Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,094 members, 7,835,691 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

Breaking News: Injustice! Primary6 Certificate Holders Dismissed From New Oyes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Injustice! Primary6 Certificate Holders Dismissed From New Oyes (1278 Views)

13 Ex-Militants Dismissed From Lufthansa Pilot Training School In Germany / APC Full Of Toronto Certificate Holders – Sambo / Escape Of Kabiru Sokoto: Zakari Biu Dismissed From Nigeria Police Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Injustice! Primary6 Certificate Holders Dismissed From New Oyes by maasoap(m): 11:47am On Mar 13, 2013
The rumours had been going on for some time that d primary sch certificate holders who were initially shortlisted for newly recruited OYES cadet volunteers would be dropped. When the announcement was made, it specifically mentioned age cap which must not be above 35years but no mention of minimum qualific of SSCE. Pri sch certholders were shortlisted, made to undergo 3weeks intensive training only for them to be told this morning to go back to their homes. Do u need SSCE to volunteer $ sweep road in Osun?
Re: Breaking News: Injustice! Primary6 Certificate Holders Dismissed From New Oyes by talktimi(m): 11:54am On Mar 13, 2013
G.C.E is not expensive, go back to school and upgrade.

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Injustice! Primary6 Certificate Holders Dismissed From New Oyes by Odunnu: 11:55am On Mar 13, 2013
maasoap: The rumours had been going on for some time that d primary sch certificate holders who were initially shortlisted for newly recruited OYES cadet volunteers would be dropped. When the announcement was made, it specifically mentioned age cap which must not be above 35years but no mention of minimum qualific of SSCE. Pri sch certholders were shortlisted, made to undergo 3weeks intensive training only for them to be told this morning to go back to their homes. Do u need SSCE to volunteer $ sweep road in Osun?
Something about this your post made me sad.
God help this nation
Re: Breaking News: Injustice! Primary6 Certificate Holders Dismissed From New Oyes by maasoap(m): 11:58am On Mar 13, 2013
Seriously, I want people's honest reaction to this. I know that we have ACN apologists on NL just as we have PDP apologists that won't see anything wrong in their masters's every action and inaction. They will defend anything and everything, even if it clearly goes against logic.
Re: Breaking News: Injustice! Primary6 Certificate Holders Dismissed From New Oyes by maasoap(m): 12:07pm On Mar 13, 2013
talktimi: G.C.E is not expensive, go back to school and upgrade.
Who are you advising to go back to school here? We're talking about injustice in Osun and here you are. Do you shortlist people for volunteering, made them go through 3 weeks intensive training, assigning them work portions only for you to tell them that they were hired in error? Even, after they met basic requirements you stated in your advertisement.
Re: Breaking News: Injustice! Primary6 Certificate Holders Dismissed From New Oyes by talktimi(m): 12:07pm On Mar 13, 2013
maasoap: Seriously, I want people's honest reaction to this. I know that we have ACN apologists on NL just as we have PDP apologists that won't see anything wrong in their masters's every action and inaction. They will defend anything and everything, even if it clearly goes against logic.
oga let's be realistic here, this is Nigeria where even a Bsc is worthless in the labor market not to talk of primary 6 certificate. I have come across security guard vacancies in organisations with a minimum of o.n.d certificate so what are you telling me. If you have the chance pls have children that you can train VERY effectively. I only blame the state govt in this instance for deceiving and wasting the time of the applicants of which in advanced countries, the govt would have been sued for time wasting, emotional stress and other wahala for 3 wks.
Re: Breaking News: Injustice! Primary6 Certificate Holders Dismissed From New Oyes by Geomac: 12:08pm On Mar 13, 2013
maasoap: The rumours had been going on for some time that d primary sch certificate holders who were initially shortlisted for newly recruited OYES cadet volunteers would be dropped. When the announcement was made, it specifically mentioned age cap which must not be above 35years but no mention of minimum qualific of SSCE. Pri sch certholders were shortlisted, made to undergo 3weeks intensive training only for them to be told this morning to go back to their homes. Do u need SSCE to volunteer $ sweep road in Osun?

