Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,571 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Story: A New Dawn - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Story: A New Dawn (62669 Views)

Blood And Thunder (Dawn Of Justice) / Love Story - A Short Story / Our Love Story ...... (A Story Filled With Revenge, Love And Romance) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 10:24pm On May 21, 2013
i have updated oh
Re: Story: A New Dawn by oyestephen(m): 11:08pm On May 21, 2013
Neduzze5: i have updated oh
Yep, but its short oh
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 11:19pm On May 21, 2013
oyestephen:
Yep, but its short oh

like seriously? That's one full page from microsoft word, font size= 10, line spacing= 1.0!! Jeez! embarassed

1 Like

Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 1:26pm On May 22, 2013
“My son did not do anything. He has been at home since yesterday. It was this morning I woke up and began looking for him only to be told by the gate man that he had gone to throw away waste” Mrs Jacobs replied calmly.

“Yes, I concur with my wife. He has been at home through out yesterday, did some washings and cleaned up around the house. The maid girl is not around so he has been quite busy” Mr Jacobs added

The Inspector took a glance at all of them and gave a deep sigh before speaking up
“Hmm, I have heard all that you have said. I feel he is innocent too but I was just following normal police procedures. Since you all say he’s innocent, i will leave him with you. I intended taking him to the station but now, I will let him stay back. I will come from time to time to check on him. I will be heading to the hospital now. Let me see what the doctor have for me” he said while finishing up the glass of wine that had been served him.
“Thank you very much Officer Sunny, it’s a pleasure to meet you” Mr Jacobs said extending his hand for a handshake
“You are welcome Sir. See you later, for now, work calls and to the hospital we must go” he said with a big grin on his lips.
Our Saviours hospital was a sight to behold. It was a magnificent building in every sense of magnificence. It was the best private hospital in the whole of Port Harcourt and was centered at a very good location. It was visible from almost every area, a six storey building and had it’s name boldly inscribed at the top of the hospital. Its nurses were of high quality and were highly trained. They were retrained in the United States. The hospital had a low record of death and that was why it was highly patronized by most people. This was where Henry had brought Mrs Dike and her daughter. A doctor was attending to them when Inspector Sunny walked into the hospital.

“Good morning doctor” he greeted pleasantly
“Good morning Inspector Sunny. How was your night?” the doctor whose name was Stephen asked rather too cheerfully. They knew each other from formal meetings they had held before on behalf of their various organisations.
“My night was okay. Thank you very much for everything and especially for the call you gave us. You have been very helpful indeed. I came to check on the patients, how they are faring and to find out some facts from you”
“They are okay although the older woman has lost a lot of blood. She has been put on drip for now. The younger woman is in a coma but she would soon come around. Let’s go to my office where we can sit and talk better. Nurse, please watch them for me. i have other things to attend to now” he said to his assistant nurse.
“Yes Doctor, I am here” the nurse responded

Dr Stephen and Inspector Sunny walked down to the former’s office. When they had arrived, they both sat down. The doctor stood up from his seat and went towards the fridge in his office where he brought out two can malts and offered one to his visitor who gladly accepted it. Today’s turning out to be a good day, the Inspector thought to himself smiling a little, first it was wine, now it’s malt, maybe later it will be food.

“What are you smiling at?” the doctor asked bemusedly
“You caught me. I was thinking of how I would look in a doctor’s uniform with a stethoscope around my neck” he lied grinning sheepishly.

2 Likes

Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 1:29pm On May 22, 2013
That's all I could come up with, It's short but please manage. will update later today. Lemme start working on it right away undecided may begin another story soon! grin
Re: Story: A New Dawn by VanTee20(m): 2:04pm On May 22, 2013
This story is interesting, keep it coming Neduzze grin grin grin.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 2:32pm On May 22, 2013
VanTee20: This story is interesting, keep it coming Neduzze grin grin grin.

Ayaf see you. Ayam stee trying to update on the short stories thread grin
Re: Story: A New Dawn by VanTee20(m): 2:56pm On May 22, 2013
Neduzze5:

Ayaf see you. Ayam stee trying to update on the short stories thread grin

grin grin grin.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 3:00pm On May 22, 2013
VanTee20:

grin grin grin.

angry sad embarassed lipsrsealed undecided cry tongue
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 7:03pm On May 22, 2013
Getting ready to update, keep viewing!!
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 7:06pm On May 22, 2013
The doctor laughed aloud
“Thank God at least you are in a uniform, still saving lives. A doctor’s work and that of the police are almost correlated”
“I agree with you sha. Back to the reason why i came around, i have some questions that i need to ask you so as to help me in my investigations”
“Please ask. I will be glad to help you in this case?”
“What do you think the time they were attacked is?”
“Well, from the tests we have run, I was able to come to a conclusion that the time of their attack was between 8 to 10pm at night”
“What degrees of injuries were inflicted on them?”

