Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States (12001 Views)

Igbos Contribute More To The Economy Of Nigeria / Jonathan Vs Buhari: How They Stand In 36 States, FCT - PUNCH / Nigeria's GDP By Sector - Oil Isn't The Major Source Of Our Income (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Nobody: 5:24pm On Mar 16, 2013
Tolexander: what about the yoruba part of south south and north central?
Wetin dose ones dey contribute where they are? Ur ppl dont even contribute much GDP in SW not to talk of d GDP in SS/NC. U go fear yoruba part of SS
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by IGBOSON1: 5:31pm On Mar 16, 2013
Βουκέφαλος: can the Mod tell me the reason WHY MY POST IS HIDDEN? what was wrong with what i said?? angry wrong for trying to tell people to stick to the topic?
You guys should just do your Jobs
NONSENSE

^^^He hid my own beautiful posts as well undecided; all i did was put a few incontrovertible 'facts' out there, and it seems they didn't sit well with him so he hid them all......he's very annoying!
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Biafrarep(m): 5:36pm On Mar 16, 2013
Tolexander: what about the yoruba part of south south and north central?
Dont go there brother, kogi west(Kabba zone) and Yoruba parts of kwara are just bushes, they contribute very little in terms of GDP and wait a minute, did you say SS
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Tolexander: 5:36pm On Mar 16, 2013
ngozievergreen:
Wetin dose ones dey contribute where they are? Ur ppl dont even contribute much GDP in SW not to talk of d GDP in SS/NC. U go fear yoruba part of SS
here we go again!
If i start with you, i know you will run like you always do. So let me just lay low.
Moreover, have you created the space in your mind for me so that i will know and say what is in your mind?
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Tolexander: 5:45pm On Mar 16, 2013
Biafra rep: Dont go there brother, kogi west(Kabba zone) and Yoruba parts of kwara are just bushes, they contribute very little in terms of GDP
mr man, what other places in kwara state apart from Ilorin and offa are developed? Or it isn't in the north central. And besides what is the contribution of the anioma people of delta north senatorial district? Why you guys always lay claim to the developement of other regions why yours is just like a cave?
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by emmatok(m): 5:57pm On Mar 16, 2013
ngozievergreen:

Nigeria gets most of her GDP from Agriculture.

The largest mechanized farms are in the SW.

NOW I SEE YOU PEOPLE DON'T KNOW THE MEANING OF GDP.

All you do is import,buying and selling no production.
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Nobody: 6:13pm On Mar 16, 2013
emmatok:

Nigeria gets most of her GDP from Agriculture.

The largest mechanized farms are in the SW.

NOW I SEE YOU PEOPLE DON'T KNOW THE MEANING OF GDP.

All you do is import,buying and selling no production.
That is the problem with some of these easterners, they think retail shops contribute anything to GDP. Because Igbos own shops by the road sides have now amounted to them contributing to the GDP.
A single farm that actually creates value and provide jobs is better than a million shop keepers.
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Costa2000(m): 6:59pm On Mar 16, 2013
omonnakoda: Ibo people always claiming to be the Biggest/best reminds me of one girl whose parents never came to visit her at school because they were "diplomats in Germany"
She was always telling us about hols in Berlin,fancy meals etc.
One day her mother came in final year but she was away somewhere. To cut a long story short her mother left after a long wait after being carefully "Interviewed" by mischievous teenagers. She told us of her farm at Umuakpu and told us before leaving to remind her daughter to write and thank the Catholic reverend in their diocese for her scholarship. You will not believe this girl returned and denied her mother said she is her mother's sister but "calls me my daughter".
Ibo !!!
Story story story, once upon a time ........
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Costa2000(m): 7:01pm On Mar 16, 2013
UP DIASPORANS,WE 2MUCH.

1 Like

Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by emmatok(m): 7:09pm On Mar 16, 2013
django1:
That is the problem with some of these easterners, they think retail shops contribute anything to GDP. Because Igbos own shops by the road sides have now amounted to them contributing to the GDP.
A single farm that actually creates value and provide jobs is better than a million shop keepers.

These Igbos don't even know the meaning of GDP.

