Stats: 3,159,588 members, 7,840,407 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! (6879 Views)

Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. / Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here / The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 8:21am On Mar 16, 2013
Reyginus: Nna! calm down. Lb, just be truthful to yourself. Don't pretend you don't understand my question. Asking your opinion on the right to what they do will be stupid of me, because I know where you stand. What I'm after is the reason you see in this stand you've come to hold unto. Can homosexuality be explained logically?

You are a waste of time. ou dont even understand what you are asing
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 16, 2013
Logicboy03:

You are a waste of time. ou dont even understand what you are asing
How exactly do you mean?
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 16, 2013
Reyginus: How exactly do you mean?

sad
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 16, 2013
Logicboy03:

sad
Can homosexuality be explained logically?
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by ijawkid(m): 7:30pm On Mar 16, 2013
Reyginus: Can homosexuality be explained logically?

Leave this boy alone ehhhh....like I've said before...it is either Lb is bi-sexual or a homosexual.....the boy defends homosexuality like his life is dependent on it..........grin
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 10:10pm On Mar 16, 2013
ijawkid:

Leave this boy alone ehhhh....like I've said before...it is either Lb is bi-sexual or a homosexual.....the boy defends homosexuality like his life is dependent on it..........grin

lol.......keep bearing false witness.

I am married to three women one Nairaland........divorce is pending for Ishilove, she is cheating in the romance section
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Ishilove: 10:27pm On Mar 16, 2013
Logicboy03:

I am married to three women one Nairaland........divorce is pending for Ishilove, she is cheating in the romance section
I deny! shocked angry
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 10:29pm On Mar 16, 2013
Ishilove:
I deny! shocked angry

Deny wetin?

How did you even find me here if love didnt guide you?

But I have to let you go......I see you flirting in the romance section and I cant have that. This is what happens when girls get too poetic grin grin grin
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by ijawkid(m): 10:36pm On Mar 16, 2013
Logicboy03:

Hehehehehehehehe..........
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 1:36am On Mar 17, 2013
ijawkid:

Lolz. Let's wait to hear from him.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 1:42am On Mar 17, 2013
Logicboy03:

Let's not divert from the topic.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 12:08am On Apr 04, 2013
Atheists in the house c'mon! This is the third calling.
Reyginus:
2. Homosexuality. A bit of deviation from what I primarily seek to understand. If testosterone and oestrogen are responsible for the development of male and female characteristics respectively, and thus, the exhibition of affection for the opposite sex. What then is responsible for homosexuality?
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by ooman(m): 11:20am On Apr 04, 2013
^^^^something beyond your comprehension. Why can't you just ask your god since it made everything and everyone.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 3:10pm On Apr 04, 2013
ooman: ^^^^something beyond your comprehension. Why can't you just ask your god since it made everything and everyone.
I'm trying to understand why some atheists uphold homosexuality. Let's do it together.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by ooman(m): 3:25pm On Apr 04, 2013
Reyginus: I'm trying to understand why some atheists uphold homosexuality. Let's do it together.

am trying to understand why your god created them and then again said they must be killed. isn't that a waste of time for it.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 4:34pm On Apr 04, 2013
ooman:

am trying to understand why your god created them and then again said they must be killed. isn't that a waste of time for it.
Hmm. You are playing hide and seek. Stop it. Let's discuss the issue at hand.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by ooman(m): 4:43pm On Apr 04, 2013
Reyginus: Hmm. You are playing hide and seek. Stop it. Let's discuss the issue at hand.

homosexuality is harmless. simple.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 05, 2013
ooman:

homosexuality is harmless. simple.
Lol. Mind explaining?
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by ooman(m): 6:38pm On Apr 05, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. Mind explaining?

explaining what? that homosexuality is harmless? if you think otherwise, then you should explain.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 05, 2013
ooman:

explaining what? that homosexuality is harmless? if you think otherwise, then you should explain.
Lol. Why are my having the feeling that you are scared of something?
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by ooman(m): 9:13pm On Apr 05, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. Why are my having the feeling that you are scared of something?

whatever!
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 06, 2013
ooman:

whatever!
ehya!!
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by ooman(m): 9:03am On Apr 06, 2013
Reyginus: ehya!!

you are not worth my time.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 6:03pm On Apr 06, 2013
ooman:

you are not worth my time.
Okay. Good for you if you cannot explain why you hold certain things to be true. I will wait for some other atheist.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by ooman(m): 6:06pm On Apr 06, 2013
Reyginus: Okay. Good for you if you cannot explain why you hold certain things to be true. I will wait for some other atheist.

ok. good riddance
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 6:21pm On Apr 06, 2013
ooman:

ok. good riddance
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 10, 2013
The fourth calling
Reyginus:
4. The soul. What does an atheist thinks of the soul?
Everyone is invited.
Atheists in the house, I need your help.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by plaetton: 7:23pm On Apr 10, 2013
Atheists are not a homogeneous group that share one common viewpoint on everything. Most accept the existence of a soul and most would not.

