Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,819 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France - Education (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France (78776 Views)

2014 PTDF Overseas Masters Scholarship Result is out / University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread / 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarship Scheme For Msc, Phd And Undergraduate Programmes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 5:20pm On Aug 06, 2014
What's the plan for Abuja?
Na flight abi na bus? Lol
How far BH activities? LMAO
Na wa o!
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Napolitano14: 6:04pm On Aug 06, 2014
Guess there will be TP allowee? Afterall it is oil money
Meanwhile there is official mail from PTDF. Guys can check their mail for message from TC Arugu
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 10:07pm On Aug 06, 2014
Yeah, I received the mail too.
It also contained the link for us to input our admission info.
But they didn't state if they granted our courses that are different from the awarded courses, yet they rendered strict warning about sticking to the listed courses and schools.
I'm confused.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by majestic8855: 10:22pm On Aug 06, 2014
From the mail , we r asked to provide ptdf pin, is it the pin and also a slot for username and pasword. I am confused ooo
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by manaja87: 10:29pm On Aug 06, 2014
catchdwind4rmkd: Yeah, I received the mail too.
It also contained the link for us to input our admission info.
But they didn't state if they granted our courses that are different from the awarded courses, yet they rendered strict warning about sticking to the listed courses and schools.
I'm confused.
Their major concern is the schools, not the courses. Once u have ur offer from one of the schools listed, u're in business!
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 11:19pm On Aug 06, 2014
manaja87:
Their major concern is the schools, not the courses. Once u have ur offer from one of the schools listed, u're in business!

Are you sure?
That's really good news!
Well, I'll give call tomorrow coz the mail didn't also confirm that we should arrive at the venue of the 10th as earlier advised.
Gotto be clear on this.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by manaja87: 5:24am On Aug 07, 2014
catchdwind4rmkd:

Are you sure?
That's really good news!
Well, I'll give call tomorrow coz the mail didn't also confirm that we should arrive at the venue of the 10th as earlier advised.
Gotto be clear on this.
Yeah! That was what they told me but u need to also call them to confirm it.

1 Like

Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by greatdave(m): 7:06pm On Aug 07, 2014
There's gotta be a way PTDF can reslove this english language requirement dem Unis be asking for. Its Nigeria! We were colonized by the UK! We're part of the Commonwealth for Pete's sake!! angry
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 8:06pm On Aug 07, 2014
greatdave: There's gotta be a way PTDF can reslove this english language requirement dem Unis be asking for. Its Nigeria! We were colonized by the UK! We're part of the Commonwealth for Pete's sake!! angry

DON'T TELL ME U DIDN'T DO AS ADVISED HERE EARLIER!
IF U CAN FIND A WAY TO RESOLVE IT, HOW & WHY WILL PTDF DO SAME?
I PRAY & HOPE PTDF FINDS A WAY TO RESOLVE IT LIKE YOU SAID.
BUT I'LL BE MORE GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOU TRIED TO REGISTER FOR IELTS OR TOEFL, AND U ALSO TRIED TO APPLY TO OTHER SCHOOLS TO SEE IF ONE CAN OFFER YOU A GOOD COURSE WITH UR AVAILABLE CREDENTIALS.
REMEMBER THAT ENGLISH LANGUAGE WAS A REQUIREMENT DURING THE PTDF APPLICATION PROCESS, AND THEY ALSO SUGGESTED TOELF & IELTS FOR THOSE WHO COULDN'T MEET THE ENGLISH REQUIREMENT.

SO, I THINK IT'S NOT WISE TO WAIT ON PTDF UNLESS YOU INTEND TO DEFER THE SCHOLARSHIP TO NEXT YEAR WHEN YOU MUST HAVE GOTTEN YOUR TOEFL. I KNOW IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT, COZ THE LIST WAS RELEASED LATE, BUT YOU SHOULD PUT NIN YOUR BEST COZ THE EARLIER THE BETTER.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by greatdave(m): 8:21pm On Aug 07, 2014
catchdwind4rmkd:

DON'T TELL ME U DIDN'T DO AS ADVISED HERE EARLIER!
IF U CAN FIND A WAY TO RESOLVE IT, HOW & WHY WILL PTDF DO SAME?
I PRAY & HOPE PTDF FINDS A WAY TO RESOLVE IT LIKE YOU SAID.
BUT I'LL BE MORE GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOU TRIED TO REGISTER FOR IELTS OR TOEFL, AND U ALSO TRIED TO APPLY TO OTHER SCHOOLS TO SEE IF ONE CAN OFFER YOU A GOOD COURSE WITH UR AVAILABLE CREDENTIALS.
REMEMBER THAT ENGLISH LANGUAGE WAS A REQUIREMENT DURING THE PTDF APPLICATION PROCESS, AND THEY ALSO SUGGESTED TOELF & IELTS FOR THOSE WHO COULDN'T MEET THE ENGLISH REQUIREMENT.

