Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,520 members, 7,954,972 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:27 PM

Story: A New Dawn - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Story: A New Dawn (63514 Views)

Blood And Thunder (Dawn Of Justice) / Love Story - A Short Story / Our Love Story ...... (A Story Filled With Revenge, Love And Romance) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 2:02pm On Jul 08, 2013
My dear silent readers, please I need a favour from you guys.

Comment just once and I'll be very happy. Thanks in advance!!
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 2:05pm On Jul 08, 2013
"How may I help you?" the doctor asked once again.

"I am the girl that her father had an accident" she replied rather stupidly.

"I believe there are many children here that their father or parents were involved in accidents. Can you please be more specific?"

"I was in your office the last time I came here and you asked me to pay two hundred thousand naira for his surgery"

"Oh, I now recall, the girl that was begging me for a reduction in the fee. Have you now gotten the money or have you come to beg me again?" he asked.

"Not really. I'm here to deposit an installment" she replied.

"How much are you with here"

"I'm with Twenty Five thousand naira" she replied

"No, no no" he said shaking his head in utmost disapproval. We only accept two installments. But I can make it four just for your sake. But 25,000 naira makes it eight installments which is not acceptable. I am not accepting it. Come back when you have at least fifty thousand or more" he finished

"And don't attempt to beg me" he added.

Blessing knew better than to beg him so she murmured an inaudible thank you and left the office sadly. She didn't see Grace as she left so she went off walking rather sluggishly to the park.

"Mile One! Mile One!! Mile One!!"

"Diiiooiobbbbuuuu"

"Aba! Aba!! Aba!!!"

"Rumuomasi"

"Osisioma! Main Park!!"

These were the different chants that punctuated the air as she got closer to the park.

There was a large crowd there. This was due to the fact that the Oil and Gas workers and stations were on strike and there was scarcity of both petroleum products and buses. The bus drivers had hiked their prices so many people were reluctant to enter.

"Oyigbo last bus stop" the voice of the conductor was loud and clear as he stepped down and made way as a surge of people struggled to enter the bus.

It was the popular long bus known as 'Skye bank bus' which was introduced into the state by the Rivers State Government in collaboration with Skye bank.

People preferred it because it was very cheap.

People were struggling to enter the bus but Blessing didn't want to struggle. She stood apart from the crowd at one corner and watched them as they struggled.

As she watched, she saw something. Her second voice urged her on overshadowing the first and small voice.

Her legs seemed as though they were also in agreement with the second voice as they began to move almost instantly.

She walked towards the crowd with quivering legs and joined the crowd in pushing and struggling.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by jjagz: 2:31pm On Jul 08, 2013
Some corrections please.....Schools of nursing don't award degrees, you become a registered nurse or something like that. And abeg any medic or doctor on NL should help me o, forget Nigerian films a lil...doctors are not like that, haba an a girl with no one else. Sha na story. BIG UPS to you.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 5:51pm On Jul 08, 2013
jjagz: Some corrections please.....Schools of nursing don't award degrees, you become a registered nurse or something like that. And abeg any medic or doctor on NL should help me o, forget Nigerian films a lil...doctors are not like that, haba an a girl with no one else. Sha na story. BIG UPS to you.

Thanks for that pointer... I was kinda confused sha that's why I just left it like that. But I'll be making the necessary corrections soonest. I grab too but you know say na story na!
Re: Story: A New Dawn by laykhorn(m): 10:52pm On Jul 08, 2013
Neduzze5:

Yeah, at first I was updating constantly unt I went back to school. Now there's ASUU strike so I'll be more constant. Thanks for following and thanks for reading.
Ok man!
Got your back here
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 10:18am On Jul 09, 2013
@OlowoTee, I see you! Good morning!

Good morning peepz!

Update coming soon!

Brush your teeth and prepare for breakfast!

grin
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 10:40am On Jul 09, 2013
Her own pushing and struggling was not because she wanted to join the bus. She had other plans on her mind.

