Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,751 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt - Health (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt (26136 Views)

19,396 Test HIV Positive In Niger State – Perm Sec / Lagos Has 1 Million HIV/AIDS Patients? / How Will I Know If Am Not Hiv Positive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Nobody: 12:57am On Mar 19, 2013
logica: LOL. OK, next time I will never say my house has a pool or garden. I will say my "compound" has a pool.

By the way, "has" = "To possess as a characteristic, quality, or function". The fact that a man's @nus has the prostate in proximity unlike a woman's gives it a "characteristic" or "quality". And that "quality" distinguishes their physiology enough to where g@y men find @nal sex pleasurable. Capisce?

[size=13pt]It possibly distinguishes the different kinds of pleasure between same sex and opposite sex. The physiology remains the same. The truth is that heterosexuals perform the act and heterosexuals enjoy the act. So what exactly is your point?

The initial statement that you tried to respond to was along the lines of a man's anus differing from that of a woman. Eight pages later and no one has answered the question. How homosexual transmission of HIV via the anus and heterosexual transmission of HIV via the anus differs also has not been answered. The truth is that there's no difference. The problem with the HIV/AIDS contraction rate in terms of transmission via intimacy stems down to partners not being abstinent or their being intimate in an unsafe manner.

Man or woman, gay or straight, use a condom. Nigerians should research the cost of abstinence, the cost of a condom, the cost of an abortion, the cost of birthing and raising an infant, and the cost of antiviral drugs for treating HIV. Which is cheaper/cheapeast?
The two safer options, abstinence and condoms, don't cost up to $5 dollars. The cost of the rest are in the hundreds and thousands. Why can't common sense be common?[/size]

3 Likes

Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by logica(m): 1:11am On Mar 19, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]It possibly distinguishes the different kinds of pleasure between same sex and opposite sex. The physiology remains the same. The truth is that heterosexuals perform the act and heterosexuals enjoy the act. So what exactly is your point?
[/size]
How can the physiology remain the same when one HAS a prostate and the other doesn't? If you don't get the point too bad.

Now to the semantics. I didn't bother taking you to task earlier, but clearly you don't know the usage of "has". I used the example of "My house has a pool" and your response was it should be "My compound has a pool" because the pool is not in the house. So what will you say of "Peter has a twin"? Does Peter's twin have to be inside Peter like Siamese or what? Or maybe you are inside your mother since she HAS a child. Semantics.

PS: What people had been trying to tell you earlier was, @nal sex is more prevalent in male hom0sexual relationships than heterosexual ones. And @nal sex with or without protection is more dangerous. Therefore a higher rate of male hom0sexual relationships COULD lead to higher infection rates. The same cannot be said of heterosexual relationships.

3 Likes

Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Nobody: 1:26am On Mar 19, 2013
logica: How can the physiology remain the same when one HAS a prostate and the other doesn't? If you don't get the point too bad.

Now to the semantics. I didn't bother taking you to task earlier, but clearly you don't know the usage of "has". I used the example of "My house has a pool" and your response was it should be "My compound has a pool" because the pool is not in the house. So what will you say of "Peter has a twin"? Does Peter's twin have to be inside Peter like Siamese or what? Or maybe you are inside your mother since she HAS a child. Semantics.

[size=13pt]Physiology means "function". The function of the male anus and the female anus are the same, regardless of where any other organ is located.

"Has" is possession or containment. Peter has/possesses a twin. A mother has/possesses a child. The anus, for the last time, does not possess the prostate or any other organ.

The English language and other languages can be forever changing and modernized. One language that hardly changes, if at all, is medical terminology. When medicine and the human body (or any animal) is involved, one must be specific.[/size]
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Nobody: 1:29am On Mar 19, 2013
I guess the female and male anus are the same. They can be used for the same purposes. The only difference being the prostate gland in men.

1 Like

Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Nobody: 1:31am On Mar 19, 2013
logica: How can the physiology remain the same when one HAS a prostate and the other doesn't? If you don't get the point too bad.

HAS refers to different things in your sited examples. HAS is a possessive verb of to own or hold.