They don't even know the Nigeria still export agriculture products worth Millions of dollars.

All the think is their petty trading.

No wonder FASHOLA WANTS THEM TO LEAVE LAGOS.
Most these petty traders don't have any Tax record.
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Sagewood: 7:26pm On Mar 16, 2013
The fight should be how Nigerians in the diaspora can get votes and contribute more, not fighting
between tribes or states. Everyone contributes, but at different levels. Here in the USA, states like California, Texas, New York, Florida, and Ohio contribute hugely to the GDP compared to North & South Dakota, Indiana, Kansas, Iowa, Vermont, etc. The important thing is everyone is contributing.
Everyone's goal should be to grow the economy and the GDP.

2 Likes

Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Biafrarep(m): 8:07pm On Mar 16, 2013
Believe you me, Igbos are fast taking over Nigeria and they control over 1/3 of the economy of most states across the country, from the biggest towns to the remote villages. Despite the civil war of 1967-1970 that destroyed the SE, the seizure of their assets both cash and properties and the subsequent indeginisation decree of Awolowo that followed afterwards when Nigeria's formal sector was cunningly sold to the Yorubas at give away prices. In just about 40 years of these total emasculation, the Igbos have clawed themselves back to the top from ground zero! Give it to the Igbos, they aint stopping us!

3 Likes

Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Ejine(m): 8:24pm On Mar 16, 2013
Phew! grin

So many hidden posts grin
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Biafrarep(m): 9:35pm On Mar 16, 2013
emmatok:

These Igbos don't even know the meaning of GDP.

They don't even know the Nigeria still export agriculture products worth Millions of dollars.

All the think is their petty trading.

No wonder FASHOLA WANTS THEM TO LEAVE LAGOS.
Most these petty traders don't have any Tax record.
My brother travel and become exposed, Nigeria does not start and end with Ogbomoso! In terms of Agriculture, SE is not lagging behind, in fact we are the food basket of Southern Nigeria. It is on record that Ebonyi state produces more rice than the whole SW. in terms of livestock, there are many large poultry farms in Enugu, when when frozen chicken/Turkey were banned, many traders were coming all the way from P.H, Aba, Onitsha etc to buy poultry products at industrial scale from these farms. palm oil and its allied products are still produced all over Igboland, a small percentage is exported while some are transported to the north. Cassava, Cashew, Cocoa, Rubber etc are still produced in commercial quantities all over Igboland. Again FYI Nigeria is a consumer economy and any body who controls the supply Chane, controls the economy, though it is called informal economy but that is were the bulk of our GDP comes from, if in doubt you can ask your brother Olusegun Aganga.

1 Like

Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by seunfly: 9:42pm On Mar 16, 2013
out seba: I feel u bro,well spoken...I'm igbo and I serve in Oyo,I'm even tryin ti start up smth agric wise,u are correct joor,God be with u
Amen! Thanks and i wish u good luck. Please leave those bigot from both side alone while other youth are asking their leaders, we are here fighting each other on tribal/ego massaging and defending those leaders because they are from their tribes or they are benefiting from them.
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by toluene12: 10:44pm On Mar 16, 2013
kettykin:

My Answer to this is refer you to some documents you can read to broaden your knowledge about the world economy.
http://www.challengemagazine.com/Challenge%20interview%20pdfs/Wade.pdf
Super Imperialism: The Economic Strategy of American Empire

http://voices.yahoo.com/economic-empire-inevitable-imperial-power-michael-3166693.html
Economic Empire: The Inevitable Imperial Power by Michael Hardt and Antonio Negri: Book Review
dont mix things things up here, there is a difference btw foreign direct investment and GDP.

