Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,127 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers (55753 Views)

Ogun State Corp Members Decamped For Sexual Activities. / Decamped From Nysc Batch C 2014 Camp: My Story / Female Corper Decamped For Slapping A Male Corper in Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 10:48pm On Mar 12, 2013
Dis lady is sick..walahi i'm serious!
They say "when you're in rome, behave like the romans", if u know can't behave like the romans..then don't bother to go roman. If u know its against ur faith, why did u go there then? Just to create trouble and create attention on yourself? Mtcheww..
I know deeper lifers who go there and they wear the khaki, its the law of the land..and they must obey it. Even God expect us to be obedient to the law in the society..i'm certain
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by tabletgirl: 10:49pm On Mar 12, 2013
Errr, so in other words give unto the devils what is the devils? If you go to hollywood, they dress half naked, you go follow suit? The Bible is not an old document now obselete. It is past tense, present tense and future tense. You think God did not know what today would be like He had the Bible written through scholars filled with the Holy Spirit? The word of God says a woman shall not put on that which belongs to a man. No matter the no of Pastors the "christian" world look up to that say it is alright, it is not. The Bible says there is no respect of persons, if you remove one word of the bible, the person is accursed. The Bible says women should not speak in church, no matter the pastors that say it is alright to have women preachers, it is not. The Bible says our hair is our covering, it should not be cut, a woman's hair is her glory, no matter who says otherwise, let every man's word be a lie...His Word is true. I am christian. I wear no trousers, no make up, no earrings. I am proud of who i am. It is not not wearing these things that will take you to heaven, but the Life of Christ in YOU. Too religious? U no know wetin time de talk. Look at the news, look at the Bible, you will know it is future tense indeed. What is the "pass" you will show when you get to heaven's portals? Hw did you stay with the Word of God? So many Pastors are leading people astray, blessings, blessings, blessings. What about the soul? One naira will not follow anyone to the grave. The Bible says make your calling and election sure. Have you? Dear sweet Goldie was not too pretty for death. I don't know her but i cried. So young and vital. The only sure thing is knowing Jesus. Have ever experienced His Presence in your room, in the taxi, in church? Do you talk to Him and hear Him whisper words of love to your heart,has He filled you and off your bad habits and everything you used to be that is not in Him? If no, run for your life. Talk to Him today, there is nooooo time. I deeply respect that girl. Heaven will take note even if no one else does. I deeply apologise for this long comment. Sisom, i am not really directing thing to you, but to everyone. Please, dont be upset, just pained me no one even thought she did the right thing. It matters, no matter who tells you it doesnt. People will be judged by the Word of God, not any preacher's notes unless unless they tally u know. As it was it in the days of Noah....even that should show another landmark reached in the Bible. God bless always. TG quote author=Sisom]it is good to serve the lord but the bible also said give to ceaser what belongs to ceaser. in other words when in rome behave like the romans[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Realculture(m): 10:50pm On Mar 12, 2013
The coordinator did wrong to have sent her out at such a risky hour...but the babe sef No Try At all oh...dis is wat is afectin Nija-"extremism"
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Acidosis(m): 10:50pm On Mar 12, 2013
booqee: Dis lady is sick..walahi i'm serious!
They say "when you're in rome, behave like the romans", if u know can't behave like the romans..then don't bother to go roman. If u know its against ur faith, why did u go there then? Just to create trouble and create attention on yourself? Mtcheww..
I know deeper lifers who go there and they wear the khaki, its the law of the land..and they must obey it. Even God expect us to be obedient to the law in the society..i'm certain

You are wrong ma... I've seeing female corp members on skirt! why is her case different??
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Dogzimalon: 10:50pm On Mar 12, 2013
I have been reading all the insullts you guys are raining on her but you guys saw the masquerade that the northerners put on and nothing is said about that . So if it happens in the north it will be religion but if it happens else where you guys will open ure mouth and say rubbish
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Itsjanny: 10:50pm On Mar 12, 2013
fubbyy: Didn't she knew trouser is what she would wear in camp?Why should she refuse to wear trouser? What's wrong with trouser? the remaining thousands that wore it will go to hell abi?
when time reach, she'll knew...
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 10:51pm On Mar 12, 2013
berem: you say you wear wetin? Hijab? why nau? are you a Muslim? odikwa serious! I also went to a secondary school in Zamfara but not with a Hijab. WTF!

i had to interact with core Muslim women, so i wore it to be accepted. When i served, we had ladies who wore white trousers n hijabs and even covered all their faces, what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