SO, I THINK IT'S NOT WISE TO WAIT ON PTDF UNLESS YOU INTEND TO DEFER THE SCHOLARSHIP TO NEXT YEAR WHEN YOU MUST HAVE GOTTEN YOUR TOEFL. I KNOW IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT, COZ THE LIST WAS RELEASED LATE, BUT YOU SHOULD PUT NIN YOUR BEST COZ THE EARLIER THE BETTER.

Tnx for ur input bros...I don d̶̲̥̅̊ĕƔ find 38k for IELTS! Haven't heard from the other skuls I applied to. Trying to apply to more skuls at this stage and time...how workable?
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Napolitano14: 9:01pm On Aug 07, 2014
PTDF have been sending award letters to schools but till this moment, my school have not received it. Anyone in my shoe? I need the CAS to fast track many things oooo!!!
@Catchwind4rmkd how far?
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by proteus1: 9:38pm On Aug 07, 2014
Hi everyone, have anyone been confirmed from various universities upon receiving a funding letter from PTDF?...Meanwhile hoping to see all the successful candidates @ Chida hotel on
sunday.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 12:07am On Aug 08, 2014
The wait is still on...

@Greatdave: we pray you eventually get something good out of ur tries.
@Napolitano14: What's the source of your news? They've been sending us mail to provide details so they can process it. When did u fill urs online coz I jst did mine today? I tried calling PTDF but they missed all 6 tries. So, I just had to fill in the form with Drilling and Well Engineering which was my course of choice and the one that I sent to them, but not the course I was awarded the scholarship. The last time I called, they said they would contact me if they have a concern with my admission offer, so since they didn't I assume they're ok with it. I won't like to be left out when others are processing their Visas during the induction, so I had to fill in mine. I really pray to God that they send the proof letter to the school.
@Proteus1: No news bro. We'll all eventually meet

2 Likes

Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by churky01: 8:12pm On Aug 08, 2014
Please somebody who has filled the form online, kindly educate us on the credentials to use in accessing the scholars' portal link that was sent to us after submitting admission letters.
That is, what should I use as Username: and Password:
Thanks guys for usual prompt response.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by proteus1: 11:36pm On Aug 08, 2014
@churky...same challenge I had too
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by manaja87: 5:37am On Aug 09, 2014
Received my proof of funding/letter of sponsorship from ptdf just now.
Guys, please check your mails!

2 Likes

Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by buzor01: 5:42am On Aug 09, 2014
I just got my award letter too

1 Like

Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Nobody: 8:20am On Aug 09, 2014
Me too. But the strange thing is they sent it to the norwegian university that i got admission. Which means they re transfering the scholarship to the norwegian program. Menh im so thankful to God.

2 Likes

Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by silouette: 8:33am On Aug 09, 2014
Guys I'm trying to not get worried.

My school UCL has still not made a decision on my application and it usually takes them 6 weeks to do so even though I tried contacting them to fast track the process.

That means I should be expecting their response by the end of August.

Because of this I was unable to fill the form sent to our emails.

Which also means I won't get an award letter soon.

I plan to speak with PTDF on this during the induction.

I'll appreciate any advice or suggestions from you all.

Thanks.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by churky01: 9:06am On Aug 09, 2014
proteus1: @churky...same challenge I had too

Proteus1 so what did you do about the log in credentials.

Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by proteus1: 9:36am On Aug 09, 2014
[quote author=churky01][/quote]
@ churky01...still haven't had any head way about the login ish...but anyway I think is not necessary
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 10:08am On Aug 09, 2014
proteus1:
@ churky01...still haven't had any head way about the login ish...but anyway I think is not necessary

Sorry I didn't see this earlier.

YOU DON'T NEED TO LOGIN, SO U DON'T NEED ANY USERNAME AND/OR PASSWORD.

JUST CLICK ON THE LINK WHICH WILL TAKE YOU TO THE SITE, FILL IN THE REQUIRED DATA AND CLICK SUBMIT, THAT'S ALL. YOU DON'T NEED LOGIN INFORMATION.

I HAVE RECEIVED PROOF OS SPONSORSHIP AND IT WAS ALSO SENT TO RGU BY PTDF.

BEST WISHES ALL.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by churky01: 12:09pm On Aug 09, 2014
@catchdwind4rmkd
I am wondering if they sent a different link for MSc and PhD, I am PhD and the first thing on the link they sent to me is space to fill in username and password. Would you please publish the link they sent to you let me check if its the same as the one they sent to me. Thanks dude.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier.

YOU DON'T NEED TO LOGIN, SO U DON'T NEED ANY USERNAME AND/OR PASSWORD.

