Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Love Or In Love With The Idea Of Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love Or In Love With The Idea Of Love? (1078 Views)

Nigerian Girls And The Idea Of “runs Girlism”: When The Hunter Becomes Hunted / What Is Your Idea Of A Romantic Date? / Why Do Men Hate The Idea Of Their Wife Or Girlfriend Having Male Friends? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Or In Love With The Idea Of Love? by bignero: 8:45pm On Mar 24, 2008
growing up on this planet, you must have heared or read about romeo and juliet or something similar, etc but when you finally grow up,which am still doing you tend to find most people dont enter into relationships with their romeos or marry thier juliets, is it that humans dont have patience to seek thier soulmates hence ni romeo and juliet tales or we are just in love with the idea of "love"
Re: Love Or In Love With The Idea Of Love? by iice(f): 1:59pm On Mar 25, 2008
Sorry not my scene tongue Didn't like romeo and juliet grin grin
Yes people are in love with love. . .some are clueless and like to attribute their fluttering stomachs and haywire emotions to love. . .
Re: Love Or In Love With The Idea Of Love? by Busta(f): 2:03pm On Mar 25, 2008
am glad someone brought this up again.
I say it all the time and they say "busta don come again"

A lot of pple these that claim to be in love are not in love.
real love is really hard to find these days.
people are just "in love with the idea of being in love" . . .simply cos they are either afraid of being alone, everyone is dating so they wanna date too and not be left out. . or cos of pressure from friends and family.

wake up pple!!
Re: Love Or In Love With The Idea Of Love? by almondjoy(f): 2:09pm On Mar 25, 2008
big nero:

growing up on this planet, you must have heared or read about romeo and juliet or something similar, etc but when you finally grow up,[/b]which am still doing you tend to find [b]most people don't enter into relationships with their romeos or marry their juliets, is it that humans don't have patience to seek their soulmates hence ni romeo and juliet tales or we are just in love with the idea of "love"

Most people never grow up. . .that is the sadness of the present generation!

The mistake people make it that they fail to realize that you only recognize soul mates after like 100 years of being together. Sometimes it takes the other persons departure from planet earth to realize you have just lost a soul mate.  You can't prove you have a soul mate, till you have tested and strenghtened any relationship. That takes years to accomplish in most cases if not all.  If any one thinks you get a soul mate in one year of dating. . . that person must be sipping chlorox!

So to answer your question, people are in love with the idea and when the reality hits. . . ."things really fall apart"!

Not only do they[b] not have the patience to recognize[/b] what is really important in a relationship, they are too lazy to work hard to succeed in any relationship.  Especially Nigerians. . . .everything must be ready made and quick to receive without working for it! Most are not even qualified to be in any kind of relationships simply because they lack the proper upbringing and can never recognize the potentials of a successful relationship. If you treat you relationships like a business, run by discipline and constructive sets of principles. . . .you can only attract like minded people.  You attract what you are!  Thrash attracts thrash!

At the end of the day, they remain perpetual losers, jumping from one relationship to the other only to end up in some mosque or church fasting and praying to deaf deities at the end of their failing years!  Trying to get some awkward consolation price in a miserable existence.  You can tell by the way they easily get frustrated. . .a sign of a miserable unhappy life!
Re: Love Or In Love With The Idea Of Love? by talk2sulta: 2:13pm On Mar 25, 2008
@poster
Love is like a ghost.many people talk about it,few have seen it.

1 Like

Re: Love Or In Love With The Idea Of Love? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 25, 2008
make i digress a likkle.
busta, how old u be abeg? i ask cos u take style make sense.
Re: Love Or In Love With The Idea Of Love? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Mar 25, 2008
i think the real problem is hollywood and the music industry which have created an ridiculous concept of what love is

love at first sight. . .
love changing a person's life forever. . .

that sort of thing that looks good on 90 minutes  cellulouid, sounds good in 5 minutes of canned music, but which cannot stand up to the harsh tests of time

1 Like

Re: Love Or In Love With The Idea Of Love? by Busta(f): 2:22pm On Mar 25, 2008
OMO IBO:

make i digress a likkle.
busta, how old u be abeg? i ask because u take style make sense.

old enuff  grin
u really think i'll put up my age for Nairalanders to see and make anotha topic outtta me?  tongue

nahh . . .hit me up privately, we'll discuss  wink
Re: Love Or In Love With The Idea Of Love? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Mar 25, 2008
Busta:

old enough grin
u really think i'll put up my age for Nairalanders to see and make anotha topic outtta me? tongue

nahh . . .hit me up privately, we'll discuss wink

women and their age sef. how dem dey hit person up for this site. as far as i am aware there's no IM or PM on this site

oyb:

i think the real problem is hollywood and the music industry which have created an ridiculous concept of what love is

love at first sight. . .
love changing a person's life forever. . .

that sort of thing that looks good on 90 minutes cellulouid, sounds good in 5 minutes of canned music, but which cannot stand up to the harsh tests of time

dude, did u just blame hollywood?
Re: Love Or In Love With The Idea Of Love? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Mar 25, 2008
yes i did.

got a problem with that?

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Young Ladies Like Married Men / Guys/ladies Who Is More Neat / Help! My Girl Is Cheating On Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.