Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,623 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' (59201 Views)

Twinkle Star Protests At The House Of Ahmadu Ali / Oga At The Top: Wife Didn't Protest At Channels TV / Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Monichilly(f): 11:37pm On Mar 16, 2013
Hmmm...i think hence forth, the missionary style of love making shld be called MY OGA AT THE TOP...#Lwkmd

1 Like

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by DaJulee(f): 11:38pm On Mar 16, 2013
u ar rit.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by azimibraun: 11:39pm On Mar 16, 2013
Funny enof my yrs on earth hs shwn me dt neither the man and his family nor the channelstv anchors wll pay d ultimate price. Ppl who are see dis as d only thing tht gvs dem joy wll argue dia way in2 d belly of the beast on this. Nairaland pls endeavour to report tragedies dt wll come as a resultt of this. I expect churches to talk to member to stay away frm dis matter. D devil hs taken it over. Dos shirts cld b death shirts let nobody wear dem pls.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by chucksbadt(m): 11:39pm On Mar 16, 2013
oya ma pple e don do!....mk we allow dis man rest! angry

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Truckpusher(m): 11:41pm On Mar 16, 2013
ItsModella:
are you serious? undecided undecided
don't tell me you're surprised grin grin grin grin you never see anything
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by papaejima1: 11:41pm On Mar 16, 2013
arcbabe: Can people just stop this my oga at the top nonsense?this is no longer a joke but it is a live threatening situation,the kids are been ridicled and it all this things we call little that leads to suicide or heart attach. There is no one that haven't made a mistake so people should stop this stupid joke. If the man is sacked today will it make all those people condeming him better? Pls let respect ourselves and stop making jokes that will affect people negatively...
My dear judging from your grammar, you are no better than him.
Kai, you see wetin sleeping in class don do you!
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by tolex34(m): 11:41pm On Mar 16, 2013
If this is true, Dame should be imprisoned
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 11:44pm On Mar 16, 2013
Truckpusher: don't tell me you're surprised grin grin grin grin you never see anything
As in, the stupidity of that post is really baffling. How can they be throwing questions on the man? it's a freaking interview, not a party where they just sit and smile at each other. Some people really have f*cked up reasoning.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by agohavivi(f): 11:46pm On Mar 16, 2013
kramer: Sounds like tales by moonlight to me

Abuse from fellow market women? (As if they have time to watch the video)
Abuse from neighbors? (What sort of neighbors do that in the first place?)
Bullied kids? (Do they know anything even?)

All because of what?

You probably don't know the extent to which this humiliation went. My sister said she saw a lady dressed in the Nscdc uniform at the bustop while there was heavy traffic and somone requested that his regards be extended to oga at the top. Immediately people around started mocking and making jest of her simply because of oga at the top.

I can imagine what the poor family is going through.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by redsun(m): 11:47pm On Mar 16, 2013
wandeykul: u no get sense.ur fada can as wel make dsame mistake.nobody is perfect.

If his or her father makes the same mistake,he pays for it.

Nobody should get away with irresponsibility.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by jude33084(m): 11:48pm On Mar 16, 2013
Ebestsms.com:
I just watched the video now.Channels tv no try all.

When they saw what the man was trying to cover up, they themselves knew that the man doesn't know the website, if you look at their faces on the video you will notice it, and they should have covered the man by ignoring their website than making it mandatory and repeating the question.

Secondly they shouldn't have publish the video online.
Some kids future is at stick here.

This has done more harm than good.

Although the man should know the website of the organization he is representing but in such situation, I will just take it as a family man (many wahala on the head) moreover he may not be a computer literate.

To be honest I laughed when I watched the video and it MUST end there.

No more oga at the top, I can sense the pain of the kids and the wife.

How can you not know your house/office address? I keep asking that quesion.

Jonathan lied on CNN and he wasnt covered up. If your presido was exposed why wont they expose τhis commandant?

