Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,313 members, 7,839,506 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC (11806 Views)

Another APC Lies Busted (pictorial Evidence Inside) / Another APC Member Killed In Rivers This Morning / Rivers Poll : Tribunal Strikes Out APC's Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by PaulJohn1: 12:29pm On Mar 11, 2013
All progressives congress obviously has everything to meet up with any prerequisite for registration being laid down by INEC that are way more reasonable and authentic than anything "African People's party" can present. But it's obvious some rules are going to be with-held, if not the PDP wouldn't have wasted it time forming another 'APC' to frustrate the effort of the real 'APC'-All progressives congress.

This late hour that Democracy is just starting to be effective, some evil minded cabals who have been benefiting from the undemocratic system we've been running are desperately interested in terminating it. Wish they're not successful in their plot

1 Like

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by MurphyT1: 12:39pm On Mar 11, 2013
Nigerians just know how to make a mountain from a negligible piece...that APC has registered or officially told INEC of their interest, is dat a prob? does it matter which of the APC it is? all wot we shud be concern with now is the credebility of whoeva emerges as the president in 2015...probably som pple r just concerned becos it isnt de Buharis, tinubus and elrufais that submitted the appliction...is de any law dat states dat APC Should only be used by these set of people?afterall i learnt they were stl fighting over logo, flag and funding, de shud take some time to tidy their house before coming out cos i know that particular merging is a merging of interests, when the chips are down, all will be brought to fore, letz just wait and see...meanwhile any body can decide to use APC not necessarily thoes that make plenty noise in the media.

2 Likes

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by PointB: 12:42pm On Mar 11, 2013
take dat: Slow your roll! If the FACELESS APC had long submitted their application to INEC before the merger came to be, why didn't INEC as a neutral umpire immediately informed the coalition party when they came out with the communique of forming APC, that there is an existing application for the same acronym as picked by the merger? INEC cannot claim it wasn't notified by the respective parties in the coalition of their intention to go into a merger, so why wait for weeks before making it known to them? Since 7th of February, INEC just saw the need to call their attention to it on the 10th of March after all the publicity! What a Mockery of institutional incompetence!

Anyway from another thread:

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has confirmed that a group, African Peoples Congress (APC), has approached it for registration as a political party.

The chief press secretary to the INEC chairman, My Kayode Idowu, who disclosed this to NEWSACROSS last night during a telephone interview, said that the group had filed an application for registration as a political party only last week.

He, however, added that the group must fulfill certain criteria before it can be registered.

When asked if the action of the group was meant to stall the registration of the opposition All Progressives Congress (APC), Idowu replied: “We don’t have any application from the All Progressives Congress with us, as the body is yet to approach us for registration.

My documents are ready. I have a better chance of registering a party as All Patriots Congress (APC) than All Progressives Congress have of registering theirs. cheesy grin grin
All Progressives Congress is simply not serious!

1 Like

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by touchmehard: 12:51pm On Mar 11, 2013
take dat: Slow your roll! If the FACELESS APC had long submitted their application to INEC before the merger came to be, why didn't INEC as a neutral umpire immediately informed the coalition party when they came out with the communique of forming APC, that there is an existing application for the same acronym as picked by the merger? INEC cannot claim it wasn't notified by the respective parties in the coalition of their intention to go into a merger, so why wait for weeks before making it known to them? Since 7th of February, INEC just saw the need to call their attention to it on the 10th of March after all the publicity! What a Mockery of institutional incompetence!

I can see you didn't read this part of the thread:

When asked if the action of the group was meant to stall the registration of the opposition All Progressives Congress (APC), Idowu replied: “We don’t have any application from the All Progressives Congress with us, as the body is yet to approach us for registration.