“The older woman has a gunshot injury to her chest, close to her heart and the younger woman from the various tests we have carried, I think she was raped. When she was brought in, there were blood stains on her thigh and on her skirt. The older woman has really lost a lot of blood and to confide in you, I don’t think she can survive it”

Inspector Sunny was taking down some notes as the doctor was talking.
“Have you been able to find out who she was?” Doctor Stephen asked
“Well when we went to the site of the crime, we picked up a purse. In it we saw some keys, a little amount of money and nothing else. There’s no way i can find out who she is.”
“Are you trying to say that the police is helpless in this case?”
“I hate to admit it but yes. There’s nothing we can do about it....Yes! You are wrong. The Police is not entirely helpless. The boy that brought them to the hospital said that he knows the girl and we went to his house from the crime site so all i have to do is to pay him a visit and...”

“Doctor, doctor, the patient that was brought in earlier this morning is dying”
It was the nurse that the doctor placed in charge of the patient before he left for his office. She had interrupted them when she banged into his office to inform him that the patient was dying. The doctor on hearing this picked up his stethoscope, rushed up and ran to the ward where the dying patient lay closely followed behind by Inspector Sunny and the nurse.

On getting there, the doctor leaned forward and held her wrist in a bid to check her pulse. After a moment, he picked up his stethoscope and checked her heartbeat with it. After what felt like an entirety, he removed it from his ears shaking his head.
“She is dead” he blurted out.

5 Likes

Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 7:07pm On May 22, 2013
updates have really been short for some time now, ii don't know what trick to use
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 11:14pm On May 22, 2013
So no one likes my story bah? It's not fair. at least, when you read, you post your comments and check my mistakes so that i will make corrections. It will enable me to update regularly since I know people are watching my back cry

1 Like

Re: Story: A New Dawn by Tinu02(f): 3:00am On May 23, 2013
superb but 2 short
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 9:40am On May 23, 2013
Tinu-02:
superb but 2 short

Wow, i will try my best to update longer posts
Re: Story: A New Dawn by VanTee20(m): 10:18am On May 23, 2013
Neduzze5: So no one likes my story bah? It's not fair. at least, when you read, you post your comments and check my mistakes so that i will make corrections. It will enable me to update regularly since I know people are watching my back cry
Continue jor, I dey your back gidigba grin.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Nobody: 10:20am On May 23, 2013
Yes nobody likes your story tongue
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 10:30am On May 23, 2013
VanTee20:
Continue jor, I dey your back gidigba grin.
Me dey vex oh. make i try cook breakfast for una sha. good morning peepz
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 10:31am On May 23, 2013
Br3nd4: Yes nobody likes your story tongue

Ayam going to stop here now. Leave me alone joor
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Nobody: 10:33am On May 23, 2013
Neduzze5:

tongue tongue Lazy boy tongue
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 10:36am On May 23, 2013
Br3nd4:

tongue tongue Lazy boy tongue

Enh, I agree. I am a lAzy boy. By the way, I'm thinking of starting another story. What do you think?
Re: Story: A New Dawn by VanTee20(m): 10:39am On May 23, 2013
Neduzze5:

Ehn? Stop where? U'd better continue if you don't want Neduzzus to die grin grin
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 10:40am On May 23, 2013
VanTee20:

Ehn? Stop where? U'd better continue if you don't want Neduzzus to die grin grin

Please don't kill Neduzzus oh. Okay, I am going to update soon
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Nobody: 10:44am On May 23, 2013
Neduzze5:

Enh, I agree. I am a lAzy boy. By the way, I'm thinking of tarting another story. What do you think?

Smh. . . What ever makes you happy. . . *lazy ass* tongue
Re: Story: A New Dawn by VanTee20(m): 10:51am On May 23, 2013
Neduzze5:

Please don't kill Neduzzus oh. Okay, I am going to update soon

Now you are talking smiley smiley.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 10:51am On May 23, 2013
Br3nd4:

Ye Ma'am
Re: Story: A New Dawn by VanTee20(m): 10:53am On May 23, 2013
Br3nd4:

Hey Brenda, you no dey show face for my thread again. Wetin I take do you na? sad sad
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 10:55am On May 23, 2013
VanTee20:

Now you are talking smiley smiley.

Keep still and let me rain down my blessings on you all
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Nobody: 10:59am On May 23, 2013
VanTee20:

Hey Brenda, you no dey show face for my thread again. Wetin I take do you na? sad sad

I dey vex 4 all of una n ur short updates
Re: Story: A New Dawn by VanTee20(m): 11:07am On May 23, 2013
Br3nd4:

I dey vex 4 all of una n ur short updates

No vex o. I go make sure my next update long like epistlesmiley.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Nobody: 11:10am On May 23, 2013
Hehehehe. . . Okay o. . Then after that one the next update will be next year abi? grin
Re: Story: A New Dawn by VanTee20(m): 11:18am On May 23, 2013
Br3nd4: Hehehehe. . . Okay o. . Then after that one the next update will be next year abi? grin

No o, after that one the story go finish grin grin grin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie: 16 Things You Did Not Know About Her / More Than A Friend (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) / Divided Emotions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.