Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,229 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig (91634 Views)

Airtel BIS Now #1,000/month + Solution To Make Your #1,500 BBC Work On Pc/phones / Airtel BIS Now UNLIMITED!!! / MTN BBC Monthly BIS Now ₦1000! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (33) (Go Down)

Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by ciphoenix: 10:27pm On Mar 11, 2013
on auto renewal today, sending status to 21600 still displays same old message, no numbers to suggest cap or anything. will continue with the vpn though in hopes that it'll make it kinda unlimited smiley cheesy
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Nobody: 10:29pm On Mar 11, 2013
johnsonpal: got it 6k then,
6k ke, I'm I a learner.. Bros 6k is too much for something I'm not sure how long it would last
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Leopantro: 10:32pm On Mar 11, 2013
now i think mtn is messing with my head. my access stopped working. i sent status and was told i don't have an active BIS subscription. i then sent BBCWEEK and was told I'm on an active BIS that would expire next month. omo,I'm going to drink paracetamol and sleep. when the man in mtn control room stop having his seizures and stops playing with the controls let me know

1 Like

Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by plezant(f): 10:35pm On Mar 11, 2013
[quote author=Leopantro]now i think mtn is messing with my head. my access stopped working. i sent status and was told i don't have an active BIS subscription. i then sent BBCWEEK and was told I'm on an active BIS that would expire next month. omo,I'm going to drink paracetamol and sleep. when the man in mtn control room stop having his seizures and stops playing with the controls let me know [/quoe]. I hv d same issue.
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Nobody: 10:36pm On Mar 11, 2013
rateade:

But the BBC month package used to be unlimited too.. Nw... I use it wit Vpn and I use atleast 56gb monthly, it just stopped lastnite while I was downloadin "Assasins Creed 3". sad

It pains me that I ve only used 10gb this month cry cry cry
Empty N don suffer for your hand oooo 56gb per month or wetin u call am....lol...I don die oooo. Anyway wetin concern me and whether vpn dey blocked or not. I'm still enjoying unlimited data on my bold 6 and posting while streaming internet radio on my bb. And ow I fit get that free 200mb that comes with my BBC like someone said. I dnt need too much data on my laptop. Na my fone dey do all the work...lol...Mtn don suffer small from my hand too...But 56gb per month. Guy MTN go send assassin come find u. Dey watch.

4 Likes

Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by ciphoenix: 10:38pm On Mar 11, 2013
probably you guys exhausted your DATA CAP
tongue tongue
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by surveycash(m): 10:38pm On Mar 11, 2013
Hotdiamond: Droid vpn. Lol . Good radiance to bad rubbish

riddance
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Zet72(m): 10:39pm On Mar 11, 2013
Babanhajiya: Well if this MTN BIS could actually work on non BB devices i will subscribe to it because their network is better than airtel at the moment.
please can mtn BIS work on android, ...because I subscribed for Airtel it did not work..I don't want to wast another money ..please guys enlighten me.
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by ciphoenix: 10:39pm On Mar 11, 2013
12 inches!:

Empty N don suffer for your hand oooo 56gb per month or wetin u call am....lol...I don die oooo. Anyway wetin concern me and whether vpn dey blocked or not. I'm still enjoying unlimited data on my bold 6 and posting while streaming internet radio on my bb. And ow I fit get that free 200mb that comes with my BBC like someone said. I dnt need too much data on my laptop. Na my fone dey do all the work...lol...Mtn don suffer small from my hand too...But 56gb per month. Guy MTN go send assassin come find u. Dey watch.
first month with my VPN and i pulled 95GB in 20 days cool for real, utorrent on 24/7
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by ciphoenix: 10:41pm On Mar 11, 2013
Zet72:
please can mtn BIS work on android, ...because I subscribed for Airtel it did not work..I don't want to wast another money ..please guys enlighten me.
read the thread amigo
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Leopantro: 10:44pm On Mar 11, 2013
ciphoenix:
first month with my VPN and i pulled 95GB in 20 days cool for real, utorrent on 24/7

THE LORD IS GOOD!!! just saw an ambulance entering the residence of the C.E.O of mtn. guess he fainted after reading the above