1 Like

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by searay(m): 10:51pm On Mar 12, 2013
Bastituta:
abi ooo ansa nw
A corps member on skirt doing one of those Man-of-War activities would have been a great sight to behold.
Where is my camera?
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by muut2: 10:54pm On Mar 12, 2013
Stop that condemnation! Even the bible which is a guide to all Christians teaches us to respect constituted authorities. she new it is trousers female corp member must wear while serving why did she go for service in the first place, for it is written do not be unequally yoked with the unbelievers if so believed. disobedience is a sin also pls repent and turn a new leaf as No Discharge Certificate No Job in Nigeria for school leavers
berem: They are all sinners and will go to Hellfire for wearing trousers. grin
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Treasure19: 10:54pm On Mar 12, 2013
NYSC reacts
When contacted, the Ogun State NYSC Co-ordinator, Mrs T.I Anosike maintained that the Service did not expelled anybody. According to her, Ms Ekundayo opted to go instead of abiding by the rules and regulations of the scheme.

She said wearing anything outside approved NYSC kits during the orientation programme was not allowed in the camp. This she said was the reason why every corps member was made to signed undertaking on cultism and dress code.

“Nobody asked her to leave. She was asked to comply with the NYSC directives or leave. So she decided to leave. When she said that she won’t comply, we asked her to put it in writing which she did. So we didn’t expel her, she left on her own.”
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by PENMIGHT(m): 10:55pm On Mar 12, 2013
Hypocrites are doomed; in this world and in the hereafter. They are product of mental slavery in this world and they will,surely, be suprised to find themselves dwelling in the abyss of Hell. They are those who choose what to believe of the Holy books;believing in some parts while rejecting others. They only practice religion at choice. Their 'God' only resides between the 4 walls of their synagoes. U know them when they scramble for handkerchief to cover their heads 'in the presence of the Lord'.DECEIVERS. They eulogise nudity,unclothedness and immoral civilization and condemn uprightness and virtues. Know!, that u may not be expelled from NYSC but u may not be exempted from the iniquities of your hypocrisy. HYPOCRITES!

2 Likes

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Acidosis(m): 10:55pm On Mar 12, 2013
Some of una ladies wey dey insult this girl wey stand her ground are just dum. b

Here is a girl who stood her ground regardless of the threats...

Some of you girls would even dash the nysc coordinator s€. x
grin grin

It is not about the skirt... BUT Determination!
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by adaybayor(m): 10:55pm On Mar 12, 2013
Itsjanny: when time reach, she'll knew...
grin
Itsjanny: when time reach, she'll knew...
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by skotch(m): 10:55pm On Mar 12, 2013
Inik: This is not religion but foolishness

Its actually d peak of foolishness!
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by laprem90: 10:55pm On Mar 12, 2013
She should have exempted herself since she knew she wouldn't wear trousers because it is the norm to wear trousers and shorts throughout the orientation period.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by castielo(m): 10:55pm On Mar 12, 2013
tchidi:

Berem, its a lie! There was religion before there was nysc!! Why do they break on friday for prayers? Why do they give sundays off? Cos they respect the religion of the people. If a corp member for any reason refuses to wear d khaki,whether its in the bible or not, NYSC should respect it! Schools in the north make provisions for non muslim students to come to school without hijabs, so what's so difficult for nysc to say 'ok, for those who don't use trousers, here is a skirt or bring ur skirt', but make sure they participate in every activity their trouser wearing counterparts participate! NYSC was wrong to send her out! Hoo haa!!
Utter poo!! so wat if i then say my religion is against women puttin on anything brownish or dat m allergic 2 brown colors.. so dem go change my own khaki to white color say dem dy fear me? or say na me go share house slot 4 heaven? if i were to be her camp cordinator.. i for land her better slap for face b4 i kick am comot. Nanscence!!
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by MuniruA(m): 10:56pm On Mar 12, 2013
Wearin hijab is diff 4rm that stupid act. Those wearing hijab still put on their normav khaki trousers. Again, who defines what shud b worn by men n women; is the trouser meant 4 men only? Guys, Wise up
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by castielo(m): 10:56pm On Mar 12, 2013
tchidi:

Berem, its a lie! There was religion before there was nysc!! Why do they break on friday for prayers? Why do they give sundays off? Cos they respect the religion of the people. If a corp member for any reason refuses to wear d khaki,whether its in the bible or not, NYSC should respect it! Schools in the north make provisions for non muslim students to come to school without hijabs, so what's so difficult for nysc to say 'ok, for those who don't use trousers, here is a skirt or bring ur skirt', but make sure they participate in every activity their trouser wearing counterparts participate! NYSC was wrong to send her out! Hoo haa!!
Utter poo!! so wat if i then say my religion is against women puttin on anything brownish or dat m allergic 2 brown colors.. so dem go change my own khaki to white color say dem dy fear me? or say na me go share house slot 4 heaven? if i were to be her camp cordinator.. i for land her better slap for face b4 i kick am comot. Nanscence!!
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 10:58pm On Mar 12, 2013
tchidi:

