Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC (11795 Views)

Another APC Lies Busted (pictorial Evidence Inside) / Another APC Member Killed In Rivers This Morning / Rivers Poll : Tribunal Strikes Out APC's Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by Maxymilliano(m): 10:10am On Mar 11, 2013
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has confirmed that a group, African Peoples Congress (APC), has approached it for registration as a political party.

The chief press secretary to the INEC chairman, My Kayode Idowu, who disclosed this to NEWSACROSS last night during a telephone interview, said that the group had filed an application for registration as a political party only last week.

He, however, added that the group must fulfill certain criteria before it can be registered.

When asked if the action of the group was meant to stall the registration of the opposition All Progressives Congress (APC), Idowu replied: “We don’t have any application from the All Progressives Congress with us, as the body is yet to approach us for registration.

http://www.newsacross.com/inec-confirms-another-groups-application-as-apc/
Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by MrGarri: 10:13am On Mar 11, 2013
Yes ooo!!

Its not a joke anymore, it's a fact:

PDP has merged with INEC...

We are watching....

cool cool cool

30 Likes

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by Maxymilliano(m): 10:23am On Mar 11, 2013
Nigerian politics!!! Can't help but laugh.

PDP, I carry yansh for una grin grin grin ...

7 Likes

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by eggheaders(m): 10:32am On Mar 11, 2013
pdp guys are bunch of coward nitwits.and to attairu jega it a disgrace how cheaply you selling your hard earned integrity.

8 Likes

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by Demdem(m): 10:35am On Mar 11, 2013
The killer party doing all it can to undermine the progressives. cool

7 Likes

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by PointB: 10:41am On Mar 11, 2013
Mr. Garri:
Yes ooo!!

We are watching....

cool cool cool

What kind of crap is this. So the INEC should refuse to consider a party which has sent it's applications, and choose rather to wait for people who are still fighting over logos and colors? Why do some of you folks have a warped sense of justice? Why is it only right when it favours you?

Guy,
Let me put it this way, All Progressive Congress has not applied for registration, but African Peoples Congress has. Please advice INEC.

43 Likes

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by omenka(m): 10:49am On Mar 11, 2013
PointB:

What kind of crap is this. So the INEC should refuse to consider a party which has sent it's applications, and choose rather to wait for people who are still fighting over logos and colors? Why do some of you folks have a warped sense of justice? Why is it only right when it favours you?

Guy,
Let me put it this way All Progressive Congress has not applied for registration, but African Peoples Congress has. Please advice INEC.

My source tells me the result of the scan shows a hollow space in ur skull. U need urgent help.

32 Likes

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by takedat(m): 10:53am On Mar 11, 2013
Only in Nigeria will the electoral umpire be an integral part of the ruling party. Obviously, the progress being made by the coalition party is rattling and unnerving PDP. They have resorted into smuggling a FACELESS party in order to frustrate the merger, yet they keep blathering about being the biggest party in Africa! Politics of Do or Die!

8 Likes

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by omenka(m): 10:53am On Mar 11, 2013
Every attempt or attempted attempt by the nest of killers to ruin the APC would only make pple more sympathetic to their course and make them stronger. The drunken fisherman and his co-travelers would never realize that.

See desperation!! Lol

9 Likes

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by Maxymilliano(m): 10:56am On Mar 11, 2013
PointB:

Guy,
Let me put it this way All Progressive Congress has not applied for registration, but African Peoples Congress has. Please advice INEC.

It will be tomfoolery for anyone to blame INEC.

7 Likes

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by dridowu: 10:58am On Mar 11, 2013
In the word of GEJ " we are going to set up committee that would look into the matter of those behind the formation of FAKE APC "

3 Likes

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by Walexz02(m): 11:00am On Mar 11, 2013
OMG!
Are you kidding me?
*I dey laugh in swahili*
Jeg abi na jega b dt man name sef? Hope he knws wt he is doing? 2015 is nt going to be a joke o! If dem no knw,una better yarn them tory*

2 Likes

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by PointB: 11:01am On Mar 11, 2013
omenka:

My source tells me the result of the scan shows a hollow space in ur skull. U need urgent help.