My compound has a pool - It is clear the pool is within the exterior of the house.
My house has a pool - It is clear the pool is part of the house. It is not definitively clear where it is located though.

The difference between those two sentences depends on the subjects, My compound and My house. Which the two of them mean different things by their definition.

Peter has a twin brother - It means Peter has a brother who looks exactly like him. HAS in this case can not be argued to be different because the subject is single to the object brother. The case of the anus(subject 1) and the reproductive organ(subject 2) being different makes the possessive verb HAS to be different in this case.
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by logica(m): 1:36am On Mar 19, 2013
all4naija:
My house has a pool - It is clear the pool is part of the house. It is not definitively clear where it is located though.

LOL. Now, I can tell you to give it up; you clearly don't know what you are talking about. Just leave it to the girl and keep on applauding on the sidelines.
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Nobody: 1:36am On Mar 19, 2013
This is image of lower body part of the human anatomy showing the PROSTATE location.

Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Nobody: 1:41am On Mar 19, 2013
logica: LOL. Now, I can tell you to give it up; you clearly don't know what you are talking about. Just leave it to the girl and keep on applauding on the sidelines.
Okay! You hate to admit your error. I am not somebody who you think I am. I quickly accept my error when I am wrong. The explanation on the use of HAS is clear that it depends on the SUBJECT not the OBJECT in this case.
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by logica(m): 1:43am On Mar 19, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]Physiology means "function". The function of the male anus and the female anus are the same, regardless of where any other organ is located.[/size]
Aha. That's where I indeed goofed. Change that to "anatomy". Function remains the same, but even that changes slightly. The point remains: the male h0m0 finds @nal intercourse more pleasurable than the female. Though I cannot tell you this is from experience. cheesy
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by logica(m): 1:47am On Mar 19, 2013
PS: What people had been trying to tell you earlier was, @nal sex is more prevalent in male hom0sexual relationships than heterosexual ones. And @nal sex with or without protection is more dangerous. Therefore a higher rate of male hom0sexual relationships COULD lead to higher infection rates. The same cannot be said of heterosexual relationships.
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Nobody: 1:50am On Mar 19, 2013
logica: Aha. That's where I indeed goofed. Change that to "anatomy". Function remains the same, but even that changes slightly. The point remains: the male h0m0 finds @nal intercourse more pleasurable than the female. Though I cannot tell you this is from experience. cheesy
Keep hating on homosexuals for no good. But, It is clear that is not the reason for the increase in the cases of HIV/AIDS in Benue state.
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by logica(m): 1:52am On Mar 19, 2013
all4naija: Keep hating on homosexuals for no good. But, It is clear that is not the reason for the increase in the cases of HIV/AIDS in Benue state.
LMAO. No vex. I was actually gonna say YOU could tell us from experience. grin
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by rcb34: 1:53am On Mar 19, 2013
The whole truth about this issue is this, we all know that HIV is somtin d whole world is concern about and would want to have a free HIV society,and we knw how much Government sponsors for any information as such so d@ the issue is addressed drasticly, I find it difficult to belief,it seems like a source of revenue from Nigerian Government to enrich some state people,its jst a way of getin money from the government,imagine the statement d@ the society is growing in homosexualism and therefore HiV is on the raising side,when hav any1 in this forum had d@ HIV is transmitted through (homo sexualism) such Immoral act? From the information above I belief is jst a way of getin money from the government, but this dos not mean people should not decipline themselves, especially corpers being posted to the state.
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Nobody: 1:54am On Mar 19, 2013
logica: LMAO. No vex. I was actually gonna say YOU could tell us from experience. grin
I have a girlfriend, dude. I am smart enough not to hate on gays because it is not my cup of tea to do so on what they practice.
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by logica(m): 1:55am On Mar 19, 2013
all4naija: I have a girlfriend, dude.
Huh? Ever heard of Down Low brothers? Dudes even have wives! Having a GF don't mean a thing dun. grin
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Nobody: 1:57am On Mar 19, 2013
logica: Huh? Ever heard of Down Low brothers? Dudes even have wives! Having a GF don't mean a thing dun. grin
It means I am telly you that I am absolutely a straight!
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by logica(m): 1:57am On Mar 19, 2013
all4naija: It is clear that is not the reason for the increase in the cases of HIV/AIDS in Benue state.
We really cannot tell. I can't, and neither can you.
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Nobody: 2:00am On Mar 19, 2013
logica: We really cannot tell. I can't, and neither can you.
Lol... When there are no evidences to support that in the OP post. It means you just like to be inquisitive by pushing it.
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by blizzers(m): 8:13am On Mar 19, 2013
For those who bliv these results must av been exaggerated,don't b pls,jus try come c tins 4 urself.Am a serving batch"B" corper serving in Oju L.G,in dis area,As lazy as their men are,they can hardly do witout pouncing on skirt.Female Corp members posted to dis L.g area are hot cakes.Women/gals are viewed as nothing but sex objects.
I fink IGNORANCE of d use of condom is dere main prob cos ABSTAINANCE they can't do witout.I nid 2 go for test 2,scared of d whistle i used in officiating a match,even tho i left ma joyst2ck @ Lasgidi.lol