1 Like

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by nduchucks: 12:54pm On Mar 11, 2013
This reminds me of my days as a student in the USA when we used to register domain names for a few dollars and sell them for thousands of dollars. Oyinbo spoil market by introducing dot net, dot co e.t.c

This group don hit jackpot, maga must pay.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/229503_ROFLMAODog_gif3fa44b12f55ba64fc785c3a5794ba92e

2 Likes

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by PointB: 12:57pm On Mar 11, 2013
ndu_chucks: This reminds me of my days as a student in the USA when we used to register domain names for a few dollars and sell them for thousands of dollars. Oyinbo spoil market by introducing dot net, dot co e.t.c

www.nairaland.com/attachments/229503_ROFLMAODog_gif3fa44b12f55ba64fc785c3a5794ba92e

I agree with you, aboki. Maga must pay! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by gramci: 1:01pm On Mar 11, 2013
ndu_chucks: This reminds me of my days as a student in the USA when we used to register domain names for a few dollars and sell them for thousands of dollars. Oyinbo spoil market by introducing dot net, dot co e.t.c

Very smart move, APC2 will have to settle APC1 or get another name. Chikena cheesy

1 Like

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by ypzilanti: 1:14pm On Mar 11, 2013
Well, APC should have filed a notice at CAC, trademarking the name. grin

One sharp guy has screwed them over.

1 Like

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by PapaBrowne(m): 1:16pm On Mar 11, 2013
INEC should not be accused for the foolishness of All Peoples Congress(apc). If they arent wise enough to trademark that name before announcing it, then they would never govern us wisely.
In business, somethings are kept secret until you have locked down and protected yourself well enough against competition. If All Peoples Congress(apc) announced a name without registering it, they their foolishness is not the fault of anybody.

Strategic thinkers would outwit you before you wake up and that's what whoever registered the new name has done to this unintelligent gathering of politicians called All People's Congress(apc)! By the way, the newly registered party was even nice enough not to apply for the name All People's Congress.

African Peoples Congress you are welcome on board!! This is democracy where everybody should be allowed as long as they meet the stipulations!Once again welcome African Peoples Congress(APC)

All Peoples Congress(apc)

African Peoples Congress(APC)

3 Likes

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by takedat(m): 1:17pm On Mar 11, 2013
Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by lekkie073(m): 1:19pm On Mar 11, 2013
this is what we call...politics! all about strategies of killing the morale of the other party...interesting grin grin

1 Like

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by 2rutalk1: 1:20pm On Mar 11, 2013
I am not a fan of PDP but Tinubu, Buhari and their cohorts made a very childish mistake. Have they forgotten that it is "politics"? Nigeria for that matter. This is what pride can beget. PDP is a secret society with bunch of criminals so they have every strategy to outsmart their opponents. "APC" oya lets reverse to CAP = Congress for All Progressives. Backward never.
Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by Orikinla(m): 1:23pm On Mar 11, 2013
Our revolution will be live on the CNN.
Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by omiobo: 1:25pm On Mar 11, 2013
INEC is not to be blamed. APC should expect anything from PDP. if APC is yet to submit application for documentation that does not mean any group wishing to take up APC should not do so.
APC no dulling
Still APC all the way! Whichever way is a way.
Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by theripper: 1:26pm On Mar 11, 2013
Tinubu go don knack head for wall now. Well, u see wetin too much talk-talk dey cause? Bunch of rabblerousers

3 Likes

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by OneNaira6: 1:32pm On Mar 11, 2013
Lmfao and for long I thought the APC aka opposition party aka supposedly Nigeria saver was a political party recognized by the Nigerian government. So from what I gathered, the amount of hours, days, and weeks they put on here and the media, trying to spread their name and trying to get support, not once did it cross their mind to register themselves. Something that should have been the first thing they did after their merge. I laugh in nigeria. Common register they can't even do correctly, slogan they are fighting over, hand picking who will run based solely on regions as oppose to qualification and this is the so called saver of Nigeria. I wonder why their supporters call GEJ a r3tard because it is obvious the political party leaders they support are the more r3tarded ones

4 Likes

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by Policewoman(f): 1:38pm On Mar 11, 2013
THE BEGINNING OF THE END FOR THE BOKOHARAM-Yoruba ALLIANCE...... grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by MurphyT1: 1:42pm On Mar 11, 2013
Orikinla: Our revolution will be live on the CNN.

