Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? (12631 Views)

Which Music Genre Is The Best? / Which Music Artist Inspires You Most? / Nigeria Music Video Award (nmva) 2010: Which Music Video Rocked Last Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by quicksylva(m): 4:24pm On Mar 19, 2013
Rooneyboy:

ha , baba your head is there I love that song like crazy, another song I'm crazily in love with is DEAR MAMA
Ur head is there too. That song(Changes) is special to me. Dear Mama is also a great song.
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by Neddyogu(m): 4:40pm On Mar 19, 2013
Forevermore by Chris De Burgh
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by Sucexpbojc(m): 4:41pm On Mar 19, 2013
I' searching for all through my life by bongo sekwe and mr. Jailler by asa
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 19, 2013
Disney songs- especially those from Hercules and Tarzan.
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by Richy4(m): 5:12pm On Mar 19, 2013
MAMA by BOYZ TO MEN; One sweet day by Maria Carey and boyz to men cool
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by Oieezhah(f): 6:06pm On Mar 19, 2013
'The king of love my shepherd is' n 'The great physician'. My mom usually sings dos gospel songs bk in dos days wen I ws a kid n usually fell sick in d nyt. Dis days hearin dos songs brngs bk dos memories n alwas make me wona cry remembrn hw she suffad 4 me den. I lov ha.
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Mar 19, 2013
for me it has 2 be
Brandy-Right Here
Shontelle-Impossible
Jordin Spark-No air
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by Phaymostip(m): 6:44pm On Mar 19, 2013
am i stil dat special man by p square...

1 Like

Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by glamoureze(m): 7:26pm On Mar 19, 2013
most nickleback n daughtry's songs
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by rhymz(m): 7:35pm On Mar 19, 2013
makky: Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers.... A classic that always reminds me that true love can still be gotten.
you need to hear the savage Garden version of that song. . Better than Rigteous Brothers version. . . I sleep with that song erryday
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by osinachii: 7:40pm On Mar 19, 2013
Where are the prophets Ras Kimono, reminds me of my younger days, bright, innocent,futuristic boi.
Now 20yrs+ down d road, n am like what in Hell's name happened to those dreams,
so d song n any other early 90's songs does it for me
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by osinachii: 7:55pm On Mar 19, 2013
raqueal: Every important person and event in my life has an attached song. I unconsciously do this and it helps to remember details accurately. From relationships to break ups.

Evi Edna's song reminds of my childhood in the 80's, the best so far. When I displayed such childhood innocence, had no worries, got what I wanted and life was so....simple.It stirs up wonderful feelings I tell ya.

You may forget picture memories, but won't forget song memories.

Abeg, she was this good Evi Edna, make u dey look well b4 u cross
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by Angyee(f): 9:14pm On Mar 19, 2013
Hero by Enrique Iglesias
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by hrhobi1(m): 9:17pm On Mar 19, 2013
Orlando Julius Adara , dance with me , Ise

Femi Kuti. Sorry Sorry.
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by Kezzy24(f): 9:32pm On Mar 19, 2013
Rat Race by the Mandators.
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by amiskurie(m): 10:31pm On Mar 19, 2013
James blunt-your beautiful(the beauties that got away)

Mark morrison-innocent man(when am devastated by life itself)

John mayer-free falling(relaxes the mind)

Miranda lambert-back where I come frm(u already know)
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by sarutobie(m): 12:56am On Mar 20, 2013
scobaba: Vitamin C- graduation song, reminds me of my days in boarding school.

All Eri Donaldson's songs, bob marley n cloud 7(I hope dats d name of d group) reminds me of my Late mum in the mid 9O's(I guess she wished she married Eric D).

Enya's 'ONLY TIME' reminds me of uche, my chick back in university.

Noel's 'SILENT MORNING' n Baltimora's 'TARZAN BOY' reminds me of my face to face neighbour, papa kingsley n his turn table in d late 8O's.

I could go on n on....but make we leave am here.

to think someone mentioned Baltimora's tarzan boy!!..you know your music!..some of the songs that evoke strong emotions from me are..
1.Here I am to worship by Tim hughes
2.Your love is my love by whitney
3.High by lighthouse family
4.Evi Edna's songs
5.Vulundela by Brenda fassie
6.Sondela by Ringo madlingozi
7.Never far away by Lagbaja and ego....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by ruteeb: 1:40am On Mar 20, 2013
Hmmmmm, waited 2 read all ds b4 I cld giv my own comment......
Am actually a music freak bt jst 2 mention jst a lil:let's roll
Breakeven- the script
Am I still dt special man- P square
God gave me u- blake shelton
Tell him- celine dion, reminds me of my 1st bf eva
Unpretty- TLC
Damaged- TLC
Prayer changes- R kelly
I wish- R kelly, wen I lost a class mate bak in d uni, I cried pieces
I'll mak love 2 u- boyz 2 men
Beyonce- cater 2 u, wen am wit ma husband... Feels grt listenin 2 dt song
An many more mehnnnn, jst 2 mention a few and I love Bob marley's songs too and lionel Richie and lots of west life....
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by Nobody: 7:52am On Mar 20, 2013
R & B , H i p H o p a n d P o p s o n g's a r e m y f a v o u r i t e.
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by zolajpower: 12:52pm On Mar 20, 2013
ouch arman: Toni Braxton-Spanish Guitar and Seal-A kiss from the rose.. help me to come over issue at nite whenever me and my first love have problem.. if i can dance with my father again and Jim Reeves 12days of Christmas reminds me of my late Dad.. Sweet mother helps me love my mom more and more.. why Fela and Tupac gat me high on my supply ever friday
. Chaka khan's throu d fire, dionne warwick's no nite,so long whitny's gv me 1 moment n time, bily ocean's there be sad song&Anita bakr's no 1 in d wrld. Dis music has a way of bringin out goose bumbs n me whn i listen2 dem. Dey rmind me of ma chld hood memory.
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by SpaceWorld2013(m): 1:08pm On Mar 20, 2013
adexsimply: VANESSA CARLTON's "thousand miles" just cant explain wat comes over me anytime i start listening to that song..i always end up repeating the song throughout the day