1 Like

Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by iamtheprincipal: 9:18am On Mar 19, 2013
Dr.Tony:

If you understand †ђε pathophysiology of HIV then you will know why homosexual especially Male homosexuals are at a higher risk, †ђε Rectum(anus) has dense blood supply & is prone to tear on friction with any object, be it penis, this because †ђε epithelium of †ђε proximal part of †ђε rectum was not made for friction unlike that of †ђε vagina that is stratifed squamous epithelium specially designed for friction, so when there a break in †ђε epithelium of †ђε rectum it exposes †ђε capillaries there and hence tђε HIV is transmitted so easily.

Have you also forgotten that virus was first found among homosexuals in †ђε USA in †ђε early 80's.get your facts & epidemology studies right before mis-informing thousands of masses & further encouraging gays thereby increasing †ђε prevalence of this immune killer.
Thanks

Thanks Dr. Tony for enlightening me on this subject.
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by saved: 9:26am On Mar 19, 2013
ezedolar: O boy I no marry Ene again
:- Abeg, carry her go do HIV/AIDS test before you run. Remember sey the lady loves you o.
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by saved: 9:44am On Mar 19, 2013
Kassidy90:
And ur contribution to the topic is ? .............mtcheeeeeeew.
Simple logic to prevent HIV/AIDs is ABC...
A. Abstinence
B. Be faithful
C. Condomiized..........
:- Thanks for reminding us of the ABC concept. But, to a Benue man, you are speaking grammar (Turenchi). How will HIV/AIDS reduce in Benue when it is their cultural practice or custom to use their wives to entertain visitors. If you perform well with the woman, they kill cock (fowl) to entertain you the following morning. They also inherit women( widows) not minding or bothering to know whether the late husband died of STD's or not. Thanks.
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Nobody: 9:46am On Mar 19, 2013
saved: :- Thanks for reminding us of the ABC concept. But, to a Benue man, you are speaking grammar (Turenchi). How will HIV/AIDS reduce in Benue when it is their cultural practice or custom to use their wives to entertain visitors. If you perform well with the woman, they kill cock (fowl) to entertain you the following morning. They also inherit women( widows) not minding or bothering to know whether the late husband died of STD's or not. Thanks.

[size=13pt]Where in Benue do they do that? I saw it in the Culture section once and was surprised. My dad was raised in Otukpo and never heard of or saw it.[/size]
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by caesaraba(m): 9:48am On Mar 19, 2013
saved: :- Thanks for reminding us of the ABC concept. But, to a Benue man, you are speaking grammar (Turenchi). How will HIV/AIDS reduce in Benue when it is their cultural practice or custom to use their wives to entertain visitors. If you perform well with the woman, they kill cock (fowl) to entertain you the following morning. They also inherit women( widows) not minding or bothering to know whether the late husband died of STD's or not. Thanks.

