Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France - Education (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France (78794 Views)

2014 PTDF Overseas Masters Scholarship Result is out / University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread / 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarship Scheme For Msc, Phd And Undergraduate Programmes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by lazinc(m): 11:59pm On Aug 01, 2014
catchdwind4rmkd: Guy, you're doing a great job here.
You've been really helpful.
Though you're getting me nervous all over with the VISA and ACCOMMODATION comments.
I have already done your advice about sending the list of successful candidates at the PTDF website.
Manchester accepted it easily like you said but that's because they saw the university name against my name on the list.
But RGU didn't accept it, they need an award letter which should be a confirmation that PTDf has accepted the request for change of course since the course I was applying for didn't even appear in the list of sponsored courses. And, I don't even wanna go far with Manchester coz I really don't prefer that.
I'm still trying to convince them to process and send me the CAS.

Hey! I'm not trying to scare you o. Just making sure the whole processes go flawless without any itch. I'm not surprise for Manchester Uni, alot of PTDF scholars go to Manchester.
If you're very interested in going to RGU for the drilling and Well Enginering, I may want to offer my assistance to make sure you get your offer letter by next week. You can PM me the name of the person that is corresponding to you. I'll help you follow up next week and lets see how it goes from there.
If I may ask, what course did you apply for in Manchy? ACSE?

Best of luck
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by manaja87: 5:46am On Aug 02, 2014
I'm currently holding 3 offer of admissions out of which 2 are conditional offers from newcastle and manchester. The remaining 1 is an uncondtional offer from university of derby. I have contacted manchester and newcastle to see if they can change my offer to uncondtional but they both said I must provide an IELTS results which I do not have right now.
Guys, what do u suggest I should do. Thanks!
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 8:26am On Aug 02, 2014
lazinc:

Hey! I'm not trying to scare you o. Just making sure the whole processes go flawless without any itch. I'm not surprise for Manchester Uni, alot of PTDF scholars go to Manchester.
If you're very interested in going to RGU for the drilling and Well Enginering, I may want to offer my assistance to make sure you get your offer letter by next week. You can PM me the name of the person that is corresponding to you. I'll help you follow up next week and lets see how it goes from there.
If I may ask, what course did you apply for in Manchy? ACSE?

Best of luck

That's awesome bro! Thanks for the helping hand here!
I'm not having it easy using the PM here on nairaland. So, I'll just go direct here.
I already have a CONDITIONAL OFFER for MSc, Drilling and Well Engineering at RGU.
The condition of the offer is 40% upfront payment which amounts to GBP 7,400. This is what is preventing them from processing my CAS as claimed.
However, they said they'll only take off that condition IFF I send an evidence or proof of sponsorship in the form of an award letter.
I haven't got a specific correspondent from them. They only contact me via general admission mail:
Postgraduate Admissions Office
PGOffice@rgu.ac.uk
Tel: 01224 262209
However, I noticed the offer letter was signed by:
Will Lind
Postgraduate Admissions Officer
I applied for Refinery Design and Operation which has now been renamed to Advanced Process Design and Integration at Manchester University.
I'll be glad if you can be of assistance in RGU.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 8:47am On Aug 02, 2014
manaja87: I'm currently holding 3 offer of admissions out of which 2 are conditional offers from newcastle and manchester. The remaining 1 is an uncondtional offer from university of derby. I have contacted manchester and newcastle to see if they can change my offer to uncondtional but they both said I must provide an IELTS results which I do not have right now.
Guys, what do u suggest I should do. Thanks!

Bro,
your case is really serious o! There's no way those schools will change your offer without IELTS or TOEFL pass score. Some schools accept A, B or C in WAEC. So, if u have that, u can try presenting ur case with ur SSCE English grades.
However, your best bet would have been to get IELTS or TOEFL which my brother is already very late coz it takes 2weeks to release scores after exam, and I doubt if there's any upcoming TOEFL or IELTS test in Nigeria.
Rather than fold your hands begging and hoping for Newcastle and Manchester to change your offer condition, you may want to check out TOEFL and IELTS sites for available test dates before September start, and apply for the earliest date even if it means paying the late registration fee, that's if you have the money and you actually wanna go for your MSc this year.
Again, you must not just go for any MSc because any school gave you admission; you must be sure that you're going for the right course.
What was your PTDF offered course and school? What's your desired course and school? What's the offer given by Derby?
You really need to start working out something!
Try applying to other PTDF listed universities and follow up with them as to urgency, ensuring that you print and send the Successful List to them and direct them to where your name is on the list as rightly advised by a member here.
You lose nothing in applying, but be sure to go for a course that's worth it. Let's not just go and waste our Country's resources in developing another country's economy without gaining something to bring back home and benefit our country. I'm sure y'all know that expectations are high on you from friend, families, loved ones, ex-colleagues and employers, etc after your program, so don't let yourself down from the start by going for the wrong course. We must pray for our future...