Dont ever think a Company from US will leave the comfort of their environment and come to Nigeria with loans from foreign banks , paying high taxes and being subjected to daily harassment by the Local Nigerian agents if his sole purpose is to expand Nigerian or lagos GDP/economy .
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by omonnakoda: 11:02pm On Mar 16, 2013
Biafra rep: My brother travel and become exposed, Nigeria does not start and end with Ogbomoso! In terms of Agriculture, SE is not lagging behind, in fact we are the food basket of Southern Nigeria. It is on record that Ebonyi state produces more rice than the whole SW. in terms of livestock, there are many large poultry farms in Enugu, when when frozen chicken/Turkey were banned, many traders were coming all the way from P.H, Aba, Onitsha etc to buy poultry products at industrial scale from these farms. palm oil and its allied products are still produced all over Igboland, a small percentage is exported while some are transported to the north. Cassava, Cashew, Cocoa, Rubber etc are still produced in commercial quantities all over Igboland. Again FYI Nigeria is a consumer economy and any body who controls the supply Chane, controls the economy, though it is called informal economy but that is were the bulk of our GDP comes from, if in doubt you can ask your brother Olusegun Aganga.
guy wetin u dey smoke

2 Likes

Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Nobody: 11:14pm On Mar 16, 2013
Biafra rep: My brother travel and become exposed, Nigeria does not start and end with Ogbomoso! In terms of Agriculture, SE is not lagging behind, in fact we are the food basket of Southern Nigeria. It is on record that Ebonyi state produces more rice than the whole SW. in terms of livestock, there are many large poultry farms in Enugu, when when frozen chicken/Turkey were banned, many traders were coming all the way from P.H, Aba, Onitsha etc to buy poultry products at industrial scale from these farms. palm oil and its allied products are still produced all over Igboland, a small percentage is exported while some are transported to the north. Cassava, Cashew, Cocoa, Rubber etc are still produced in commercial quantities all over Igboland. Again FYI Nigeria is a consumer economy and any body who controls the supply Chane, controls the economy, though it is called informal economy but that is were the bulk of our GDP comes from, if in doubt you can ask your brother Olusegun Aganga.
Definitely you don't know what GDP means - Gross DOMESTIC PRODUCT !! It has nothing to do with retailing of imported goods.
The biggest poultries in the country is in Ibadan, most agric instituites in the country is in ibadan as well.
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by bloggernaija: 11:50pm On Mar 16, 2013
django1:
Definitely you don't know what GDP means - Gross DOMESTIC PRODUCT !! It has nothing to do with retailing of imported goods.
The biggest poultries in the country is in Ibadan, most agric instituites in the country is in ibadan as well.

Another fact is that most of he remittance from overseas is coming from the southwest as well.take a flight outside nigeria in the direction of Europe ,America , Canada ,Australia . The chances are that most of the people on that flight are yorubas. At times, it seems most of my Home town has relocated and I know that they are all serial remitters
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Nobody: 8:29am On Mar 17, 2013
Please tell them the tnz that generate GDP.. Those folks are not even travelled,
@Tolexander, are Asaba, Anaocha, Agbor,etc not igbo towns of Delta. Is Rivers not Igbo. I dont even have ur time as usual
@bloggernaija, FYI, d highest population of nigerians in US n canada are even Igbos; even though, there are probably more yorubas than igbos in England. No dey use ur fingers talk rubbish because the topic has turned arguementative.
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 17, 2013
django1:
Hahahahahahahahahahaha, biggest poultries? Come to Jos. When i say u are untravelled,.......
If u were street smart in d SW, u will find out that Ogun State tops all oda SW states in agric regard including fish farming
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by omonnakoda: 8:43am On Mar 17, 2013
ngozievergreen:
Hahahahahahahahahahaha, biggest poultries? Come to Jos. When i say u are untravelled,.......
If u were street smart in d SW, u will find out that Ogun State tops all oda SW states in agric regard including fish farming
Not True Zartech in Ibadan have the most modern and Largest in the country.When Obasanjo was in power they were so much of a threat to him he targetted them using immigration(it is run by Lebanese) . Luckily for them they held Nigerian passports and survived. At the moment Zartech supplies at least 30% of Chicken to caterers in PH.
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by omonnakoda: 8:44am On Mar 17, 2013
bloggernaija:

Another fact is that most of he remittance from overseas is coming from the southwest as well.take a flight outside nigeria in the direction of Europe ,America , Canada ,Australia . The chances are that most of the people on that flight are yorubas. At times, it seems most of my Home town has relocated and I know that they are all serial remitters
Not sure about this claim? I believe Edo has one of the highest
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Nobody: 9:42am On Mar 17, 2013
omonnakoda:
Not True Zartech in Ibadan have the most modern and Largest in the country.When Obasanjo was in power they were so much of a threat to him he targetted them using immigration(it is run by Lebanese) . Luckily for them they held Nigerian passports and survived. At the moment Zartech supplies at least 30% of Chicken to caterers in PH.
Don't mind that nonsense ngozi girl tongue she doesn't know and won't admit it. Before she was thinking that all those people selling clothes at queens cinema are contributing to Oyo GDP...lol
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Elai147: 11:01am On Mar 17, 2013
What pains me most is that our country does not appreciate us despite the great contributions from Nigerians in Diaspora to the economy. Our embassies are almost useless to us. They treat us like they don't care. They can't even defend us when we are being treated unfairly by the Europeans. Abeg eee
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Nobody: 11:03am On Mar 17, 2013
omonnakoda:
i said go to Jos.
Now, u see what i mean when i said d enterprises, hence the GDP are made by foreigners,and Igbos. U guys are simply unenterprising ooo, Django u dey see wetin ur townsman dey point out.
I dont disagree/agree to d GDP figures, but wat i agree is that yorubas dont make d GDP in d SW.
Whether its a good thing or not
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Tolexander: 11:21am On Mar 17, 2013
ngozievergreen:
Please tell them the tnz that generate GDP.. Those folks are not even travelled,
you wey no cross your anambra state boundary.
ngozievergreen:
@Tolexander, are Asaba, Anaocha, Agbor,etc not igbo towns of Delta. Is Rivers not Igbo
i said delta north senatorial district.
Not only rivers but also lakes and mountains
ngozievergreen:
I dont even have ur time as usual
me self no gat your time cos i dey church now.
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by omonnakoda: 11:24am On Mar 17, 2013
ngozievergreen:
i said go to Jos.
Now, u see what i mean when i said d enterprises, hence the GDP are made by foreigners,and Igbos. U guys are simply unenterprising ooo, Django u dey see wetin ur townsman dey point out.
I dont disagree/agree to d GDP figures, but wat i agree is that yorubas dont make d GDP in d SW.
Whether its a good thing or not
who are you guys ? Are you crazy have I engaged you on the Igbo Yoruba thing? I do not care whether it is little green men from mars making up the GDP>I am talking about Chicken and the largest producing state in Nigeria. I do not need to go to Jos. The Largest producer of poultry for the catering industry in Nigeria today is Zartech.
Talk to your friends about the Igbo Yoruba thing you should know each other well by now.
Since your guys are so enterprising why not take it back home. What exactly is the problem,angry gods?

1 Like

Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Nobody: 12:49pm On Mar 17, 2013
Tolexander: you wey no cross your anambra state boundary.
i said delta north senatorial district.
Not only rivers but also lakes and mountains me self no gat your time cos i dey church now.
If i were ngozi, I'll just go to 3rd mainland bridge and jump inside the Lagoon..she's a disgrace to all the ngozis' in diaspora ..Finance minister inclusive...
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 17, 2013
sheyie2007:
If i were ngozi, I'll just go to 3rd mainland bridge and jump inside the Lagoon..she's a disgrace to all the ngozis' in diaspora ..Finance minister inclusive...
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
@ tol, browse Rivers state
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Tolexander: 1:52pm On Mar 17, 2013
sheyie2007:
no sir! She isn't like like that o. She is just looking for someone to trouble like she has been always doing to me. She is intelligent!
Re: Diasporans Contribute More To Nigeria's GDP Than 34 Of Its 36 States by Tolexander: 1:57pm On Mar 17, 2013
ngozievergreen:
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
@ tol, browse Rivers state
when you said rivers without state. I was thinking you were talking about geographical feature. They are just one of the minorities of course.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

John Oyegun Meets With APC House Of Reps Member In Abuja (Photos) / President Muhammadu Buhari Signs The 58th Independent Day Parade Book. / Who Remembers This Guy. He Is Now 70.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.