Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,654 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:24 PM

Story: A New Dawn - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Story: A New Dawn (62653 Views)

Blood And Thunder (Dawn Of Justice) / Love Story - A Short Story / Our Love Story ...... (A Story Filled With Revenge, Love And Romance) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 6:33am On Jun 05, 2013
princesa: @mumz, wetin i do u na, you dnt read my story again?

I have colonized her with my own story! tongue
Re: Story: A New Dawn by MumZ(f): 9:10am On Jun 05, 2013
Ha ha, dis ur story sad o, accident ke, wen Iv been lookn 4wrd 2 daughter n father uniting. Kai, cnt wait 4 dat new dawn. D twists is gd though, mkes d story unpredictable. I luv suspense. Kudos n I do read Princessa's story. Great writers on nairaland.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by princesa(f): 11:44am On Jun 05, 2013
Neduzze5:

I have colonized her with my own story! tongue
you wish cool
thanks mumz for keeping a date with me, and not adding to the pressure, thought I'd step on some lovely foot with my attitude.

nedu, nice one, you've given her some emotion...keep on, am with you...
Re: Story: A New Dawn by oyestephen(m): 9:27am On Jun 06, 2013
Oga nedu, this is not tragi-comedy, this is tragi-tragedy raised to the power of 2
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 10:28pm On Jun 06, 2013
CHAPTER SIX

The morning was still very young and dawn was just breaking. The cocks were on top of their morning duty trying to wake everyone for the daily activities that lay ahead.

The birds were equally doing well in their own job of singing. It seems like because we do not pray and sing praises to God in the morning when we get up from the bed again, the birds have taken over that function giving out sweet and lovely memories.

It was almost 7am. Blessing was just waking up from sleep. She had slept all night. But now, she was awake and looking at her environment and it seemed so different. She sat up with a start. She looked around and saw beds around her.

By her left, a nurse was sleeping on a chair close to her. From the look of the place and the blue linens that was used to make the beds, it seemed to her that she was in the hospital. But she had to confirm so she tapped the nurse sitting close to her.

The nurse woke up yawning and rubbing her eyes with the back of her left hand. She looked at her watch. It was 7:29am.

"Where am I?" Blessing asked

That was a stupid question she had asked because just taking a good look at the nurse should have answered her questions.

"You're safe. You're in the hospital" was the reply that came.

"How did I get here"

"One Mr Sylvester brought you here"

The name seemed so strange to her. She rummaged through her mind for the name. It was like she had not heard such a name before. Then like a flash of lightening, she remembered who bore that name.

He was their neighbour, a bachelor that just parked in last year.

It was then that the events of yesterday began to replay in her head. Dad crossing... Me shouting... Trailer knocking him down... Me fainting...!
She was now on the verge of crying.

"Oh my God. My dad, my dad, daddy daddy daddy!" she muttered.

"Where's my dad" her question was directed to the nurse sitting close to her.

"Your dad? Who's your dad?" the nurse asked looking confused.

"He... He ha.. had an accident" she stammered

"Oh, yes. The man also came in with a badly injured man. He has been moved to the Accident and Emergency Unit. He's in a critical condition now"

"Take me to the ward he is in" she ordered

"Please Miss, you have to rest. You are having a migraine" the nurse said trying to hold her down.

"Take me to the ward now" she screamed. Her scream echoed all around the unit.

"Shh, be calm. Okay, I'll take you there" the nurse said rising up from her seat and leading the way.

"Dad" she muttered and rushed to the bed he was placed on when they got to the ward where he was admitted.

"He can't hear you. He's in a sort of coma now and has been placed on oxygen" the nurse said behind her.

"Oh God, what have I done to deserve all this" she was asking nobody in particular.

The door to the ward opened and the doctor stepped in. He was on his white uniform and looking good.

"Good morning doctor" the nurse greeted.

"Good morning dear" he replied "and who is she" he asked pointing at Blessing

"She's the daughter of this man, the accident victim"

"Okay" He responded and went ahead to check the pulse of Mr Dike. He was still in a coma.

"Remember to check out his pulse every five hours" he told the nurse

"And Miss, please I will like to see you in my office" he said addressing Blessing

1 Like

Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 10:31pm On Jun 06, 2013
Sorry guys for not being able to upload yesterday. My battery was low. Enjoy this little dinner.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 10:34pm On Jun 06, 2013
Mum Z :
Ha ha, dis ur story sad o, accident ke, wen Iv been lookn 4wrd 2 daughter n father uniting. Kai, cnt wait 4 dat new dawn. D twists is gd though, mkes d story unpredictable. I luv suspense. Kudos n I do read Princessa's story. Great writers on nairaland.

That's why it's a tragi comedy. Of course, there will be a new dawn.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 10:39pm On Jun 06, 2013
princesa:
you wish cool
thanks mumz for keeping a date with me, and not adding to the pressure, thought I'd step on some lovely foot with my attitude.

nedu, nice one, you've given her some emotion...keep on, am with you...

