Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,826 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

APC Adopts New Name ADC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Adopts New Name ADC (2922 Views)

Boko Haram Adopts New Uniform, Dressing Style / Anambra Adopts New Technology For Long Lasting Roads / Battle For 2015: APC Adopts 2-way Strategy To Tackle Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Adopts New Name ADC by Sirniyeh(m): 6:46am On Mar 12, 2013
The leaders of All Progressive Congress had an emergency meeting on monday night over the application of another APC submitted for INEC's registration. Among the suggestions from the members was to adopt a new name. They eventually delibrated on adopting ALL DEMOCRACTIC CONGRESS (ADC) as new name. The meeting further adjourned to Friday for conclusion. Culled from the NATION
To me it's like ADC as acronym is still suitable. Kudos for urgent resolution

1 Like

Re: APC Adopts New Name ADC by AWKAMADEGUN: 6:51am On Mar 12, 2013
Source
Re: APC Adopts New Name ADC by Maxymilliano(m): 7:10am On Mar 12, 2013
Thought Lai Muhammed was threatening fire and brimstone If INEC refuses to register the All Progressives Congress, APC, when all the legal requirements have been met? According to him, "the protest in Tahrir Square in Egypt will be a child’s play compared to what we will do at the Eagle Square,”

Why not go ahead with the threat if truly they have a legitimate claim instead of working out a plan B?

1 Like

Re: APC Adopts New Name ADC by FreeGlobe(f): 7:14am On Mar 12, 2013
OPC would have been more appropriate. Why are this folks confused.

2 Likes

Re: APC Adopts New Name ADC by nduchucks: 7:23am On Mar 12, 2013
ADC is quite close to APC and since a simple majority of the electorate is illiterate and uses symbols to recognize who to vote for (think umblela and bloom sic 'Patience'), ADC should not reveal their new logo until this new APC releases theirs.

Grandpa Anenih, may have already commissioned the design of APC's logo to look like the one publicized by the defunct APC a few days ago. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: APC Adopts New Name ADC by Nobody: 7:24am On Mar 12, 2013
Maxymilliano: Thought Lai Muhammed was threatening fire and brimstone If INEC refuses to register the All Progressives Congress, APC, when all the legal requirements have been met? According to him, "the protest in Tahrir Square in Egypt will be a child’s play compared to what we will do at the Eagle Square,”

Why not go ahead with the threat if truly they have a legitimate claim instead of working out a plan B?
Bro, u for just use '2nd to comment' instead of posting such irrational nonsense. So they should have started riots because of a simple name change?
Not everyone is as bloodthirsty as your PDP friends, you know.

They've made the right move. Let's see what INEC/Jega will say next.

5 Likes

Re: APC Adopts New Name ADC by AnitaMandy: 7:29am On Mar 12, 2013
If it's true then I think APC are not fit to lead. They couldn't secure their name how then do they propose to secure the country. So if I decide to go to INEC now and steal this their new name They would change from ADC yet again. Maybe this time they would adopt ALC - African Labour Congress. lol

1 Like

Re: APC Adopts New Name ADC by Oahray: 7:31am On Mar 12, 2013
Op state your source o, abi you attend the emergency meeting ni?
Re: APC Adopts New Name ADC by vizboy(m): 7:33am On Mar 12, 2013
Sirniyeh: The leaders of All Progressive Congress had an emergency meeting on monday night over the application of another APC submitted for INEC's registration. Among the suggestions from the members was to adopt a new name. They eventually delibrated on adopting ALL DEMOCRACTIC CONGRESS (ADC) as new name. The meeting further adjourned to Friday for conclusion. Culled from the NATION
To me it's like ADC as acronym is still suitable. Kudos for urgent resolution
source please or where you in the meeting
Re: APC Adopts New Name ADC by Sirniyeh(m): 7:35am On Mar 12, 2013
ndu_chucks: ADC is quite close to APC and since a simple majority of the electorate is illiterate and use symbols to recognise who to vote for (think umblela and bloom sic 'Patience'), ADC should not reveal their new logo until this new APC releases theirs.

