Stats: 3,158,839 members, 7,838,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! (6875 Views)

Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. / Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here / The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 7:55pm On Apr 14, 2013
musKeeto:
Making provocative generalisations won't help you either.
Lol. So the word 'most' is now synonymous to a generalization? Smh
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:47pm On Apr 14, 2013
Reyginus: This is what I'm talking about. I will answer you. But first you have to agree to some terms.
1. No unnecessary diversion will be permitted in this thread.
2. No insults
3. For every of your question I answer, you have to provide me answers for anyone I ask.
4. But first your must give your opinion on abortion.
Just answer yes to all and give your opinion on abortion first. Next, I answer your question without attacking your explanation in the first place. Later on, I build from it.
Nwokem, you were given answers you just refused to back down. For someone who claims sole rights to intelligence I find it funny that you cannot reduce these simple arguments. For abortion it all boils down to at what point can we say this is a "human being" I say its after it is born, it's the only time when everybody can agree that this is a human being, up until then it is part of the mothers body and her wishes take precedence.
If you think all life's sacred and life starts as soon as one sperm does a Luis Hamilton into an egg then whose life should be saved in the case of an ectopic pregnancy?
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 14, 2013
Chrisbenogor:
Nwokem, you were given answers you just refused to back down. For someone who claims sole rights to intelligence I find it funny that you cannot reduce these simple arguments. For abortion it all boils down to at what point can we say this is a "human being" I say its after it is born, it's the only time when everybody can agree that this is a human being, up until then it is part of the mothers body and her wishes take precedence.
If you think all life's sacred and life starts as soon as one sperm does a Luis Hamilton into an egg then whose life should be saved in the case of an ectopic pregnancy?
Nwannem, how do you understand. Are you refering to my post or some other?
This is very simple. Just a yes and we go ahead with the others.
Or are you purposely trying to annoy me?
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:37pm On Apr 14, 2013
Reyginus: Nwannem, how do you understand. Are you refering to my post or some other?
This is very simple. Just a yes and we go ahead with the others.
Or are you purposely trying to annoy me?
Are you going to answer me or not? My mortuary standard tombo is getting hot.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 14, 2013
Chrisbenogor:
Are you going to answer me or not? My mortuary standard tombo is getting hot.
For your own good go take some rest or stick around the sidelines. You even need help to understand.
For now, Plaetton and Kay are the only atheists who have done what I hoped for. I respect them for that. Thumbs up guys.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Chrisbenogor(m): 4:43am On Apr 15, 2013
Reyginus: For your own good go take some rest or stick around the sidelines. You even need help to understand.
For now, Plaetton and Kay are the only atheists who have done what I hoped for. I respect them for that. Thumbs up guys.
As usual you runaway, nonsense.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 15, 2013
Reyginus: For your own good go take some rest or stick around the sidelines. You even need help to understand.

Ah, divide and conquer nonsense abi?

Guy, you are a stubborn goat. upon all people ave lambasted you for the foolishness of your thread, you still carry on as if you are making sense.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 7:53am On Apr 15, 2013
Chrisbenogor:
As usual you runaway, nonsense.
Lololol. You have nothing. I accept. I will wait for 'men'.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 8:02am On Apr 15, 2013
Reyginus: Lololol. You have nothing. I accept. I will wait for 'men'.

What about "women"?

Or are you sexist like your apostle paul who claims tat a woman should never teach a man scriptures?
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

Ah, divide and conquer nonsense abi?

Guy, you are a stubborn goat. upon all people ave lambasted you for the foolishness of your thread, you still carry on as if you are making sense.
Logicboy, with what I'm seeing here, I'm beginning to buy into davidylan's idea that atheists are cowards. Why wouldn't I respect the few who stood up to explain the motive behind what they hold is true? Let me create more division by sharing this secret with you on what I think of Kay. I think he's the most intelligent atheist on Nairaland. Calm, never seen him trade insults, and always on point. As for plaetton, one thing I like about him is that he's not timid. Never afraid to own his point irrespective of what his brothers hold to be true.
The majority of the others think is all about ego and winning an argument that they forget that a being no matter how biased can be won with words. You don't know what words can do to a human being. You guys disappoint me.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 8:10am On Apr 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

What about "women"?

Or are you sexist like your apostle paul who claims tat a woman should never teach a man scriptures?
This is what I'm talking about. For god's sake, how does this relates to what we should be talking about?
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 15, 2013
Reyginus: Logicboy, with what I'm seeing here, I'm beginning to buy into davidylan's idea that atheists are cowards. Why wouldn't I respect the few who stood up to explain the motive behind what they hold is true? Let me create more division by sharing this secret with you on what I think of Kay. I think he's the most intelligent atheist on Nairaland. Calm, never seen him trade insults, and always on point. As for plaetton, one thing I like about him is that he's not timid. Never afraid to own his point irrespective of what his brothers hold to be true.
The majority of the others think is all about ego and winning an argument that they forget that a being no matter how biased can be won with words. You don't know what words can do to a human being. You guys disappoint me.