i had to interact with core Muslim women, so i wore it to be accepted. When i served, we had ladies who wore white trousers n hijabs and even covered all their faces, what is good for the goose is good for the gander.
Oh i see! I understand what you are talking about. For you to be accepted you need to behave like them. As i said, i went to a secondary school in Zamfara and i understand what you mean anyway.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by blamelessly(f): 10:58pm On Mar 12, 2013
Abeg ppl quoting Deut 22:5, should get their facts right. In that Age, men were not wearing trousers, they wore long gowns. Trousers came into fashion much later after d bible was written.

1 Like

Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by searay(m): 10:58pm On Mar 12, 2013
tintingz: yes something like...

“A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man
put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your
God. (Deuteromy 22:5)
So what's defines a man's garments and that of a woman?
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by cowgurl: 10:59pm On Mar 12, 2013
NYSC should make this crap optional for Chris' sake and save us the headache, majority are not interested in it's so-called experience - the internship took care of that.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Kennyblues(m): 10:59pm On Mar 12, 2013
tintingz: yes something like...

“A woman shall not wear a man's garment, nor shall a man
put on a woman's cloak, for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your
God. (Deuteromy 22:5)

But she should have put on the khaki trouser since she knew about the khaki trouser in camp. . .atleast not for long, many hijab sisters wear the khaki trouser during camp... smiley

So what exactly is woman's apparel and what is man's garment and btw does it apply to the Eskimos
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Acidosis(m): 11:00pm On Mar 12, 2013
skotch:

Its actually d peak of foolishness!

You are the f00lish one here mister...

I'm sure you've paid alot of bribe and egunje... grin

She stood hr ground and shes not complaining about it grin All I see is a determined young lady who would not bend to any threat...

A potential manager, employee, M.D...

Atleast shes better than those who are ready to bribe their way through anything even if it means opening their legs...

grin
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 11:01pm On Mar 12, 2013
Acidosis: Some of una ladies wey dey insult this girl wey stand her ground are just dum. b

Here is a girl who stood her ground regardless of the threats...

Some of you girls would even dash the nysc coordinator s€. x
grin grin

It is not about the skirt... BUT Determination!
Acidosis, you wey be man, you fit wear skirt?
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 11:01pm On Mar 12, 2013
berem: Oh i see! I understand what you are talking about. For you to be accepted you need to behave like them. As i said, i went to a secondary school in Zamfara and i understand what you mean anyway.

which side of zamfara? abi na which school?? *derailing on my mind* cool cool
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by adoubleu(f): 11:02pm On Mar 12, 2013
Nairalanders, pls let's not put aside the real issue here and tackle the irrelevant one instead.
I think the issue here should be her right as a citizen of this country. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the "right to religion" is part of our fundamental human rights as citizens of this country.

This means that if she has a good reason for not wanting to wear trousers, as she said, based on her religious beliefs, then I think she should be allowed to wear skirt.

I personally wear trousers and during my service year wore the khaki trousers, so my comments are not based on bias.
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by ItsUncleDee(m): 11:02pm On Mar 12, 2013
Policewoman: Pls is dia anywhere in d bible it is written dat women should nt wear trousers? Abi d babe na rev.sister?
yes,thy shal nt wear anytin pertaining to a man vise versa,d buk of deteronomy and timothy cofirmed it
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Acidosis(m): 11:03pm On Mar 12, 2013
berem: Acidosis, you wey be man, you fit wear skirt?

I nor fit wear woman attire.. grin
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 11:03pm On Mar 12, 2013
Kennyblues:

So what exactly is woman's apparel and what is man's garment and btw does it apply to the Eskimos
lol@ Eskimos! grin
Re: Corper Decamped For Refusing To Wear Trousers by Nobody: 11:05pm On Mar 12, 2013
adouble u: Nairalanders, pls let's not put aside the real issue here and tackle the irrelevant one instead.
I think the issue here should be her right as a citizen of this country. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the "right to religion" is part of our fundamental human rights as citizens of this country.

This means that if she has a good reason for not wanting to wear trousers, as she said, based on her religious beliefs, then I think she should be allowed to wear skirt.

I personally wear trousers and during my service year wore the khaki trousers, so my comments are not based on bias.

my point exactly!!! i wear trousers too so i'm not talking out of bias!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Edo Corper, Gbadamosi OluwaMayowa, Arrested For Sleeping With His Student / Fake Corper Arrested At Akwa Ibom NYSC Orientation Camp By Police (Photos) / See What A Nairalander Did When He Collected His NYSC Discharge Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.