If you dont know an answer to a question just simply wave it instead of all τhis drama sad

Or dont attend the invitation at all. Channels is not AIT, they are like BBC or CNN cool
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by joieOnyi(f): 11:58pm On Mar 16, 2013
Dis is kraze.......!!!!!! shocked
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by DaJulee(f): 11:58pm On Mar 16, 2013
Kayman4life: Dear All, I'd like to ask that we do please be a bit more responsible with our use of social media specifically regarding the 'Oga at the top matter' it may have made for a good laugh in the beginning..but now its an overkill, with Tshirts, Dp's, viral videos,pple following the man's children on twitter...these have now become abit too heavy! His wife went to channels to protest his inability to sleep! Do we need a suicide case on our hands just for a few laughs?- pls let's 'keep it down!'..not to mention that we are further hurting our countrys image when we go viral with these..Pls be sensitive. End it! Don't forward videos, any thing viral, don't comment on websites etc. Help a man here afterall we all don't get obvious things right all the time. sign ur name and forward if you agree. Many thanks! Kassey
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by bikinibabe(f): 12:01am On Mar 17, 2013
ok,ermm......lemme comfirm first frm "my oga @ the top"if this is true cool
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by DarryOsh(m): 12:10am On Mar 17, 2013
omo_to_dun: 1st to comment on the 8th page.

I thank my #OGAatTheTop, Jehovah El-Shaddai.
when u do something like this i begin to wonder if u hav any right to open your mouth over this issue. If only i was the mod.....
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Slimzybaby(m): 12:11am On Mar 17, 2013
If una like make una yab d man reach next year,it won't change d fact dat 90% of u raining insult on dis man are jobless...d joke sef don dry...datz all
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by DarryOsh(m): 12:16am On Mar 17, 2013
phineas: Naptu where do you get your resources? May ur ink never run dry.

To the matter @ hand,its no longer about the comandant,really,its simply passive aggresion on the part of the Nigerian youths to the high handedness of the prior generation.Its anger @ failed governance,stolen opportunities,broken dreams,unmet expectations,inapproriate bullying by....let's say the powers that be.

Have you ever lost a position,a contract,a bidding,an idea,an opportunity because of frustrations from the "powers from above" now known as "the oga @ the top"

Someone articulated this unspoken truth in the system,(maybe unintentionally) and every Nigerian youth recognized it,identified with it,and displayed their anger,passive aggression @ the oppression styled in humour.its more than a failure to remember a site,its about the culture of hubris,that in Nigeria there's a glass ceiling,always there by an Oga @ the top and that is what the people rebel @,not rejoice @,its passive aggresive,and its unfortunate the comandant became the mascot for it.

In Pr when an error has occurred,the first thing is to admit the mistake,explain how it came about,explain what has been done to correct it,and explain further what steps are been taken to ensure it does not occur again in future.I think the org should focus on doing that on the job racket scandal,it will be nice if they used the comandant again,with or without a PR person this time while he answers questions on operational issues.That may redeem his Image.

But on this oga @ the top matter,sadly it exists,and in acknowledging it publicly by all,has come to stay.

omg! U r so so correct. It is just sad that this guy had to tak the fall......
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Truckpusher(m): 12:17am On Mar 17, 2013
Slimzy baby: If una like make una yab d man reach next year,it won't change d fact dat 90% of u raining insult on dis man are jobless...d joke sef don dry...datz all
Just because you're jobless doesn't mean that we all are in your shoes...besides i'll confirm with my oga at the top before telling you what i have packaged for you tongue
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Rooneyboy(m): 12:23am On Mar 17, 2013
Slimzy baby: If una like make una yab d man reach next year,it won't change d fact dat 90% of u raining insult on dis man are jobless ...d joke sef don dry...datz all

That is exactly D reason y the mockery persists , seeing incompetent fellas manning top positions they ordinarily shouldn't go near , while D competent ones wallow away on the streets .

*indeed bro, joblessness is beginning to pay off grin*
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 12:23am On Mar 17, 2013
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by olutob(m): 12:30am On Mar 17, 2013
Let's stop dis joke guys.... No 1 is above mistake. Dnt see a reason y he shld be demoted or sacked cos even our most educated leaders mak worse blunders.
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by milky3(f): 12:38am On Mar 17, 2013
I see my oga @ d top hiding so many post sooner or later..,
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Blueboy0402: 12:46am On Mar 17, 2013
BrutusOj: I wunt stop until they(ogas at d top) give room for credible recruitment exercise..with my 2.1 n ma vibrancy,I ve not been able to get a govt job nor a well secured job since 2005 cos d ogas at d top hijackd all d Jobs for dia relatives and dos who can aford dia high charges for a place
From Egypt to Algeria, Tunisia to Libya and now Senegal we hear of people setting themselves ablaze just because of unemployment and harsh economic condition. The situation is worse here in Nigeria but instead of the youths to toe this line, they now resort to "suffering and smilling".