Primary School Certificate in 2013! Your post also made me sad.
Re: Breaking News: Injustice! Primary6 Certificate Holders Dismissed From New Oyes by slimming: 12:11pm On Mar 13, 2013
Nothing is breaking here
Re: Breaking News: Injustice! Primary6 Certificate Holders Dismissed From New Oyes by Acidosis(m): 12:14pm On Mar 13, 2013
God punish the responsible government...
F00lish brainless buffalos

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Injustice! Primary6 Certificate Holders Dismissed From New Oyes by maasoap(m): 12:25pm On Mar 13, 2013
[quote author=talktimi]oga let's be realistic here, this is Nigeria where even a Bsc is worthless in the labor market not to talk of primary 6 certificate. I have come across security guard vacancies in organisations I only blame the state govt in this instance for deceiving and wasting the time of the applicants of which in advanced countries, the govt would have bee
Having observed ur last statement, then what are you saying that I'm not saying here.
Re: Breaking News: Injustice! Primary6 Certificate Holders Dismissed From New Oyes by maasoap(m): 12:25pm On Mar 13, 2013
[quote author=talktimi]oga let's be realistic here, this is Nigeria where even a Bsc is worthless in the labor market not to talk of primary 6 certificate. I have come across security guard vacancies in organisations I only blame the state govt in this instance for deceiving and wasting the time of the applicants of which in advanced countries, the govt would have bee
Having observed ur last statements, then what are you saying that I'm not saying here.
Re: Breaking News: Injustice! Primary6 Certificate Holders Dismissed From New Oyes by maasoap(m): 12:33pm On Mar 13, 2013
Geomac:
Primary School Certificate in 2013! Your post also made me sad.
In 2013, even in advanced countries, you still have people who don't possesed more than that and they are the one you refered to as unskilled labour. They sweep floor, roads, cut grasses, tend to flowers, rail workers, etc. and this is how it will continue to be. But the case here is that they met basic requirements, given letters of appointment, underwent training successfully, then told to go.
Re: Breaking News: Injustice! Primary6 Certificate Holders Dismissed From New Oyes by jmaine: 12:50pm On Mar 13, 2013
maasoap: Do u need SSCE to volunteer $ sweep road in Osun?

Apart from the sad import of your last statement above . . .

I feel the dynamics of competition favors the better placed individuals, which your School Cert holders are deficient in . .

It's not injustice but rather a product of intense competition for slots . . .
Re: Breaking News: Injustice! Primary6 Certificate Holders Dismissed From New Oyes by maasoap(m): 2:53pm On Mar 13, 2013
jmaine:

Apart from the sad import of your last statement above . . .

I feel the dynamics of competition favors the better placed individuals, which your School Cert holders are deficient in . .