The movie really moved me the day I watched it.
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by mikigen(m): 1:43pm On Mar 20, 2013
WinnieDPooh: ABBA's "Knowing me Knowing You" reminds me so much of my Late Dad, our good moments together and his Fatherly Love and Care...Same with Bob Marley's "Redemption song" that used to be his favourite. May his gentle soul Rest in Peace.
Eyaaah! Never knew your dad was late..wish he was alive 2 sEe what his cute little baby has become...a proud gradte.any ways may his soul rest in peace..how is your day going sweerry?
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by mikigen(m): 1:56pm On Mar 20, 2013
mysticgal: Hero by enrique reminds me of my first kiss.
hmmmmm! Bad gurl cheesy
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by mikigen(m): 2:15pm On Mar 20, 2013
Phaymostip: am i stil dat special man by p square...
bro! Am gonna lock you up coz you just committed murder! Yea! U jst killed it bro! I play dat song almost evryday cry
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by Phaymostip(m): 2:29pm On Mar 20, 2013
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by Phaymostip(m): 2:33pm On Mar 20, 2013
mikigen: bro! Am gonna lock you up coz you just committed murder! Yea! U jst killed it bro! I play dat song almost evryday cry

It Always Gat Me Thinking
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by kcowen(m): 3:05pm On Mar 20, 2013
There's this song i'll never forget,each time i listen 2 d song it brings fond memory,its evergreen and make me cry the song by whitney houston I WILL ALWAYS LOVE U also luther vandross dance with my father,though me & my father never had a good relationship so each time i hear d song it always makes me wish i had done things differently & dance with my father again

1 Like

Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by Connoisseur(m): 4:14am On Mar 21, 2013
If you really love her, let her go by chris de burg. reminds me of the first woman i ever truly loved
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by rhymz(m): 7:40pm On Mar 21, 2013
Truly, some songs bring back fond memories; be it of Love, sex, death, regrets, congy feelings, moving to a new place and so on. . .
I am a sucker for pop/rnb music of the eighties and nineties. Even though I am a guy, my best vocalist is still Whitney followed closely by Toni Braxon.
Some women dont just have the voice, they know how to use it to evoke emotions and actions, Whitney is Undoubtedly one of the best voices of the eighties, 90s and early 2000s before drugs and bad relationship too their tolls on her.
Mehn, I remember back in the days with my Palito battery radio how strictly soul, pop and rnb songs would play from cool fm, shola thompson or so, rythm of the night. . Chai
i remember I had this Mp3 compilation of Whitney and Toni Braxon, I would play them 7pm non stop till the morning light, I remember I once woke up with a whitney song: All the Man I need, playing in my dreams till I woke up to find out it was my CD player serenading.
Back at Uni. . My lodge in Umuelem, Kings Lodge, dont ask me the school. . .lol. . Dem dub my loud rnb and pop music wey i take dey disturb, egwu ncha. . .lol. .
I remember playing this song by Michael Bolton, Missing You. . Damn I had this chic who had fallen in love with the song(she is a Michael Bolton freak anyway) knock at my door and asked if she could borrow it. . ,mehn, I was feeling like wan kind Motown music talent hunter . . Lol. . Unto say I get knack for evergreen songs. . Lol. .
However, the unfortunate thing is that I am yet to find a chic with a passion and musical depth for the kind of genre I listen to . . . Would love to meet such chics. . No be all these small small pikin Azonto gals.

1 Like

Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by rhymz(m): 7:44pm On Mar 21, 2013
kc owen: There's this song i'll never forget,each time i listen 2 d song it brings fond memory,its evergreen and make me cry the song by whitney houston I WILL ALWAYS LOVE U also luther vandross dance with my father,though me & my father never had a good relationship so each time i hear d song it always makes me wish i had done things differently & dance with my father again
whitney has got a voice that even Angels cant rival. . You need to listen to songs like I have nothing, why does it hurt to feel the depth of her vocal dexterity and expertise.
Saving All my love for You is a classic you should be listening to wen you are with that special gal
Re: Which Music Evokes Fond Memories In You? by froz(m): 3:25pm On Jun 12, 2013
Pls some one help me with the start up song DBN play back in the days, its by kenny G, but don't know the title. Its like their theme song back then. Tanx

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dr Sid feat. Don Jazzy, Wizkid and Phyno - Surulere Remix / Kizz Daniel - 'Jaho' (Video) / Nigerian National Anthem - "Hausa Version" Mp3 (+ Lyrics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.