Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,405 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! (18524 Views)

Nigeria Economy: We ‘re Starting From Scratch - Buhari / Diversification of Nigeria Economy : We Need Techs more than Agric !e / Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy Given Current Growth Rate (EXCLUSIVE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by ishiamu(m): 8:27am On Feb 13, 2015
According to a recently released PWC report available on most top British & European Newspapers and Tabloids, The UK economy will be overtaken by Nigeria and Mexico by 2050 as the country currently sitting among the Top Ten economies in the World may be displaced by these emerging economies given the current GDP growth rate of the country.The UK’s economy’s will lag behind emerging markets, as its GDP growth rate falls from 2.3 per cent in 2014 to around 1.8 per cent in 2050, the report attributesan aging population and slothfulness among the countries workers as reason for the decline in the UK’s productivity.Nigeria currently the 39th strongest Economy in the World under President Jonathan’s government in terms of GDP, Vietnam and the Philippines have high projected average growth rates of around 4.5-5.5 per cent per year until 2050. Malaysia is also projected to grow at around 4 per cent, which is higher than China’s projected average growth rate of around 3.5 per cent.By 2050, according to a World Bank, Goldman Sachs study it is believed that if this current growth rate is maintained, Mexico will have become the Eight biggesteconomy in the world, and Nigeria the 13th by 2050. Turkey, Vietnam, Colombia, Poland and Malaysia are also slated to be the fast-growing large economies in the years taking us up to the middle of the century.John Hawksworth, PwC’s chief economist, said: “Europe needs to up its game if it’s not to be left behind by this historic shift of global economic power, which is moving us back to the kind of Asian-led world economy last seen before the Industrial Revolution. The US may hold up better, provided it can remain at the global technological frontier, and the UK could also perform well by G7 standards if it remains open to trade, investment, people and ideas.”However, while it is easy to cite mammoth growth for emerging markets, PwC did state that for these economies to realise their full potential, their respective governments would need to pursue and maintain sensible economic policies.

http://www.thewhistleng.com/we-dont-want-this-to-change-nigeria-mexico-to-overtake-uk-economy-given-current-growth-rate-exclusive/

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by ishiamu(m): 8:29am On Feb 13, 2015
Apc have eyes but can not see..... God bless my president God bless nigeria.

Gej till 2019

My president is black my lambo is blue. grin cheesy

153 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by SMALLPENIS(f): 8:32am On Feb 13, 2015
My President is black, my lambo is red grin

GEJ till 2019

now, the question is, how old will I be in 2050 undecided

63 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by ishiamu(m): 8:32am On Feb 13, 2015
ishiamu:
Apc have eyes but can not see..... God bless my president God bless nigeria.

Gej till 2019

My president is black my lambo is blue. grin cheesy

Temitemi1, firefire, phockphockman, nigerianvenom, msmon, biafranqueen, clevvermind, barcanista, omenka, berem, ishilove, lalasticlala, muguliciousmugu, ikengawo, ngwakwe, obinoscopy, mynd44, idumose, showyourcertificate, severussnape, seun et all

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by Nobody: 8:44am On Feb 13, 2015
Forget the statistics; there are three things: lies, damn lies and statistics (Pat Utomi).

35 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by drkay9: 8:45am On Feb 13, 2015

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by Nobody: 8:47am On Feb 13, 2015
I am happy that they recognized our potentials, but I still don't get the true message. We keep hearing that we are growing without experiencing real development. Nigeria for sure have potentials, but again where is the real growth? Why is NOI being so crafty with statistics?

26 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by ellechrystal(f): 8:47am On Feb 13, 2015
It is well
I pray Nigeria gets better, I c a brighter future.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by ellechrystal(f): 8:52am On Feb 13, 2015
tpacalipse:
Forget the statistics; there are three things: lies, damn lies and statistics (Pat Utomi).
What do u really want Truth right?
Has any Nigerian politician ever told d truth?
Pat utomi is also a liar, all of them r liars, just appreciate d little u c for now.
That's all

15 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by clevvermind(m): 9:38am On Feb 13, 2015
anybody calling Jonathan clueless is a witch or wizard. he or she is an enemy of progress. God punish devil. Jonathan till 2019 jor. haters should do the needful, they should look for the nearest transformer to hug.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by ishiamu(m): 11:06am On Feb 13, 2015
clevvermind:
anybody calling Jonathan clueless is a witch or wizard. he or she is an enemy of progress. God punish devil. Jonathan till 2019 jor. haters should do the needful, they should look for the nearest transformer to hug.

The apc mods has turned a blind eye to the thread instead they put up don jazzy and his girl friend wonder how that shit will help us in future smh.... lalasticlala, ishilove, obinoscopy do what's right ooo

20 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by clevvermind(m): 11:21am On Feb 13, 2015
ishiamu:

The apc mods has turned a blind eye to the thread instead they put up don jazzy and his girl friend wonder how that shit will help us in future smh.... lalasticlala, ishilove, obinoscopy do what's right ooo
if it was anti-Jonathan's thread now, it would quickly be moved to the front page. God dey sha.