She stealthily made her way to the back of a particular man who was also pushing and struggling.

After a while, the man entered the bus and soon after his entry, the bus got full.

He looked out of the bus smiling sheepishly while Blessing waved at him smiling too. She then began to walk away from the bus.

"Hmmm, that was a good one young lady" she heard behind her.

Her heart nearly jumped into her mouth because she thought it was a policeman and she covered the wallet with her handkerchief.

"What I do?" she asked stammering and turning to face him.

"I saw how you stole that man's wallet from his pocket" he replied.

"Me? I didn't steal anything oh" she tried protesting but the look on her face gave her away.

"Stop lying, I saw you with my eyes. Do you stay around here?" the man asked digressing a bit. It seemed like he meant no harm.

"No.... Yes" she actually meant to stick to 'no' but her mouth went for something else.

"I would love to see you later today at Chicken Republic. Will that be possible? " he asked

"Erm... No.. No. I'm qui... quite busy so I ca... can't" she stammered

She was surprised at first at his weird request but she noted mentally that it could be a ploy to arrest her.

"Okay... So what's your name?"

"I don't tell strangers my name" she replied and walked away from him and entered a taxi. She didn't even know where she got the courage to walk away from him and she was surprised that he allowed her walk away.

She was the only one inside but she didn't want to take the risk of waiting there and she wasn't really sure who the man was.

"Driver, drop" she addressed the driver

When she said 'drop', she meant that she wanted to charter the taxi i.e he will take her straight to her house.

"You go pay for all the seats oh" he told her

"I know" she replied

"Na three hundred naira oh" he told her entering the car

"Dey go" she replied sinking into the front passenger seat.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 6:35pm On Jul 09, 2013
laykhorn:
Ok man!
Got your back here

Thanks boss. Your comment gladdens my heart.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by IdeeEsperanza(m): 7:30pm On Jul 09, 2013
I just stumbled on this thread accidentally and read to this point. Nice story...I should say, nice. Keep it up!
Re: Story: A New Dawn by EmmyBoy2(m): 10:01pm On Jul 09, 2013
@ brownlord. Set up a bomb making factory....? U funny no be small. grin
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 1:20pm On Jul 10, 2013
idee.esperanza:
I just stumbled on this thread accidentally and read to this point. Nice story...I should say, nice. Keep it up!

Thanks my guy. I'm putting something together already.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 1:21pm On Jul 10, 2013
Emmy Boy: @ brownlord. Set up a bomb making factory....? U funny no be small. grin

I don't understand
Re: Story: A New Dawn by IdeeEsperanza(m): 6:15pm On Jul 10, 2013
Waiting for update...patiently waiting! cheesy
Re: Story: A New Dawn by toygod2: 4:04am On Jul 11, 2013
i go come read dis lata....
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 9:36am On Jul 11, 2013
When she got to her destination, she got down from the taxi.

"Madam, give me my money" the driver requested as though he was scared that she would go away without giving him his money.

"I dey come" she replied and proceeded to pay the taxi driver.

It was then that she noticed that her purse was missing.

"My purse" she murmured and began searching for it in the passenger's seat where she had just come out from.

"Madam, wetin you dey find?" the driver questioned her.

"I'm looking for my purse" she answered looking at the driver with hope that he might have seen it.

"Madam, if na like this wey you wan take wayo me so that you no go pay me my money, e no go work for you oh" he said coming out of his taxi,his voice beginning to rise and walking towards her menacingly.

"Pay me my money jare" he shouted angrily.

When she remembered that she was in possession of a wallet that could possibly contain money, it gave her hope.

She had wanted to plead with him but this new wave of hope instilled a kind of courage in her and she shouted back at the driver.

"No dey shout for me jare. Wetin be your own?"

She opened the wallet to see money in denominations of #500 and #1000.

"Take your money and give me my change" she said and punched a 500 naira note into his open hands.

