Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States (12000 Views)

Igbos Contribute More To The Economy Of Nigeria / Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH / Nigeria's GDP By Sector - Oil Isn't The Major Source Of Our Income (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Biafrarep(m): 11:00am On Mar 16, 2013
outofthebox:
only one igbo state made it to the top 10..am laughing in swahili
Fvck off, three Igbo states are in the first ten or cant you see?
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by omonnakoda: 11:01am On Mar 16, 2013
Biafra rep: you disgust me, ignorant troll. What do you stand to acheive by justaposing SE GDP againt that of the SW? Now let me tell you that I am very much impressed by the performance of SE states, yes, despite lack of federal presence in the SE and Igbos investing heavily in other states of the federation, they still performed well.
Despite lack of Federal presence ? There is no airport in the SW but there is the REFURBISHED
Enugun Airport in the SE Calabar and Benin in SS.
We keep hearing this whining of Federal presence but the SW is the only region without an airport and still thriving.
SW just gets on with it while you keep moaning like a female canine

3 Likes

Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by kettykin: 11:01am On Mar 16, 2013
emmatok:

You continue with your failure.

Oyo is a city,Ibadan is another city apart from other cities in Oyo State.

So why are you claiming Oyo is a city state.

Am happy you are on the internet, kindly read-up the meaning of GDP.

Igbos who enjoyed Awo free education are better.

i have not seen so much ignorance in NL of recent but for reputation sake i will try and educate you

Now oyo state has many Local Government Areas about 34 LGA among these LGAs are Oyo west and Ogbomosho North, Ogbomosho South.

out of the 34 LGA Ibadan is the only city , Oyo is just a town while Ogbomosho is another town

because Oyo state has just 1 City i referred to it as[b] a 1 city state [/b]

The original post is below

Other infractions noticeable include the high rating of Oyo state at number 4 after delta state , Oyo state is a 1 city state , this means Oyo state has only 1 city which is

My Moniker kettykings was banned for some funny spybot reasons so i use my spare monker kettykin
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Tolexander: 11:06am On Mar 16, 2013
Biafra rep: you disgust me, ignorant troll. What do you stand to acheive by justaposing SE GDP againt that of the SW? Now let me tell you that I am very much impressed by the performance of SE states, yes, despite lack of federal presence in the SE and Igbos investing heavily in other states of the federation, they still performed well.
you are just very silly to say the least.
Where were you when your brother started it?

1 Like

Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by jude33084(m): 11:07am On Mar 16, 2013
dayokanu:

So the SW minus Lagos still generates more GDP than the whole SouthEast? What a shame No wonder every Ibo man wants to flee they cant face starvation

South east is the least productive region in Southern nigeria and only slightly better than Boko haram territories

SouthWest doubles the whole of Southeast what a shame

SouthWest minus Lagos still bosses them wth change

Oyo makes more than all SE states see where Anambra dey struggling with benue and katsina

Enugu nko? make we no yarn that one worse than Adamawa, Ebonyi we know say na evil forest to store up Osu people
I dey laff ooo

Withdraw all the ibos from Oyo and you will be shocked what you will find wink

1 Like

Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 16, 2013
kettykin:

i have not seen so much ignorance in NL of recent but for reputation sake i will try and educate you

Now oyo state has many Local Government Areas about 34 LGA among these LGAs are Oyo west and Ogbomosho North, Ogbomosho South.

out of the 34 LGA Ibadan is the only city , Oyo is just a town while Ogbomosho is another town

because Oyo state has just 1 City i referred to it as[b] a 1 city state [/b]

The original post is below

I don't understand what you're trying to say here!
Are you saying Ibadan is one BIG lga or that it has 34 lgas?
Once again, how do you define a city?
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by kettykin: 11:10am On Mar 16, 2013
emmatok:

You continue with your failure.

Oyo is a city,Ibadan is another city apart from other cities in Oyo State.

So why are you claiming Oyo is a city state.

Am happy you are on the internet, kindly read-up the meaning of GDP.

Igbos who enjoyed Awo free education are better.

Oyo town is not a city ,by the definition of a City Locally and internationally , Oyo town does not qualify Thank you
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by RedLight1: 11:14am On Mar 16, 2013
omonnakoda:

So many unsubstantiated claims.You fall into the category of those who knoweth not,knoweth not that they knoweth not but thinketh that they know it all. In short a raucous empty vessel

according to you Kanu Nwankwo is building a 1.4 billion naira hotel in Lagos and this is "South Eastern" economy. Firstly another unsubstantiated claim.but for argument sake let us accept it.According to Your logic Coca Cola in Lagos is American Economy, Mikel Obi at Chelsea is Ibo Economy etc. You really should be representing Nigeria at the Olympics for STUP!D PEOPLE
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by calcal: 11:14am On Mar 16, 2013
give dem US passport, Yorubaman still wan build house for yorubaland, na wa ooo!
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by ckkris: 11:15am On Mar 16, 2013
deelobe:

I agree with you. This information is an eye opener. Of course they should be involved in voting.