I bet your source is APC? Your source is a purveyor of fake and unregistered scanners! grin cheesy

19 Likes

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by Walexz02(m): 11:02am On Mar 11, 2013
omenka: Every attempt or attempted attempt by the nest of killers to ruin the APC would only make pple more sympathetic to their course and make them stronger. The drunken fisherman and his co-travelers would never realize that.

See desperation!! Lol
just imagine o!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by PointB: 11:04am On Mar 11, 2013
Maxymilliano:

Don't mind the clowns, instead of them to open a negotiation with the right APC (African Peoples Congress) or looking for get another name they are crying blue murder. Who told these jokers that party names win elections in Nigeria. Bunch of clowns.

11 Likes

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by Maxymilliano(m): 11:05am On Mar 11, 2013
take dat: Only in Nigeria will the electoral umpire be an integral part of the ruling party.

Politics aside Bro, care to elucidate on this part of your argument? From INEC account, there was no OFFICIAL record of any party with such acronym, should the application by the new group be denied even when it meets the necessary criteria?

And as confirmed by Kayode Idowu, INEC Press secretary, "We don’t have any application from the All Progressives Congress with us, as the body is yet to approach us for registration"...

6 Likes

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by Boazizzy08: 11:09am On Mar 11, 2013
though i support the formation of a new formidable alliance capable of keeping the ruling party on their toes, i don't think the PDP should be blamed for this development. after all politics remains a game of interest. and even the motive behind the merging of the parties in the initial place was to over smart or over shadow the PDP (which is part of the game). but in this case, i think the Merging APC should be blamed for their carelessness and unseriousness which its result is likely to impede on the success of the party, come 2015 elections.(because as far as am concerned, its going to be a setback on their progress). i think this goes a long way to show the magnitude of unserious characters in their camp.and i believe it should be a wake up call to all and sundry in the new arraignment.
Mr. Garri:
Yes ooo!!

We are watching....

cool cool cool

7 Likes

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by takedat(m): 11:11am On Mar 11, 2013
Maxymilliano:

My questions to you are, when did the FACELESS APC approach INEC? Why was it shrouded in secrecy for this long, knowing fully well that the coalition party had also chosen the same acronym? Why haven't we seen the movers of the other APC come out to lay claim to the acronym, since they were the first to approach INEC? Bro, all na Abracadabra of INEC and their puppeteer!

7 Likes

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by touchmehard: 11:16am On Mar 11, 2013
Nnaa mehn, this is so funny.
This is what the Tinubu/Buhari's APC should have done first instead of going about making noise and traveling to Borno state to spray money. This is simply a case of misplaced priorities. I think they've never heard the saying that goes thus: "First things first".
It serves them right. LOL. APC mmeeeeeh! tongue tongue tongue Ntoooooh! tongue tongue tongue

14 Likes

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by PaulJohn1: 11:18am On Mar 11, 2013
PointB:

Guy,

Wasn't it of recent parties were de-registered and others forced to merge for being too weak. Identify any position the Africas people's congress has won to be so strong enough even than parties that won a ward and were de-registered to have been registered with INEC.

Conspiracy

4 Likes

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by PointB: 11:18am On Mar 11, 2013
take dat: My questions to you are, when did the FACELESS APC approach INEC? Why was it shrouded in secrecy for this long, knowing fully well that the coalition party had also chosen the same acronym? Why haven't we seen the movers of the other APC come out to lay claim to the acronym, since they were the first to approach INEC? Bro, all na Abracadabra of INEC and their puppeteer!

Party are not registered on pages of newspapers or online forum. Anyone who wishes to register a party know exactly what to do. I don't think there is any law requiring them to publish their intention. For all we know, they might have been planning the registration before the merger even thought of a name. And their prudence neccessiated that they act now or lose their name.