"No be your purse be that?" he asked with a look of disgust on his face.

"This thing resemble purse for your eye?" she asked with a sneer and walked away with her change in her right hand.

She was very distraught with losing her purse with such a huge amount of money in it.

How it had happened, she couldn't tell.

As she walked into her house with a heavy heart, she noticed a letter of some sort lying in the corridor on the ground.

What she didn't notice was the long stare from a man just driving past in his Mercedes E-class Benz.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 9:44am On Jul 11, 2013
idee.esperanza:
Waiting for update...patiently waiting! cheesy

Your patience has paid off. Thanks for being patient with me.

1 Like

Re: Story: A New Dawn by VanTee20(m): 9:44am On Jul 11, 2013
Nice one Neduzze, please continue...
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 9:46am On Jul 11, 2013
toygod2: i go come read dis lata....

That's okay.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 12:58pm On Jul 11, 2013
VanTee20: Nice one Neduzze, please continue...

I'm already cooking up a longer update.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by IdeeEsperanza(m): 1:21pm On Jul 11, 2013
Neduzze5:

I'm already cooking up a longer update.
Abeg, cook am wella with enough spice (pepper & onions inclusive).
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 11, 2013
So, this is who blessing has become? A thief? A bloody thief? A bitchy thief? Well. Lets see how it goes. But no problem na, she pick pocket, and her pocket was picked. 50-50 no cheating
Re: Story: A New Dawn by pammusphy(m): 2:00pm On Jul 11, 2013
Nice story... But just try to be realistic.
The deviation from natural course is too much.
Anyway, im still enjoying it.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by losprince(m): 2:18pm On Jul 11, 2013
What is ble turning into nao!? OMG what an innocent child.
@ neduzze you did some unpredictable stunts at your story one would never think ble would turn out to be a thief, but guy you carry the thing go too far. Its just like the end of the story has just begun. Well do your thing I'm sure for a writer such as you, you must good basis for such plots
Re: Story: A New Dawn by oyestephen(m): 3:00pm On Jul 11, 2013
Hmm.....na letter bomb ?
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 12:13pm On Jul 12, 2013
Blessing entered inside the house still gazing at the letter in her hands.

Her body seemed to vibrate as she read the contents of the letter. It was a letter from the landlord through a court.

It was an eviction letter.

In the letter, she was requested to vacate the house in 24 hours time if not she would be ejected forcefully by the police.

She looked at it with disbelief once again.

She remembered few days ago one early morning, the landlord had come to her front yard shouting and scolding her because of non payment of rents.

The landlord also alleged that he was being owed three months of rent by her parents.

Blessing decided to go to his house and settle the issue once and for all. The houses in that compound were not the kind of "face me I face you" that was usually noticeable in most of those kind of houses. It could rather be called "face me I back you" or face me I side you".

Two of the houses were side by side with themselves while the other two were at the back of each of the first two. The landlord's own house was at the back of Blessing's house.

"Knock knock knock" she knocked at his door when she got there with the eviction letter in her hands.

"Who be that?" he asked from inside.

"Oga landlord, na me Blessing" she answered

"Come in"

She removed her slippers and walked into the room.

He was arranging his numerous cd plates and films and playing one of Duncan Mighty's music "Port Harcourt First Son" loudly from his Home theatre and singing along when she walked into the room.

The landlord was an Ikwerre man in his mid forties and lived alone in his house. It was rumoured that he had been married before but sent his wife away due to her infidelity. The two children they had were rumoured to be 'bastards'.

He didn't reduce the volume of the music when she came in or stop singing but using hand gestures, he directed her to a seat.

This was the second time she had entered his room, the first being about six years ago when her dad had sent her on an errand to deliver a message to him.

She took her time to look at the pictures hanging on the wall and the decorations that was used in the rooms. He had a Plasma flat screen TV, with four home theatre speakers.

