Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,358 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? (5473 Views)

Have You Noticed The Constant Power Supply In Lagos? / No Constant Power Till 2015-jeg / Constant Power Supply? Whats The Cause? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by vizboy(m): 1:17pm On Mar 10, 2013
my answer is simple and short[b][size=150]YES[/size][/b]
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by Rossikk(m): 1:28pm On Mar 10, 2013
thelastPope: Many parts of Nigeria are already enjoying constant power supply so I don't know what you are talking about.

The new DISCOs are about to take over the facilities. In 3 to 4 months, power will be fully run by the private sector. Tthe total generation expected by the and of the year is between 8000 to 10000MW. The Mambilla hydroeletric plant which should be ready by end of 2014 will produce 10000MW. That is at least 20000MW by end of 2014! So I don't know what you are talking about.

All the transmission projects will be completed this year. Several have already being commisioned already like the Benin-Onitsha N1 line. I am enjoying close to 16 hours power daily up from like 4 hours in 2 days last year. Some of you should try and follow the news and see what is going on before you post on NL. As I am typing now, power has been mostly on since yesterday. It was interupted for about 5 hours yesterday afternoon and 2 hours at night.

From current projection, we should have constant power for most of the country by 2015/2016. This is putting into consideration a lot of infrastructural overhaul that the new companies will need to do nationwide.
Why do you bother with these buffoons? Ok how come you know all this but the poster doesn't? Is he not a Nigerian? Why do you have to do the research while he sits on his fat lazy arsss asking stup.id questions? He cannot be bothered to research anything, so you should have just ignored him. Dense fools.
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by Rossikk(m): 1:32pm On Mar 10, 2013
solidbroda: Maybe. But u see, its getting worse day after day.
Power supply is getting worse by the day? Any further proof needed that you are a compound dunce?
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by MEILYN(m): 1:47pm On Mar 10, 2013
story story oo
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by Liveair: 1:51pm On Mar 10, 2013
thelastPope: Many parts of Nigeria are already enjoying constant power supply so I don't know what you are talking about.

The new DISCOs are about to take over the facilities. In 3 to 4 months, power will be fully run by the private sector. Tthe total generation expected by the and of the year is between 8000 to 10000MW. The Mambilla hydroeletric plant which should be ready by end of 2014 will produce 10000MW. That is at least 20000MW by end of 2014! So I don't know what you are talking about.

All the transmission projects will be completed this year. Several have already being commisioned already like the Benin-Onitsha N1 line. I am enjoying close to 16 hours power daily up from like 4 hours in 2 days last year. Some of you should try and follow the news and see what is going on before you post on NL. As I am typing now, power has been mostly on since yesterday. It was interupted for about 5 hours yesterday afternoon and 2 hours at night.

From current projection, we should have constant power for most of the country by 2015/2016. This is putting into consideration a lot of infrastructural overhaul that the new companies will need to do nationwide.
People like you are the singular reason that Nigeria seems to be in perpetual disrepair.
Where in Nigeria have you seen constant power?
Does privatization simply mean constant power? Are MTN, GLO, etc not private? So do we enjoy flawless connections?
The companies to run the new power projects are they not all owned by same corrupt nigerians? Who checks who?
You need to wake up and start being truthfull and stop deceiving people.
It is only the next generation of leaders who understand what constant power is and who are hell-bent on stamping out corruption that can take this country there.

3 Likes

Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by abiosehabia: 1:53pm On Mar 10, 2013
Power supply getting worse by day? The major problem is incessant bureaucracy and that collective interests undermined for sake of private interests. We need government that will focus on building new Nigeria. I am excited by this new G37 initiative to create better Nigeria for 21st century. Our country is blessed with natural resources, human potential, a natural entrepreneurship ability among the people, but yet we continue suffering. There is no reason we should not have constant electricity, and not only, that we should not be among most prosperous peoples in Africa! We need to place government in right hands. I am placing my faith very much in this new G37 team! Do us well, please...!

