Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race (13793 Views)

Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race / Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race / Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race by Nobody: 6:30am On Mar 14, 2013
THE political space for the Anambra State 2014 governorship polls is getting crowded daily with Senator Annie Okonkwo, who represented the Central District during the last Senate; as well as Tony Nnacheta, a finance expert, signifying their interest to join former Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor, Prof. Chukwuma Soludo, who is believed to still be interested in the coveted position.

"We are looking at it critically. You know am still the standard-bearer of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). If I am going to contest, it will be on the party's ticket", the versatile economist said yesterday.

Soludo flew the flag of the PDP in the February 6, 2010, governorship election in the state but was beaten to the third position by incumbent, Mr. Peter Obi and Senator Chris Ngige.

Senator Okonkwo, one of the leading All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) chieftains to the on-going merger talks with other equally progressive-minded politicians from parts of the country, which resulted in the formation of All Progressives Congress (APC), has revealed his intention to vie too.

Nnacheta, a three-time senatorial candidate and former governorship aspirant of the PDP, with versatile political pedigree, also confirmed his intention to contest. But he admitted to be currently deeply engaged in consultations, adding that he would soon make a public declaration.

Already, Akachukwu Nwankpo, a reported close confidant of President Goodluck Jonathan and his aide has declared his intention to vie for the state's number-one citizenship seat. He is reputed to be a great tactician, hence the President's firm hold on him since his days at the Bayelsa Government House. Both were also said to be classmates and know each other very well.

Source: http://odili.net/news/source/2013/mar/13/4.html
Re: Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race by wellmax(m): 9:39am On Mar 14, 2013
hmm, lets go there
Re: Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race by Afam4eva(m): 9:41am On Mar 14, 2013
[size=14pt]If i say i'm happy, it's an understatement. Thank God Soludo has decided to run again to salvage the situation in Anambra.[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race by Johnnoah1st: 9:41am On Mar 14, 2013
jentlsoul: 1 to comment for first time
meanwhile bros u we need to go back to school cus it seems u no sabi 1,2,3. THANKS
Re: Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race by dady12: 9:42am On Mar 14, 2013
every intresting,obi should be kick out from there since he is one leg in pdp and the other leg in APGA,a political prostitue hiding in APGA
Re: Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 14, 2013
Dora should contest joo.....only dat woman can save d state....ndi igbo kwenu!
Re: Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race by dridowu: 9:46am On Mar 14, 2013
I need to ask my oga at the top may be i should contest also

5 Likes

Re: Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race by Clerverly: 9:47am On Mar 14, 2013
Is either Ngige or I wont follow Anambra politics again. Yea, Clerverly says so angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race by Tolexander: 9:47am On Mar 14, 2013
Let them continue the race. The funniest thing is the eventual winner may not be among them!
Re: Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race by ibomism: 9:47am On Mar 14, 2013
Hmmm, let God's will be done in d beautiful state of anambra

1 Like

Re: Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race by jmichael(m): 9:52am On Mar 14, 2013
Hmm...anambra political terrain is in complete disarray. Its rly gonna b pretty dificult for whoeva decides to run.
Re: Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 14, 2013
Anambra electorates should give Soludo their votes. He is a shinning example in the field of Economics. What Anambra needs now is economic model that will catapult the state to enviable height. And who is more qualified for the job than a Professor of Economics, a former Central bank Governor. Its PDP's Soludo!
Re: Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race by goshen26: 9:57am On Mar 14, 2013
Clerverly: Is either Ngige or I wont follow Anambra politics again. Yea, Clerverly says so angry angry angry
has he given yo some cash?
Re: Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race by devour129: 9:57am On Mar 14, 2013
Larryfly: Dora should contest joo.....only dat woman can save d state....ndi igbo kwenu!
i think so too

1 Like

Re: Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race by condralbede(m): 9:59am On Mar 14, 2013
Ok,no qualms we are waiting come 2015.action movie.
Re: Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race by Taoheed2sure: 9:59am On Mar 14, 2013
I tink anambra ppl sud b wiser dis tym cos if ngige no occupy dat sit come next year dos c any other credible candidate apart him.

2 Likes

Re: Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 14, 2013
Let him continue to squander his CBN money... Na law of karma D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ catch am... Steal it here, indirectly or directly spend it here. Anyways, may the best candidate win.

1 Like

Re: Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race by tommykiwi(m): 10:01am On Mar 14, 2013
Soludo abeg free dis politics oooo because dis one no be CBN job oooo.Dis one na only the strong dey survive ooooo...Dis na my own piece.... of Advice to you
Re: Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race by venorite(m): 10:05am On Mar 14, 2013
Ure a goat,who is soludo? Mtsceew...peter obi all d way jare but me am voting ngige sha
Afam4eva: [size=14pt]If i say i'm happy, it's an understatement. Thank God Soludo has decided to run again to salvage the situation in Anambra.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race by Nobody: 10:06am On Mar 14, 2013
All we are saying, give us Soludo!!!

All we are saying, give us Soludo!!!

But in all honesty, I dont want APGA to lose Anambra state but if its possible for Soludo to decamp to APGA, all fine and good. But I know it will be difficult.

I kind of think Soludo will be a better governor, but besides Soludo, other members of PDP in Anambra state (OBJ boys) are unreliable and in some cases discredited. Soludo is even unlikely to secure the ticket of the PDP and he may eventually decamp to Labour party.

I'm kind of in a dilemma. But in order of preference, any of the following options will be supported by me:

1) Soludo in APGA

2) A credible candidate in APGA (not Ifeanyi Uba of Capital Oil)

3) Soludo in Labour Party

4) Soludo in PDP

As for Ngige, its a capital NO from me.

6 Likes

Re: Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race by Funkymallam(m): 10:07am On Mar 14, 2013
Taoheed2sure: I tink anambra ppl sud b wiser dis tym cos if ngige no occupy dat sit come next year dos c any other credible candidate apart him.

Story!!!
He is the only credible man in Anambra, the same credible man that got rigged in the last time and even went to a shrine to swear.

Talk about the Leopard .... Guess they change their spots these days.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zainab Ahmed Denies Saying FG Plans To Limit Number Of Children / Nigeria, Niger Urged To Fast Track Construction Of Katsina Refinery / 247 Fulani Women To Get N20,000 Grants From Federal Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.