from the norm. That being said , whether it is right or wrong is left to each individual's view.

Now I throw the question back at you but before you answer do you speak for all religious adherents or just just your own religious sect ( I'm guessing you are Christian ) or do you speak only for yourself ?
Nice pick. Logic. Yeah! You've decided to accept logic as YOUR verifying tool for atheism. A bold statement when compared to homosexuality.
Any attempt to make the state of homosexuality subjective deviates acquiring the true fact. The true fact cannot be two-faced or individual based.
Logic in its entirety doesn't contradict itself. The mechanism with which things are to operate is equally a measuring scale for logic. Any deviation becomes preposterous.
The male human has testosterone and the female oestrogen as the sex hormones. These hormones, as a result of continual secretion by the pituitary gland aid in the development of male and female characters.
Assuming a human being, physically and psychologically healthy, rotates the cycle of these things and begins to develop a consuming love over his same sex. How do you justify such behaviour?
Science out, logic....
I'm a christain, by the way.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 9:14pm On Mar 12, 2013
Reyginus:
Nice pick. Logic. Yeah! You've decided to accept logic as YOUR verifying tool for atheism. A bold statement when compared to homosexuality.
Any attempt to make the state of homosexuality subjective deviates acquiring the true fact. The true fact cannot be two-faced or individual based.
Logic in its entirety doesn't contradict itself. The mechanism with which things are to operate is equally a measuring scale for logic. Any deviation becomes preposterous.
The male human has testosterone and the female oestrogen as the sex hormones. These hormones, as a result of continual secretion by the pituitary gland aids in the development of male and female characters.
Assuming a human being, physically and psychologically healthy, rotates the cycle of these things and begins to develop a consuming love over his same sex. How do you justify such behaviour?
Science out, logic....

What logical argument are you trying to make? That being gay is going against your hormones? Please, dont even try!
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 6:50am On Mar 13, 2013
Logicboy03:

What logical argument are you trying to make? That being gay is going against your hormones? Please, dont even try!
Are you now willing to indulge?
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 13, 2013
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 5:55pm On Mar 13, 2013
apocalypse:

So do you speak for the Christians ?
Lol. And the relevance of this question is?
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 8:46am On Mar 14, 2013
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 14, 2013
apocalypse: Oh it is very important as you'll see in the course of this discourse
Okay. Firstly, is there anything like the spokesperson of christainity?
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 2:30pm On Mar 14, 2013
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 14, 2013
Ahh! I just hope this is not an escape strategy. Below was my reply to you.
Reyginus:
The male human has testosterone and the female oestrogen as the sex hormones. These hormones, as a result of continual secretion by the pituitary gland aids in the development of male and female characters.
Science out, logic....
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 4:10pm On Mar 14, 2013
Nairaland atheists c'mon! Make me reason with you.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 14, 2013
Reyginus: Nairaland atheists c'mon! Make me reason with you.

Reason with a dubious fellow like you?

Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 14, 2013
Logicboy03:

Reason with a dubious fellow like you?

But you're yet to show what makes me dubious.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 11:31am On Mar 15, 2013
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 12:26pm On Mar 15, 2013
apocalypse:

A reply , yes , but not an answer. You response doesn't say what your views truly are and you have left various backdoors open to make good your escape incase you get licked - who is the escapist here.
Seriously? I think you should revisit my statement and if you find any of such, you are free to point it out.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 15, 2013
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 15, 2013
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 15, 2013
apocalypse: Just answer the fccking question - Can homosexuality be justified as a christian and is it morally right or wrong. I gave a direct answer and I expect as much from you , when you answer you can now put that reply up as an explanation , kapish.
Dude, you're forgetting something. This thread is strictly for understanding atheism, and not christainity or theism.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 1:58pm On Mar 15, 2013
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 15, 2013
apocalypse: If you'll not be giving me direct answers but rather use carefully constructed grammar which only hints in one direction then I do not wish to go on with this discourse.
I'm not here to answer questions but to get answers for these things that baffle me. The way this thread is fashioned makes it only possible to demand for more exposition from any of my comments. It does not allow me to provide answer to any question on theism. You can create another thread if you want me to deviate from what I primaily try to know. I will meet you there. But this thread is strickly for understanding atheism.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 2:01pm On Mar 15, 2013
apocalypse:

Ah! I am remiss , I totally forgot the purpose for this thread and wish graciously to bow out.
In other words, you can't stand without holding unto theism.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 15, 2013
Reyginus: In other words, you can't stand without holding unto theism.

I'm here finally.

What is it you ask? Homosexuality? Are you ok for a discussion on an atheist's perspective/reasoning?
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 2:39pm On Mar 15, 2013
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

I'm here finally.

What is it you ask? Homosexuality? Are you ok for a discussion on an atheist's perspective/reasoning?
Finally! I am. Not just an atheist perspective, it must also follow logic.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 2:57pm On Mar 15, 2013
apocalypse:

Nope , I can see through you and this thread isn't for enlightenment but to ridicule the atheist. Do have a nice day Mr. Reyginus
It doesn't work that way, sire. You should have tried, where you detect a change in intent, you make it known to me.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 15, 2013
Reyginus: Finally! I am. Not just an atheist perspective, it must also follow logic.