What she didn't know was that all these while, he was actually assessing her and smacking his lips in presumed delight.

Soon, he finished what he was doing and lowered the volume of his music.

"What can I do for you?" he asked

She frowned at what he was trying to imply as though he didn't know about the letter.

She showed him the letter.

"I saw this letter at my door when I came home few minutes ago" she said

"Oh that? Your rent is long overdue and I'm even owed three months. If I don't see my money in the next twenty four hours, you will have yourself to blame" he threatened.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 3:24pm On Jul 12, 2013
Damex333: So, this is who blessing has become? A thief? A bloody thief? A bitchy thief? Well. Lets see how it goes. But no problem na, she pick pocket, and her pocket was picked. 50-50 no cheating

Na condition make crayfish bend grin
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 3:30pm On Jul 12, 2013
pammusphy: Nice story... But just try to be realistic.
The deviation from natural course is too much.
Anyway, im still enjoying it.

Thanks for that observation. I'm really noticing the deviation. I'm working on it.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by JoBle(f): 1:21am On Jul 13, 2013
When you said long update,I expected a long update. This one na half chop. Now,you've made me come out of retirement. Come fast and continue pls.

*Goes back to silent mode*
Re: Story: A New Dawn by losprince(m): 10:53am On Jul 13, 2013
@neduZze you are not keeping it real dude!

Atleast after going awol, drop something worth it
Re: Story: A New Dawn by princesa(f): 12:41pm On Jul 13, 2013
Go easy on blessing abeg, her tragedy is heart wrenchingsad
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 3:06pm On Jul 13, 2013
JoBlè: When you said long update,I expected a long update. This one na half chop. Now,you've made me come out of retirement. Come fast and continue pls.

*Goes back to silent mode*

I promised

I failed

But I won't fail again

That's if I will promise again

Lemme finish washing my dad's cloth (what ASUU caused)

Be right back!
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 3:31pm On Jul 13, 2013
"Oga landlord, it's not like that. You know my mum is dead and my dad had an accident. I've not even paid for his medical bills talk more of other expenses that is needed to be taken care of" she replied in a wane voice.

"How is that my business?" He asked unconcernedly "abi na me kill your mama?"

"Landlord, please give me one more month please. I'll pay you by then"

"One month? You're not serious. Do you think I'm running a charity home here?" he asked with a look of bewilderment.

"Landlord please" she said and fell on her knees in supplication.

As the landlord looked at her in her pitiable state, evil thoughts or rather, immoral thoughts began to becloud his sense of reasoning.

"Stand up" he said pulling her up "I can make your debts history and give you two years of staying there free of charge"

"How" she asked him looking surprised a little.

He came closer to her entwining his hands around her waist and rubbing her backside with his hands.

She began feeling uncomfortable and tried to break free from him. He held on to her interlocking his both hands behind her.

"What do I have to do" she asked in an unintended whisper.

He didn't answer but brought down his lips to meet hers. She in a swift move, removed her face from his.

"I want you" he said in a kind of low tone sexy bedroom voice.

"What" she shouted exasperated

"Please, I will give you anything you want" he was beginning to get aggressive.

Blessing was filled with hate and disgust. A man such as this wanted to satisfy his carnal desires through her. He reminded her of when she was first raped and her revulsion for him increased.

His testosterones were beginning to get high.
He tried to put in his hands through her skirt.

That was when it happened.

Blessing played along holding him on his head. Leaning towards him, she bit his ears with her lips. He grunted in pleasure.

On seeing that, her anger increased and she bit him again on his ear, precisely his right ear. Not with her lips this time, but with her teeth almost tearing it off in the process.

"Aaaaaaahhhhh" he screamed in unenviable pain rolling on the ground and holding his injured ear. His scream reverberated throughout the whole house.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

Baba Olowo d Long Prick (a comedy Story For All My Niggars) / Divided Emotions / What Is The Difference Between Learnt And Learned?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.