Dreaming of a new Nigerian century
http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com/2013/03/07/dreaming-of-a-new-nigerian-century/
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by Rossikk(m): 1:57pm On Mar 10, 2013
kiss
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by Rossikk(m): 1:58pm On Mar 10, 2013
Liveair:
People like you are the singular reason that Nigeria seems to be in perpetual disrepair.
Where in Nigeria have you seen constant power?
Does privatization simply mean constant power? Are MTN, GLO, etc not private? So do we enjoy flawless connections?
The companies to run the new power projects are they not all owned by same corrupt nigerians? Who checks who?
You need to wake up and start being truthfull and stop deceiving people.
It is only the next generation of leaders who understand what constant power is and who are hell-bent on stamping out corruption that can take this country there.
Oh God. Another dumb commentator. For your information there are many areas enjoying over 20hrs power supply daily, and have been doing so for months. As for telecoms, they've gotten a LOT better, and the only way is up. Now shut up and go do your laundry.
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by curfew: 2:08pm On Mar 10, 2013
answer is YES, only if you support bilie human rights initiative @ www.bilie.org
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by PapaBrowne(m): 2:23pm On Mar 10, 2013
I remember back in the days when if you want to make or receive a call, you would go to NITEL office and wait in line for hrs. After the long wait, the call you went to make or receive would not connect.
When I left Nigeria, anytime I wanted to call home, somebody would have to go to Shell Office to go and wait for my call. And that was a serious privilege because you didn't have to wait on any line.

But alas the system was privatized and we now all have mobile phones and Internet at ridiculously cheap prices

The FG has just done for the power sector the same thing that was done for the telecoms sector. Don't despair, light is coming!!
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 10, 2013
yes, cus ogba in lagos is now 5min on 10mins off tru out the n night, fridge dont get cold anymore, cant slip @ nite again, hop 4 nig.
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by osifred(m): 2:39pm On Mar 10, 2013
My picture is my contribution to topic

Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by Rossikk(m): 2:41pm On Mar 10, 2013
osifred: My picture is my contribution to topic
That is your contribution because you have a thick skull impervious to current realities. Devils that thrive on negativity even in the face of progress.
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by bokungi40: 3:04pm On Mar 10, 2013
We should not giveup. May be in the next ten years.
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by AMvanquish: 3:29pm On Mar 10, 2013

Speak for yourself! Do you know in most parts of the north. The power situation is just appaling. In kano, kaduna n katsina. There's a certain cable, people know it as "blue line".only the rich can afford. It goes for upwards of #1million. Ur neighbour can afford it n enjoy close to 20hrs power supply while others enjoy less than 6ix hours a day. It is the same PHCN that would charge and install it for them. So if u can't afford dat Power line, sorry 4 u. Haven't we been hearing the same projection of power for years. 7000mw @ d end of so so year! Next thing you hear there was a setback! Den u now hear 2013, 2015 and so on n on... All story, story n always stoooooory.

2 Likes

Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by NAJALYN: 3:53pm On Mar 10, 2013
I pray o!
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by Kakatazz(f): 4:05pm On Mar 10, 2013
I wonder myself.
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 10, 2013
I was discusing with a fellow software developer when he brought up this question.. "I wonder how productive we are gonna be if we ever have constant power supply" now I see this question pop up in my head every now and then. You can not say the power situation in Nigeria is improving just bcus u have 10hrs or 12hrs of power supply in ur street while @ the next street its total blackout. Truth is this we are still very very far from constant power! Nigeria is a failed state period

1 Like

Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Mar 10, 2013
9japipper: I was discusing with a fellow software developer when he brought up this question.. "I wonder how productive we are gonna be if we ever have constant power supply" now I see this question pop up in my head every now and then. You can not say the power situation in Nigeria is improving just bcus u have 10hrs or 12hrs of power supply in ur street while @ the next street its total blackout. Truth is this we are still very very far from constant power! Nigeria is a failed state period
You are a failed human being with no brains. How many threads have we had on this NL in the last year on state of power supply, in which at least 70% of forumers have reported IMPROVED power supply? Add that to the FACT of power generation having increased from 2400mw two years ago to 4.500mw today. Combine these two facts and it should be obvious EVEN TO A BUMBLING RETAR.D that there is steady improvement in supply. But no. Your negative, evil mindset will not let you put two and two together and tell the truth. Afterall power on YOUR street has not improved, so how can anyone dare claim that power supply in the NATION has improved? Self-centred, short-sighted wastrels.
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Mar 10, 2013
ROSSIKE: You are a failed human being with no brains. How many threads have we had on this NL in the last year on state of power supply, in which at least 70% of forumers have reported IMPROVED power supply? Add that to the FACT of power generation having increased from 2400mw two years ago to 4.500mw today. Combine these two facts and it should be obvious EVEN TO A BUMBLING RETAR.D that there is steady improvement in supply. But no. Your negative, evil mindset will not let you put two and two together and tell the truth. Afterall power on YOUR street has not improved, so how can anyone dare claim that power supply in the NATION has improved. Self-centred, short-sighted wastrels.
smh4u Thanks smiley

3 Likes

Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Mar 10, 2013
^^Shake your head for yourself (Not that it would help).
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by Reptyle(m): 5:05pm On Mar 10, 2013
ROSSIKE: ^^Shake your head for yourself (Not that it would help).