Thank you for everything dear.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 10:42pm On Jun 06, 2013
oyestephen: Oga nedu, this is not tragi-comedy, this is tragi-tragedy raised to the power of 2

No oh, it's a tragi comedy because it will end happily.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Emeralddan(f): 10:40am On Jun 07, 2013
Oh no dis is so sad..
Re: Story: A New Dawn by princesa(f): 9:21am On Jun 08, 2013
Neduzze5:

Thank you for everything dear.
you are welcomewink
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 7:18pm On Jun 08, 2013
My inspiration is ebbing so so much. I just hope I'll be able to finish this because we still have a very long way to go!
Re: Story: A New Dawn by switgoody(f): 5:09pm On Jun 09, 2013
Am waiting for d comedy side of this story cos dis tragedy is too much.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by MumZ(f): 3:30pm On Jun 10, 2013
Whre dis guy sef, we no been dey find u b4 u update na. Abeg, inspiratn cme bac o, mke dis guy finish dis tory. Nedu, cme n write, inspiratn don cme bac 4rm travel.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 4:50pm On Jun 10, 2013
Mum Z :
Whre dis guy sef, we no been dey find u b4 u update na. Abeg, inspiratn cme bac o, mke dis guy finish dis tory. Nedu, cme n write, inspiratn don cme bac 4rm travel.

Lol, just seeing this now. I've been so busy with my studies and I've not really been able to make use of my brain to write but I've started something. By God's grace, I'll post tonight. Love you all.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 4:51pm On Jun 10, 2013
switgoody: Am waiting for d comedy side of this story cos dis tragedy is too much.

Comedy still far well well!
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 2:07pm On Jun 11, 2013
"Yes Miss, please sit down" the doctor addressed Blessing as she entered his office. She sat as she was instructed and waited while the doctor took time to go through some documents in front of him. She herself began looking at the various pictures hung on the walls of the doctor's office. There was the picture of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, that of the Governor of Rivers State was also there and that of the Honorable Commissioner for Health was also there.

"Miss" the doctor called out while putting the documents he had been reading down to his table.

"Yes doctor" she replied

"I called you here because I need to talk to you about your father"

Blessing sat up when she heard the word 'father' mentioned.
The doctor continued,

"Your father is having internal bleeding and a surgery is needed to take care of that as soon as possible"

"So Doctor, what are you waiting for" she said sounding agitated.

"Money! A certain amount of money is needed to carry out this surgery"

"Like how much?" she asked with uncertainty in her voice.

"Now you're talking. The surgery would cost about 200, 000 naira" he replied.

"200 what?" she screamed out a question

"Yes Miss. Endeavor to get it before Friday. Today's Wednesday, you have about two days to go. Please do hurry"

"Doctor please" she was on her knees now

"Is there no way the money can be reduced please?"

"It was supposed to be 250,000 naira but I removed 50,000 naira. Please I have some patients to attend to" he was beginning to get irritated.

He then stood up from the chair and walked towards the door. He opened it and stood there while giving her a look that read 'Can you please leave?'.
She stood up and walked towards the door dejectedly.

As she came closer to her mother's shop, a surprise look spread over her face. The shop was open and almost empty. She came closer and walked into the shop. A writing on the door of the shop caught her attention. It was written in numbers and symbols but she didn't understand what it meant.

"Aunty Nkiru" she called out to their next door neighbour who sold her wares close to them.

"Ah, Blessing, wetin happen na? For the past one week, nobody don see any of una. Even your Mama. She follow you come?"

It was obvious she was oblivious of what had happened to Blessing and her mother.
"No, she no follow me come. Aunty Nkiru, wetin happen here?" Blessing asked looking towards her (Blessing) shop.

"Ah, Blessing, na on Tuesday oh, tax people come here come collect tax oh. When dey no see any of una, them con break into una shop come carry everything commot"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 2:08pm On Jun 11, 2013
I'm back. Let's see if I will be better!
Re: Story: A New Dawn by oyestephen(m): 5:13pm On Jun 11, 2013
It seems gossip doesnt spread fast in that part of nigeria, 'cos i expected their neighbour to have heard of the unfortunate incident
blessing sorry for the tragedy neduzze is putting you through
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Nobody: 9:22am On Jun 14, 2013
Wow! I love this story
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 9:26am On Jun 14, 2013
Becalina: Wow! I love this story

Thank you very much. You are also doing well with urs.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 9:28am On Jun 14, 2013
oyestephen: It seems gossip doesnt spread fast in that part of nigeria, 'cos i expected their neighbour to have heard of the unfortunate incident
blessing sorry for the tragedy neduzze is putting you through

I'm also sorry for Blessing. its not every time gossips spread like that and they keep to themselves a lot. I think I indicated it somewhere there!
Re: Story: A New Dawn by losprince(m): 11:36pm On Jun 15, 2013
Wow nedu you got my mind captivated too like the likes of princessa shocked shocked grin
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 8:29pm On Jun 16, 2013
losprince: Wow nedu you got my mind captivated too like the likes of princessa shocked shocked grin

Thanks bro. I have been inspired to update by you and some other people so this night, I present to you all another great, surprising and thrilling twist in this story.... Watch out for....!
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 9:19pm On Jun 16, 2013
The news was like a bomb to her.