We all filed out under the heat of the scourging sun to cast our votes; why is "oga at the top" making us groan with a grimaced face? Have we not suffered enough? Are we asking for too much by requesting for at least a dollar a day? How long are we to continue "suffering and smilling" before our "oga at the top" do that which is right?

I've said it before and will say it a million times: though we are "suffering and smilling" but with the power of social media in our hands, the era of mediocrity will soon phase out. Never again are we going to celebrate mediocrity at the expense of merit; never again are we going to remain silent as thieves steal our common patrimony. It is NSCDC today, tomorrow might be the turn of customs, police, immigration, army, navy, air force etc.

Inasmuch as "oga at the top" has vowed to mainain the status quo, then he will have no peace. Well done Channels TV, this is just the beginning of pangs of distress for more "oga at the top".
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by 3kay945(m): 12:49am On Mar 17, 2013
It's raining here, thank God
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Eziachi: 12:51am On Mar 17, 2013
emperorchedda: Y'all shud stop dis s.hit...d joke is now overused and getting extremely boring...let's all grow up plzz!

If something is boring, how come it attract your attention and even commented on it? One man's boredom could be another person's live-wire. If the joke is boring you, next time you sees it, please tell your mouse to click on something else.

The joke must continue because it carries a lot of moral soul searching for Nigeria and their crook rulers. A man given so much opportunity that maybe doesn't deserve it came to a live feed TV programmes trying to be smart in a world full of smart people, instead of him to humbly say that I don't know the authentic website, he tried foolishly and crudely to wangle is way out of it like they normally do.
Typical Nigerian attitude-lets give this man a break, by which they meant, lets brush it as always under the carpet and move on to the latest scandal and the wroth continues.

3 Likes

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Nobody: 12:53am On Mar 17, 2013

what dah hell is going on here and who is this my oga at the top ?
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Revolva(m): 12:54am On Mar 17, 2013
well its a pity sha....its not channels TV fault ok....she should just go and get federal govt thats all....ok...his duty was a national calling...not channel tv calling...
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by mafioso47(m): 12:58am On Mar 17, 2013
azimibraun: It is clear that this whole "oga on top"thing hs bin hijacked by some blood sucking demons and are looking for ppls blood tru it. None of my family member wll wear shirts or anything abt it. D devil hs hijacked it. U guys take a second and think wts special abt dis dt it hs generated so mch interest? Even T shirts and blouse bin produced. I see d devil looking for blood tru dis.
you av seen well.. As some might be beaten or murdered or suicide anyhow. Nice one!
Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by Slimzybaby(m): 1:00am On Mar 17, 2013
Blueboy0402:
From Egypt to Algeria, Tunisia to Libya and now Senegal we hear of people setting themselves ablaze just because of unemployment and harsh economic condition. The situation is worse here in Nigeria but instead of the youths to toe this line, they now resort to "suffering and smilling".

We all filed out under the heat of the scourging sun to cast our votes; why is "oga at the top" making us groan with a grimaced face? Have we not suffered enough? Are we asking for too much by requesting for at least a dollar a day? How long are we to continue "suffering and smilling" before our "oga at the top" do that which is right?

I've said it before and will say it a million times: though we are "suffering and smilling" but with the power of social media in our hands, the era of mediocrity will soon phase out. Never again are we going to celebrate mediocrity at the expense of merit; never again are we going to remain silent as thieves steal our common patrimony. It is NSCDC today, tomorrow might be the turn of customs, police, immigration, army, navy, air force etc.

Inasmuch as "oga at the top" has vowed to mainain the status quo, then he will have no peace. Well done Channels TV, this is just the beginning of pangs of distress for more "oga at the top".
[b]
Blueboy0402:

[/b]
Blueboy0402:

Re: 'My Oga At The Top': Wife Protests At Channels TV' by 3kay945(m): 1:00am On Mar 17, 2013
I pity the man no be small anyway I never used that phrase and don't intend to try.
You guys are advised to desist from using such mockery phrase henceforth.... okay??!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

PHOTO: Former Senate President David Mark's HELIPAD In Benue / Hilarious Dangote-Obama Hoax Confuses Americans. / Nigerian Military Now Sells The Igirigi Armoured Vehicle Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.