Oya we have noticed you. We have seen that you understand grammar and you are more foul-mouthed than a drunken seadog. Now run along and play with your toys and lieave the fthread for people who have something constructive to say.

3 Likes

Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by ninja4life(m): 5:07pm On Mar 10, 2013
Reptyle: We are still expecting some of the "magawatts" been freely distributed here on Nairaland to be shared to us in Satellite Town, Ojo, Lagos. sad
lol so u mean u ar being given free magas here
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Mar 10, 2013
Reptyle:

Oya we have noticed you. We have seen that you understand grammar and you are more foul-mouthed than a drunken seadog. Now run along and play with your toys and live the forum for people who have something constructive to say.

Sorry, YOU don't get to shoo out those of us who will tell you the TRUTH just because you're full of misery and spite, and wish to impart same on others regardless of the truth. If you LIE that there has been no power improvement in Nigeria, and call your lies ''constructive'', I will be here to SHUT YOU UP WITH THE TRUTH.
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by Reptyle(m): 5:14pm On Mar 10, 2013
ninja4life: lol so u mean u ar being given free magas here

Ah my brother what do you want me to say? Nairalanders in Surulere say they enjoy 28 hours of electricity everyday; the ones in Agbara say their own is 32 hours everyday. Rossike conducted a survey on Nairaland and found out that 70 per cent of Nairalanders enjoy constant electricity (or so he claims) I can only beg that they allow some of the magawatts from Surulere branch Satellite town on its way to Agbara now abi. We are really suffering in that area of Lagos. The only constant thing we receive here is the sun and the exorbitant and prompt NEPAL bills...those are always on time grin

1 Like

Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by BarryX(m): 5:15pm On Mar 10, 2013
For those trying to sound as if they love Nigeria more than all of us.. Don't derail the thread... Answer the question please....rule out the rhetorics and smell reality
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Mar 10, 2013
Bloody lying things. Instead of you to say ''well power has obviously improved nationwide but my area is yet to experience much improvement''.

THEN what you say will be respected.

But when you openly LIE, by saying ''There's been no improvement in the country! There's been no light on my street for 2 weeks'', then you are a selfish falsehood peddler with no interest of the NATION at heart, and you will be called out.
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by Reptyle(m): 5:19pm On Mar 10, 2013
ROSSIKE:

Sorry, YOU don't get to shoo out those of us who will tell you the TRUTH just because you're full of misery and spite, and wish to impart same on others regardless of the truth. If you LIE that there has been no power improvement in Nigeria, and call your lies ''constructive'', I will be here to SHUT YOU UP WITH THE TRUTH.

See! Even you can do it! You just managed to string 2 sentences together without calling me a "failed human being" or " bumbling retard." Clap for yourself! Now go back to practicing because you are not yet there. Too much anger in you my friend! grin

3 Likes

Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 10, 2013
Reptyle:

See! Even you can do it! You just managed to string 2 sentences together without calling me a "failed human being" or " bumbling retard." Clap for yourself! Now go back to practicing because you are not yet there. Too much anger in you my friend! grin

Sorry but I hate lies. I get angry at lies. If something is improving, admit it, even if you hate the ruler or the party in charge. Don't distort reality. Honesty is the best policy.
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by Reptyle(m): 5:22pm On Mar 10, 2013
ROSSIKE: Bloody lying things. Instead of you to say ''well power has obviously improved nationwide but my area is yet to experience much improvement''.

THEN what you say will be respected.

But when you openly LIE, by saying ''There's been no improvement in the country! There's been no light on my street for 2 weeks'', then you are a selfish falsehood peddler with no interest of the NATION at heart, and you will be called out.

Oops! I guess I spoke too soon! embarassed

I guess we are just going to have to keep ignoring you and your attempts to derail this thread lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Mar 10, 2013
Reptyle:

Oops! I guess I spoke too soon! embarassed

I guess we are just going to have to keep ignoring you and your attempts to derail this thread lipsrsealed

You cannot ignore me, as you've so clearly shown. My words bite because they are the truth.
Re: Will Our Generation Ever Witness Constant Power Supply? by BarryX(m): 5:47pm On Mar 10, 2013
ROSSIKE:

You cannot ignore me, as you've so clearly shown. My words bite because they are the truth.
And you seriously think so?? Truth ko Ruth ni....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Iroyin Ayo Ni Daora. / Bring Back My Money! My Horrible Ordeal With Arik Air - Ticket# 7252106963442 / PHOTO : BVN ( Bank Verification Number) = Mark Of The Beast?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.