Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,587 members, 7,840,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! (6878 Views)

Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. / Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here / The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 12, 2013
ooman: ^^^There is nothing in nature you cannot explain on the basis of naturalism…
ofcourse you can, but it must be followed by a logical conclusion.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by ooman(m): 8:34am On Apr 12, 2013
Reyginus: ofcourse you can, but it must be followed by a logical conclusion.

exactly what naturalism is - it must be followed by a provable continuous observation since we differ in what we term logical
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 8:46am On Apr 12, 2013
ooman:

exactly what naturalism is - it must be followed by a provable continuous observation since we differ in what we term logical
Na wa o. Is logic subjective?
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by ooman(m): 8:57am On Apr 12, 2013
Reyginus: Na wa o. Is logic subjective?

you'd be surprised how people like yourself define logic. This is what I have seen on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 9:10am On Apr 12, 2013
ooman:

you'd be surprised how people like yourself define logic. This is what I have seen on nairaland.
Hmmm! Okay. Let's get to business. How do you justify homosexuality based on naturalism?
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by ooman(m): 9:15am On Apr 12, 2013
Reyginus: Hmmm! Okay. Let's get to business. How do you justify homosexuality based on naturalism?

because it is observable in nature. Its been documented in rats, star fish and other animals.

It doesn't occur in man alone, it also occurs in other animals. This is why it is pure and natural and not some mental impairment.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Kay17: 9:22am On Apr 12, 2013
Reyginus: Interesting..Would you mind explaining homosexuality on the basis of Naturalism?

Homosexuality is a moral issue. It can be seen as an evil and it can taken that repression of homosexuality is a repression of self expression which is an evil. Either way.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 9:24am On Apr 12, 2013
ooman:

because it is observable in nature. Its been documented in rats, star fish and other animals.

It doesn't occur in man alone, it also occurs in other animals. This is why it is pure and natural and not some mental impairment.
You mean, observation provides the justification for every occurence in nature. Interesting...Do you also mean that madness and every other forms of psychosis are impure and don't follow natural means?
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by ooman(m): 9:30am On Apr 12, 2013
Reyginus: You mean, observation provides the justification for every occurence in nature. Interesting...Do you also mean that madness and every other forms of psychosis are impure and don't follow natural means?

Impure? yes because it is against the norm and it is harmful.

Homosexuality is never harmful. There is the difference.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 9:32am On Apr 12, 2013
Kay 17:

Homosexuality is a moral issue. It can be seen as an evil and it can taken that repression of homosexuality is a repression of self expression which is an evil. Either way.
I don't think so. If we are to base the argument on self-expression without defining the terms properly, I can also on the same lane say that, murder is evil, so trying to repress it is.
I would prefer we establish a logical basis for whatever we think is moral/immoral here.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 9:33am On Apr 12, 2013
ooman:

Impure? yes because it is against the norm and it is harmful.

Homosexuality is never harmful. There is the difference.
Your first sentence contradicts your second. Maybe you have to do some clarification. Is homosexuality for or against the norm?
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by ooman(m): 10:23am On Apr 12, 2013
Reyginus: Your first sentence contradicts your second. Maybe you have to do some clarification. Is homosexuality for or against the norm?

Psychosis and madness is impure
Homosexuality is not.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Kay17: 12:29pm On Apr 12, 2013
Reyginus: I don't think so. If we are to base the argument on self-expression without defining the terms properly, I can also on the same lane say that, murder is evil, so trying to repress it is.
I would prefer we establish a logical basis for whatever we think is moral/immoral here.

Homosexuality is an intimate identity, unlike murder
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by plaetton: 1:02pm On Apr 12, 2013
Reyginus: And the difference between radio waves and your description of the soul is?

When I talk of soul, I am specifically refering to a phase of the electromagnetic energy that animates the body. We imagine it as contained with body. It is our cosmic shadow or cosmic tether. And the brain is the interface or conduit between it and the body.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 12, 2013
ooman:

Psychosis and madness is impure
Homosexuality is not.
Stop beating about the bush over a simple question. You are beginning to talk as though the word 'impure' is exclusive to an inhomeostatic health condition. Inorganic chemistry is not far off my friend. Let me rephrase my question. Between homosexuality or heterosexuality which is the norm?
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 12, 2013
Kay 17:

Homosexuality is an intimate identity, unlike murder
Lol. Kay!! If I get you clearly, all intimate matters are moral, and can be justified by naturalism.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by ooman(m): 5:49pm On Apr 12, 2013
Reyginus: Stop beating about the bush over a simple question. You are beginning to talk as though the word 'impure' is exclusive to an inhomeostatic health condition. Inorganic chemistry is not far off my friend. Let me rephrase my question. Between homosexuality or heterosexuality which is the norm?

