Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,020 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Christians: A Few Questions About The Holy Spirit - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians: A Few Questions About The Holy Spirit (2393 Views)

Vision Of Heaven And Hell: Few Questions that need answers. / My Thoughts And Questions About Religion / Muslims Vs Christians: A Struggle Between Ignorance & Greed In Nigeria - Gumi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians: A Few Questions About The Holy Spirit by outcst: 7:03am On Jun 08, 2013
musKeeto:

Jealous!!!

tongue

Guy shift! grin
Re: Christians: A Few Questions About The Holy Spirit by inspiredbyGOD(m): 11:28am On Jun 08, 2013
musKeeto:

Jealous!!!

tongue
Broda Muskeeto, you be woman? Why art thou jealous o son of an insect?
Re: Christians: A Few Questions About The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 08, 2013
inspiredbyGOD:.:
Broda Muskeeto, you be woman? Why art thou jealous o son of an insect?
shocked
kai.. see finishing.. No let Image120lodo see this one o...
Re: Christians: A Few Questions About The Holy Spirit by inspiredbyGOD(m): 11:43am On Jun 08, 2013
musKeeto:
shocked
kai.. see finishing.. No let Image120lodo see this one o...
Why na? Art thou engaged in combat with an Image of numbers?
Re: Christians: A Few Questions About The Holy Spirit by timothycel(m): 6:33pm On Jun 11, 2013
The Spirit came upon the Jews at Pentecost, it came upon the Gentiles (Greeks & Romans - white people) in Caesarea when Peter went to Cornelius. There was a gap in the different nations receiving the Holy Spirit, first were the Jews and then the Gentiles. It was transferred from person to person via the laying of hands by the relevant people who had the powers to do so (Peter was the custodian of the Spirit, Acts 2,8,10 he gave people powers to baptise etc).

Jews according to their Law would never mix with Gentiles of any Race Matthew 10:5. Jews including Peter never laid hands on Gentiles and never baptized any. Paul was the custodian of the Holy Spirit for the Gentiles. When they laid their hands on people they would receive the spirit. So there needs to an unbroken chain of laying of hands to receive the Holy Spirit from Paul if you are a Gentile and Peter if you are a Jew.

In the bible no people from Africa have received the Holy Spirit, in fact a man of great faith who had made the journey to Jerusalem from Ethiopia (Acts 8} did not receive the Holy Spirit nor was he baptised with it. He was just put in a puddle and then returned home, even though his faith was greater than that of the Jews. (Phillip didnt have the power to baptize with the Holy spirit which is why Peter was called for.

Who is the Spirit? The Spirit of Truth, who tells us the truth. The Spirit that Speaks Gods words and not his own. The Spirit that speaks through the Prophets in accordance with 1 Corinthians 14. The Spirit that reminds us of Gods Law because we are forgetful. The Spirit that can be put to the test to determine its authenticity in 1 Corinthians 14:22-25, that should prophecy in our presence so that we may believe in accordance with the scriptures.

NB tongues is not a sign for unbelievers, tongues can be spoken by anyone. Prophecy is the real true test according 1 Corinthians 14.
Re: Christians: A Few Questions About The Holy Spirit by inspiredbyGOD(m): 10:34am On Jun 13, 2013
^^^ This is a new one {the part about no one in Africa having the Holy Spirit}
Re: Christians: A Few Questions About The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 20, 2013
inspiredbyGOD:.:
Still a babe in Christ. Hopefully, I'm back on track permanently.

Amen! Praise the Lord. It will be permanent if it is not based on you or anything you can do but on God and what He has done in Christ Jesus.

Welcome home, dear brother.
Re: Christians: A Few Questions About The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 20, 2013
musKeeto:

Jealous!!!

