Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,623 members, 7,840,486 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! (6880 Views)

Nairaland Atheists, Let's Rebrand. / Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here / The Logicboy Effect (A Message To All Nairaland Atheists) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 11, 2013
ooman: I understand that the evolution of life is one area of intense contention. However, new evidences are arriving proving that abiogenesis - chemical evolution - life from non life - organic from inorganic is true. Scientist have been able to experimentally confirm that protocells can spontaneously form on montmorillonite clay. This totally destroys the existence of a soul making life possible.

Googling protocells and montmorillonite will help clear doubts

angry angry

pseudoscience grin grin grin
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by ooman(m): 1:57pm On Apr 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

angry angry

pseudoscience grin grin grin

I would get back at you with pics now but i would be accused of copy and paste again. Pls just google it. I said so before. wink
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by plaetton: 2:43pm On Apr 11, 2013
@both Reyginus and Turnstoner:

My analysis is simply an opinion , and is by no means a scientific statement.
When I say 3-D, I am simply referring to our range of sensory perception. The soul, as energy, is outside our range of sensory perception, as do most other forms of energy.

We have all heard or have used the term "visible light", that is: light that is within our range of sensory perception.
Besides visible light, there are other lights or energies which do not register in our senses simply because of their frequencies. Radio frequencies are typical examples.

As for the brain being able to harmonise energy , yes. I believe, with great conviction, that the brain has super-conducting properties. If you know anything about superconductivity, you will agree that super-conductors have the ability to conduct and harmonise energy through space,dimensions and possibly time.
Therefore a superconducting substance would be a perfect bridge between our 3-dimensional reality and perhaps others.

Now, if the brain, as I am convinced, is a super conductor, the brain would be the interface between our physical reality and other cosmic realities.
The brain would serve , in this case, as the conduit for flow of energy to and fro other realities.

This is why I think that religion(the worship of a god) is big mistake.
Man is a micro-universe , and contains, and is connected within himself, the entire universe.

We are all infused with the energy of the universe.
We are all tiny pieces of the same energy of the big b.ang, and we still retain all the properties and latent power of that primordial energy, just in different frequencies.

We were all there at the beginning of the universe, and we are all immortal.
We are all gods, we are all creators.

Therefore, true religion would involve self discovery,harmonising our mind and tuning into the right frequencies to allow the infusion of cosmic energy from without.

Most very ancient philosophies and religions were symbolically built around these ideas .
But over the eons, the symbolisms were either misunderstood or corrupted for personal gain and power.

1 Like

Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

Seems like Plaetton gave you a bone to chew on.......

While I dont necessarily agree witht the 3d energy-soul theory that Plaetton proposed, your reply to him smacks of irritatingly arrogant ignorance. You just say anything against atheists, even when it doesnt make any sense.

Your whole paragraph in bold is quite meaningless. ......
Oh! Here comes the lover of ad hominem. The magic weapon of the brotherhood of atheism. The inverted shinning light of atheism! Hohu! The logical tombstone! The hum and hun-hun! The abstracting and abstract with 'abstract' things to offer. You're welcome sir logicboy.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 11, 2013
Reyginus: Oh! Here comes the lover of ad hominem. The magic weapon of the brotherhood of atheism. The inverted shinning light of atheism! Hohu! The logical tombstone! The hum and hun-hun! The abstracting and abstract with 'abstract' things to offer. You're welcome sir logicboy.

I missed you too. smiley
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by ooman(m): 2:57pm On Apr 11, 2013
plaetton: @both Reyginus and Turnstoner:

As for the brain being able to harmonise energy , yes. I believe, with great conviction, that the brain has super-conducting properties. If you know anything about superconductivity, you will agree that super-conductors have the ability to conduct and harmonise energy through space,dimensions and possibly time.
Therefore a superconducting substance would be a perfect bridge between our 3-dimensional reality and perhaps others.

Now, if the brain, as I am convinced, is a super conductor, the brain would be the interface between our physical reality and other cosmic realities.
The brain would serve , in this case, as the conduit for flow of energy to and fro other realities.

