Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,447 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Can You Marry An Illitrate - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry An Illitrate (2487 Views)

Can U Date Or Marry An Albino? / Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry An Illitrate by bigold(f): 6:54pm On Mar 23, 2008
To everybody in the house can u marry and illiterate if No WHY CANT U AND IF YES WHY
Re: Can You Marry An Illitrate by chinda3: 6:56pm On Mar 23, 2008
@poster
just out of curiosity,are u one?
Re: Can You Marry An Illitrate by Nobody: 7:13pm On Mar 23, 2008
I'm sorry, No lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Marry An Illitrate by Sisikill: 7:28pm On Mar 23, 2008
Where will I meet him? I mean how will our paths cross?

Stillwater, pls you don't have to apologize oh jare. What you want is what you want. . .no offense there.
Re: Can You Marry An Illitrate by chinda3: 7:33pm On Mar 23, 2008
Stillwater, please you don't have to apologize oh jare. What you want is what you want. . .no offense there.

yah ,y r u apologising,no be wetin u want u talk,abi u owe anybody explanation?
Re: Can You Marry An Illitrate by squirrel20(f): 7:34pm On Mar 23, 2008
i don't think so,
Re: Can You Marry An Illitrate by samyyoung1(m): 7:37pm On Mar 23, 2008
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssss, infact they r d best cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Can You Marry An Illitrate by squirrel20(f): 7:56pm On Mar 23, 2008
samy-young:

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssss, infact they r d best cool cool cool cool cool

REALLY
Re: Can You Marry An Illitrate by almondjoy(f): 8:42pm On Mar 23, 2008
The best I can do is a semi-automatic illiterate anyday. cheesy  Especially if it is a guy. . . something romantic about it like most of the guys on Nairaland! grin  Semi illiterates are like bush meats. . . . .seasoned and hickory smoked.  Local flavor, local color.  There is something really interesting about a dude that "shells" out a few grammatical errors and displays some kind of "country minded lack of sophistication" once in a while.

Nothing like a semi-illiterate with confidence jare! cool  They trip me well well! I will marry him fine fine!  No brushing up necessary!

Over educated dudes turn me off! angry So so grammar all over the place.  I can't deal with those, always trying to impress themselves.

A pure starky. . . . . .hell no! Bushmeat better pass those ones!
Re: Can You Marry An Illitrate by Gamine(f): 9:04pm On Mar 23, 2008
Illiterate
A class of a large, and growing, number of people, particularly children, who are unable to read or write.
Illiteracy is beginning to take over the United States of America. After seeing all those Hooked On Phonics advertisements,
I have concluded that the country is becoming more and more filled with illiterate brats who deserve a good slapping upside the head.

Apparently, illiteracy is so common that there is evidence of illiteracy in China (the world's #2 superpower). Illiterate children is said to be the result of lazy, irresponsible parents, therefore resulting in much lack of education. It's times like this that, although education sucks, it is very necessary.

If you had a kid who couldn't read a word, wouldn't you like to slap him upside the head too?

@Poster,No
Such a Stupido Q
Re: Can You Marry An Illitrate by tommyex(m): 9:18pm On Mar 23, 2008
ALMOND

'like most guys on NL?'
That sounds like a yab to me . . . .

Topic
No way,wont even date her
Re: Can You Marry An Illitrate by Bawss1(m): 10:21pm On Mar 23, 2008
Lmao when I saw this thread!! cheesy cheesy

Normally I don't think people will even think twice about not marrying an illitrate but offer a rich illitrate( a most unlikely mix right?) and see how views will change!!
Re: Can You Marry An Illitrate by Bawss1(m): 10:23pm On Mar 23, 2008
Gamine:

Illiterate

If you had a kid who couldn't read a word, wouldn't you like to slap him upside the head too?

@Poster,No
Such a Stupido Q

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Can You Marry An Illitrate by bigbumper(f): 10:35pm On Mar 23, 2008
Gamine:

Illiterate
A class of a large, and growing, number of people, particularly children, who are unable to read or write.
Illiteracy is beginning to take over the United States of America. After seeing all those Hooked On Phonics advertisements,
I have concluded that the country is becoming more and more filled with illiterate brats who deserve a good slapping upside the head.

Apparently, illiteracy is so common that there is evidence of illiteracy in China (the world's #2 superpower). Illiterate children is said to be the result of lazy, irresponsible parents, therefore resulting in much lack of education. It's times like this that, although education sucks, it is very necessary.