The merging party can either approach them, or choose a different name. Party names don't win election anyway, so game on!

7 Likes

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by PointB: 11:24am On Mar 11, 2013
Paul John:

Wasn't it of recent parties were de-registered and others forced to merge for being too weak. Identify any position the Africas people's congress has won to be so strong enough even than parties that won a ward and were de-registered to have been registered with INEC.

Conspiracy

All Progress Congress (if I may use it) hasn't won any position/election either. So what's your point?

Anyway, if I must repeat it to you. African Peoples Congress like All Progressive Congress are both unregistered party. The former has applied for reregistration, while the later is still struggling with logo, while mouthing off. What would you have INEC do, oga?

6 Likes

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by touchmehard: 11:36am On Mar 11, 2013
take dat: My questions to you are, when did the FACELESS APC approach INEC? Why was it shrouded in secrecy for this long, knowing fully well that the coalition party had also chosen the same acronym? Why haven't we seen the movers of the other APC come out to lay claim to the acronym, since they were the first to approach INEC? Bro, all na Abracadabra of INEC and their puppeteer!

Do you know whether the faceless APC had since submitted their application long before Tinubu/Buhari's APC merged?
And do you think they are a bunch of noise-makers like your own APC for them to come out in the media to be joining issues with anybody? tongue

1 Like

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by PaulJohn1: 11:41am On Mar 11, 2013
PointB:

All Progress Congress (if I may use it) hasn't won any position/election either. So what's your point?

Anyway, if I must repeat it to you. African Peoples Congress like, All Progressive Congress are both unregistered party. The former has applied for reregistration, while the later is still struggling with logo, while mouthing off. What would you have INEC do, oga?

All progressives congress hasn't been registered and yes the 'APC' can be used by any party. You should know that when everything is set and the parties merging to form the APC have concluded, all positions these merging parties have won automatically belongs to the newly formed APC.
Also, the African people's congress is not qualified to be registered, this party is still the weakest party in Nigeria today, parties that have won at least a local government were de-registered for being too weak, while African people's congress was so strong even without any position presently on ground and was registered.
Isn't that funny?!

Even without using APC as it identity, no new party is qualified to be formed with the recent actions INEC took of parties de-registration, except sets of people who have won a position under an existing party are cropped out to form the party, which is not the case for 'African people's party.
But because it's 'APC' that was chosen, access granted. Lol

4 Likes

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by causewahala: 11:43am On Mar 11, 2013
Hmmmmn! PDP/INEC yaff succeeded in causing wahala ooooh!

No long thing, change party name and get registered pronto! Enough of the dilly-dallying already!

1 Like

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by PointB: 11:51am On Mar 11, 2013
Paul John:

All progressives congress hasn't been registered and yes the 'APC' can be used by any party. You should know that when everything is set and the parties merging to form the APC have concluded, all positions these merging parties have won automatically belongs to the newly formed APC.
Also, the African people's congress is not qualified to be registered, this party is still the weakest party in Nigeria today, parties that have won at least a local government were de-registered for being too weak, while African people's congress was so strong even without any position presently on ground and was registered.
Isn't that funny?!

Oga, stop reasoning with your co/ck. How do you expect as new party requesting registration to have won election? Is that the requisite for registration? In which country is that done? The reality remains that thet APC acronym is up for grabs. Let the party which first meet all the requirements have it.

I am doing debating this with you, something is definitely wrong with your thought process.

3 Likes

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by takedat(m): 11:57am On Mar 11, 2013
PointB:

Party are not registered on pages of newspapers or online forum. Anyone who wishes to register a party know exactly what to do. I don't think there is any law requiring them to publish their intention. For all we know, they might have been planning the registration before the merger even thought of a name. And their prudence neccessiated that they act now or lose their name.