This info has no World Bank source Its just a mischievous troll.
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by kettykin: 11:19am On Mar 16, 2013
django1:
I don't understand what you're trying to say here!
Are you saying Ibadan is one BIG lga or that it has 34 lgas?
Once again, how do you define a city?

Now oyo state has many Local Government Areas about 34 LGA among , these include Oyo west and Ogbomosho North, Ogbomosho South.

out of the 34 LGA in Oyo state , Ibadan is the only city comprising , Oyo is just a town while Ogbomosho is another town

Local Government Area under Ibadan include

Ibadan North lga
Ibadan North-East lga
Ibadan North-West lga
Ibadan South-West lga
Ibadan South-East lga
Akinyele lga considered under ibadan because of proximity
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Nobody: 11:19am On Mar 16, 2013
^^^so, let me ask you is the capital of Anambra(awka) a city or not?
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by kettykin: 11:20am On Mar 16, 2013
django1: I await your response kettyking
LGA under ibadan

Ibadan North lga
Ibadan North-East lga
Ibadan North-West lga
Ibadan South-West lga
Ibadan South-East lga
Akinyele lga
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by omonnakoda: 11:21am On Mar 16, 2013
jude33084:

Tranquility and cleanliness

6 Likes

Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Biafrarep(m): 11:22am On Mar 16, 2013
django1:
Did you read the thread from the beginning?
I did!
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by kfako1: 11:26am On Mar 16, 2013
What haven't been said is to commend many Nigerians abroad who who left everything in Nigeria to make a living for themselves and families back home.

The fact is most Nigerian look back and work hard. Many do jobs the wont do in Nigeria mainly because they know how many people depend on the income. Still many laugh at them back home.

The reason we have such high rate of money sent back home is simply because of the values we have in family which is binded with love.

So brothers and sisters let us continue to help one another and show love to our families and friends home and abroad.

3 Likes

Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by ikweremilitant: 11:27am On Mar 16, 2013
dayokanu: Oyo $16,121,670,484 Imo 14,212,637,486
Ogun $10,470,415,017 Abia $8,687,442,705
Ondo $8,414,302,623 Anambra $6,764,219,562
Osun $7,280,597,521 Enugu $4,396,590,769
Ekiti $2,848,372,512 Ebonyi $2,848,372,512

$45,135,358,157 $36,909,263,034
nw d statistics favours you its no loger spawnd by drunk white dudes high on opium abi keep decevng urself wit dis kankara statistics so ondo nd ogun make more gdp dan anmbra or abia I laff in french
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by emmatok(m): 11:27am On Mar 16, 2013
kettykin:

Oyo town is not a city ,by the definition of a City Locally and internationally , Oyo town does not qualify Thank you

Now you ignorance is showing.

So Oyo is not a city.

1 Like

Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by outofthebox: 11:28am On Mar 16, 2013
Biafra rep: Fvck off, three Igbo states are in the first ten or cant you see?

1 Lagos State $33,679,258,023
2 Riv[s][/s]ers State $21,073,410,422
Total Diaspora $21bn (World Bank Estimate)
3 Delta[s][/s] State $16,749,250,544
4 Oyo State $16,121,670,484
5 Imo [s][/s]State $14,212,637,486
6 Kano State $12,393,103,864
US Diaspora $12,26bn (World Bank Estimate)
7 Edo State $11,888,446,884
8 Akwa Ib[s][/s]om State $11,179,887,963
9 Ogun State $10,470,415,017
10 Kaduna State $10,334,763,785

now they are igbo stateslaughing in ubuntu
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by cupid4ig(m): 11:28am On Mar 16, 2013
As usual they have turned it into ethnic and tribal war cry useless nairalanders smh for all u ethnic bigots
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by kettykin: 11:30am On Mar 16, 2013
emmatok:

Now you ignorance is showing.

So Oyo is not a city.

Please can you read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oyo_State
i don't have time for un intelligent questions
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Nobody: 11:31am On Mar 16, 2013
Biafra rep: I did!
I guess u missed the comment by df2006 on the first page then.
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Nobody: 11:33am On Mar 16, 2013
django1:
Well, one can argue that ibadan is a combination several cities? grin
Let me help you with some reasons why oyo place highly:
1. Oyo (ibadan) has some of biggest market points for agricultural goods in Nigeria. Agricultural goods going up north or coming down south always meet at ibadan. I.e oyo state is an important transit state.
2. Oyo is a border state hence goods flow into the country through its borders and that generates income for the state.
3. Proximity with lagos the country's commercial center.
4. Third largest population in the country (at least you'll agree to this rating don't you?), this made it a destination of several goods and services.
5. Large mineral resources evident by the number of quarries in the state ( you'll notice some of them along lagos-ibadan express)
6. A good number of industries are located in the state.
7. The most important source of income in oyo state I'll say is the level of agribusiness in the state, there are several farms in the state, as it is in Ogun state too.