Can't wait to see the day when Naija will be fulfilled in all sectors including education, and we'll stop all this big spending abroad. Lol
Just get's me worried each time I do the maths of NGN10m x 175 per yr. That will go a long way. But can't advise that yet coz it'll all sink in corrupt pockets without any account of what it was used for.
Maybe we're the solution to the long lasted problem of the nation!

2 Likes

Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by manaja87: 9:05am On Aug 02, 2014
catchdwind4rmkd:

Bro,
your case is really serious o! There's no way those schools will change your offer without IELTS or TOEFL pass score. Some schools accept A, B or C in WAEC. So, if u have that, u can try presenting ur case with ur SSCE English grades.
However, your best bet would have been to get IELTS or TOEFL which my brother is already very late coz it takes 2weeks to release scores after exam, and I doubt if there's any upcoming TOEFL or IELTS test in Nigeria.
Rather than fold your hands begging and hoping for Newcastle and Manchester to change your offer condition, you may want to check out TOEFL and IELTS sites for available test dates before September start, and apply for the earliest date even if it means paying the late registration fee, that's if you have the money and you actually wanna go for your MSc this year.
Again, you must not just go for any MSc because any school gave you admission; you must be sure that you're going for the right course.
What was your PTDF offered course and school? What's your desired course and school? What's the offer given by Derby?
You really need to start working out something!
Try applying to other PTDF listed universities and follow up with them as to urgency, ensuring that you print and send the Successful List to them and direct them to where your name is on the list as rightly advised by a member here.
You lose nothing in applying, but be sure to go for a course that's worth it. Let's not just go and waste our Country's resources in developing another country's economy without gaining something to bring back home and benefit our country. I'm sure y'all know that expectations are high on you from friend, families, loved ones, ex-colleagues and employers, etc after your program, so don't let yourself down from the start by going for the wrong course. We must pray for our future...

Can't wait to see the day when Naija will be fulfilled in all sectors including education, and we'll stop all this big spending abroad. Lol
Just get's me worried each time I do the maths of NGN10m x 175 per yr. That will go a long way. But can't advise that yet coz it'll all sink in corrupt pockets without any account of what it was used for.
Maybe we're the solution to the long lasted problem of the nation!
Thanks bro! The problem is that if the WAEC is more than 7years old, they would not accept it. That was what they told me.
The course I want to study at derby is Applied Petroleum Geoscience.
When I informed PTDF about my case yestarday, they said I should send the derby's offer for consideration.

1 Like

Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by auroraborealis: 9:48am On Aug 02, 2014
You guys are great on this thread. Helping each other as one big family. May God bless and reward these good guys.

@lazinc, please, can you mail me back if I PM you now? (Need a one-on-one with you)
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 11:12am On Aug 02, 2014
manaja87:
Thanks bro! The problem is that if the WAEC is more than 7years old, they would not accept it. That was what they told me.
When I informed PTDF about my case yestarday, they said I should send the derby's offer for consideration.

Then why are you worried?
Allow PTDF consider your Derby offer pls!
That course is a VERY NICE COURSE if I must say.
Have you sent the Derby offer to PTDF?
Pls keep us updated with their response coz many of us can be calmed with that. Your chosen course and university are not listed, so if they accept it, then we'll be sure we're all on the right path to selecting the best courses for our career development.
In all, I hope they approve that course for you coz Petroleum Geosciences is a very hot field at present, and should you acquire the degree and be gainfully employed, the gains are unlimited. What's your first degree in?

Guys what's the way forward for those of us that sent our offer letters to PTDF without any reply or response from them?
Should we resend or follow up with a call? At least let's be sure that our admission offers are being considered, so that we can be notified in time if we need to make any changes.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Napolitano14: 11:13am On Aug 02, 2014
Can I call it luck or my inisistency and being rude to the admission officer a bit. I used my GCE of 1998 that I wrote while in SS2 and it was accepted by Manchester. I am just wondering why they are giving u guys problem of IELTS. When she told me that I would have to write English exam, I told her all my education has been in English and I wonder why I must write Englis exam. She later told me to send waec pin to confirm my result which I did. Hence my conditional offer was changed to unconditional.

1 Like

Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by manaja87: 11:30am On Aug 02, 2014
catchdwind4rmkd:

Then why are you worried?
Allow PTDF consider your Derby offer pls!
That course is a VERY NICE COURSE if I must say.
Have you sent the Derby offer to PTDF?
Pls keep us updated with their response coz many of us can be calmed with that. Your chosen course and university are not listed, so if they accept it, then we'll be sure we're all on the right path to selecting the best courses for our career development.
In all, I hope they approve that course for you coz Petroleum Geosciences is a very hot field at present, and should you acquire the degree and be gainfully employed, the gains are unlimited. What's your first degree in?