First of all, you must remove your signature- too many people are liking it angry AND IT MAKES NO SENSE!!! angry angry angry

Logical reasoning on homosexuality

1) Homosexual love is still love. We have seen homosexual couples being married for over 10 years no divorce.
2) Homosexuality is different from bestiality, necrophilia and pedophilia because of consenting adults (CONSENT)
3) Homosexuals divorce less than christians in America. I cited the evidence on another thread long ago
4) Countries that accept gay rights are actually all better than Nigeria eg Sweden, Denmark and currently, the UK
5) Countries that accept gay rights are also usually better on living statistics compared to religious countries that dont

Benefits of homosexuality/gay rights to the society
-More income and jobs from more weddings (money spent on gay weddings, dressing and planning)
-More income and jobs from gay magazines
-Diversity in the workplace in terms of sexuality

Disadvantages
-super gay carnivals angry
-more divorce (adding gay couples)
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 15, 2013
Reyginius run commot?

Was the argument too much?
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 6:19pm On Mar 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

First of all, you must remove your signature- too many people are liking it angry AND IT MAKES NO SENSE!!! angry angry angry

Logical reasoning on homosexuality

1) Homosexual love is still love. We have seen homosexual couples being married for over 10 years no divorce.
2) Homosexuality is different from bestiality, necrophilia and pedophilia because of consenting adults (CONSENT)
3) Homosexuals divorce less than christians in America. I cited the evidence on another thread long ago
4) Countries that accept gay rights are actually all better than Nigeria eg Sweden, Denmark and currently, the UK
5) Countries that accept gay rights are also usually better on living statistics compared to religious countries that dont

Benefits of homosexuality/gay rights to the society
-More income and jobs from more weddings (money spent on gay weddings, dressing and planning)
-More income and jobs from gay magazines
-Diversity in the workplace in terms of sexuality

Disadvantages
-super gay carnivals angry
-more divorce (adding gay couples)

You are the knight of atheist, remember that. The shining knight actually.
That so many people are liking it doesn't mean it is true. Bias also have a say. It shouldn't affect this discourse in any way. Good you figured it makes no sense. It shouldn't even bother you in the first place.
1. Once again, I have to make this clear. My problem is not if the love displayed by homosexuals are superficial. 20 years and counting, as their marriage may be, that's not my problem. My problem is, can we justify logically homosexuality, via scientific nor natural means?
2. Ofcourse, I'm aware.
3. I wouldn't want us to involve theism in this issue. We can thus overlook the evidence for the success or failures of same-sex partners and focus on the sensibility of the act itself.
4. We know the country is better than Nigeria. But don't make the error of hinging the progress of these countries on homosexuality. It is more of how a country chose to run its affairs than the status of the individuals that make up this country.
5. Repetition. I don't consider this to be the bane of this discussion.
Lb, you seem not to get exactly my argument. What I'm after here is the logical explanation for homosexuality. In the logical scale of things, how do you weigh homosexuality?
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 6:26pm On Mar 15, 2013
Logicboy03: Reyginius run commot?

Was the argument too much?
Lol. You are very funny dude. I'm not under any obligation to be here 24/7.
I had a paper to write by the way.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 9:35pm On Mar 15, 2013
Reyginus: You are the knight of atheist, remember that. The shining knight actually.
That so many people are liking it doesn't mean it is true. Bias also have a say. It shouldn't affect this discourse in any way. Good you figured it makes no sense. It shouldn't even bother you in the first place.
1. Once again, I have to make this clear. My problem is not if the love displayed by homosexuals are superficial. 20 years and counting, as their marriage may be, that's not my problem. My problem is, can we justify logically homosexuality, via scientific nor natural means?
2. Ofcourse, I'm aware.
3. I wouldn't want us to involve theism in this issue. We can thus overlook the evidence for the success or failures of same-sex partners and focus on the sensibility of the act itself.
4. We know the country is better than Nigeria. But don't make the error of hinging the progress of these countries on homosexuality. It is more of how a country chose to run its affairs than the status of the individuals that make up this country.
5. Repetition. I don't consider this to be the bane of this discussion.
Lb, you seem not to get exactly my argument. What I'm after here is the logical explanation for homosexuality. In the logical scale of things, how do you weigh homosexuality?

Guy, if you have nothing to say, just keep quiet. You have no logical argument for banning gay rights and so just sharrap.

Logical explanation for homosexuality? What is the logical explanation for heterosexuality? You havent even understood your own sexuality and you're obsessing over gays.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 10:02pm On Mar 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

Guy, if you have nothing to say, just keep quiet. You have no logical argument for banning gay rights and so just sharrap.

Logical explanation for homosexuality? What is the logical explanation for heterosexuality? You havent even understood your own sexuality and you're obsessing over gays.
Don't disappoint me, logicboy. Are we on gay rights now? I thought the issue was about the sensibility of the act itself.
We can focus on that.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 10:16pm On Mar 15, 2013
Reyginus: Don't disappoint me, logicboy. Are we on gay rights now? I thought the issue was about the sensibility of the act itself.
We can focus on that.

Sensibility of the act?

Explain yourself. I have explained why I dont bother about gay people and why I believe that they should do whatever they do in their privacy.

If you have no points against homosexuality, then shut up!
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 12:03am On Mar 16, 2013
Logicboy03:

Sensibility of the act?

Explain yourself. I have explained why I dont bother about gay people and why I believe that they should do whatever they do in their privacy.

If you have no points against homosexuality, then shut up!
Nna! calm down. Lb, just be truthful to yourself. Don't pretend you don't understand my question. Asking your opinion on the right to what they do will be stupid of me, because I know where you stand. What I'm after is the reason you see in this stand you've come to hold unto. Can homosexuality be explained logically?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Historical Origin Of The English Word "God". / “I Sacrificed A Baby And My Manhood For Money Making Rituals” / Giving Hands

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56