Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,597 members, 7,770,568 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:42 AM

Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 (18103 Views)

Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race / Soludo, Others Join Anambra Governorship Race / Keyamo Declares For 2015 Delta Governorship Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Afam4eva(m): 7:23pm On Dec 26, 2012
I created a similar thread for Abia state a few months ago and we had named of possible contestants for the 2015 election when Theo's tenure will come to an end. Now is the turn of Anambra state. Here's the thread for Abia https://www.nairaland.com/1059107/abia-governorship-race-road-2015

Peter Obi has been an unpopular governor on Nairaland except for a few people who think he has done well. Personally, i don't think he's a failure but i think Anambra deserves better than they're getting. This is a state that possesses both human and natural resources but much is not being done to tap this God given gift. It's a shame that despite possessing the commercial center of the east, the automobile capital of West Africa if not Africa as a whole and possessing some of the brightest Igbos and Nigerians, this state has not taken it's rightful place as a force to be reckoned with and i think that's because the residents have not been able to put square pegs in square holes by voting candidates that will bring the much desired change.

Without further ado, let's go to the business of the day. If you're an Anambrarian, Igbo or a Nigerian and knows a qualified person of Anambra origin who you think is qualified to contest the 2014 election, pls list them here.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Rhino5dm: 7:27pm On Dec 26, 2012
Sai Chris Ngige 2014 cool

13 Likes

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Afam4eva(m): 7:31pm On Dec 26, 2012
^^ I really didn't have the opportunity to assess Ngige in his short stint as governor but a lot of Ndi Anambra seem to believe he did really well. Although i don't know what they're basing it on. I just want someone in the mold of Donald duke or even Fashola for Anambra. My personal choice is Soludo.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Rhino5dm: 7:57pm On Dec 26, 2012
The foundation of structural and infrastructural growth in Anambra was laid by Ngige. Come to think of a man that can stake his government and all he has to fight the Ubas backed by evil Obj. He proved to be reliable by the monumental achievements he recorded during his short stay in office.

I'm personally okay with anything that is not PDP. I'll be glad to see south east coming out with a single voice and demands that would strengthen regional integration and developments. The likes of Ken Nnamani or Orji Kalu are good candidates to head the south eastern political machine. Orji Kalu is a necessary evil like Tinubu.

afam4eva: ^^ I really didn't have the opportunity to assess Ngige in his short stint as governor but a lot of Ndi Anambra seem to believe he did really well. Although i don't know what they're basing it on. I just want someone in the mold of Donald duke or even Fashola for Anambra. My personal choice is Soludo.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 26, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
The foundation of structural and infrastructural growth in Anambra was laid by Ngige. Come to think of a man that can stake his government and all he has to fight the Ubas backed by evil Obj. He proved to be reliable by the monumental achievements he recorded during his short stay in office.

I'm personally okay with anything that is not PDP. I'll be glad to see south east coming out with a single voice and demands that would strengthen regional integration and developments. The likes of Ken Nnamani or Orji Kalu are good candidates to head the south eastern political machine. Orji Kalu is a necessary evil like Tinubu.

I like Ngige but i think he is a questionable character.The events that brought him to power and the drama he found himself in compelled him to endear himself to the hearts of Anambra people.He had one chance to do it and i think he utilised it but i doubt if he wld,ve done same if not not for the Okija scandal and the Kidnap saga.Those two events could have soiled and crushed his political career, but he did the wise and brave thing by not bowing to Evil Chris Uba.I think he wld,ve been a different gov.if not for those events.
It,ll be interesting to see what Soludo will offer,he seems like someone with a good vision,whether he posseses the tenacity and discipline of someone like Fashola is a different thing.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by PointB: 8:28pm On Dec 26, 2012
Whatever Ngige did in Anambra was to avoid the booby traps set for him by Obj, who was after him. Under that circumstance, Ngige had no choice than to spend Anambra's money in Anambra. Given a level playing ground, I doubt he will deliver much.

I think Anambra state deserves someone like Soludo or Dora Akunyili. But I rather see Soludo go for President or Finance Minister. The guy is a visionary and an astute manager!

