Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,893 members, 7,821,121 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years (24450 Views)

Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! / Angola Set To Overtake Nigeria / Ogun Poised To Overtake Lagos In Development! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by Fogman(m): 12:52pm On Apr 15, 2013
How do we prove this to the ordinary man on the street, with less than $1 to feed for a day.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by ckkris: 12:59pm On Apr 15, 2013
fados4sure:
Bush man! What has corruption, insecurity and epileptic power supply got to do with GDP?
Everything. The huge amount spent on importing fake generators can change things. Do you live in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by chucky234(m): 1:10pm On Apr 15, 2013
We have heard that severally in the past 20 years but SA economy keep growing why the Nigeria economy has remain nothing but the opposite,imagine those chronic goons called politicians looting our nation dry yet makes mockery of the masses.
I don't blame them sha,I blame gullible Nigerians who celebrates and worships mediocrity even when its glaring that those discombobulated politicians are deceiving them while they enriched their bank accounts with our wealth.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by AMvanquish: 1:39pm On Apr 15, 2013
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by AMvanquish: 1:39pm On Apr 15, 2013
All this grammar of economic growth, yet nothing changes for the common man.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by Itoroetti(m): 1:45pm On Apr 15, 2013
Is south africa not corrupt?read about corruption in SA and u will be amaze.
We still have a lot of way to go,but if we reduce the rate of import,surely,no african country will come close.
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by obi123: 2:14pm On Apr 15, 2013
well hello DENIAL!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by successcertain: 2:16pm On Apr 15, 2013
Lol I wonder which part of Nigeria to overtake South africa? is this a car race? The only significant impact are only accessible on newspaper and media house the physical one are the 50 percent of Nigerian states That are in ruins with cold murderer happening every day by day. Lol at overtaken the street I grew up on in Nigerian since the past 25 years still in dust and yet we have a government playing and toying with the minds of Nigerian. Thunder fire you all political crook and hooligan of a leader I will be part of the killing when the times is right
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by jidewin(m): 2:18pm On Apr 15, 2013
*Yawns* why must everything be a competition between Nigeria and South Africa and not Nigeria and China or is it outright impossible our dear country (if it still remain as Nigeria) could not be a producing and manufacturing economic driven compared to our current consumer economics? Haba we no see better competition na d one wey dey share looting looting with. angry.
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by chezholy(m): 2:22pm On Apr 15, 2013
Na BIG LIE joooooooor!!!
....na just SCAM of d highest level.
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by omenka(m): 2:23pm On Apr 15, 2013
Overtake them in the race back to the stone age I guess.

Only someone with brain the size of sesame seed and head the size of an elephant's can believe an amebo like this.
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by browncool(m): 2:25pm On Apr 15, 2013
KINGwax: Is SA using a motocycle?
No they use bicycle grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by browncool(m): 2:30pm On Apr 15, 2013
I was hoping to see a name of any politician who made this silly statement but non. When shall we fix this country instead of just talking and bragging of what we can never do attain.
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by dokia: 3:02pm On Apr 15, 2013
234blog....is that a credible news source?? I will wait until the financial times says it smiley We have heard this song before

---------------------------
Best Rates to Nigeria: http://www.smileandtalk.com
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by parki: 3:16pm On Apr 15, 2013
This is in our dreams and not in reality. Maybe what the poster wanted to say was that: Nigeria will over-take SA by Foot and not that our economy will overtake that of SA in the next 2 years.
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by klemony: 3:27pm On Apr 15, 2013
you are right juan.infact,this is what the international institutions like world bank and imf together with the private institutions have been saying that Nigeria economy will supass the South african economy before 2020. I think u're wrong concerning the percentage of SA projected economic growth. it is said to be around 3.6%. Nigeria's economic growth figure had been measure using 1990 has the base year.there will be a shoot-up when its been calculated using 2008 as the base which will matches up with the SA GDP growth.
However,Nigeria still lags behind in terms of development.We are a monoproduct economy with our oil export contributing to 90% of our foreign earnings. SA has other natural resources in which they've nutured that is reviving her economy like shipping,servicing,diamond,tourism,metal works,hides and skins etc.
SA owns companies national and international that its contributing to her economy such like MTN,STANDARD BANK,STANBIC IBTC,STANDARD CHARTERED etc. In Nigeria we only have few like Dangote group and Globalcom that are doing well outside Nigeria. Insecurity is another big problem in Nigeria.Bokoharam in the north and the mend threatning in the south has really cost us alot of FDI.
Also,countries that surrounded south africa were having a relatively peace in thier region while countries that surrounds us like Chad,Mali,Niger,Ivory coast are having a links of terrorist group operating in thier country. moreover,SA has her currency been used by countries like Lesotho,Namibia,Zimbabwe etc that has strengthing their her rand while Nigeria still thinking of how to use a common currency with Ecowas sub-region.

Another issue is the brain drain problem.Nigeria had lost most of her human capital to most of these developed economy like the uk and united states.Most of our doctors,engineers,economist,lawyers,artisans have moved to these countries including south africa for teaching due to unstable economy.