The merging party can either approach them, or choose a different name. Party names don't win election anyway, so game on!
The parties involved in the coalition had earlier notified INEC of their intention to go into a merger. There are certain procedures/requirements to be fulfilled by the parties, before approaching INEC for a name change. During the course of fulfilling those requirements, they came up with a name so as to prove their seriousness and convince cynics of their readiness and true intention. Agreed that meeting the requirements requested by INEC would take time, there is nothing wrong if INEC called their attention to the other association requesting the same acronym as chosen by the coalition. The only thing wrong with it was the hush-hush manner the other party rushed to INEC. That was why I asked for the time and when the party approached INEC, and who the major movers of the party are. The desperation involved in packaging the other party, is the reason why some of us are crying foul!

There is nothing sacrosanct about APC, and like you said, party names don't win elections. I am sure the political actors involved in the coalition are savvy enough to have a Plan B and C. They are well aware that PDP will make moves to stymie the merger!

3 Likes

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by Nobody: 12:10pm On Mar 11, 2013
Y all dis insult on INEC? ts obvious dis might b some political game against Buhari's APC, bt blaiming INEC fo dis is thnkng like "area boys"

2 Likes

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by abrat: 12:10pm On Mar 11, 2013
Afrcan pples congress actually did the right thing. They are'nt noise makers

2 Likes

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by abrat: 12:10pm On Mar 11, 2013
Afrcan pples congress actually did the right thing. They are'nt noisemakers

2 Likes

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by takedat(m): 12:11pm On Mar 11, 2013
touch_me_hard:

Do you know whether the faceless APC had since submitted their application long before Tinubu/Buhari's APC merged?
And do you think they are a bunch of noise-makers like your own APC for them to come out in the media to be joining issues with anybody? tongue
Slow your roll! If the FACELESS APC had long submitted their application to INEC before the merger came to be, why didn't INEC as a neutral umpire immediately informed the coalition party when they came out with the communique of forming APC, that there is an existing application for the same acronym as picked by the merger? INEC cannot claim it wasn't notified by the respective parties in the coalition of their intention to go into a merger, so why wait for weeks before making it known to them? Since 7th of February, INEC just saw the need to call their attention to it on the 10th of March after all the publicity! What a Mockery of institutional incompetence!

5 Likes

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by PointB: 12:28pm On Mar 11, 2013
take dat: The parties involved in the coalition had earlier notified INEC of their intention to go into a merger. There are certain procedures/requirements to be fulfilled by the parties, before approaching INEC for a name change. During the course of fulfilling those requirements, they came up with a name so as to prove their seriousness and convince cynics of their readiness and true intention. Agreed that meeting the requirements requested by INEC would take time, there is nothing wrong if INEC called their attention to the other association requesting the same acronym as chosen by the coalition. The only thing wrong with it was the hush-hush manner the other party rushed to INEC. That was why I asked for the time and when the party approached INEC, and who the major movers of the party are. The desperation involved in packaging the other party, is the reason why some of us are crying foul!

There is nothing sacrosanct about APC, and like you said, party names don't win elections. I am sure the political actors involved in the coalition are savvy enough to have a Plan B and C. They are well aware that PDP will make moves to stymie the merger!

The only way a party can notify INEC of its intention is by applying for registration. I dont thing INEC should be reserving name for any party, when it should be first come first serve. Reserving name for some party bestows undue advantage. Informing other interested party that a name has been reserved is therefore out of the question. For all we know, the other party might be pranksters or groups of opportunistic individuals who are just trying to frustrate the merger, or make some money by selling the name. If however they meet the requirements, it will be unlawful for INEC to deny them registration, in the name of waiting for the merger to finalise their endless debate on logos, and whats not. The mergers failed to do the right thing at the right time. This is simply their fault; blame not INEC or the opposition.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu’s Certificate: Forgery Allegations Baseless, Says Keyamo / Stop The Inclusion Of Delta State As Part Of Biafra - State Govt / Governor El-Rufai Celebrates Kaduna At 100 With Gala Dinner (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.