2 Likes

Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by ciphoenix: 10:45pm On Mar 11, 2013
lol, i was being modest and considerate jor grin grin
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Nobody: 10:46pm On Mar 11, 2013
ciphoenix:

So you're a criminal too... 95GB...I don die. MTN must not hear this. I think say I dey use data b4 sef. So I be small boy. Anyway I do like say 10gb per month. How cn I make this VPN stuff work on my laptop modem with 1500 BBC on MTN. Can u put me thru too. Let me sef enjoy small awooooof from MTN before they scrap everything (which I suspect is coming soon).
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by LarrySun(m): 10:53pm On Mar 11, 2013
Hello guys, I need help here. I just subscribed into the 260MB monthly data plan but it only takes me a few days before getting it exhausted. I need a bigger MTN data plan, the customer care lines never go through...so, can someone give me a breakdown of the bigger plans and their codes? Not BIS please...I use HTC.

Thanks.

God bless us all smiley
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by ciphoenix: 10:56pm On Mar 11, 2013
Network hasn't been fair the past 5 days embarassed embarassed, don't have a screenshot from last month

Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by adewasco2k(m): 10:56pm On Mar 11, 2013
Leopantro: now i think mtn is messing with my head. my access stopped working. i sent status and was told i don't have an active BIS subscription. i then sent BBCWEEK and was told I'm on an active BIS that would expire next month. omo,I'm going to drink paracetamol and sleep. when the man in mtn control room stop having his seizures and stops playing with the controls let me know
bros easy nao! just give it time....
bad as it can get:

YOU WILL ALWAYS FIND A WAY TO GET ONLINE
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by dljbd1(m): 11:02pm On Mar 11, 2013
This trend on frontpage? Even Seun and other moderators are feeling our pain!
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by webcalculator(m): 11:05pm On Mar 11, 2013
Before now, i had been using airtel BIS which costs #1200 for 1gb. I went to their website and saw another plan-BBC. i subscribed to it and have been using it. Each time i check my data status, they doesn't show remaining data. Please is it (BBC) unlimited? i subscribed to it with #1400.
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by nattymallam: 11:08pm On Mar 11, 2013
lord.spiritual:

do you have an active bb subscription?
and what do i have to gain by lying to you?
How does it favour me thats using an android?
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by seunpayne(m): 11:13pm On Mar 11, 2013
so, this is what I have learned. according to mtn, the reason for this confusion is a so called network upgrade. now if u browse with a vpn, please dont stop. if you do, they will cap your data and block your SIM. by that I mean you wont even be able to use it on bb too. speculations suggest that all the bis plans will be scrapped im favor of a bundle suiting bb10. and no, it wont cost 1500. it will cost 3500. all existing subscriptions will be allowed to expire and subsequently be migrated to the new plan. all glitches would last for the rest of the week while the "upgrade" takes place.

as for those assuming they would switch to etisalat...its a matter of time till they follow suit because they would need to provide a plan for bb10 and it cannot be unlimited.

but as always, we started with Freedom and operamini proxies. we'll always find a way.

fast internet is awesome. but fast and free is even better.
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by ciphoenix: 11:27pm On Mar 11, 2013
seunpayne: so, this is what I have learned. according to mtn, the reason for this confusion is a so called network upgrade. now if u browse with a vpn, please dont stop. if you do, they will cap your data and block your SIM. by that I mean you wont even be able to use it on bb too. speculations suggest that all the bis plans will be scrapped im favor of a bundle suiting bb10. and no, it wont cost 1500. it will cost 3500. all existing subscriptions will be allowed to expire and subsequently be migrated to the new plan. all glitches would last for the rest of the week while the "upgrade" takes place.

as for those assuming they would switch to etisalat...its a matter of time till they follow suit because they would need to provide a plan for bb10 and it cannot be unlimited.

but as always, we started with Freedom and operamini proxies. we'll always find a way.

now that, i don't get
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by nattymallam: 11:30pm On Mar 11, 2013
Zet72:

I feel somethimg is wrong with ur android, am posting from my android using airtel, and am not in a rush to diss dem for mtn
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by omonikiba(f): 11:33pm On Mar 11, 2013
Pls guys, a lot of you are not getting it right at all,pls call 180 or better if you have you security number, download your self care app on your mobile phone, you can view so many things without hustle.