5 Likes

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 26, 2012
My problem is that they are all the same
The bad people always win

1 Like

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 26, 2012
PointB: Whatever Ngige did in Anambra was to avoid the booby traps set for him by Obj, who was after him. Under that circumstance, Ngige had no choice than to spend Anambra's money in Anambra. Given a level playing ground, I doubt he will deliver much.

I think Anambra state deserves someone like Soludo or Dora Akunyili. But I rather see Soludo go for President or Finance Minister. The guy is a visionary and an astute manager!
I completely agree with you. Soludo or Dora Akunyili will be fantastic choice.
Ngige may have tried in first try(only road construction), but I think he has questionable character.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by dtruth3(m): 8:56pm On Dec 26, 2012
whoever that is not frm anambra north will not rule anambra come 2014..
this is because anambra north is the only geo-political zone that has not produced a governor in the state...
so i sugest Hon. Obi Anosike frm Umuleri (former gubernitorial running mate to Soludo)...
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by tobechi20(m): 8:57pm On Dec 26, 2012
Dora acquilli
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by MrGlobe(m): 9:06pm On Dec 26, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Sai Chris Ngige 2014 cool
Sorry ACN is not allowed to rule Anambra State. You can replace Fashola with Ngige in 2015. When Ngige is serious to rule Anambra again he will do the Needful

6 Likes

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Clerverly: 9:08pm On Dec 26, 2012
Rhino.5dm:

Oga Rhino.5dm, please do not debase Tinubu who is a political intelligent "machine" by comparing him with that coward cum opportunist called Orji Kalu. This was a man i placed so much hope to be the liberator of the long-suffering, marginalized and relegated Igbo nation. The man whom i thought was strong willed to have had the courage and nerve to call Tony Anene to answers to some allegations of misappropriating 350b meant for construction of roads especially the ones at the Easter Region. This was a man who build a house ( sorry party) and later abandoned it to become a tenant in another man's house but was later rejected. But alas, Orji disappointed we the Igbos in all these fronts. Call Tinubu names or anything, though i know sometimes is out of jealousy from my Igbo brothers, he is a political war machine, he is consistent, he is a progressive, he is intelligent, he is vexed in propaganda....yes thats how to be relevant in Nigerian political context. He is gifted and witty! When are we going to find our "dirty" Tinubu. Yes, Afam4eva Nwannem, that is the kind of leader, we the Igbo are seriously and earnestly yearning for at this important point of our history! Leave the PDP apologists and their cohorts because they are afraid of Igbo having somebody like Tinubu since we had lost Our own Chuba Okadigbo(oyi of oyi of the blessed memory).
The major problem we have in Igboland is that we pander so much to any Government in power whether this is out of sheer lack of political sophistication, cowardice or inability to
speak fairly with one voice or combination of the above, the political scientist are yet to unravel this. The log goes;
Shagari--------------Igbos voted massively
IBB------------------Cheiftancy Titles here and there!
1993 Elections------- Igbos supported IBB candidates.
Abacha----------------Strongest base was East.
Obasanjo--------------- Igbos supported him against our own Ekwueme
Yardua- ---------------won all the states in East
GEJ- -------------------Largest support base is in the East

I always laugh away people's ignorance when they claim, Igbo support Jonathan out of tribal or ethnic lines because had Yardua been alive today, he would have enjoyed the same massive support as Jonathan from the Igbo. We are too timid and crude when it comes to playing Nigerian politics, always not wanting to upset the apple cart. Until we do that for once, other regions will never respect and give us our deals when it comes to sharing the spoils.
Back to the thread.....Afam for me Ngige remains the Best Candidate for now.
Pls you can reply or quote me but no insults abeg.