OUR? YOU AND WHO?
Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by lafuria1(m): 1:43pm On Mar 11, 2013
Inec playing a smart one, inec derigesters parties but saw no problem registering a new one. Pdp desparation
Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by BigChips: 1:44pm On Mar 11, 2013
Shebi PDP said they weren't afraid of APC. The party should change its name if its so.
Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by chucky234(m): 1:45pm On Mar 11, 2013
Why all the fight and quarrel,is APC the only available acronym.
What is so special about "APC" by the way,make una free INEC and Jega jare.
Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by talk2s(m): 1:46pm On Mar 11, 2013
omenka:

My source tells me the result of the scan shows a hollow space in ur skull. U need urgent help.

What a mediocre of a Human being are you.
The nonsense response given above how can it be substanciated.
The Guy you quoted gave reasons for his position, what are your reasons?
All you know is to call people names!

3 Likes

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by Dignitary: 1:48pm On Mar 11, 2013
PointB:

What kind of crap is this. So the INEC should refuse to consider a party which has sent it's applications, and choose rather to wait for people who are still fighting over logos and colors? Why do some of you folks have a warped sense of justice? Why is it only right when it favours you?

Guy,
Let me put it this way All Progressive Congress has not applied for registration, but African Peoples Congress has. Please advice INEC.

[color=#006600]You are one of the reasons why Nigeria is Nigeria!!! U know the colour is white but you are calling it black!!! Well, I know many paid political jobbers have infiltrated nairaland!!!

Have u bothered to ask yourself why this 'new applicants' want no other name apart from the APC that has made tremendous publicity of its intention to use APC!!!

Well, I'm not at all saying they don't have a legal right to take the acronymn APC BUT the obvious truth is; it's a clear case of PDP PLAYING DIRTY POLITICS!!!

MY MSG TO APC:

1. This shows the goliath (PDP) is scared...pls don't take the feets off the pedal
2. If they refuse to register you as APC....don't bother, Choose any other name....Nigerians (d majority) are solidly behind u
[/color]

1 Like

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by duality(m): 1:52pm On Mar 11, 2013
This is what you get when a political party use Nairaland to make strategic decisions. some of us know that the coalition party members come to nairaland to sample opinions before taking decisions. they have been bombarding us with threads of Possible candidates recently and other topics such as " PDP or APC, will you vote GEJ in 2015 etc. We know what they are doing. but I think the coalition should stop using nairaland to sample opinions and use their brains.

1 Like

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by chucky234(m): 1:54pm On Mar 11, 2013
Does it takes name or party acronym to win elections? If INEC says APC has been registered by another group then they should credibly choose another name with matching acronym,what wins elections are credible candidates and healthy party structure and not name.
We have had SDP and NRC in the past and were successful parties,what's damn so special about APC if I may ask.
Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by chucky234(m): 1:59pm On Mar 11, 2013
Dignitary:

[color=#006600]You are one of the reasons why Nigeria is Nigeria!!! U know the colour is white but you are calling it black!!! Well, I know many paid political jobbers have infiltrated nairaland!!!

Have u bothered to ask yourself why this 'new applicants' want no other name apart from the APC that has made tremendous publicity of its intention to use APC!!!

Well, I'm not at all saying they don't have a legal right to take the acronymn APC BUT the obvious truth is; it's a clear case of PDP PLAYING DIRTY POLITICS!!!

MY MSG TO APC:

1. This shows the goliath (PDP) is scared...pls don't take the feets off the pedal
2. If they refuse to register you as APC....don't bother, Choose any other name....Nigerians (d majority) are solidly behind u
[/color]
A wise group would have the party registered before making the name public,Tinubu and Buhari has always been retarded fellows.
Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by omenka(m): 2:03pm On Mar 11, 2013
PointB:

I bet your source is APC? Your source is a purveyor of fake and unregistered scanners! grin cheesy

I'd rather believe a fake scanner than a two bit conman who could sell his mother for a buck.
Even scan results arnt that cheap.
Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by blank(f): 2:12pm On Mar 11, 2013
Paul John:

All progressives congress hasn't been registered and yes the 'APC' can be used by any party. You should know that when everything is set and the parties merging to form the APC have concluded, all positions these merging parties have won automatically belongs to the newly formed APC.
Also, the African people's congress is not qualified to be registered, this party is still the weakest party in Nigeria today, parties that have won at least a local government were de-registered for being too weak, while African people's congress was so strong even without any position presently on ground and was registered.
Isn't that funny?!

