Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,174 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig (91633 Views)

Airtel BIS Now #1,000/month + Solution To Make Your #1,500 BBC Work On Pc/phones / Airtel BIS Now UNLIMITED!!! / MTN BBC Monthly BIS Now ₦1000! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (33) (Go Down)

Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Nobody: 12:04am On Mar 12, 2013
mansay: Will it also affect those using bb
Most likely it won't. If MTN should cap their data today. I'm free to use any service provider I desire. I won't even buy a BB10 device as an upgrade to my bold 6. I'll just go android or windows phone.

1 Like

Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by johnsonpal: 12:08am On Mar 12, 2013
[img]http://i.minus.com/iu8yjiKDcgMjE.PNG[/img]...Flexing tinz...downloadin continua
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by dljbd1(m): 12:11am On Mar 12, 2013
johnsonpal: [img]http://postimage.org/image/72vshco19/[/img]...Flexing tinz...downloadin continua
wtf
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Chizak24(m): 12:20am On Mar 12, 2013
Chai!! See as EmptyHen put my people into confusion embarassed
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Francheezy(m): 12:27am On Mar 12, 2013
stil flexing with my special sim...al diz 0nE n0 c0nsIne me 4naw
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by nenergy(m): 12:54am On Mar 12, 2013
Hmmm,so many people downloading Torrent via MTN. Na una dey cause all this network problem for us "normal" users.lol But wait o,upon all the complain and insult (Empty Hen), MTN still has the highest BB subs. *mindboggling*
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by ciphoenix: 12:56am On Mar 12, 2013
MTN is like that taboo that people speak ill about in public but secretly love in the confines of their rooms

2 Likes

Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by luxury01(m): 1:01am On Mar 12, 2013
Brodas acros nairaland..pls help me to on dis issue of mtn 3g bis stuff oh,,I just subscribed 1mont for 1k5 wen I saw dis thread and i'll really love to use it too...whas d way forward pls, am usin bb tour..

Can I rrmove my sim and browse free on other nokia fones? Pls gimme d settings if its possible and also gimme d setins for my tour to use dis 3gig stuf o...abeg ooohhhh
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by balogunsam(m): 1:21am On Mar 12, 2013
luxury01: Brodas acros nairaland..pls help me to on dis issue of mtn 3g bis stuff oh,,I just subscribed 1mont for 1k5 wen I saw dis thread and i'll really love to use it too...whas d way forward pls, am usin bb tour..

Can I rrmove my sim and browse free on other nokia fones? Pls gimme d settings if its possible and also gimme d setins for my tour to use dis 3gig stuf o...abeg ooohhhh

Yes it works on any device. all you have to do is set your apn to blackberry.net and you will b using your BIS on the device either android or nokia or tecno or whatever....good luck
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by luxury01(m): 1:34am On Mar 12, 2013
Broda wa gbayi bigtime, shey d sim go stil de work as bis untop my bb tour sha make I no go Jones oh
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Nobody: 3:24am On Mar 12, 2013
bams01: This thread will raise more questions than it can solve. But this is what I came up with in my little research
1)MTN did a system upgrade which we wont know the full implications till later on
2)Some VPNS still connects
3)For those that subscribed to MTN BIS before the upgrade the data CAP is still unlimited (with VPN of course)

If there is anything I discover, I will let you know.
But one thing is clear:
"If you cook for the world, they will never eat and get satisfied; but if the whole world should cook for you, then...."
Long story short, even if there is a DATA CAP, there will still be other ways to access the internet (unlimited of course)
That is what puts food on the table for some people.

SUre. Boi!
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by damatolnew: 3:27am On Mar 12, 2013
has anybody downloaded pass 3gig lately? I really want to know if mtn capped bis allowed data to 3gig
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Nobody: 3:50am On Mar 12, 2013
Shit happens though! What's d code for checkin d data balance
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by dljbd1(m): 3:50am On Mar 12, 2013
damatolnew: has anybody downloaded pass 3gig lately? I really want to know if mtn capped bis allowed data to 3gig
Bro...everyone is asleep. You should do the same
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by dljbd1(m): 3:51am On Mar 12, 2013
beatbug: Shit happens though! What's d code for checkin d data balance
Send status to 21600
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Snippets(m): 5:08am On Mar 12, 2013
For Nokia Phones(Symbian)
1) Go to Settings - Internet connectivity
2) Create a new profile with the following -
a) profile name - MTN BIS
b) apn - blackberry.net
c) username n password - web
d) click options - advanced settings
e) primary dns - 8.8.4.4
f) secondary dns - 8.8.8.8

Finish..

For PC
1) Subscribe - insert sim in modem
2) Go to Tools - Profile management - Create new
3) Apn - blackberry.net
4) Phone number - * 9 9 #
5) Username and password - web

Save - Set as Default - Connect..