Guys what's the way forward for those of us that sent our offer letters to PTDF without any reply or response from them?
Should we resend or follow up with a call? At least let's be sure that our admission offers are being considered, so that we can be notified in time if we need to make any changes.
Okay Bro! I will keep u posted. My first degree course is Applied Geology.

1 Like

Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by manaja87: 11:34am On Aug 02, 2014
Napolitano14: Can I call it luck or my inisistency and being rude to the admission officer a bit. I used my GCE of 1998 that I wrote while in SS2 and it was accepted by Manchester. I am just wondering why they are giving u guys problem of IELTS. When she told me that I would have to write English exam, I told her all my education has been in English and I wonder why I must write Englis exam. She later told me to send waec pin to confirm my result which I did. Hence my conditional offer was changed to unconditional.
Bros,
Thanks for your words of encouragement.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 2:51pm On Aug 02, 2014
manaja87:
Okay Bro! I will keep u posted. My first degree course is Applied Geology.

You're on track if you get a second degree in Applied Petroleum Geosciences

1 Like

Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by simonns(m): 4:12pm On Aug 02, 2014
Informative thread. Some Universities accept a letter stating English was the language of instruction on a letter headed from one's previous University (stamped and signed) for waiving IELTS. As regards CAS, Uni of Liverpool is the only Uni i know that issues a CAS without proof of funding.

1 Like

Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by kenevics: 6:23pm On Aug 02, 2014
manaja87:

Manaja87 I have a similar problem. How may I contact you so we can find a solution to it together. My admission is with Newcastle and I don't know what to do now. You may call me on 08034367920. I eagerly await your call.

1 Like

Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by auroraborealis: 1:10pm On Aug 03, 2014
simonns: Informative thread. Some Universities accept a letter stating English was the language of instruction on a letter headed from one's previous University (stamped and signed) for waiving IELTS. As regards CAS, Uni of Liverpool is the only Uni i know that issues a CAS without proof of funding.

Yea, Liverpool issues CAS without proof of funding as they normally "do not request" for tuition fee deposit as a strict condition, but they are not the only ones. I also know of Cranfield and Loughborough who'd issue you a CAS when you've got an unconditional offer and in anticipation of a scholarship award. I still believe there are other Universities with a similar procedure.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by lazinc(m): 6:50pm On Aug 03, 2014
catchdwind4rmkd:

That's awesome bro! Thanks for the helping hand here!
I'm not having it easy using the PM here on nairaland. So, I'll just go direct here.
I already have a CONDITIONAL OFFER for MSc, Drilling and Well Engineering at RGU.
The condition of the offer is 40% upfront payment which amounts to GBP 7,400. This is what is preventing them from processing my CAS as claimed.
However, they said they'll only take off that condition IFF I send an evidence or proof of sponsorship in the form of an award letter.
I haven't got a specific correspondent from them. They only contact me via general admission mail:
Postgraduate Admissions Office
PGOffice@rgu.ac.uk
Tel: 01224 262209
However, I noticed the offer letter was signed by:
Will Lind
Postgraduate Admissions Officer
I applied for Refinery Design and Operation which has now been renamed to Advanced Process Design and Integration at Manchester University.
I'll be glad if you can be of assistance in RGU.

I'll try and help you follow up. Can you help me with your number on the list of successful scholars on the PTDF website?
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 2:16pm On Aug 04, 2014
Finally contacted PTDF via the contacts provided by a pal here.
The MTN number was a personal number of a PTDF staff who was not working in the MSc unit. So, I was advised to call the etisalat (08189745530), which I did.

I got professional response from both lines. They were very calm and willing to help.

To my complain of not getting a confirmation that my mail was received, I gave some details, and was asked to stay on the line while that was confirmed, and they confirmed receiving it.

To my complain of not having enough evidence to get an unconditional offer, accommodation booking, and CAS. I was told not to worry about it, that it's usually the case as most schools require upfront payment. But that all of those will be taken care of during the induction as we will be given our offer letters or so.

Cheers guys, guess all that's left is to relax and await induction.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by DMainMan: 9:55pm On Aug 04, 2014
Guys check your email. Both inbox or spam. Ptdf has sent some vital information
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by silouette: 10:39pm On Aug 04, 2014
DMainMan please can you tell us what the info is? I just checked my inbox and spam and didn't see any message from them. Thanks.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 04, 2014
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 11:26pm On Aug 04, 2014
I didn't receive any
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by manaja87: 11:45pm On Aug 04, 2014
Yeah! Saw d message just now!