I believed Nigeria will reach her full potential if it can provide a secured enviroment for business to trive and diversify her economy to an export base type. God bless Nigeria !! ! !

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by Nobody: 3:30pm On Apr 15, 2013
The more reason why Nigeria should remain one.

However difficult, its not an impossibility
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by Godogwu: 4:52pm On Apr 15, 2013
ochukoccna:
Exactly
And why is it that our 'improving' economy not reflecting in the lives of the 'ordinary' man?!

Dunno what you mean by "ordinary man" but it is definitely reflecting on people; the entertainment industry, buisness sector, private sector etc.

See this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnXCfCA0p9A%22
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by Evestar200(f): 4:52pm On Apr 15, 2013
Over take who? Nd with wetin? Wen price of OIL don come down 4 international market
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by Godogwu: 4:56pm On Apr 15, 2013
Fogman: How do we prove this to the ordinary man on the street, with less than $1 to feed for a day.

There is no one like that!!!!! Jeez!
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by freebloke: 5:01pm On Apr 15, 2013
KINGwax: Is SA using a motocycle?
yes o!
And 9ja wan use bicycle overtake am.
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by Godogwu: 5:02pm On Apr 15, 2013
chucky234: We have heard that severally in the past 20 years but SA economy keep growing why the Nigeria economy has remain nothing but the opposite,imagine those chronic goons called politicians looting our nation dry yet makes mockery of the masses.
I don't blame them sha,I blame gullible Nigerians who celebrates and worships mediocrity even when its glaring that those discombobulated politicians are deceiving them while they enriched their bank accounts with our wealth.

Fcukery!!! Total fuckery, the hate some of you have for politicians and government officials will blind any and every good thing or progress achieved by them. Keep staying at some cyber cafe day in- day out waiting for someone to enrich your own bank account with "your money" . Sigh... You guys need to chill, some of you talk as if these people don't earn salaries and good ones as at that.
Keep blaming the government and waiting for them and you will never leave your poverty strick'n life.
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by Kairoseki77: 5:02pm On Apr 15, 2013
Tusky44: We can only overtake the afrikaners on gdp but not gdp per capita. We cannot overtake them on infrastructure as we are going at the moment.

In all these, I don't just understand why we get fixed on overtaking another African country. If South Africa and Nigeria continue to make remarkable economic progress, it can only be a good thing for the continent.

Stop the bitterness. grin although those white afrikaans can be a bit annoying with their prejudices.

What the hell does this have to do with Afrikanners?
They are like 10% of South Africa's population.
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by Franky9584(m): 5:42pm On Apr 15, 2013
Do nigeria hv vision at all. I tot we(nigeria) z working toward being 1 of d 20 top economy by yr 2020...vision 20:2020. I wonder y we take pride in bringing it on paper abt toping SA in 2years time. Yet we claim 2b gaint of Africa. Wot a shameDo nigeria hv vision at all. I tot we(nigeria) z working toward being 1 of d 20 top economy by yr 2020...vision 20:2020. I wonder y we take pride in bringing it on paper abt toping SA in 2years time. Yet we claim 2b gaint of Africa. Wot a shameDo nigeria hv vision at all. I tot we(nigeria) z working toward being 1 of d 20 top economy by yr 2020...vision 20:2020. I wonder y we take pride in bringing it on paper abt toping SA in 2years time. Yet we claim 2b gaint of Africa. Wot a shame
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by costan306(m): 6:15pm On Apr 15, 2013
the economy z getting bigger n pple re getting poorer
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by chucky234(m): 6:42pm On Apr 15, 2013
Godogwu:

Fcukery!!! Total fuckery, the hate some of you have for politicians and government officials will blind any and every good thing or progress achieved by them. Keep staying at some cyber cafe day in- day out waiting for someone to enrich your own bank account with "your money" . Sigh... You guys need to chill, some of you talk as if these people don't earn salaries and good ones as at that.
Keep blaming the government and waiting for them and you will never leave your poverty strick'n life.
Where is this half-baked chronic illiterate is coming from,and you dumbly think everyone access the internet from cyber cafe like your wretched self.
Good to know that you are happy with politicians looting our money in the name of salaries and allowances while the ordinary man wallow in poverty,I underestimated your foolish:ness and I have nothing but pity for you.
What a chronic discombobulated wretched poverty stricken goon roaming aimlessly on NL with no hope of livelihood,idio:t.
Re: Nigeria's Economy Set To Overtake South-Africa's In Two Years by ade101(m): 6:55pm On Apr 15, 2013
Dibiachukwu: overtaking SA economy is not a feat to be Proud of. Why is Niggeria happy with under-achivement.

9ja with their ego sha. we are yet to even surpass SA economically and you have even rubbished the goal. okay ooo, don't worry our target is to jump them overnight.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

APC To Hold One-Million-Man March This Saturday / Many Killed As Explosion Rocks Damaturu Sunday Market / We’ll No Longer Tolerate Attacks On Northerners – NEF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.