Superconductivity is the continuous flow of electron after electric source is terminated - continuous supply of electricity after the electric source is terminated and this can only be achieved at very low temperatures. How does this apply to the human brain??
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by plaetton: 3:03pm On Apr 11, 2013
^^^
To expand a bit on this,
What we call life is simply invisible, and am sure , a purer form of cosmic energy that flows through and energises our denser physical bodies. When that interface is blocked or cut off, the flow of energy ceases, life departs into the nether dimensions as free flowing energy, and the denser physical bodies breaks down back into molecular and atomic components.

And the process goes on for infinity as newer formations arise from time to time.
Life begets life.
Everything evolves
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by turnstoner(m): 3:05pm On Apr 11, 2013

The soul, as energy, is outside our range of sensory perception, as do most other forms of energy.

Man is a micro-universe , and contains, and is connected within himself, the entire universe.

Therefore, true religion would involve self discovery,harmonising our mind and tuning into the right frequencies to allow the infusion of cosmic energy from without.

You are sounding too mystical for comfort!

I think you've lost me!
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Kay17: 3:06pm On Apr 11, 2013
Reyginus: Can homosexuality be explained logically?

Only if the line of privacy can be drawn. This has nothing to do with atheism vs theism
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Kay17: 3:09pm On Apr 11, 2013
plaetton: ^^^
To expand a bit on this,
What we call life is simply invisible, and am sure , a purer form of cosmic energy that flows through and energises our denser physical bodies. When that interface is blocked or cut off, the flow of energy ceases, life departs into the nether dimensions as free flowing energy, and the denser physical bodies breaks down back into molecular and atomic components.

And the process goes on for infinity as newer formations arise from time to time.
Life begets life.
Everything evolves

How do you explain abstracts?
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by plaetton: 3:20pm On Apr 11, 2013
ooman:

Superconductivity is the continuous flow of electron after electric source is terminated - continuous supply of electricity after the electric source is terminated and this can only be achieved at very low temperatures. How does this apply to the human brain??

Superconductivity is the hoy grail of science.

Super conductivity is a lot more than your definition.
A super-conducting source can send energy through infinite distances without wires, with loss of energy.

For example, a super-conducting energy source in the moon would beam same amount of energy to earth instantaneously beyond any barrier and without a single loss.

So far, it can only be achieved at very temperatures, yes.
That only means that we have a long way to go before we achieve room temperature superconductivity in a lab.

Well , when I study the way that brain generates and conducts electricity with no friction, no loss, That is a characteristic of super-conductivity.
Sentience, Self-awareness, cognitive abilities, is proof that the brain is not just electrons passing through wires.
It is much more complex, and only superconductivity can fully account for it's complexities.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by ooman(m): 3:23pm On Apr 11, 2013
plaetton: ^^^
To expand a bit on this,

Life begets life.
Everything evolves

indeed you are sounding too mystical for comfort!
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by plaetton: 3:23pm On Apr 11, 2013
Kay 17:

How do you explain abstracts?

What do you mean by abstracts?
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by plaetton: 3:26pm On Apr 11, 2013
ooman:

Its just an opinion.

I keep an open mind.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by ooman(m): 3:26pm On Apr 11, 2013
plaetton:

A super-conducting source can send energy through infinite distances without wires, with loss of energy.

For example, a super-conducting energy source in the moon would beam same amount of energy to earth instantaneously beyond any barrier and without a single loss.

That only means that we have a long way to go before we achieve room temperature superconductivity in a lab.

Well , when I study the way that brain generates and conducts electricity with no friction, no loss, That is a characteristic of super-conductivity.
Sentience, Self-awareness, cognitive abilities, is proof that the brain is not just electrons passing through wires.
It is much more complex, and only superconductivity can fully account for it's complexities.

as long as your ideas are natural without bringing the supernatural soul concept, i will take them under advisement.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by plaetton: 3:29pm On Apr 11, 2013
ooman:

Actually, you might actually be on the same page , sometimes it's the use of certain words that might make it seem mystical.
These notions can be well articulated in a scientific way by simply using scientific terms.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 11, 2013

My analysis is simply an opinion , and is by no means a scientific statement.
When I say 3-D, I am simply referring to our range of sensory perception. The soul, as energy, is outside our range of sensory perception, as do most other forms of energy.