Grandpa Anenih, may have already commissioned the design of APC's logo to look like the one publicized by the defunct APC a few days ago. lipsrsealed
well said! I got ascertained that the proposing ADC will still have BROOM in their logo but the slight difference is that, it will portray collective hands holding the BROOM.
Welcome idea!
Re: APC Adopts New Name ADC by gunuvi(m): 7:35am On Mar 12, 2013
Why announce again to the public without first going to INEC for their registration.
Walahi, I will go to the INEC office today with my people and we will go and start the registration process for African Democrats Congress ADC before they get there.
It is now I know those peeps in APC are bunch of noisemakers. Politics is all about strategy and they ought to have learnt from their first experience and start their registration process first before coming out to announce to the public.
Na season film, e nile duro wotan!
Re: APC Adopts New Name ADC by Nobody: 7:40am On Mar 12, 2013
Confused Party
Re: APC Adopts New Name ADC by Omexonomy: 7:48am On Mar 12, 2013
To me it's like ADC as acronym is still suitable. Kudos for urgent resolution[/quote]

kudos to clowns who do not understand simple kindergarteen strategies
Re: APC Adopts New Name ADC by honeric01(m): 7:50am On Mar 12, 2013
I also heard INEC just met to change their name to IPDP.

don't ask me for source.

rumor mongers, beer parlor story.
Re: APC Adopts New Name ADC by Sirniyeh(m): 7:53am On Mar 12, 2013
gunuvi: Why announce again to the public without first going to INEC for their registration.
Walahi, I will go to the INEC office today with my people and we will go and start the registration process for African Democrats Congress ADC before they get there.
It is now I know those peeps in APC are bunch of noisemakers. Politics is all about strategy and they ought to have learnt from their first experience and start their registration process first before coming out to announce to the public.
Re: APC Adopts New Name ADC by Sirniyeh(m): 7:55am On Mar 12, 2013
gunuvi: Why announce again to the public without first going to INEC for their registration.
i beg cool down!
There is always procedure for every thing. Before appproach INEC for registration they must have carried out the national convention, it is there they make their plight formally launch. Secondly, as a merger party, the parties involve must first drop their identity to adopt the new one. Thirdly, there is nothing bad for declaring open their identity before registration. It is appropriate and a due process to open-up and carry all their fans along.......
Re: APC Adopts New Name ADC by Nobody: 8:02am On Mar 12, 2013
Hahahaha? ADC? Thank God for Nairaland.

Well, I dey run go INEC to register my own ADC = Authentic Democratic Congress while this fake ADC will still be quarreling over logo and sharing of portfolios.
Re: APC Adopts New Name ADC by jerusalem101: 8:07am On Mar 12, 2013
That's what I called talking 2 much n actions,disagreement over name n logo has shown that d former APC now ADC will still have problem ahead 4 real becuz of conflict of interest.
Re: APC Adopts New Name ADC by rasputinn(m): 8:07am On Mar 12, 2013
FreeGlobe: OPC would have been more appropriate. Why are this folks confused.

Muhehe muhehe cheesy cheesy cheesy
What do you expect from a gang led by two(Buhari and Tinubu) people with very different extreme criminal agenda

AnitaMandy: If it's true then I think APC are not fit to lead. They couldn't secure their name how then do they propose to secure the country. So if I decide to go to INEC now and steal this their new name They would change from ADC yet again. Maybe this time they would adopt ALC - African Labour Congress. lol

You may have spoken too soon my dear cos we may soon learn that another serious association has indeed forwarded their application to INEC to be registered as ADC,thereafter the whining losers will start all over again;they and their naive followers on nairaland

Maxymilliano: Thought Lai Muhammed was threatening fire and brimstone If INEC refuses to register the All Progressives Congress, APC, when all the legal requirements have been met? According to him, "the protest in Tahrir Square in Egypt will be a child’s play compared to what we will do at the Eagle Square,”

Dont mind the empty barrel,bereft of any iota and capacity for political strategy.
Alas,I have seen someone intellectually emptier than Wada Nas and yet more loquacious
Re: APC Adopts New Name ADC by Sirniyeh(m): 8:18am On Mar 12, 2013
jerusalem101: That's what I called talking 2 much n actions,disagreement over name n logo has shown that d former APC now ADC will still have problem ahead 4 real becuz of conflict of interest.
are you cursing ADC or what? You prophesisy that ADC will still have problem! Well, any curse to ADC is a curse to Nigeria development and a curse to remain under Pharaoh ruling, a rejection to moving to promise destiny (stable electricity)
Re: APC Adopts New Name ADC by Nobody: 8:28am On Mar 12, 2013
Is this not another rumour? That was how someone came out to say the president cancelled his trip to borno meanwhile the man was already on his way that morning.
Re: APC Adopts New Name ADC by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 12, 2013
AnitaMandy: If it's true then I think APC are not fit to lead. They couldn't secure their name how then do they propose to secure the country. So if I decide to go to INEC now and steal this their new name They would change from ADC yet again. Maybe this time they would adopt ALC - African Labour Congress. lol

BeefInsincereTaharqa go and sit down with your tele tubby brain.
Re: APC Adopts New Name ADC by Nobody: 8:52am On Mar 12, 2013
Sirniyeh:
well said! I got ascertained that the proposing ADC will still have BROOM in their logo but the slight difference is that, it will portray collective hands holding the BROOM.
Welcome idea!