Hmmmm, you know so much about Benue o. Such a high level of knowledge deserves an award. Where are you from sire?
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Nobody: 10:12am On Mar 19, 2013
killuminati: them say 2 in every 5 people, you say 1 in every 4 people.. Which one to follow now? The article or you? Mtchw!

Na to ban person dem sabi!
2 out of 5 is 40% which is even worse than his supposed 25% estimate. Go figure.
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by EsosaDiva(f): 10:15am On Mar 19, 2013
Funny enof. Dats d state I served.its d male corpers I pitied. D things dey did. Most of dem refused to check dier HIV status b4 passing out sad
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by EsosaDiva(f): 10:17am On Mar 19, 2013
caesaraba:

Hmmmm, you know so much about Benue o. Such a high level of knowledge deserves an award. Where are you from sire?
lmaaaaaoooooo!
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by DrTony1(m): 11:16am On Mar 19, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]The prostrate gland is part of the male reproductive system. The anus/rectum has to be clear in order for waste to be excreted. Therefore, the anus of a man does NOT have a prostate. The prostate gland is below the bladder and anterior of the anus.[/size]
Correctly stated, †ђε base of †ђε prostate is directly below †ђε apex of †ђε bladder, there †ђε prostatic urethra begins.........

But that doesn't mean you can't feel †ђε prostate when inside †ђε anus(rectum), where do you find †ђε fascia of denonnvilliers? afterall have you forgotten †ђε last step of gastro-intestinal examination which is DRE-digital rectal examination used in palpating †ђε prostate( †ђε index finger is inserted into †ђε anus & used to feel †ђε prostate which is anterior to †ђε finger inside †ђε anus) in suspected cases of benign prostatic hyperplasia & other prostatic enlargement.
But I cannot assert that its †ђε prostate that homos feel when inside †ђε anus that makes it enjyoyable to them cos I'm not one.
Thanks
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by DrTony1(m): 11:18am On Mar 19, 2013
iamtheprincipal:

Thanks Dr. Tony for enlightening me on this subject.
You are welcomed always
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by kandiikane(m): 1:04pm On Mar 19, 2013
Dr.Tony:

If you understand †ђε pathophysiology of HIV then you will know why homosexual especially Male homosexuals are at a higher risk, †ђε Rectum(anus) has dense blood supply & is prone to tear on friction with any object, be it penis, this because †ђε epithelium of †ђε proximal part of †ђε rectum was not made for friction unlike that of †ђε vagina that is stratifed squamous epithelium specially designed for friction, so when there a break in †ђε epithelium of †ђε rectum it exposes †ђε capillaries there and hence tђε HIV is transmitted so easily.

Have you also forgotten that virus was first found among homosexuals in †ђε USA in †ђε early 80's.get your facts & epidemology studies right before mis-informing thousands of masses & further encouraging gays thereby increasing †ђε prevalence of this immune killer.
Thanks

Even though the vagina has elasticity, the heat causes sores and rashes which can turn into bruises and blisters, hence, making it easier for the virus to be transmitted from one partner to another. Naturally, you have a slim chance of getting the virus if you have s..ex with an infected partner just once and it goes up if you continue to have s..ex with the infected partner. HIV in Africa is more prevalent in heterosexuals not homosexuals. It's not homosexuality but the lack of education in family planning as ogugua said. If protection were used, people stopped being so promiscuous and tested themselves frequently we won't have such high numbers of people infected with the virus.

1 Like

Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by Afam4eva(m): 1:28pm On Mar 19, 2013
[size=14pt]This is one educating thread.[/size]
Re: 1 Million HIV-Positive People In Benue – govt by sweetcheecks(f): 2:56pm On Mar 19, 2013
Klinee: all your comments is gay propagative,maybe you are a lesbian.but we are not after lesbians we are after gays.pls allow us 2 deal with all those animals.dey are mad people ok

How are they gay propagative? Becouse I am showing you the facts? OKAY, my bad! Believe and do what you want one day you will know for sure. Experience is the best teacher.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Man Commits Suicide In Kano Over Ex-wife’s Remarriage / Man Collapses And Dies While Driving In Gombe State (Photos) / Spiritual Effect Of Having Sex During Menstruation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.