Personally, You can say that I accept the existence of a soul, but not in a religious or spiritual sense.
I see the soul, both personal and universal, as a form of energy existing outside our 3 dimensional range of perception. Everything exists as a duality, first in its physical 3-dimensional form, and secondly, in its energy form or configuration that animates it.

In the case of humans, our super-conducting brain has the ability, acquired and honed through eons of biological evolution, to aggregate and harmonise all that free energy to flow in a coherent and consistent manner.

That is what may be called the human soul.
Therefore, the human soul most likely evolved in the same manner as human biology, and therefore, is a work in progress.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 9:54am On Apr 11, 2013
plaetton: Atheists are not a homogeneous group that share one common viewpoint on everything. Most accept the existence of a soul and most would not.

Personally, You can say that I accept the existence of a soul, but not in a religious or spiritual sense.
I see the soul, both personal and universal, as a form of energy existing outside our 3 dimensional range of perception. Everything exists as a duality, first in its physical 3-dimensional form, and secondly, in its energy form or configuration that animates it.

In the case of humans, our super-conducting brain has the ability, acquired and honed through eons of biological evolution, to aggregate and harmonise all that free energy to flow in a coherent and consistent manner.

Therefore, the human soul most likely evolved in the same manner as human biology, and therefore, is a work in progress.
I like the fact that you pointed out that atheists are not a homogenous group with common viewpoint. I've been doing a lot of thinking on the matter. I tend to wonder why majority of the atheists around, with the aim of antagonising the stance of religion on any matter, accept concepts which from my own understanding betrays the logic they employ to measure up to as standard.
That's by the way.
I don't know if you noticed plaetton.
To consider the soul as an energy beyond our 3D perception and also ascribe our brain the ability for a harmonization of these energies seems to me a contradictory statement. Except, I need some clarifications. I think if the human brain has such ability to 'aggregate and harmonize' whatsoever, it is not possible for the thing in question to be beyond the perception of the organism/thing housing the brain. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Secondly, duality as the nature of everything betrays your explanation of the soul.
Considering the soul in a scale of duality(metaphorically), the likely outcomes following your explanation would be: a three dimensional form and the energy form. I'm sure you know why the explanation fails from this point. You've already posited the soul as an entity existing outside the 3D. That everything exists as a duality, via your explanation does not work for the soul. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 12:18pm On Apr 11, 2013
Reyginus: I like the fact that you pointed out that atheists are not a homogenous group with common viewpoint. I've been doing a lot of thinking on the matter. I tend to wonder why majority of the atheists around, with the aim of antagonising the stance of religion on any matter, accept concepts which from my own understanding betrays the logic they employ to measure up to as standard.
That's by the way.
I don't know if you noticed plaetton.
To consider the soul as an energy beyond our 3D perception and also ascribe our brain the ability for a harmonization of these energies seems to me a contradictory statement. Except, I need some clarifications. I think if the human brain has such ability to 'aggregate and harmonize' whatsoever, it is not possible for the thing in question to be beyond the perception of the organism/thing housing the brain. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Secondly, duality as the nature of everything betrays your explanation of the soul.
Considering the soul in a scale of duality(metaphorically), the likely outcomes following your explanation would be: a three dimensional form and the energy form. I'm sure you know why the explanation fails from this point. You've already posited the soul as an entity existing outside the 3D. That everything exists as a duality, via your explanation does not work for the soul. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Seems like Plaetton gave you a bone to chew on.......

While I dont necessarily agree witht the 3d energy-soul theory that Plaetton proposed, your reply to him smacks of irritatingly arrogant ignorance. You just say anything against atheists, even when it doesnt make any sense.

Your whole paragraph in bold is quite meaningless. ......

Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by turnstoner(m): 12:29pm On Apr 11, 2013
plaetton: Atheists are not a homogeneous group that share one common viewpoint on everything. Most accept the existence of a soul and most would not.

@plaeton,
I have usually agreed with your posts, but your theory on the concept of souls does not rhyme with the said posts, at all!
3-D form and energy form?
Sounds fuzzy to me.

Do you believe that when the body dies, the soul(as you defined it) lives on?
If you do then you believe in life after death and you are probably agnostic and definitely not an atheist!

I am a card-carrying atheist and I do not believe in the existence of a soul that lives after the death of the body.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by ooman(m): 1:31pm On Apr 11, 2013
I understand that the evolution of life is one area of intense contention. However, new evidences are arriving proving that abiogenesis - chemical evolution - life from non life - organic from inorganic is true. Scientist have been able to experimentally confirm that protocells can spontaneously form on montmorillonite clay. This totally destroys the existence of a soul making life possible.

Googling protocells and montmorillonite will help clear doubts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Experiences Strengthened Your Faith In God? / Do You Know The Bishop Of The Whole World? / Can One Go To Heaven With Tatoo?