Stats: 3,194,143 members, 7,953,525 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:03 PM

Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? (12874 Views)

Which Music Genre Is The Best? / Which Music Artist Inspires You Most? / Nigeria Music Video Award (nmva) 2010: Which Music Video Rocked Last Year? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by yuzedo: 12:16pm On Mar 19, 2013
GraceBestowed: ^^ I vividly remember the old NTA theme songs ^^
There were more than two, which one do you have in mind? grin Good times mehn.... Sigh! cry
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by pholubaba(m): 12:17pm On Mar 19, 2013
@yuzedo "is"? REALY?? #damn
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:17pm On Mar 19, 2013
MOHERLAND by sound sultan evokes memories in our brothers who have been abroad for ages especially those whose conditions are rough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F7-iKnMYWk

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4F7-iKnMYWk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by floriana(m): 12:19pm On Mar 19, 2013
Lucky Dube tunes never fail to make me feel nostalgic. Cursed are those idiots who pulled the plug on his career.
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by sweetguy10(m): 12:20pm On Mar 19, 2013
Don't know if Ya'all remember this song by Ola - Mabinu Ola , Eni mofe momo mi o mo eni ....... It channel rivers of emotion and fond memories , memories that push tear drops outta me . This life ehn ... embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by fELiscatus: 12:21pm On Mar 19, 2013
yuzedo: 4. The music they play in 80's po'rn during action
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by GraceBestowed(f): 12:23pm On Mar 19, 2013
yuzedo:
There were more than two, which one do you have in mind? grin Good times mehn.... Sigh! cry

I lived in Kaduna at the time, so I don't know if it was a national or regional, thing. I remember the NTA theme songs that were dominated by talking drums.
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by yuzedo: 12:26pm On Mar 19, 2013
GraceBestowed:

I lived in Kaduna at the time, so I don't know if it was a national or regional, thing. I remember the NTA theme songs that were dominated by talking drums.
Oh yeah? Well sweerie, i think we should continue this very interesting and life-changing conversation offline...... No?
............... So wuz yo numba? wink grin tongue
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by chukxie(m): 12:30pm On Mar 19, 2013
Madonna ' Who's that girl.' Whenever i hear that song i drift back in time to when i was a primary 4 pupil growing up in Bonny Camp Barracks. Almost all the kids in Bonny Camp at that time loved the song.
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Mar 19, 2013
ABBA:Dancing queen!! Reminds me of the good old days when money aint a thing.
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by GraceBestowed(f): 12:33pm On Mar 19, 2013
yuzedo:
Oh yeah? Well sweerie, i think we should continue this very interesting and life-changing conversation offline...... No?
............... So wuz yo numba? wink grin tongue

I like how you didn't even notice what I said! Lol!
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by yuzedo: 12:35pm On Mar 19, 2013
GraceBestowed:

I like how you didn't even notice what I said! Lol!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin wink
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by GraceBestowed(f): 12:38pm On Mar 19, 2013
yuzedo:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin wink

Also, lol @ 'life changing'!

(^_^)
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by eminemkayc: 12:42pm On Mar 19, 2013
[size=20pt]EMIN3M - STAN[/size]Reminds me of a whole lot when i was an undergraduate...

Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by Olalimits(m): 12:43pm On Mar 19, 2013
You must be a deep-hearted being
Culbobby: Any song from enya
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by quicksylva(m): 12:44pm On Mar 19, 2013
Changes By Tupac Shakur

In 1998, my friend and I hosted a swimming pool party at Rita Lori Hotel in Surulere, Lagos.

To cut the long story short, I lost a friend that day. He was drunk and he was swimming. Everybody was having fun, suddenly someone started shouting that there is someone beneath the water struggling. We brought him out of the water, tried to resuscitate him, we took him to the nearest Clinic St. Mary Hospital. We the friends did everything humanly possible to save his life but to no avail. He died that day.
The music that was playing at that particular moment was CHANGES by Tupac Shakur. The Feeling and the mood of everybody that day was too Emotional.

I can never forget the lyrics of that song....... #Come on come on I see no changes. Wake up in the morning and I ask myself, "Is life worth living? Should I blast myself?"# ....... **Chorus..That's just the way it is Things'll never be the same That's just the way it is aww yeah**

Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by raqueal(f): 12:51pm On Mar 19, 2013
Every important person and event in my life has an attached song. I unconsciously do this and it helps to remember details accurately. From relationships to break ups.