It was from the shop that she was hoping to make the money for attending to her father's medical situation but with such a thing that just happened, there was no way she would be able to get the required amount of money before the set deadline. She walked back into the shop dejectedly and kicked one of the stools out of her way with an angry look on her face.

Her face twitched at the kick because the wooden stool had hit her on the calf of her leg and it pained her a lot. She picked up the stool and sat down on it.

She took a good look at the shop. It was now virtually empty save for some little things like candles sweets, empty crates of minerals etc. There was nothing she could make from them at this point in time. She needed money urgently and as soon as possible.

Blessing picked up the walkie talkie she had come with and walked out of the shop.

A walkie talkie is a polythene bag sold in Nigeria, don’t know if it’s sold in other parts of the world at the price of #10 or less.

She had brought the walkie talkie along because she planned to enter the Rumuomasi main market on her way back home and buy food stuffs for cooking. She locked up the shop and walked down towards the main road. There she flagged down a bike.

“Rumuomasi Market” she said to the bike rider

“Madam enter” the bike man replied her adjusting for her to sit.

“How much” she asked him pulling up her skirt a little to enable her sit comfortably.

“Na 50 naira oh” he replied, “Make I dey go?” he asked

“Dey go” she replied

The price was the normal price so she did not bargain with him. she sat down and readjusted in her seat as he got ready to take off.
They began their journey and she allowed the wind to blow against her face with its furiousity. Her blonde natural hair she had packed at the end before leaving her house in the morning was now disentangled and flowing with the wind.

“When will I be free?” she asked herself within her “Free of all these troubles, free from all these sufferings and sorrow? When will I be free like this wind? And live happily with my family without any problems? She needed answers to those questions as soon as possible but those answers were not forthcoming.

“Madam, we don reach oh abi you no wan come down again?” it was the bike man speaking. She had been so engrossed in her thoughts that she didn’t know when they had reached the market.

She alighted from the bike and took out her small purse from the walkie talkie where it was. Opening it, she brought out a hundred naira note from it and gave it to the bike man who in turn gave her a change of 50 naira and muttered words of thanks to her before driving off.

She checked her purse again and brought out her shopping list before entering into the market. The 3000 naira she had brought with her was still very much intact.

Armed with her shopping list in her right hand, her purse under her armpit and her walkie talkie in her left hand, she stormed the market.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by losprince(m): 9:46pm On Jun 16, 2013
Keep it coming! grin dude!

More of this lovely NEW DAWN.
Re: Story: A New Dawn by FameG(f): 10:13am On Jun 17, 2013
Remember to check out his pulse every five hours" he told the nurse

Neduz,Neduz evry 5hrs ke? U try.go nd consult ur mum jor.

Anyway nice story bt its becomin too sad jare, pls do sometin o
Re: Story: A New Dawn by EzePromoe: 10:24am On Jun 17, 2013
Neduzze, you would have used "boarded a taxi" instead of "flagged down a bike", for it to look real to those of us living in PH. I can't remember the last time i saw commercial okada in PH city.

You really have a nice story, and the suspense makes it look good but i have a suggestion that could be of help in this story. Which is DON'T RUSH YOUR STORY! Take time to review and add some emotions to the characters.
Don't take oyestephen's Oliver Twist-like demand as pressure or obligation that you must do now or never grin

Please do ya things jejely and nwayoly! SLOW AND STEADY!
Re: Story: A New Dawn by MumZ(f): 9:15am On Jun 21, 2013
NEDUZZE OOOOooooo, whreeee art thou?
Re: Story: A New Dawn by JoBle(f): 11:57pm On Jun 21, 2013
Chei,this boy! Now before I went AWOL,didn't I tell you not to hurt this girl? Instead,not only did you hurt her,you seem bent on destroying her. Hope this is not one of those revenge-bent sob stories cuz it won't be funny.
Besides that,you're doing a great with this story and you had better finish it. If not...
Re: Story: A New Dawn by Mobsync(m): 8:39am On Jun 25, 2013
You have a really nice story but seem to be in a hurry. Calm down, take time 2 edit it. U could have a timetable 4 it, maybe 2-3 updates/week; every Monday and Friday or every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. That way d story would be more organised.

1 Like

Re: Story: A New Dawn by Neduzze5(m): 9:51am On Jul 01, 2013
*opens the door silently, walks into the thread looks around and sees cobwebs and spiders all doing there thangs, looks down and sees a rat scurrying towards me and jumps on top of the table screaming.

Comes down from the table with morale and begins clean up*

Sorry guys, I had lots of problems ranging from money issues to mb issues to personal issues and finally to school stuffs but by God's grace, they would soon be over. I would have loved to create a timetable as Mobsync suggested but I don't want to create a non functional timetable. I thank you all for your patience and comments. Updates continues.

P. S: I hope I've not forgotten the story line oh!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie: 16 Things You Did Not Know About Her / More Than A Friend (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) / Divided Emotions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.