tongue

Really?! What's keeping you away still?
Re: Christians: A Few Questions About The Holy Spirit by fumisko(f): 8:33am On Jun 21, 2013
it is true that d holyspirit is becomes indwellin in us at salvation from there we have to begin to learn his voice bcus he is a spiritual being. many people wld always look for loud voice speaking to them that does also happen but except when chosenby the holyspirit. rememba he is a person(spiritual being) he is not just a feeling or power,he is God(D very spirit of God. he spks usually as an inward witness he can use your conscience sometimes you just know that you know that he wants you to do this or that sometimes he wont evn tel u but at d end u cant deny that dat decisions u took was spirit led.but to fellowship with him at that level u r asking is nt cheap u must opt 4 a life of consecration(outright holines),fellowships wit him daily(say 1hr) tel him how much u luv him n want to know him u must b given in to fasting also tell him u wantt to spk in tongues cus he honored me no 1 prayed 4me i was praying 1 day n he visited me i was bursting out an unknown lannguage n if i dared try to stop it dat sym power of d holyspirit wld shake me vigorously so i had to continue i had anoda of such encounters d holyspirit as fire or oil i cnt describe wen listening to a pst chris oyakilome message in my room though am nt a member of christ embassy n whether i dnt agree wit al he says i hv a prove n cant deny d annointing in his lyf it was mad as i felt God's power tro me.sin irritates him n sends him packing so u must conscious dat der is a being u must not hurt him. u can also xperience his MANIFEST presence in ur prayer alter as u pray in tongues or worship God sometimes u cant stand up frm d ground cus he has so filled u at dat point sometimes u feel his power surge through u, come across visions n so much mre u guys can evn begin to tlk him n he wld ansa.but rememba 4 wateva level u wld eva get to know him u must b ready to seek him to dat xtent.if u must truly know him as real in ur lyf its nt so cheap he knows those who r truly hungry4 him only doz ppl will he manifest himself to ifnot he wld jst remain in us n do lytl or nofin.trust me he is fun. am spking from my own xperienc of abt 6months now i sought him anyhow anywere in d toilet anywere crying i want 2truly know u as1 dat truly exist.with 3days fasting weekly now and daily praying in tongues or singing in d spirit(in tongues) or worshipin 4 at least 1hour daily aside your normal morning n night devotions n daily bible study.d holyspirit is God(ur own spirit is who? is it not u?) so dont let any1 lie to u d holyspirit can b worshipped n luvd cus his d spirit of God. get books on d holyspirit by kathryn kuhlman and bennyhinn. God bless

2 Likes

Re: Christians: A Few Questions About The Holy Spirit by Image123(m): 10:59am On Jun 21, 2013
fumisko: it is true that d holyspirit is becomes indwellin in us at salvation from there we have to begin to learn his voice bcus he is a spiritual being. many people wld always look for loud voice speaking to them that does also happen but except when chosenby the holyspirit. rememba he is a person(spiritual being) he is not just a feeling or power,he is God(D very spirit of God. he spks usually as an inward witness he can use your conscience sometimes you just know that you know that he wants you to do this or that sometimes he wont evn tel u but at d end u cant deny that dat decisions u took was spirit led.but to fellowship with him at that level u r asking is nt cheap u must opt 4 a life of consecration(outright holines),fellowships wit him daily(say 1hr) tel him how much u luv him n want to know him u must b given in to fasting also tell him u wantt to spk in tongues cus he honored me no 1 prayed 4me i was praying 1 day n he visited me i was bursting out an unknown lannguage n if i dared try to stop it dat sym power of d holyspirit wld shake me vigorously so i had to continue i had anoda of such encounters d holyspirit as fire or oil i cnt describe wen listening to a pst chris oyakilome message in my room though am nt a member of christ embassy n whether i dnt agree wit al he says i hv a prove n cant deny d annointing in his lyf it was mad as i felt God's power tro me.sin irritates him n sends him packing so u must conscious dat der is a being u must not hurt him. u can also xperience his MANIFEST presence in ur prayer alter as u pray in tongues or worship God sometimes u cant stand up frm d ground cus he has so filled u at dat point sometimes u feel his power surge through u, come across visions n so much mre u guys can evn begin to tlk him n he wld ansa.but rememba 4 wateva level u wld eva get to know him u must b ready to seek him to dat xtent.if u must truly know him as real in ur lyf its nt so cheap he knows those who r truly hungry4 him only doz ppl will he manifest himself to ifnot he wld jst remain in us n do lytl or nofin.trust me he is fun. am spking from my own xperienc of abt 6months now i sought him anyhow anywere in d toilet anywere crying i want 2truly know u as1 dat truly exist.with 3days fasting weekly now and daily praying in tongues or singing in d spirit(in tongues) or worshipin 4 at least 1hour daily aside your normal morning n night devotions n daily bible study.d holyspirit is God(ur own spirit is who? is it not u?) so dont let any1 lie to u d holyspirit can b worshipped n luvd cus his d spirit of God. get books on d holyspirit by kathryn kuhlman and bennyhinn. God bless
confirmed.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should A Christain Celebrate Christmas? / Why God Is A Half-baked Philosophy / If Only U Know That Allah Is God Nb- Osisi,nezan,tudor And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.