The BBC according to package features has 200mb as its limit but becos the engineers up till now could not create that limit for this particular brand, customers are not able to view their data limit as a result hence you could use beyond your limit, but no can't access more than one email account as oppose to BIS where u can access up to 10 email account.

I wonder why nairaland IT section is excluded from their social club, else all these 'I know pass' for no dey.

I for one was so so surprised to read the headline. There is no plan for now to scrab BB plans as some has said pls. Only BB10 has a bundle plan which goes for 3500.

Pls always try and verify before posting so as not to confuse pips.
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Onyeasi(m): 11:44pm On Mar 11, 2013
My bis will expire tomorrrow.
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Drdreluv: 11:46pm On Mar 11, 2013
I connecte my bb to laptop via hot spot......its asking for network security mismatch key A̶̲̥̅♏ ussing mtn can anyone help ♍e out or other means of connect my bis to laptop to net Pls oh help ♍Ƹ̴ oh
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by dljbd1(m): 11:50pm On Mar 11, 2013
omonikiba: Pls guys, a lot of you are not getting it right at all,pls call 180 or better if you have you security number, download your self care app on your mobile phone, you can view so many things without hustle.

The BBC according to package features has 200mb as its limit but becos the engineers up till now could not create that limit for this particular brand, customers are not able to view their data limit as a result hence you could use beyond your limit, but no can't access more than one email account as oppose to BIS where u can access up to 10 email account.

I wonder why nairaland IT section is excluded from their social club, else all these 'I know pass' for no dey.

I for one was so so surprised to read the headline. There is no plan for now to scrab BB plans as some has said pls. Only BB10 has a bundle plan which goes for 3500.

Pls always try and verify before posting so as not to confuse pips.
Hmmm, can you explain why my BBcurve 3 has stopped browsing. I send 'status' to 21600 and they tell me it would expire on 28th April but it still doesn't connect...why? If it is that I've used up the so-called '200MB' allocated to BBC then wouldn't it be easier if they told me I've exhuasted my MB than showing me my expiration date....abi?
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by dljbd1(m): 11:52pm On Mar 11, 2013
Onyeasi: My bis will expire tomorrrow.
I'm sorry, but e don b 4u!
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by mansay(m): 11:57pm On Mar 11, 2013
Will it also affect those using bb
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by dljbd1(m): 12:00am On Mar 12, 2013
mansay: Will it also affect those using bb
Seems it is affecting me already. After it stopped browsing with vpn, I put back my sim into my BB and its still not connecting. I hope I'm not alone....please someone confirm this
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Nobody: 12:01am On Mar 12, 2013
seunpayne: so, this is what I have learned. according to mtn, the reason for this confusion is a so called network upgrade. now if u browse with a vpn, please dont stop. if you do, they will cap your data and block your SIM. by that I mean you wont even be able to use it on bb too. speculations suggest that all the bis plans will be scrapped im favor of a bundle suiting bb10. and no, it wont cost 1500. it will cost 3500. all existing subscriptions will be allowed to expire and subsequently be migrated to the new plan. all glitches would last for the rest of the week while the "upgrade" takes place.

Your assumption is very faulty. Yes BB10 will be given a special subscription of about 3k becos it will eventually have more android like apps that will consume a lot of data. And yes it's going to be capped at 3GB (I read it in an MTN statement). But legacy blackberries will stay unlimited. Mark my words. It is legacy blackberries that are spurring pple to upgrade to Z10 or Q10. A time will come when they av very few customers using legacy blackberries when most have upgraded to a BB10 devices then they may enforce payment plans across board. It's actually a trap to cap data. But if MTN shud attempt to cap data on legacy blackberries now, they will lose a lot of their customers. I assume by this time next year though that even us legacy bb users will still be a majority. Till then it's unlimited things oooo. Why do u think MTN has greatest amt of bb users? Even MTN knows this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (33)

Wapdam - Your All Time Place For Music, Videos And Games Download / A New Scam Yahoo Boys Have Invented. / Samsung S7 And S7 Edge Price In Nigeria, Got Mine Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.