Tat is why we atheists are special. All of us aint bound to a particular rule book.

I find abuse to be real, raw and natural. We are nothing but emotions. So when I say that you are a seriously ignorant person, it comes from the heart.

Real people swear and curse when they are angry. They react. Dubious people and psychopaths keep calm when stressed because they have ulterior motives or are emotionless
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 15, 2013
Reyginus: Logicboy, with what I'm seeing here, I'm beginning to buy into davidylan's idea that atheists are cowards. Why wouldn't I respect the few who stood up to explain the motive behind what they hold is true? Let me create more division by sharing this secret with you on what I think of Kay. I think he's the most intelligent atheist on Nairaland. Calm, never seen him trade insults, and always on point. As for plaetton, one thing I like about him is that he's not timid. Never afraid to own his point irrespective of what his brothers hold to be true.

Furthermore, I have done this dance more than once wit you. You have nothing tat can interest me.

I asked you to logically defend your heterosexuality before bashing homosexuality but you ran away.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 8:34am On Apr 15, 2013
Reyginus: This is what I'm talking about. For god's sake, how does this relates to what we should be talking about?

It doesn relate. It was a point made specifically for your comment. smiley
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 15, 2013
Hahahaha...

You open a thread and expect all atheists to indulge you? Who do you think you are? The Pope?

Lol. Smh.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 8:39am On Apr 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

Tat is why we atheists are special. All of us aint bound to a particular rule book.

I find abuse to be real, raw and natural. We are nothing but emotions. So when I say that you are a seriously ignorant person, it comes from the heart.

Real people swear and curse when they are angry. They react. Dubious people and psychopaths keep calm when stressed because they have ulterior motives or are emotionless
That's Okay. But I still think a man should not be a demagogue.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 15, 2013
musKeeto: Hahahaha...

You open a thread and expect all atheists to indulge you? Who do you think you are? The Pope?

Lol. Smh.
Exactly not. To be sincere with you, my aim is only to get the few atheists who understand the path they they've choosen, explain these things to me. I just want to know more. I will quit religion if I can be convinced otherwise. I mean every word.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 8:49am On Apr 15, 2013
Reyginus: That's Okay. But I still think a man should not be a demagogue.

Kindly explain how I am a demagogue when I bash atheists like muskeeto for being too nice.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 15, 2013
Reyginus: Exactly not. To be sincere with you, my aim is only to get the few atheists who understand the path they they've choosen, explain these things to me. I just want to know more. I will quit religion if I can be convinced otherwise. I mean every word.

How can you know an atheist who understands his path?

Were you an atheist? Is there anything like a true atheist?

When I say that you're an ignorant person, you wil complain
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

Furthermore, I have done this dance more than once wit you. You have nothing tat can interest me.

I asked you to logically defend your heterosexuality before bashing homosexuality but you ran away.
Lol@run away. Let me make some other thing clear to you. If anyone is going to engage me, he should be ready to come all the way with me. You don't just barge into the middle of an argument you initially declined and ask any question. Another thing is, even after the question is answered, and a question thrown in return, you chicken out. Only to return with more questions. I don't discuss/argue like that.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 8:53am On Apr 15, 2013
Reyginus: Lol@run away. Let me make some other thing clear to you. If anyone is going to engage me, he should be ready to come all the way with me. You don't just barge into the middle of an argument you initially declined and ask any question. Another thing is, even after the question is answered, and a question thrown in return, you chicken out. Only to return with more questions. I don't discuss/argue like that.

oooh, we have a tough guy here wth some debating ethics! nice.

The answer is simple- any logical justification of heterosexuality will work for homosexuality. That wasn an answer tat you didnt see embedded in my request
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

Kindly explain how I am a demagogue when I bash atheists like muskeeto for being too nice.
Lol. That's even a reason why you're one. Do you see me call muskee a demagogue? No. Because he's not. You think your anger can fast-track a person's understanding of your position. Fa fa fa fowl!
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 15, 2013
Reyginus: Exactly not. To be sincere with you, my aim is only to get the few atheists who understand the path they they've choosen, explain these things to me. I just want to know more. I will quit religion if I can be convinced otherwise. I mean every word.

Really?

I don't think so. I suspect you're looking for scientific reasons t disbelieve God. You may end up disappointed.

Becoming an atheist wouldn't even give you 'inner peace', that feeling of being one with and understanding the world. Its simply expanding your disbelief in Allah and the other numerous gods, to the one you presently worship.