JUST CLICK ON THE LINK WHICH WILL TAKE YOU TO THE SITE, FILL IN THE REQUIRED DATA AND CLICK SUBMIT, THAT'S ALL. YOU DON'T NEED LOGIN INFORMATION.

I HAVE RECEIVED PROOF OS SPONSORSHIP AND IT WAS ALSO SENT TO RGU BY PTDF.

BEST WISHES ALL.[/quote]
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by proteus1: 8:48pm On Aug 10, 2014
Hi everyone, please is they anyone that got an offer from the university of sheffield..I wouldn't mind if we could meet up. Thanks
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by abbakacici: 11:16am On Aug 11, 2014
silouette: Guys I'm trying to not get worried.

My school UCL has still not made a decision on my application and it usually takes them 6 weeks to do so even though I tried contacting them to fast track the process.

That means I should be expecting their response by the end of August.

Because of this I was unable to fill the form sent to our emails.

Which also means I won't get an award letter soon.

I plan to speak with PTDF on this during the induction.

I'll appreciate any advice or suggestions from you all.

Thanks.
why not try other Russel Group universities, if to said God forbid they reject your Admission than by september you need to start a fresh you would even try other good universities outside the Russel group like Kent or Edinburgh etc. you have nothing to loses because most Uk have free admission, with less than 3k you can apply to as many universities as possible the only undersize is that you need to paraphrase your personal statement alot

Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by abbakacici: 11:17am On Aug 11, 2014
[/quote][quote author=abbakacici]
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by DMainMan: 4:20pm On Aug 17, 2014
JOIN 2014/2015 PTDF OSS SCHOLARS FACEBOOK GROUP:

https://m./1528652540682893?view=info&ssc=0&_rdr

It is a closed group. Only successful PTDF 2014/2015 Overseas Scholars would be granted access so security is guaranteed. Also, only Fellow scholars would b able to see your profile and not the public. So your identity is more than safe. Only members would b able to c your posts and the following:

BENEFITS

a. Vital information would be passed. i.e date of visa interview and biometrics.

b. Information on how to solve and process Visa by PTDF for those without CAS.

c. Information on UK University that still accepts admission. - For those who havent gotten admission

d. Easy discussion and networking things

e. Information on Job opportunities/vacancies when u are in the UK. Who knows u can land ur dream job. Companies come to check students especially on Open day. Make sure u ar in top 10% of ur class

f. Information on job aptitude tests and interview materials.

g. It is an avenue to connect with one anoda and help each other in the UK.

AND MANY MORE........

Do not defer your admission. Past Ptdf scholars that did it lost out. There is very little chance of obtaining it back.

Enjoy urselves people!

1 Like

Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 18, 2014
DMainMan: JOIN 2014/2015 PTDF OSS SCHOLARS FACEBOOK GROUP:

https://m./1528652540682893?view=info&ssc=0&_rdr

It is a closed group. Only successful PTDF 2014/2015 Overseas Scholars would be granted access so security is guaranteed. Also, only Fellow scholars would b able to see your profile and not the public. So your identity is more than safe. Only members would b able to c your posts and the following:

BENEFITS

a. Vital information would be passed. i.e date of visa interview and biometrics.

b. Information on how to solve and process Visa by PTDF for those without CAS.

c. Information on UK University that still accepts admission. - For those who havent gotten admission

d. Easy discussion and networking things

e. Information on Job opportunities/vacancies when u are in the UK. Who knows u can land ur dream job. Companies come to check students especially on Open day. Make sure u ar in top 10% of ur class

f. Information on job aptitude tests and interview materials.

g. It is an avenue to connect with one anoda and help each other in the UK.

AND MANY MORE........

Do not defer your admission. Past Ptdf scholars that did it lost out. There is very little chance of obtaining it back.

Enjoy urselves people!

noted.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 6:49am On Aug 22, 2014
Seems like we're all on suspense pending to hear from our sponsors.

Just to keep the thread alive. grin
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 22, 2014
;Dit is well......just pack ur bag naaa and say ur byes.......... grin

1 Like

Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by DMainMan: 3:08am On Sep 02, 2014
COMING SOON BY DMAINMAN FOUNDATION

Shortcut techniques in solving Dragnet/
SHL Numerical Reasoning test

Free New SHL Past question (Numerical
and Verbal Reasoning) used in last PWC
and NLNG Recruitment

Come here for more information:

https://www.nairaland.com/1883541/coming-soon-dmainman-foundation#25954040

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Izontubo(m): 2:38pm On Sep 18, 2014
please house i just recieved an inbox message via sms...from ptdf..from a man called mr aguru...is it a scam message or its for real??...please i need every ones attention...i want to be sure....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures). / University Of Abuja Rusticates Cyprian Igwe For A Post He Made On WhatsApp Group / How Catholic Seminarians Write Examination (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.