It's not injustice but rather a product of intense competition for slots . . .
But why were they shortlisted? Why were they given letters? Why were they made to undergo training for 3 weeks? Why were they kited? Why were they given portions of work?
Re: Breaking News: Injustice! Primary6 Certificate Holders Dismissed From New Oyes by maasoap(m): 3:04pm On Mar 13, 2013
When Dangote wanted to recruit truck drivers, he tagged the exercise "graduate drivers" and people with minimum qualification applied. Masters and Ph D holders also applied as well. They were tested and interviewed. Not all masters and Ph D were recruited as many first degree holders made the final list because they met minimum requirement. They were trained and recently graduated. Imagine Dangote to now tell all first degree holders among them to go back home. Mehn, this is callous.
Re: Breaking News: Injustice! Primary6 Certificate Holders Dismissed From New Oyes by Meritbaba(m): 3:13pm On Mar 13, 2013
source? am living in Oshogbo and have not heard about this
Re: Breaking News: Injustice! Primary6 Certificate Holders Dismissed From New Oyes by maasoap(m): 5:46pm On Mar 13, 2013
Meritbaba: source? am living in Oshogbo and have not heard about this
That's the reason I used the words breaking news. I was privilege to see the names of those who were not affected yesterday night 1,235 in Osogbo LG. They were all officially informed today, it wasn't put on internet (deliberate) unlike in the past. They were told to go and check the new list in their various Local Govt HQs. They're staging protest tomorrow in Osogbo if they can pull certain number of people.
Re: Breaking News: Injustice! Primary6 Certificate Holders Dismissed From New Oyes by maasoap(m): 5:59pm On Mar 13, 2013
That's not all, last SUBEB exam in Osun. The cut-off mark for ex OYES cadets were put at 145 over 300 while that of non-OYES cadets who also wrote d exam was 173. All OYES cadets have collected their Letters of Appointment while non-OYES cadets are still waiting endlessly. Many people who didn't meet the cut-off are being givenLetters secretly. And there is rumour that because of this practice, the cut-off mark for non OYES cadets may be increased to 190. The question is, how many of them scored 190 $above?
Re: Breaking News: Injustice! Primary6 Certificate Holders Dismissed From New Oyes by khadaffi(m): 6:06pm On Mar 13, 2013
Double post
Re: Breaking News: Injustice! Primary6 Certificate Holders Dismissed From New Oyes by khadaffi(m): 6:07pm On Mar 13, 2013
You know for a moment..... I forgot i even attended primary school. Well back to the topic, that was sad. They should look for employment elsewhere and not waste their time protesting.
Re: Breaking News: Injustice! Primary6 Certificate Holders Dismissed From New Oyes by dayokanu(m): 6:15pm On Mar 13, 2013
The same reason Zenith bank would employ a masters holder to be a teller a Job that SSCE or even smart JS3 can do

When there are too many ppl for a position its the survival of the fittest

Didnt Phd holders apply for dangote Driver position

If I want to hire a gateman and a PhD holder apllies and is ready to get the same salary I would give him the job

Its the nature of the market

If Messi offers to play for Enyinba and would collect the same Salary as Sunday Mba who would you choose

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Injustice! Primary6 Certificate Holders Dismissed From New Oyes by Meritbaba(m): 6:44pm On Mar 13, 2013
dayokanu: The same reason Zenith bank would employ a masters holder to be a teller a Job that SSCE or even smart JS3 can do

Didnt Phd holders apply for dangote Driver position

If I want to hire a gateman and a PhD holder apllies and is ready to get the same salary I would give him the job

Its the nature of the market

If Messi offers to play for Enyinba and would collect the same Salary as Sunday Mba who would you choose
Spot on bro Pry 6 Cert. will be useless with lot of opportunities available for the Oyes Cadet in future though am still yet to believe the breaking news from this PDP-apologist
Re: Breaking News: Injustice! Primary6 Certificate Holders Dismissed From New Oyes by maasoap(m): 8:54pm On Mar 13, 2013
Meritbaba: Spot on bro Pry 6 Cert. will be useless with lot of opportunities available for the Oyes Cadet in future though am still yet to believe the breaking news from this PDP-apologist
Was it because I didn't comment like an ACN apologist? Do you even know where I work? Okay, let me tell you this: the cut-off mark for the ex OYES cadets who wrote TESCOM exam is yet to be released but I can tell you it has been decided, 160 $above over 300.
Re: Breaking News: Injustice! Primary6 Certificate Holders Dismissed From New Oyes by maasoap(m): 9:05pm On Mar 13, 2013
[quote author=dayokanu]The same reason Zenith bank would employ a masters holder to be a teller a Job that SSCE or even smart JS3 can do