Even without using APC as it identity, no new party is qualified to be formed with the recent actions INEC took of parties de-registration, except sets of people who have won a position under an existing party are cropped out to form the party, which is not the case for 'African people's party.
But because it's 'APC' that was chosen, access granted. Lol

Are you high? Have you read the Electoral Act that states the conditions that a new party needs to fulfil for them to be registered? Where is it stated that you have to have won an election? Can you even stand for election if you are not a member of a registered party? Keep talking through your ass maybe it will change the electoral law.

All groups have a chance of being a registered party by fulfilling some stated requirements. Keeping the party status is a different matter entirely.

1 Like

Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by franchizy(m): 2:15pm On Mar 11, 2013
The nagging as well as the challenging questions are this
1. Will dis exchange of blames and accusations bring rays of light in d midst of our predicaments.
2. Is it true that at the end one party will remain blameless and the other blameworthy.
Here u are entitled to ur own opinion but know it that the God who created us witout us cannot save us witout us and God help those who help themselves.
Tell me in a country where the blessings of God ve been turned to a curse, why souldnt there be misery and corruption. In a country where God ve been dethroned 4 materialistic pursuit, how can we see peace.
Although I feel a cospiracy by the PDP in dis issue but I wud suggest that the coalition party (APC) shud use a plan B and effect there merger to put d PDP to shame.
Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by anonimi: 2:17pm On Mar 11, 2013
take dat: Section 84 of the Electoral Act, as amended, states that: "Any two or more registered political parties may merge on approval by the commission following a formal request presented to by the political parties for that purpose."

(2) Political Parties intending to merge
shall each give to the Commission 90
days NOTICE OF THEIR INTENTION to do so before a general election.

I agree that they are yet to send a written request to INEC for the merger, but to say INEC wasn't aware of it is false. The press secretary to the chairman of INEC also welcomed the merger when it was announced.

"INEC welcomed the merger of the
opposition parties, stating that they are
within the 90 days stipulated by the
Electoral Act (2010) as amended."
www.thisdaylive.com/articles/opposition-parties-float-all-progressive-congress/138684/

Oga na why you dey yarn like person wey nor sabi read sam sam
Anyway, no surprise there as na so so agbero, area boys, almajiris and touts dem full ACN and CPC fighting in legislative houses all over the country and bombing innocent christians away.
Can you show us where the Tinubu and Ayatollah Mujahideen Buhari coalition gave FORMAL NOTIFICATION to the Independent National Electoral Commission as per the laws you yourself quoted above?

la furia: Inec playing a smart one, inec derigesters parties but saw no problem registering a new one. Pdp desparation

Please show where in the OP's story that the new APC was registerd. Smart guys, maybe young like you, have pulled a fast one on the slowpokes in APC and all you see is PDP. Na wa for you oh!
All this propaganda won't work any more except with the dullards who are queueing up behind the touts in the newspaper notification APC.
If APC is no longer available they can try Phensic or Panadol grin grin
Re: Another APC Application Confirmed By INEC by HAH: 2:18pm On Mar 11, 2013
To me I am after their ideology not name the progressive can chose any other name and I believe progressive Nigerians are with them.

PDP is snking and using every strategy. In alliance with inec to frustrate the progressives, I won't work

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yemi Osibanjo Accused Of Rape & Corruption On Facebook / 52 Northern Groups Convene Security Meeting In Kaduna / Coffin Dealer Feigns Kidnap, Demands Ransom From Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.