We have all heard or have used the term "visible light", that is: light that is within our range of sensory perception.
Besides visible light, there are other lights or energies which do not register in our senses simply because of their frequencies. Radio frequencies are typical examples.

We are all infused with the energy of the universe.
We are all tiny pieces of the same energy of the big b.ang, and we still retain all the properties and latent power of that primordial energy, just in different frequencies.

Most very ancient philosophies and religions were symbolically built around these ideas .
But over the eons, the symbolisms were either misunderstood or corrupted for personal gain and power.
Okay. Actually I never expected a scientific statement but one that will not run contrary to the logic and science atheists hold preciously.
If I get you clearly, the soul is outside the scope of sensory perception. I still encounter the similar problem of having to appreciate your first two sentences with the third one. Firstly, our brain is our curator of sensory perception. That it is superconductive, forming the necessary bridge between our 3D reality and others, and yet the soul(which is within a gap our superconductive brain can accentuate) is outside our range of perception is a logical contradiction.
In simple terms, to perceive requires an awareness of a thing and or, how it functions. As long as we have a component inbuilt in us, with the capacity to examine systems outside our dimension, the system enclosing the component cannot be deprived or deficient in sensory perceiving of the materials outside our 3D.
It is more like saying you don't know how football is played, only that there is a part of you, the leg, with the ability to play the game. Your statements need to agree.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by plaetton: 3:33pm On Apr 11, 2013
ooman:

as long as your ideas are natural without bringing the supernatural soul concept, i will take them under advisement.
I know I use therm " soul" often. But for me, soul, spirit, radio frequencies, visible light, invisible ether, they all say the same thing to me.
All are energy vibrating in different frequencies.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 11, 2013
Logicboy03:

I missed you too. smiley
Ooow!!
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 11, 2013
Kay 17:

Only if the line of privacy can be drawn. This has nothing to do with atheism vs theism
Interesting.. Not really about theism vs atheism. Just that I want to understand logically the basis for justification of things atheists hold.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by plaetton: 3:39pm On Apr 11, 2013
Reyginus: Okay. Actually I never expected a scientific statement but one that will not run contrary to the logic and science atheists hold preciously.
If I get you clearly, the soul is outside the scope of sensory perception. I still encounter the similar problem of having to appreciate your first two sentences with the third one. Firstly, our brain is our curator of sensory perception. That it is superconductive, forming the necessary bridge between our 3D reality and others, and yet the soul(which is within a gap our superconductive brain can accentuate) is outside our range of perception is a logical contradiction.
In simple terms, to perceive requires an awareness of a thing and or, how it functions. As long as we have a component inbuilt in us, with the capacity to examine systems outside our dimension, the system enclosing the component cannot be deprived or deficient in sensory perceiving of the materials outside our 3D.
It is more like saying you don't know how football is played, only that there is a part of you, the leg, with the ability to play the game. Your statements need to agree.

The brain, in my opinion, is the interface connecting what we percieve with our limited senses and other realities that we cannot percieve with our senses.
It cordinates our sensory inputs, and also links and interacts with non-sensory or extra-sensory stimuli.
Does that help.
N:B
It is our link to the primordial energy
It is our link to the oneness of infinity( Apologies to Deepsight)
It is our link to what you theists refer to as god.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 3:42pm On Apr 11, 2013
plaetton:

The brain, in my opinion, is the interface connecting what we percieve with our limited senses and other realities that we cannot percieve with our senses.
It cordinates our sensory inputs, and also links and interacts with non-sensory or extra-sensory stimuli.
Does that help.
Ofcourse it did. Now, the issue at hand. If this is so, and the brain is a component of the human body, how do you now justify your statement that the soul is outside sensory perception?
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by plaetton: 3:48pm On Apr 11, 2013
Reyginus: Ofcourse it did. Now, the issue at hand. If this is so, and the brain is a component of the human body, how do you now justify your statement that the soul is outside sensory perception?