you are the one beating around the bush. you raised an issue of psychosis and madness when we are discussing homosexuality. so why should I take you seriously?
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 5:53pm On Apr 12, 2013
plaetton:

When I talk of soul, I am specifically refering to a phase of the electromagnetic energy that animates the body. We imagine it as contained with body. It is our cosmic shadow or cosmic tether. And the brain is the interface or conduit between it and the body.
To put it politely, your explanation is inadequate. Even without drawing out the symptom which forms the divide between the two, you went further to compound the problem.
The appriopriate word for your explanation is 'impulse'. With you saying that the soul is not only a phase in the electromagnetic energy, but also, the element that makes alife, you're trying to lose me. I'm getting you now. I can agree with you that the soul animates. What I will not agree on is that it is actually, an electromagnetic energy. My reason is simply because electromagnetism cannot occur when the medium necessary to achieve animation is electrically dormant. When no charge exists. This I draw, from the fact that from the outset, we preview an inanimated human body. Their is a problem. The energy whose phase the soul occupies can only be electromagnetic only and if there is the existence of a charge in the region it tries to animate. In this case, the region carries no charge.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by ooman(m): 5:56pm On Apr 12, 2013
^^^olodo. who told you that cells do not carry charges?

google charges around cells, especially multicellular cells to learn more. I have no time to teach here.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 12, 2013
ooman:

you are the one beating around the bush. you raised an issue of psychosis and madness when we are discussing homosexuality. so why should I take you seriously?
Those were analogies we employed to help the argument. Now, please answer the question.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by ooman(m): 5:58pm On Apr 12, 2013
Reyginus: Those were analogies we employed to help the argument. Now, please answer the question.

both are. one is more common than the other. homosexuality increases with increasing overpopulation.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 12, 2013
ooman: ^^^olodo. who told you that cells do not carry charges?

google charges around cells, especially multicellular cells to learn more
Lol. You don't understand. The cells in question here are yet to be animated. How do explain that?
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 6:00pm On Apr 12, 2013
ooman:

both are. one is more common than the other. homosexuality increases with increasing overpopulation.
Lol. You are making me laugh. How can the two out of two opposing things be the norm?
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by ooman(m): 6:21pm On Apr 12, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. You don't understand. The cells in question here are yet to be animated. How do explain that?

do you know that inorganic chemicals carry more charges. Do you know of ionic bonding?
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by ooman(m): 6:24pm On Apr 12, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. You are making me laugh. How can the two out of two opposing things be the norm?

now you are being unreasonable. how are they occurring now? how did they survive history together? even the ancient bible mentions it. how could they survive if the are opposing.

one never opposes the other. the homosexuals find surrogate mum if they need children.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 12, 2013
ooman:

do you know that inorganic chemicals carry more charges. Do you know of ionic bonding?
You don't seem to want to understand. Let me cut it out for you. From his explanation, the soul animates. That's where it is all coming from. If actualy it animates by electromagnetic means, the assumption is that what it is animating must carry some active charges. In this case, it is not, why it is inanimate.
Yeah! I don't think ionic bonding is involved here.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by ooman(m): 7:13pm On Apr 12, 2013
This is what am saying. inanimate chemicals also carry charges in their ionic state.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 12, 2013
ooman:

now you are being unreasonable. how are they occurring now? how did they survive history together? even the ancient bible mentions it. how could they survive if the are opposing.

one never opposes the other. the homosexuals find surrogate mum if they need children.
They are opposite in the sense that one is proposing an idea the other is antagonising. I shouldn't even be explaining this. When you use the bible as reference you should also point out if it stands as norm. Where it doesn't appear so, your analogy is preposterous.
You are not helping this argument by being disingenous. What is the opposite of 'same-sex' intercouse?
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 7:15pm On Apr 12, 2013
ooman: This is what am saying. inanimate chemicals also carry charges in their ionic state.
What does it mean to be animate in the first place?
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by ooman(m): 7:26pm On Apr 12, 2013
Reyginus: What does it mean to be animate in the first place?

google that
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 7:32pm On Apr 12, 2013
ooman:

google that
Lol. When stuck in a trap you demand googling. Good for you.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by ooman(m): 7:33pm On Apr 12, 2013
Reyginus: They are opposite in the sense that one is proposing an idea the other is antagonising. I shouldn't even be explaining this. When you use the bible as reference you should also point out if it stands as norm. Where it doesn't appear so, your analogy is preposterous.
You are not helping this argument by being disingenous. What is the opposite of 'same-sex' intercouse?

you really want me to tell you the opposite of same sex?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Historical Origin Of The English Word "God". / What Experiences Strengthened Your Faith In God? / Do You Know The Bishop Of The Whole World?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.