@Poster,No
Such a Stupido Q

I agree with u on this one 100%.
If illiteracy is the inability to read or write, then it is widely acceptable in so called "developed countries". Almost everyone, even down to celebrities and head of states are clamouring for the rights to the term "I AM DYSLEXIC", and like to wear it like a badge of honour.
Re: Can You Marry An Illitrate by bigbumper(f): 10:51pm On Mar 23, 2008
I once had this obnoxious friend who dumped his pregnant girlfriend because her mum sell clothes in Isale Eko, this same girl later went on to complete an access course for matured students, followed by a degree in Nursing all in the space of four years, and is now married to another decent guy.

As for my friend, I caught up with him seven years later and he told me he was doing an access course in law in order to be able to study Law degree, BECAUSE HE IS DATING THIS GIRL IN NIGERIA WHO IS STUDYING TO BE A DOCTOR.

Some men sha, AGBAYA OSI.
Re: Can You Marry An Illitrate by ariblaze(m): 10:56pm On Mar 23, 2008
nooooooo
Re: Can You Marry An Illitrate by Nobody: 11:20pm On Mar 23, 2008
lol, no lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Marry An Illitrate by somze(f): 11:28pm On Mar 23, 2008
what do you know about marriage? tongue
Abeg go siddon jare tongue grin
Re: Can You Marry An Illitrate by Nobody: 11:29pm On Mar 23, 2008
somze:

what do you know about marriage? tongue
Abeg go siddon jare tongue grin
*giggles* cheesy
Re: Can You Marry An Illitrate by somze(f): 11:31pm On Mar 23, 2008
How is Kano? wink
Re: Can You Marry An Illitrate by Nobody: 11:33pm On Mar 23, 2008
@somze
Kano is fine o, just fine grin hows lagos grin
Re: Can You Marry An Illitrate by somze(f): 11:34pm On Mar 23, 2008
Oh Lagos is terrible, I'm thinking of moving to Kano myself, just the way you did grin grin
Re: Can You Marry An Illitrate by Nobody: 11:37pm On Mar 23, 2008
hehehe, well dont waste any time jareee, oyaa come now cheesy
Re: Can You Marry An Illitrate by somze(f): 11:48pm On Mar 23, 2008
Naaaaa, I'd find it difficult to live where the weather is unpredicatable tongue grin
Re: Can You Marry An Illitrate by Nobody: 11:52pm On Mar 23, 2008
cheesy cheesy awwwww
Re: Can You Marry An Illitrate by manmustwac(m): 2:04am On Mar 24, 2008
Can i marry an illiterate? Why not, i once had a girlfriend who worked in a bar next door to my house. Things didn't workout though but thats nothing to do with her illiteracy. I could have married her, but we're still good friends till today.
Re: Can You Marry An Illitrate by bawomolo(m): 2:19am On Mar 24, 2008
why not, i could assist teaching her how to read or get her in some night classes.
Re: Can You Marry An Illitrate by iice(f): 3:02am On Mar 24, 2008
@Topic NO!
Re: Can You Marry An Illitrate by Nobody: 3:05am On Mar 24, 2008
WDH? like No!!!
Re: Can You Marry An Illitrate by almondjoy(f): 3:08am On Mar 24, 2008

tommyex (m)
FINSBURY PARK

Re: Can You Marry An Illitrate
« #10 on: Yesterday at 09:18:39 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ALMOND

'like most guys on Nairaland?'
That sounds like a yab to me . . . .

Topic
No way,wont even date her

The one you are dating now nko? cheesy  Na you sabi!

No wonder most people are still single.  Una go tey for this Nairaland I swear! grin 

Come tommy, what  do you think the Nigerian educational system is breeding these days?  Literate folks? cheesy  Get you a semi-illit.  They will keep you excited with the kind of things they say and do inside and outside the bedroom.

I have one myself! cheesy  Nothing but absolute pleasure! Any one that got a Nigerian education is definitely one. I consider ma self proudly one! cool

Sorry honey. . . you were not meant to see that! grin
Re: Can You Marry An Illitrate by TheSly: 3:31am On Mar 24, 2008
Can You Marry An Illitrate
A very big yes!!! a resounding one!! tongue

Be it illiterate or professional. . .

As long as shes a decent lady in the street! cool
A very good cook in tha kitchen. . . . cool
And a LovePeddler on bed. . . . . . . .me cool with that! . . . . . . . . . savvy? cheesy
Re: Can You Marry An Illitrate by Nobody: 4:08am On Mar 24, 2008
hmmmmmh lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Characteristics Of Your Average Naija Women! / Every Man I Become Close To Proposes To Me, Why? / Banging Tips On How To Make A Woman Fall In Love With You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.