Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,749 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States (11998 Views)

Igbos Contribute More To The Economy Of Nigeria / Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH / Nigeria's GDP By Sector - Oil Isn't The Major Source Of Our Income (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Biafrarep(m): 4:40pm On Mar 17, 2013
Tolexander: mr man, what other places in kwara state apart from Ilorin and offa are developed? Or it isn't in the north central. And besides what is the contribution of the anioma people of delta north senatorial district? Why you guys always lay claim to the developement of other regions why yours is just like a cave?
You can't compare them, what is the GDP of Ilorin/Offa/Kabba? Can you compare them to the GDP ofAsaba/P.H/Agbor/Obigbo and the oil wells in these places?
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Biafrarep(m): 5:00pm On Mar 17, 2013
django1:
That is the problem with some of these easterners, they think retail shops contribute anything to GDP. Because Igbos own shops by the road sides have now amounted to them contributing to the GDP.
A single farm that actually creates value and provide jobs is better than a million shop keepers.
I believe you are basically literate, at least you can read and write so dont assault our sensibility with your misinformed rant, simply google sectorial contribution to Nigeria's GDP. Is only a fool that would argue on the importance of commerce and industry to the GDP. Alaba/ASPAMDA/Ladipo/Idumota etc sustains thousands of people that pay taxes to both LGA and state government and the multiplier effect. Do you know that after oil, the second highest revenue earner is the ports which is largely contributed by the Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Tolexander: 5:38pm On Mar 17, 2013
Biafra rep: You can't compare them, what is the GDP of Ilorin/Offa/Kabba? Can you compare them to the GDP ofAsaba/P.H/Agbor/Obigbo and the oil wells in these places?
sorry! I think i have to stop arguing with you cos you don't represent the standard you are expected.
If oil well is the criteria, why does bayelsa have to be in that position it is. Get back to study GDP.
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 17, 2013
Biafra rep: I believe you are basically literate, at least you can read and write so dont assault our sensibility with your misinformed rant, simply google sectorial contribution to Nigeria's GDP. Is only a fool that would argue on the importance of commerce and industry to the GDP. Alaba/ASPAMDA/Ladipo/Idumota etc sustains thousands of people that pay taxes to both LGA and state government and the multiplier effect. Do you know that after oil, the second highest revenue earner is the ports which is largely contributed by the Igbos.
Look at this one...lol, mr. I have a degree in economics tongue
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Biafrarep(m): 7:40pm On Mar 17, 2013
Tolexander: sorry! I think i have to stop arguing with you cos you don't represent the standard you are expected.
If oil well is the criteria, why does bayelsa have to be in that position it is. Get back to study GDP.
Dont you know that population is equally a factor, Bayelsa has a very low population, do you compare it with states like Lagos, Kano,Oyo, Imo etc? we are talking about cumulative GDP of states and not per person! grin grin grin
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Biafrarep(m): 7:51pm On Mar 17, 2013
django1:
Look at this one...lol, mr. I have a degree in economics tongue
I don't argue that with you brother but you most likely graduated with a COA i.e certificate of attendance, it is not rocket science to decipher that because this is Eco 101 and you just failed it woefully! pun intended! grin grin grin
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Nobody: 8:31pm On Mar 17, 2013
Biafra rep: I don't argue that with you brother but you most likely graduated with a COA i.e certificate of attendance, it is not rocket science to decipher that because this is Eco 101 and you just failed it woefully! pun intended! grin grin grin
But you know you're dunce sha! Why are you arguing? GDP is the total amount of goods and services PRODUCED within a geographical territory in a year, it does not include goods imported and consumed in the local economy. You foolishly think operating okirika shop helps GDP abi, dunce!
Have you passed your JAMB yet?

1 Like

Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Nobody: 8:35pm On Mar 17, 2013
Bidafra rep: I don't argue that with you brother but you most likely graduated with a COA i.e certificate of attendance, it is not rocket science to decipher that because this is Eco 101 and yo,u just failed it woefully! pun intended! grin grin grin
U dey mind am? Dats how they claim dey are more educated without statistics , Moreso, without contributing much in making dis nation proud.
When u interview dem, dey will prefer to ask their oga @ d top.
@Tolexander, if u dont browse Rivers state, we might as well leave dat issue.
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Nobody: 8:36pm On Mar 17, 2013
Biafra rep: I don't argue that with you brother but you most likely graduated with a COA i.e certificate of attendance, it is not rocket science to decipher that because this is Eco 101 and you just failed it woefully! pun intended! grin grin grin
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Tolexander: 9:28pm On Mar 17, 2013
Biafra rep: Dont you know that population is equally a factor, Bayelsa has a very low population, do you compare it with states like Lagos, Kano,Oyo, Imo etc? we are talking about cumulative GDP of states and not per person! grin grin grin
mr man! You said oilwell. Is oilwell a function of the population in it or what is your point. At least to an extent, bayelsa should be in the top 3 oil producing state.

1 Like

Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Tolexander: 9:29pm On Mar 17, 2013
ngozievergreen:
U dey mind am? Dats how they claim dey are more educated without statistics , Moreso, without contributing much in making dis nation proud.
When u interview dem, dey will prefer to ask their oga @ d top.
@Tolexander, if u dont browse Rivers state, we might as well leave dat issue.
must i browse rivers state to know what is therein when there are many books i can lay my hands on here.
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Nobody: 6:51am On Mar 18, 2013
How many books are devoted to Rivers atate alone? Fear of the internet.
*Thread Closed*
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Tolexander: 12:56pm On Mar 18, 2013
ngozievergreen: How many books are devoted to Rivers atate alone? Fear of the internet.
*Thread Closed*
you need an e-spank from me. You can only know and see what you choose to know and see.
Many books on portharcult more reliable than those insecured sites.

Moreover, are you afam4eva or oam4j to declare a thread closed.
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Nobody: 12:23am On Jul 25, 2013
Unbelievable how no one checked to confirm the source of this gdp. Of Nigerian states. If they did, they would have realised the report was conducted in 2007, discrepancies in Anambra state gdp figure and it was not conducted by a renowned organisation.

Gdp is not the best tool to measure the economic wealth of a state. Take for example Monaco, Luxemberg and Qatar that are among the countries with the highest gdp but they do not produce more goods or services than USA or China.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Simon Achuba: Yahaya Bello Hasn’t Completed A Project In Four Years – Deputy / Governor Fayemi bans use of English Language during traditional events / Fuel Price To Remain ₦162 Until FG Agrees With Labour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.