Same reply. it is ouside sensory perception in the same way that electrons and the electric currents in your body are not within your perception. You cannot isolate them. yes we can now mearsure electrical activity in the brain with cat scans and MRIs, but we cannot isolate which electrical activity is the soul.

Who knows, in another millenia of scientific innovations, we might.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by ooman(m): 3:48pm On Apr 11, 2013
plaetton:
I know I use therm " soul" often. But for me, soul, spirit, radio frequencies, visible light, invisible ether, they all say the same thing to me.
All are energy vibrating in different frequencies.

soul is a term used by the religious. You bringing in soul into science would betray naturalism. I think you should find a more scientific word or just stick to electromagnetic wave. That would be more acceptable than soul stuff
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by plaetton: 4:01pm On Apr 11, 2013
Reyginus: Ofcourse it did. Now, the issue at hand. If this is so, and the brain is a component of the human body, how do you now justify your statement that the soul is outside sensory perception?

As an anology, radio waves are outside of our sensory perception, yet you enjoy radio, tv and mobile phones. How?
Because we have constructed tools that interfaces, recieves, decodes and deliveres these radio signals to our physical senses. Not so.
Well, I am saying that the brain is a frequency decoder as well, interfacing and decoding what we cannot sense.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Kay17: 6:10pm On Apr 11, 2013
plaetton:

What do you mean by abstracts?

Discernible simplistic entities that exist outside space and time.
plaetton:

Transfer of energy without loss? That's contrary to the laws of thermodynamics. Energy is always lost during transfer. Superconductivity does not explain Consciousness and qualia.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Kay17: 6:12pm On Apr 11, 2013
Reyginus: Interesting.. Not really about theism vs atheism. Just that I want to understand logically the basis for justification of things atheists hold.

The best basis for atheism is Naturalism. That all concepts are internally consistent. Unlike the supernatural.

1 Like

Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 8:08am On Apr 12, 2013
plaetton:

Same reply. it is ouside sensory perception in the same way that electrons and the electric currents in your body are not within your perception. You cannot isolate them. yes we can now mearsure electrical activity in the brain with cat scans and MRIs, but we cannot isolate which electrical activity is the soul.

Who knows, in another millenia of scientific innovations, we might.
I get where you are heading to now. But I don't see much difference between what you've tried to describe as the soul and any other thing outside our three dimension. There should be marked characteristics purely and unambigously at the base of something peculiar. An entity whose for its unique properties can be singled out. Because if we are to go by what you described anything within this dimension can fit into your description. I can as well say that what you are talking about is the electromagnetic energy, and it will still fit in.
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 8:10am On Apr 12, 2013
plaetton:

As an anology, radio waves are outside of our sensory perception, yet you enjoy radio, tv and mobile phones. How?
Because we have constructed tools that interfaces, recieves, decodes and deliveres these radio signals to our physical senses. Not so.
Well, I am saying that the brain is a frequency decoder as well, interfacing and decoding what we cannot sense.

And the difference between radio waves and your description of the soul is?
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by Nobody: 8:12am On Apr 12, 2013
Kay 17:

The best basis for atheism is Naturalism. That all concepts are internally consistent. Unlike the supernatural.
Interesting..Would you mind explaining homosexuality on the basis of Naturalism?
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by ooman(m): 8:15am On Apr 12, 2013
^^^There is nothing in nature you cannot explain on the basis of naturalism…
Re: Understanding Atheism. Nairaland atheists C'mon! by ooman(m): 8:18am On Apr 12, 2013
Kay 17:

Discernible simplistic entities that exist outside space and time.

Transfer of energy without loss? That's contrary to the laws of thermodynamics. Energy is always lost during transfer. Superconductivity does not explain Consciousness and qualia.

Exactly what I have problem with. But its his hypothesis and all hypothesis are not perfect when conceived so am allowing Plaetton some room to develop it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What Experiences Strengthened Your Faith In God? / Do You Know The Bishop Of The Whole World? / Can One Go To Heaven With Tatoo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.