Guess its Limited now though due to system Upgrade..
This is Gon spoil Market for VPN Resellers..
Its all Good Though..
Enjoy
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by niggi4life(m): 5:42am On Mar 12, 2013
Leopantro:

THE LORD IS GOOD!!! just saw an ambulance entering the residence of the C.E.O of mtn. guess he fainted after reading the above
hahahahahahahaha
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Sike(m): 5:47am On Mar 12, 2013
lord.spiritual:

MY OWN SETTINGS:
username: web
password: web
dns primary: 8.8.8.8
dns secondary: 8.8.4.4
apn: b********y.net
U GET MOUTH BRO.
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Sike(m): 5:53am On Mar 12, 2013
ciphoenix:
MTN is like that taboo that people speak ill about in public but secretly love in the confines of their rooms
GBAMMMMMMMMMM!!!
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Nobody: 5:59am On Mar 12, 2013
dl_jbd:
Send status to 21600

If I hear say I send status. Na trap. Dem go come use am catch me stop my unlimited data. Status ko status ni.
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by beehighdee(m): 6:29am On Mar 12, 2013
Francheezy: stil flexing with my special sim...al diz 0nE n0 c0nsIne me 4naw
I saw you.....lol
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by otokx(m): 6:42am On Mar 12, 2013
nice thread, good info
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Prodigy246(m): 7:24am On Mar 12, 2013
lord.spiritual:
i connected my modem just now with the usual bb.net apn, and as i was about to run my vpn isaw iwas already having internet access...bye bye to all vpn softwares..
how do you do that...I'd like to know pls!
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by mygee33(m): 7:25am On Mar 12, 2013
12 inches!:

If I hear say I send status. Na trap. Dem go come use am catch me stop my unlimited data. Status ko status ni.

Dz is what I get since yday. But I am still browsing wt my bbcweek. Truly all dz na system problem. Make I de download till they wake up.

Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by Nobody: 7:29am On Mar 12, 2013
good morning my fellow nairalanders, some Nigerians are sadist, i do use sandwich and i do enjoy it dou,im a heavy internet user. but it surprises me dat some nigerians are not happy about it, they want us to pay mtn N15,000 MONTHLY for unlimited browsing WHY? now my sandwich doesnt connect anymore.but guys i i subscribed N500 bis on sunday.and since they said its 50mb data cap, i can strongly tell you its a lie, cos i have downloaded a movie of 1.2gb last nite without any VPN just straight with mtn modem. the bottom line is the mtn bis week and month is still unlimited. make una no dey jons any how.as i speak im still downloading another heavy movie just to see if mtn will cut me off from the internet.
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by nenergy(m): 7:31am On Mar 12, 2013
ciphoenix:
Well said!
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by nuelnuel: 7:46am On Mar 12, 2013
I sent BBCWEEK to 21600 and N500 was deducted and got a message saying your request is being processed but since then when I send status to 21600,I get a message which says I don't have an active bb subscription.
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by luluosas(m): 7:48am On Mar 12, 2013
Let me see how it goes with you guys first.
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by LarrySun(m): 7:52am On Mar 12, 2013
Snippets: For Nokia Phones(Symbian)
1) Go to Settings - Internet connectivity
2) Create a new profile with the following -
a) profile name - MTN BIS
b) apn - blackberry.net
c) username n password - web
d) click options - advanced settings
e) primary dns - 8.8.4.4
f) secondary dns - 8.8.8.8

Finish..
For PC
1) Subscribe - insert sim in modem
2) Go to Tools - Profile management - Create new
3) Apn - blackberry.net
4) Phone number - * 9 9 #
5) Username and password - web

Save - Set as Default - Connect..

Guess its Limited now though due to system Upgrade..
This is Gon spoil Market for VPN Resellers..
Its all Good Though..
Enjoy
How do I subscribe to MTN bigger data plans with me HTC? I can only use the one thousand naira monthly 260MB. It doesn't take more than a few days before it gets exhausted. I've been trying to call the customer care without success. Can you help me out on what to do?
Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by venorite(m): 8:00am On Mar 12, 2013
This ur question has been answered countless times on this threas,why don't you take your time and go through thr thread,its so not nice when you peeps act like this,go through the thread sir,u will see an answer to ur question
Larry-Sun:

How do I subscribe to MTN bigger data plans with me HTC? I can only use the one thousand naira monthly 260MB. It doesn't take more than a few days before it gets exhausted. I've been trying to call the customer care without success. Can you help me out on what to do?

1 Like

Re: Mtn BIS Now Has A Data Cap Of 3gig by ibietela2(m): 8:10am On Mar 12, 2013
balogunsam:

Yes it works on any device. all you have to do is set your apn to blackberry.net and you will b using your BIS on the device either android or nokia or tecno or whatever....good luck

how many gb for the weekly plan

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (33)

Wapdam - Your All Time Place For Music, Videos And Games Download / A New Scam Yahoo Boys Have Invented. / Pls,anybody Help Wit MSDICT ACTIVATION KEY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.