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by haibe(m): 11:57am On Feb 13, 2015
That's what we always hear
Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by teemanbastos(m): 11:58am On Feb 13, 2015
Economy good yet i dy struggle, xo whatz d benefit of good economy? undecided
gej is workingundecided

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by Dannyset(m): 11:58am On Feb 13, 2015
We will get there.
We won't CHANGE the good ones. We know we can be BETTER. But from all indications, We need CHANGE. So if ur not afraid, let's go to the polls. Don't dcv us. The same way u told us our economy is fast growing and we are not seeing in reality. THE CHANGE HAS COME. If u hav any differing opinion, pls cry me a river. Hahahaha!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by Babaneh(m): 11:59am On Feb 13, 2015
Let's wait till it overtakes..

I can't keep documenting what's yet obtainable...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by englishmart(m): 11:59am On Feb 13, 2015
in celine dione's voice "until then goodbye"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by Burger01(m): 11:59am On Feb 13, 2015
By 2050 lon lon! We want to overtake them now!

Vote Buhari

#Change
#March4Buhari
#iHaveDecided

18 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by free2ryhme: 11:59am On Feb 13, 2015
And people are leaving nigeria and mexico to the UK to study, nice wages and quality lifestyle.

Hope the author of this write up no smoke smoething sha

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by waternogetemeny: 12:00pm On Feb 13, 2015
Our economy is doing well with GEJ even UK, Europe and USA feels threatened by the pace of growth and development.

Our growth means catching up and catching up means going down in economic power of UK, USA AND EUROPE.

Forward ever, backward never. GEJ for Life...

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by madridguy(m): 12:00pm On Feb 13, 2015
GDP going rise while the common Nigeria are dying in abject POVERTY. Do we need to wait till 2050 before common Nigerian can have access to Good Health, Good Water, Good road network, security and countless social amenities.

So with these rating can we now assume that we are enjoying more than Canadian? Italian ?.......... We need all this GDP in practical not in paper..

GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by celeron40(m): 12:00pm On Feb 13, 2015
This government is playing on our intelligence....GDP is no longer being widely accepted as a measure of economic development...it can only measure economic growth per period..Modern day economists use the Human Development Index(developed by Amartya Sen for the UNDP in 1990) as the real measure of economic development...The GEJ's government's main theme is that we have the "largest economy in Africa"...of course we will have the largest! We have a hughe population..,Nigeria's HDI indices is one of the lowest in the world so of what use is some B.S IMF piece of paper measurement to the average man on the streets? If GEJ was intelligent, which he is not, his government will address Power supply as a main theme..Job creation, industralization and economic growth is tied with the power sector..then, we will have REAL economic growth, economic devt. And increase in living standards..
Keep your yeye GDP analysis to yourselfs..biggest economy, yet mind-blowing poverty.

These figures don't fool me.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by Shedysworld(m): 12:00pm On Feb 13, 2015
Great news!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by IDOHOU: 12:01pm On Feb 13, 2015
mtchew
Ngozi okonjo iweala from World bank
Olusegun aganga from goldman

UK by 2050 ---5.69.
nigeria 4.91

and the topic says we will overtake

who is fooling who.

they told us same thing that by 2020, now its 2050, soon it will be 2100

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by BrAkingNews: 12:01pm On Feb 13, 2015
ok
Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by Nobody: 12:01pm On Feb 13, 2015
2050? undecided Lets hope that Boko Haram do not bomb us all before then. sad
meanwhile, Nigeria to overtake Pluto Darkness before 201... **battery too low for radio use**
cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by UrennaNkoli(f): 12:01pm On Feb 13, 2015
Good but that rigorous journey to year 2050 starts from march 28 .Only change can make this a reality. Not at this useless tenure where a £ = #312

#VoteforBuhari

please vote wisely

[size=18pt]Sai Buhari[/size]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by deejayterabyte(m): 12:02pm On Feb 13, 2015
grin
Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by jude33084(m): 12:02pm On Feb 13, 2015
Hahahahaha! cheesy cheesy cheesy

The title though grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by unite4real: 12:02pm On Feb 13, 2015
the graph did not show that Nigeria economy overtook uk in 2050 as estimated. You can change the heading to read that nigeria economy to rank 13th in the world by 2050 as estimated.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Mexico To Overtake UK Economy, We Don’t Want This To “CHANGE”! by Nobody: 12:02pm On Feb 13, 2015
At N312 to £1 and still rising?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Court Dismisses Udom Emmanuel’s Appeal, Voids Poll In 18 LGAs / Protest Against Rivers Judiciary Ongoing In Port-Harcourt.PICS / The Story Of Col Frank Omenka, The Butcher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.