Evi Edna's song reminds of my childhood in the 80's, the best so far. When I displayed such childhood innocence, had no worries, got what I wanted and life was so....simple.It stirs up wonderful feelings I tell ya.

You may forget picture memories, but won't forget song memories.

Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by Paschal007: 12:55pm On Mar 19, 2013
'Don't matter' and 'I wanna Bleep you by Akon. Reminds of my craziest christmas in the village. Combination of city and natural village girls. That was back then.....
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Mar 19, 2013
[size=21pt] Songs That Remind Me of HighSchool. [/size]
He Lives in You - Diana Ross
White Flag -Dido
We are all in This Together - High School Musical 3
Sand in My shoes, and Life for Rent - Dido,
Anytime i hear these songs i remember my Highschool , My friends and some of the few girls i had a crush on.

[size=21pt] Songs of Love and Emotions[/size]
You are The Love of my life- George Benson
To love you more, Tell Him, - Celine Dion
Unbreakable, Soledad, Evergreen - Westlife
My boo, Usher Ft AliciaKeys,
Need You - Nelly and Kelly
She ain't You- Chrisbrown
Adiemus, Only Time - Enya.
Clash of Twins Soundtrack
Paradise, rain down, - Phil Collins
Chiquitter Cry like Rivers - Abba
Goodbye D Saddest Word and
A New Day Has Come - Celine Dion

[size=21pt] Gospel My Best
Our God is an Awesome God He Reigns,
More of You
Awesome God,
You are Mighty and You are holy,
My Life is in Your Hands
Melody Melody Melody,
I'm not for Sale,

We are Aliens - Lecrae
Revolution - Kirk Franklin
You are my strength
And many too numerous to mention...
[/size]
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by nitlad: 1:02pm On Mar 19, 2013
The Jackson 5's ABC evokes the fond memories of the time I was learning ABC! undecided
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by LongOne1(m): 1:02pm On Mar 19, 2013
For me, it is ‘Nothing at all’, a track by Santana, featuring Musiq Soulchild.

There was this chick I was pursuing back in the day, who refused all my moves. I played the song to her one night as I felt it captured the frustrations I felt at the time. Turned out to be a lovely night indeed, one of my fondest memories ever and I get to relive the experience each time I hear it – it was my first.

Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by wehla(m): 1:05pm On Mar 19, 2013
'Overjoy' by Stevie Wonder. That song bring back memories of my childhood days in d 80s and gladden my heart when I overcome obstacles.
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by Oluwadare: 1:08pm On Mar 19, 2013
T-john:
'SACRIFICE' BY ELTON JOHN
thank you very much, that song always gives me reluctance factor anytime i need it.
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by Bryancrox(m): 1:09pm On Mar 19, 2013
Verbes:

You mean past and new.
yes o
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by vanessara: 1:12pm On Mar 19, 2013
Omo mi seun rere by Christy essien Igbokwe

Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by Dovahkiin(m): 1:13pm On Mar 19, 2013
clocks , charlie brown and lovers in japan (osaka sun mix) by coldplay smiley
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by shiningsta: 1:15pm On Mar 19, 2013
'Love is magical' by Michael Jackson.
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by eliznkiru: 1:16pm On Mar 19, 2013
'SACRIFICE' BY ELTON JOHN THIS MY SONG WHENEVER I LISTEN TO THE SONG I FALL ASLEEP COS IT TAKE AWAYS ANY BAD FEELING FROM ME

Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by buklan4realyah(f): 1:22pm On Mar 19, 2013
ocean drive reminds me of d 90s...........
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by Rooneyboy(m): 1:23pm On Mar 19, 2013
chelseabmw: Ginger Ginger by Terry G grin

Correct guy grin
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by mysticgal(f): 1:29pm On Mar 19, 2013
Hero by enrique reminds me of my first kiss.
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by AGgal(f): 1:29pm On Mar 19, 2013
Hate dat i luv u by Rihana ft Neyo

Chidinma Ft. Tha Suspect & Illbliss - Emi Ni Baller Video / "Commando" - Wizkid X Mut4y X Ceeza Milli (Video) / I Am The Jesus Of Nigerian Music - Jesse Jagz