As I said earlier, u as an employer: 250,000 people applied in ur company, 18,000 were finally shortlisted, given Letters, kited, trained for 3 weeks, assigned to work. Only for you to look up and down and say Pry Sch Cert holders sud go. What were you thinking before? U're wiser than this.
Re: Breaking News: Injustice! Primary6 Certificate Holders Dismissed From New Oyes by maasoap(m): 9:18pm On Mar 13, 2013
Around 6:00pm today, due to growing tension as a result of final declaration which this thread is all about, the directive has been given to all leaders to return their copies of the final list as well as removal of those that have been pasted in each LG HQs. And we have been telling people who wanted to check their names that we're no longer in possession of the copy anymore. Though we don't know what next whether they'll be retained or just doing damage control, time will tell. I'm against injustice.
Re: Breaking News: Injustice! Primary6 Certificate Holders Dismissed From New Oyes by babapupa: 9:35pm On Mar 13, 2013
You are either jobless or you are just another primary school drop out. Find something better to do with your time or concentrate on your primary school studies instead of making up silly internet stories like a jobless loser.
Re: Breaking News: Injustice! Primary6 Certificate Holders Dismissed From New Oyes by maasoap(m): 10:27pm On Mar 13, 2013
babapupa: You are either jobless or you are just another primary school drop out. Find something better to do with your time or concentrate on your primary school studies instead of making up silly internet stories like a jobless loser.
And it makes two us: jobless. Or why are you jumping from one silly internet story to another? The advice is better given to your parents. When next time I need your advice, I'll let you know. Thanks.
Re: Breaking News: Injustice! Primary6 Certificate Holders Dismissed From New Oyes by maasoap(m): 7:28am On Mar 15, 2013
Well, as it is now, everything has been brought to a stand still. The scheme is in mess at the moment. New cadets are not reporting on duty anymore. None of them knows their faith anymore until the cloud is clear. Another names were released yesterday by Osun SUBEB with several names that met the cut-off mark missing while those who were not even invited for interview had their names on the list of newly employed school teachers. Corruption is everywhere and we think Jonathan is the only one involved.
Re: Breaking News: Injustice! Primary6 Certificate Holders Dismissed From New Oyes by Meritbaba(m): 8:51am On Mar 15, 2013
maasoap: Well, as it is now, everything has been brought to a stand still. The scheme is in mess at the moment. New cadets are not reporting on duty anymore. None of them knows their faith anymore until the cloud is clear. Another names were released yesterday by Osun SUBEB with several names that met the cut-off mark missing while those who were not even invited for interview had their names on the list of newly employed school teachers. Corruption is everywhere and we think Jonathan is the only one involved.
Do you mean the cadets I saw working this morning are not reporting to their duty, U got so much time that U are checking the newly shortlist result to know they didn't make the cut-off too, stop this hatred and stop giving fake lies
Re: Breaking News: Injustice! Primary6 Certificate Holders Dismissed From New Oyes by mapet: 9:30am On Mar 15, 2013
@ Massop.....

1. If from your claim, it tends to suggest that you work for the Local government or for agencies having links with OYES, I think you deserved to be fired.
2. You demonstration of warped reasoning is bad enough, but rubbishing you're supposed employer on the social media is very unprofessional
3. The question you ask in itself is a non issue. First of, if my memory serves me right, I don't recall a primary 6 certificate as a criteria for OYES. Even a that I'm not sure any serious government will want to solve a seeming yawning gap of employment in this country and extend it to Primary 6 cert holders. Is that sane to you?
4. Your question of why shortlist them in the first place is unfounded. It is well within the right of the agency to withdraw any shortlist, once they deem the aberration. A shortlist is not an offer for employment.
5. I dug this from the OYES website "Compilation, processing and data capture for database was from 10th Jan to 25th January and this was done in the State as part of capacity building using resources in the State Government, the Local Governments and Osun State University Osogbo. Shortlist of candidates was from 28th Jan to 3rd February. The criteria were defined with weighted percentages for Gender, Age, Qualification, Local Government of origin etc. Special provisions were also made for minorities from other tribes in Nigeria who are residents of Osun."...If as one of the selection criteria, qualification will be used, then its simply straight forward that a pry 6 cert holder will most likely be in the lowest on the pecking order
6. There is nothing wrong if special concession is granted to OYES candidate is the SPEB exams or any other exams in the state. OYES is an "investment" of the state and priority will naturally be given to them. The government had promised that some of them will be absorbed into some state parastatals.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria, South Africa Sign Visa Waiver / Did President Jonathan Promised One Term Or Not? Watch This Video To Confirm. / Impeachment: Nyako Evades Journalists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.