10 Likes

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by MrGlobe(m): 9:08pm On Dec 26, 2012
Soludo.... next governor insha Allah

I don't want all these jokers to repeat the play that brought the jackass and fraud Peter obi into power in the last election
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by mike404(m): 9:10pm On Dec 26, 2012
SOLUTION ALL THE WAY cool
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Sealeddeal(m): 9:10pm On Dec 26, 2012
Whoever run under PDP flag will fail or be killed by gods. any qualified candidate under APGA is in best position to lead anambra
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by MrGlobe(m): 9:13pm On Dec 26, 2012
Clerverly:

Oga Rhino.5dm, please do not debase Tinubu who is a political intelligent "machine" by comparing him with that coward cum opportunist called Orji Kalu. This was a man i placed so much hope to be the liberator of the long-suffering, marginalized and relegated Igbo nation. The man whom i thought was strong willed to have had the courage and nerve to call Tony Anene to answers to some allegations of misappropraiting 350b meant for construction of roads especially the ones at the Easter Region. This was a man who build a house ( sorry party) and later abadoned it to become a tenant in another man's house but was later rejected. But ala, Orji disappointed we the Igbos in all these fronts. Call Tinubu names or anything, though i know sometimes is out of jealousy from my Igbo brothers, he is a political war machine, he is consistent, he is a progressive, he is intelligent, he is vexed in propaganda....yes thats how to be relevant in Nigerian political context. He is gifted and witty! When are we going to find our "dirty" Tinubu. Yes, Afam4eva Nwannem, that is the kind of leader, we the Igbo are seriously and earnestly yearning for at this important point of our history! Leave the PDP apologists and their cohorts because they are afraid of Igbo having somebody like Tinubu since we had lost Our own Chuba Okadigbo(oyi of oyi of the blessed memory).
The major problem we have in Igboland is that we pander so much to any Government in power whether this is out of sheer lack of political sophistication, cowardice or inability to
speak fairly with one voice or combination of the above, the political scientist are yet to unravel this. The log goes;
Shagari-Igbos voted massively
IBB-Cheiftancy Titles here and there!
1993 Elections- supported IBB candidates.
Abacha- Strong base East.
Obasanjo- Igbos supported him against our own Ekwueme
Yardua- won all the states in East
GEJ- Large support base in the East
I always laugh away people's ignorance when they claim, Igbo support Jonathan out of tribal or ethnic lines because had Yardua been alive today, he would have enjoyed the same massive support as Jonathan from the Igbo. We are too timid and crude when it comes to playing Nigerian politics, always not wanting to upset the apple cart. Until we do that for once, other regions will never respect and give us our deals when it comes to sharing the spoils.
Back to the thread.....Afam for me Ngige remains the Best Candidate for now.
Pls you can reply or quote me but no insults abeg.
pls shut up. your entire epistle belongs to the thrash. your ignorance is second to none. smh

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by MrGlobe(m): 9:16pm On Dec 26, 2012
Sealeddeal: Whoever run under PDP flag will fail or be killed by gods. any qualified candidate under APGA is in best position to lead anambra
in the current Nigeria I prefer PDP to ACN, APGA, CPC, blah blah. All of them are thieves and should not be trusted. I can't wait until INEC deregisters all their azz. APGA is unpopular in Anambra anyway and Rochas I think will soon join PDP.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Afam4eva(m): 9:18pm On Dec 26, 2012
I'm really tipping Soludo for the position but considering that he's in PDP, it's really gonna be difficult except he goes to APGA and i doubt he will get the ticket there considering the fact that it seem as though Dora Akunyili is a governor in waiting. Though Dora won't be a bad choice too. She has forresight too and is very hardworking.

Who's from Anny Okonkwo's senatorial to zone. What did he do as a senator?

let's keep the nominations coming...
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Clerverly: 9:28pm On Dec 26, 2012
Mr. Globe:

pls shut up. your entire epistle belongs to the thrash. your ignorance is second to none. smh
Hey, Mr. PDP, i said no insults lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Sealeddeal(m): 9:29pm On Dec 26, 2012
Mr. Globe:

in the current Nigeria I prefer PDP to ACN, APGA, CPC, blah blah. All of them are thieves and should not be trusted. I can't wait until INEC deregisters all their azz. APGA is unpopular in Anambra anyway and Rochas I think will soon join PDP.
.. If u trust PDP in anambra,then i can easily say that u're quarreling with anambra state.the set of people in anambra PDP are the greatest enemies of Igboland.APGA is in best position to lead;check their ranks and u'll discover it too.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by chino11(m): 9:33pm On Dec 26, 2012
HMMMMM
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by baksonlee: 9:36pm On Dec 26, 2012
[size=13pt]Ifeanyi Ubah[/size]
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Rhino5dm: 9:40pm On Dec 26, 2012
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/617433[/img]