1 Like

Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 6:38am On Aug 05, 2014
So does anyone want to give us a hint of what it's about or you rather leave us in suspense?
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by manaja87: 7:13am On Aug 05, 2014
This is the copy of d message from ptdf:
PRE INDUCTION NOTICE ON SUBMISSION OF ADMISION LETTERS

To ensure that we timely process and send proof of funding letters to each scholar’s university, we invite all the successful candidates for the PTDF 2014 MSc scholarship to kindly fill out the online form at the following URL:
Before completing the form, please be sure that your name is on our list of successful candidates and that you have obtained an offer of admission in accordance with the PTDF recommended list of courses and universities.

Kindly complete the form timely while carefully following all the instructions provided therein.

Thank you.

Mr Arugu

For PTDF OSS TEAM

CC: GM Education & Training, HOD Education Division

1 Like

Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 8:45am On Aug 05, 2014
I guess that mail was sent to only those that meet the course and university requirements from PTDF, and those whose admission offers have been considered and accepted.
So, others should receive similar mails once their submitted offer letters have been reviewed and accepted or otherwise.

Good work pals, let's keep the information flowing here.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by ucheewa: 8:52am On Aug 05, 2014
For those who have not received any mail I suggest you check your alternative mail you provided when you were applying. I saw mine in my gmail spam although all correspondence with them so far has been through yahoo. However, I have also submitted my admission letter since. Just for clarification of doubt.

1 Like

Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 1:30pm On Aug 05, 2014
For the PhD and LSS guys, the list for successful scholars is now out on the PTDF website.

And on the page, I got the info below:

Candidates are invited for induction programme, which has been scheduled to hold from August 11 to 15, 2014. Candidates are expected to arrive at the venue of the induction on August 10, 2014. They are to come along with originals of their credentials for sighting and photocopies for documentation, this will include certificate of indigeneship, age declaration or birth certificate and marriage certificate as may be applicable.

Please note that during the induction programme candidates will be subjected to medical examination at the expense of the Fund.

The address of the induction venue:
Chida International Hotel, Plot 224 Solomon Lar Way, Utako District, Abuja.

I guess this should also apply to the MSc guys.

Best Wishes.
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by lazinc(m): 2:03pm On Aug 05, 2014
catchdwind4rmkd: For the PhD and LSS guys, the list for successful scholars is now out on the PTDF website.

And on the page, I got the info below:

Candidates are invited for induction programme, which has been scheduled to hold from August 11 to 15, 2014. Candidates are expected to arrive at the venue of the induction on August 10, 2014. They are to come along with originals of their credentials for sighting and photocopies for documentation, this will include certificate of indigeneship, age declaration or birth certificate and marriage certificate as may be applicable.

Please note that during the induction programme candidates will be subjected to medical examination at the expense of the Fund.

The address of the induction venue:
Chida International Hotel, Plot 224 Solomon Lar Way, Utako District, Abuja.

I guess this should also apply to the MSc guys.

Best Wishes.

Very true. PTDF has always used that hotel for inductions. For the PhD scholars, PTDF is abit harsh this year o, one scholar per state for two years combined . It used to be two per state then, maybe they're cutting cost.

Big congrats to the successful ones, it can only be God's favour to be the only one selected from a whole state.

For those yet to get their CAS there is no need to worry! Proof of funding letter will be issue to scholars during the induction which you'll scan and send to your schools then follow up with calls and emails for the school to send your CAS.

Enjoy
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by buzor01: 4:02pm On Aug 05, 2014
Pls guys, what about ATAS certificate....I'm scared
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by lazinc(m): 4:44pm On Aug 05, 2014
buzor01: Pls guys, what about ATAS certificate....I'm scared

Some courses require ATAS while some don't. Your Uni will let you know if it is required which will be stated on the offer letter. For those whose courses require ATAS will need to apply on time because it takes atleast four (4) weeks (20 working days- absolutely nothing you can do about it) for ATAS to be ready.

All subject areas studied at UK Higher Education Institutions are identified by a JACS (Joint Academic Coding System) code. Note that taught courses which have the JACS code beginning H8 and start on or after 1 January 2012 also require ATAS clearance.

I hope this helps.

Goodluck
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by buzor01: 4:48pm On Aug 05, 2014
Thanks man...I applied on the 30th of July, that means I can't get it until August ending..I hope this won't affect my chances of securing a Visa?
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by manaja87: 2:00pm On Aug 06, 2014
any news from ptdf?
Re: 2013/2014 PTDF Scholarships In Nigeria, UK & France by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 4:05pm On Aug 06, 2014
Nothing from my side guys.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Have You Seen These Collection Fascinating Images? / Abu Zaria Admission Threads / An Inside Look At Lekki British School (pictures).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.