P.s Ogbomosho isn't as big as Ibadan doesn't make it any lesser than a city or how do you define city?
those companies @ Ibadan and other SW(except few in Lagos) are foreign, not indigenous. D indigenous enterprises in Lag are from Igbos, Hausas,etc; very few yorubas.
2) most enterprises dat generate GDP @ kano n d rest of the north are igbo owned.
3) the enterprises in the SE are igbo owned.
Ladies and gentlemen, i present to u, the most enterprising ppl in dis nation.
So, una gather mind dey compare SW to SE in dis forum wey suppose dey neutral/non-tribalistic?
Una go hear am nah

2 Likes

Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by kettykin: 11:34am On Mar 16, 2013
outofthebox:

You need to laugh louder when you read the source of the information , This trash was spewed out by an event manager

http://www.nigerianwatch.com/contact-us

1 Like

Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Biafrarep(m): 11:36am On Mar 16, 2013
omonnakoda:
Despite lack of Federal presence ? There is no airport in the SW but there is the REFURBISHED
Enugun Airport in the SE Calabar and Benin in SS.
We keep hearing this whining of Federal presence but the SW is the only region without an airport and still thriving.
SW just gets on with it while you keep moaning like a female canine
Are you kidding me? SW has no airport, wow I never knew that the one in Ibadan is an airstrip! Mind you, the airports we have in the SE were built by the people through self help, an example is the Akanu Ibiam airport in Owerri.
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Nobody: 11:38am On Mar 16, 2013
outofthebox:

Before nko, Rivers and Delta, are they not largely igbo states? Is it because dey are put in SS?
If u like, laf in Rumuigbo and Ogwashiukwu.

2 Likes

Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by omonnakoda: 11:40am On Mar 16, 2013
ngozievergreen:
those companies @ Ibadan and other SW(except few in Lagos) are foreign, not indigenous. D indigenous enterprises in Lag are from Igbos, Hausas,etc; very few yorubas.
2) most enterprises dat generate GDP @ kano n d rest of the north are igbo owned.
So, una gather mind dey compare SW to SE in dis forum wey suppose dey neutral/non-tribalistic?
Una go hear am nah
Ibos are good at buying/selling fake goods and making noise,

while others do the more serious business in Telecomm,manufacturing, Oil and gas, banking/forex trading ,Capital market and Stock market activity etc

6 Likes

Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Iykeponti(m): 11:42am On Mar 16, 2013
jude33084:

YOU DEY MIND DAT LAZY ARSE PIG , IF SE WITHDRAW ALL THEIR INVESTMENTS FROM ALL PARTS OF NIGERIA... THE ECONOMY OF THIS COUNTRY WILL COLLAPSE...UNDER A SECONDS .

1 Like

Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by omonnakoda: 11:42am On Mar 16, 2013
Biafra rep: Are you kidding me? SW has no airport, wow I never knew that the one in Ibadan is an airstrip! Mind you, the airports we have in the SE were built by the people through self help, an example is the Akanu Ibiam airport in Owerri.
Don't be daft all the airports I named are federal airports; Enugun,Calabar Benin and PH are federal airports. The SW still thrives regardless and is not heard whining like oestral canines

3 Likes

Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by ewet: 11:44am On Mar 16, 2013
Naija govt will not see this as a source of inflow into the economy and seek cogent ways of promoting the diasporans such as strenghtening our foreign missions, seeking better protection for nigerians in diaspora, making diasporans participate in their choice of govt e.t.c.
They are only busy granting pardon to those who take our money out and granting amnesty to south south economic saboteurs.
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Nobody: 11:46am On Mar 16, 2013
ngozievergreen:
Una go hear am nah
Nonsense!

3 Likes

Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by IleIfe2(m): 11:46am On Mar 16, 2013
Iykeponti: YOU DEY MIND DAT LAZY ARSE PIG , IF SE WITHDRAW ALL THEIR INVESTMENTS FROM ALL PARTS OF NIGERIA... THE ECONOMY OF THIS COUNTRY WILL COLLAPSE...UNDER A SECONDS .

Go, someone else will sell what you are selling. O dun grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APC Puts Yahaya Bello’s Nomination On Hold, Calls For Emergency Meeting / Court Declares Nigeria’s Deportation Of Cameroonian Separatists Illegal / John Oyegun Meets With APC House Of Reps Member In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.