Science didnt cause me to become an agnostic/atheist -- personally, I'd rather do away with these terms -- commonsense and personal experiences did as I've shared sometime on this forum.

The good thing about atheism is it should naturally lend itself to a body of questions (science); its like starting afresh and rebuilding, ensuring that every block you put up passes a test (up to you). SCIENCE, imo, is not a god replacement, and never sets out to be. It searches for answers to questions it asks itself and if those answers debunk a few concepts in your religious texts, it's up to you to either accept them or move on.

That doesn't mean one begins to accept everything science claims. Remember it isnt God.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

How can you know an atheist who understands his path?

Were you an atheist? Is there anything like a true atheist?

When I say that you're an ignorant person, you wil complain
Lol. To begin with, did I even claim of knowing an atheist who understands his path or I left the responsibility on the atheist. Get your facts right.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

oooh, we have a tough guy here wth some debating ethics! nice.

The answer is simple- any logical justification of heterosexuality will work for homosexuality. That wasn an answer tat you didnt see embedded in my request
Are you willing to discuss it now?
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 15, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. That's even a reason why you're one. Do you see me call muskee a demagogue? No. Because he's not. You think your anger can fast-track a person's understanding of your position. Fa fa fa fowl!

Seems tat you don know the mesaning of demagogue. You need some education.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 9:02am On Apr 15, 2013
Reyginus: Are you willing to discuss it now?

Yes. It is about time i debunk you
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 15, 2013
musKeeto:

Really?

I don't think so. I suspect you're looking for scientific reasons t disbelieve God. You may end up disappointed.

Becoming an atheist wouldn't even give you 'inner peace', that feeling of being one with and understanding the world. Its simply expanding your disbelief in Allah and the other numerous gods, to the one you presently worship.

Science didnt cause me to become an agnostic/atheist -- personally, I'd rather do away with these terms -- commonsense and personal experiences did as I've shared sometime on this forum.

The good thing about atheism is it should naturally lend itself to a body of questions (science); its like starting afresh and rebuilding, ensuring that every block you put up passes a test (up to you). SCIENCE, imo, is not a god replacement, and never sets out to be. It searches for answers to questions it asks itself and if those answers debunk a few concepts in your religious texts, it's up to you to either accept them or move on.

That doesn't mean one begins to accept everything science claims. Remember it isnt God.

Science is not the only study involving the acquisition of knowledge, remember. Logic has being, right through the past millenium and still effecient. If I can be convinced by any of the means accessible, their will be no greater joy. I don't believe inner peace will be lacking where understanding is. Only the lack it, is where it emanates from.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 9:04am On Apr 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

Seems tat you don know the mesaning of demagogue. You need some education.
I'd be glad to have one.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 9:08am On Apr 15, 2013
Logicboy03:

Yes. It is about time i debunk you
Finally, what I've been asking. I wouldn't want this to end like the former, so we need some rules.
1. No tantrum.
2. Every one of us must establish his understanding of both before attacking.
3. To the point. Don't bring in unwarranted diversions.
4. No ad hominem.
All I need is a yes.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:15am On Apr 15, 2013
Reyginus: Lololol. You have nothing. I accept. I will wait for 'men'.
LOL,
I have been here long enough to know Charlatans like you have nothing to offer.

Chrisbenogor 9:33am On Mar 10 :

So what if a woman has an ectopic pregnancy that would kill her, do we leave her to die along with the foetus? Or terminate the pregnancy?

Reyginus 9:36am On Mar 10 :
What is an ectopic pregnancy?

ooman 9:39am On Mar 10 :

google that

Quit blowing bullshit up our asses and either fess up answer questions or shut it and leave the thread. Oh by the way since you do not have Google working

An ectopic pregnancy, or eccysis, is a complication of pregnancy in which the embryo implants outside the uterine cavity.[1] With rare exceptions, ectopic pregnancies are not viable. Furthermore, they are dangerous for the mother, since internal haemorrhage is a life-threatening complication. Most ectopic pregnancies occur in the Fallopian tube (so-called tubal pregnancies), but implantation can also occur in the cervix, ovaries, and abdomen. An ectopic pregnancy is a potential medical emergency, and, if not treated properly, [size=18pt]can lead to death.[/size]

Arrant Nonsense!
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 7:24am On Apr 16, 2013
Chrisbenogor:
LOL,
I have been here long enough to know Charlatans like you have nothing to offer.

Quit blowing bullshit up our asses and either fess up answer questions or shut it and leave the thread. Oh by the way since you do not have Google working

Arrant Nonsense!
How do you understand? You seem too eager to get solutions to what you think would be a difficult problem, yet you prefer not to do the honorable thing required of you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Giving Hands / Do You Know The Bishop Of The Whole World? / Are You Guilty Of Practising Mysticism?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75