*in PEJ's voice* Nigeria,my great continent!! Please don't pless ya hand for Bloom oh.Pless Ya hand for Umblella.
Re: APC Adopts New Name ADC by Ngwakwe: 9:08am On Mar 12, 2013
They just changed name

Will they change those Old failed thieving politicians taken cover in their DOA canon folder?

Advanced Northern Congress looking for a Southern partner to be subjugated.

What Nigerians need is a National Party open to all possibilities. Where all ethnicities are equal.
Re: APC Adopts New Name ADC by Gbawe: 9:12am On Mar 12, 2013

Leadership efficacy , or lack thereof, is now determined with issues concerning a logo? You are all the same set of folks who quickly use the excuse you voted for the individual, GEJ, and not his Party when reminded of the 14 year evil of the PDP. Now, rather than consistently apply the same principle and look at the many,many, many proven leaders the APC is home to, you are happy to simply write them off over a Logo imbroglio. Why not simply confess your motivation instead of making statements that is obviously very unobjective, logically inane and lacks cogent sense? A bit like saying someone who made one spelling error cannot write properly while you ignore the many award he has won showing he has writing skills superior to virtually all others.
Re: APC Adopts New Name ADC by Ejine(m): 9:17am On Mar 12, 2013
Wasn't ADC the name of that party Soyinka endorsed; the one that fielded Utomi as its Presidential candidate in 2007?

Here's a thread created in 2007 to support Utomi; and in it, you'll find the party logo

1 Like

Re: APC Adopts New Name ADC by causewahala: 9:38am On Mar 12, 2013
What is the plan to register ADC WITH INEC? I read the meeting was adjourned! undecided Are they waiting for PDP to pull another stunt before they start crying wolf?

This people should be focused oooh!
Re: APC Adopts New Name ADC by Sirniyeh(m): 9:49am On Mar 12, 2013
Ejiné: Wasn't ADC the name of that party Soyinka endorsed; the one that fielded Utomi as its Presidential candidate in 2007?

Here's a thread created in 2007 to support Utomi; and in it, you'll find the party logo
typical NO!
The party Shoyinka endorsed was ACD not ADC. You can confirm that. Pat Utomi was the flag bearer of ACD in 2007. Dont be confused!
Re: APC Adopts New Name ADC by Sirniyeh(m): 9:56am On Mar 12, 2013
Gbawe:

Leadership efficacy , or lack thereof, is now determined with issues concerning a logo? You are all the same set of folks who quickly use the excuse you voted for the individual, GEJ, and not his Party when reminded of the 14 year evil of the PDP. Now, rather than consistently apply the same principle and look at the many,many, many proven leaders the APC is home to, you are happy to simply write them off over a Logo imbroglio. Why not simply confess your motivation instead of making statements that is obviously very unobjective, logically inane and lacks cogent sense? A bit like saying someone who made one spelling error cannot write properly while you ignore the many award he has won showing he has writing skills superior to virtually all others.
chairman, I always respect your opinion which shows your sense of maturity in all ramifications. Most Nigerians need more enlightment. We need to tell them that, approaching INEC is not the first procedure in registering a merger parties. African People Congress was existing before deregistered. When they heard of new APC from merger parties, they deliberately and politically made the move to debar the merger parties from using the acronym. I dey laugh!
Re: APC Adopts New Name ADC by PointB: 10:03am On Mar 12, 2013

My guy you are too late. My people are already on their way. We are going to register African Democratic Coalition (ADC) . Documents, logo, and flags are set, no time to waste. grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: APC Adopts New Name ADC by rasputinn(m): 10:09am On Mar 12, 2013
PointB:

My guy you are too late. My people are already on their way. We are going to register African Democratic Coalition (ADC) . Documents, logo, and flags are set, no time to waste. grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Muhehe muhehe
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Politics 101
Re: APC Adopts New Name ADC by kettykings: 10:13am On Mar 12, 2013
from Armoured personal carrier (APC) opposition to Aid De Camp (ADC) Subservient agent

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News Controversy As Inec Declares Imo Rerun Elections Inconclusive / Atiku Reveals Why He Ignored Buhari’s Biography Presentation And Met Jonathan In / Congratulation Biafrans On Your Highly Successful Sit At Home Referendum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.