Mr. Globe:

Sorry ACN is not allowed to rule Anambra State. You can replace Fashola with Ngige in 2015. When Ngige is serious to rule Anambra again he will do the Needful
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by MrGlobe(m): 9:54pm On Dec 26, 2012
Sealeddeal: .. If u trust PDP in anambra,then i can easily say that u're quarreling with anambra state.the set of people in anambra PDP are the greatest enemies of Igboland.APGA is in best position to lead;check their ranks and u'll discover it too.
APGA is currently leading. What have they done? not even a local govt election in 7 years. Ngige under PDP did more in less than 2 years than APGA is currently doing in 7 years. It's not about party in Nigeria, its about personality.

The problem is that Nigerians are highly gullible. The educated ones are still illiterates that's why propaganda sells well in Nigeria. Am not PDP, I don't care about PDP but tell me a better alternative. Remember Enugu, Akwa Ibom, Rivers are all PDP states all better than the opposition
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by MrGlobe(m): 9:56pm On Dec 26, 2012
did I just see Akunyili.

This thread has become a joke
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by chino11(m): 9:56pm On Dec 26, 2012
Mr. Globe:

APGA is currently leading. What have they done? not even a local govt election in 7 years. Ngige under PDP did more in less than 2 years than APGA is currently doing in 7 years. It's not about party in Nigeria, its about personality.

The problem is that Nigerians are highly gullible. The educated ones are still illiterates that's why propaganda sells well in Nigeria. Am not PDP, I don't care about PDP but tell me a better alternative. Remember Enugu, Akwa Ibom, Rivers are all PDP states all better than the opposition

Nwanne easy.. cheesy
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Clerverly: 10:00pm On Dec 26, 2012
Mr. Globe:

Confused human being......I am not PDP, I dont care about PDP, blah blah blah. Tell that to the crabs. We know you here in nairaland as PDP's asss licker!

1 Like

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Rhino5dm: 10:04pm On Dec 26, 2012
Mr. Globe:

[size=14pt]Sorry ACN is not allowed to rule Anambra State[/size]. You can replace Fashola with Ngige in 2015. When Ngige is serious to rule Anambra again he will do the Needful

You wrote this^^^

Mr. Globe:

APGA is currently leading. What have they done? not even a local govt election in 7 years. Ngige under PDP did more in less than 2 years than APGA is currently doing in 7 years. [size=14pt]It's not about party in Nigeria, its about personality.[/size]

. . .and you quickly wrote this ^^^ on a single thread. What a useless toad you are.

Abeg where is my famous GIF?

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by Afam4eva(m): 10:06pm On Dec 26, 2012
Pls let's not derail this thread. Stay on topic.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by MrGlobe(m): 10:06pm On Dec 26, 2012
Clerverly:
Confused human being......I am not PDP, I dont care about PDP, blah blah blah. Tell that to the crabs. We know you here in nairaland as PDP's asss licker!
so anybody that tries to reason logically is pdp in your books pig. ok am pdp asss licker while you are ACN asss licker. what's the difference between me and you. dummy
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by MrGlobe(m): 10:09pm On Dec 26, 2012
Rhino.5dm:

You wrote this^^^

. . .and you quickly wrote this ^^^ on a single thread. What a useless toad you are.

Abeg where is my famous GIF?

grin grin

I meant political parties not business empires. ACN is still personality - thiefumbu.
Re: Anambra Governorship Race - Road To 2014 by kokoA(m): 10:14pm On Dec 26, 2012
I don't know much about that state but personally I kinda like dat Ngige..he seem like an independent minded person. Soludo is a tested technocrat but PDP is evil, they will never allow his government succeed. Akunyili is a joker in my opinion, can't be trusted.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why APC Cannot Impeach Ekweremadu - BLOTRS / Ambode Swears-in New 19 Permanent Secretaries In Lagos / Buhari Has Reduced Himself To President Of Katsina, Not Of Nigeria — Pa Adebanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.