Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,019 members, 7,814,485 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees (17425 Views)

Crash: OOU Students Block Sagamu-ore Highway, Curse Driver / 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) / OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by ypzilanti: 12:59pm On Mar 18, 2013
Not saying they should not pay, but why not just refuse them registration for next level? Why repeat class? Why do we have crazy people in high offices?

2 Likes

Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by atine777(m): 12:59pm On Mar 18, 2013
That is absolute bullshit. A student must not repeat a class for non payment of school fees. There are other ways he can be made to pay especially during clearance of his final year

2 Likes

Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by Nobody: 1:00pm On Mar 18, 2013
who filled ur jamb form?
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by NDSMART(m): 1:01pm On Mar 18, 2013
OP...Are u sure of what u are saying.... Anyway let me ask my Oga at the corner, before i will comment on this thread..
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by cashkid: 1:01pm On Mar 18, 2013
nairaman66: Jungle justice in place! Go ahead and destroy anything and everything.. Oga at the top will pardon you guys.. Aluta Continua grin second place things!!
so destroying thngs is the solutn to this abi? so that they can ask to pay 4 all that they av dstroyed wen they resume,if u dnt av any good advice, i tink it is beta to jst cross ur fingers and keep lukin.jst an advice!
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by Burger01(m): 1:02pm On Mar 18, 2013
300k, 400k!! shocked shocked shocked. Abeg na private university?
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by ayodeji752: 1:06pm On Mar 18, 2013
These ACN governors are so wicked.most of dem enjoyed baba Awolowo's free education but their state own institutns fee are d highest in d country and still,they'll be sayin they are d best party

7 Likes

Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by rose002(m): 1:09pm On Mar 18, 2013
Bravoooooo all d better evri student of OOU shld joyful waste der tym @ home grin grin wait a min am I d 1st to comment?GEJ do sometin fast grin lipsrsealed
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by rose002(m): 1:12pm On Mar 18, 2013
Burger01: 300k, 400k!! shocked shocked shocked. Abeg na private university?
Abeg help mii ask d thief sch authority undecided
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by scobaba: 1:14pm On Mar 18, 2013
Useless school.

No be ds school, lekan, lanre, soji, bosun n femi dem go?

No wonder dem head no correct.

But dem be my men.
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by Burger01(m): 1:14pm On Mar 18, 2013
rose002:
Abeg help mii ask d thief sch authority undecided
Henn!! When a Masters program in some schools is between 150k - 250k..
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by olabukola: 1:15pm On Mar 18, 2013
I though APC is giving free education
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 18, 2013
I wonder why all this private school charge so much like this, come to think of it' is Wobiakinle Olesun the owner of the school? grin grin grin grin I can't laff o. Ama Tasudite+ na same same
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by Afritop(m): 1:27pm On Mar 18, 2013
THATS WICKED! So the punishment for not paying your school fees of 400K is to repeat the calender year. When during their own time as students that punishment was not meted to them because the leaders then where good.
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by tenny07(m): 1:27pm On Mar 18, 2013
@strange OOU is own by the govt of Ogun state and is located in the west in one of the Ijebu's (Ago-Iwoye). I don't know how a public school will be paying such a huge amount of money this show failure in our govt and activity or its agency. I finished from that school 7yrs ago the school ia still yet to gv me my exemption cert after have applied 4 it and did all that needed to be done. Honestly I agreed with some ppl that bring dere heads down wen the name is mentioned exp wen its negative. Honestly am not impress by the govt of this state towards the student fees and the accomodation fee by the Landlords in the town dere. God help us.
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by donpetros: 1:32pm On Mar 18, 2013
IF THEY DONT PAY SCHOOL FEES, THEY SHOULD NOT SIT FOR THE EXAMINATION, ITS THAT SIMPLE. ONLY REGISTERED STUDENTS SHOULD GET RESULT.
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by Odunharry(m): 1:33pm On Mar 18, 2013
9ja educational system needs medication...
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by Rastamann: 1:34pm On Mar 18, 2013
Education is not for the poor in Nigeria!
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 18, 2013
Very Wrong policy indeed. ACN< or= PDP
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by Muoweta: 1:40pm On Mar 18, 2013
Try destroy as much as u can sha cos u guyz 'l pay a fine of 200k wen u return tongue tongue
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by tyson99(m): 1:43pm On Mar 18, 2013
tommykiwi: VERY DRY SCHOOL

Mumu because u no go skool abi ?...
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by JideTheBlogger(m): 1:47pm On Mar 18, 2013
cry cry cry
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by kutchs: 1:48pm On Mar 18, 2013
Why should I be surprised with this, it‘s no news. ACN abi na APC is known for such anti-people policies. Is it not in Imo State where indigenes are charged more to study than non indigenes.
Take heart dear, that‘s ur own dividend of democracy enjoy it.
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by anitank(f): 2:01pm On Mar 18, 2013
Wow!
And to think we almost protested when our school fees was increased from 19k to 25k in uniport, and that was only in 2011. That was the highest fees I paid and I remember it was even hard for some students from poor backgrounds... and someone is being made to repeat a session if he doesn't pay as much as 300k? What is this country turning into
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by yomanovic: 2:05pm On Mar 18, 2013
jackbauersballs: You don't want to pay fees...but you want to graduate

Are you a Robber? undecided

Na wa oo!!! What do you mean by your question of them not wanting to pay school fees? I graduated from the school in question in year 2007 and the last fee I paid was 12k. The question is:is the school now a private school to warrant payment of 400K? It is a very crazy idea.
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by sweetguy10(m): 2:11pm On Mar 18, 2013
I'm a biochemistry student of the mentioned school and I paid about 180K . The fees have so sky rocketed that it won't pay heed to gravity anymore , hence the protest . Aluta continue
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by ynas002(m): 2:15pm On Mar 18, 2013
una see sey no b only government sabi f'up ba? even school wey we sabi say go effect change don start do anyhw. nawao
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by theripper: 2:16pm On Mar 18, 2013
OOU has always been a messed up university, Apart from LASU, most state universities are a waste of time really.
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by bbulldog(m): 2:19pm On Mar 18, 2013
This is what is happening in ekiti state university.... We call it *no school fees no exam*. Albeit, there is no protest against it.... Automatic carry overs and spill overs for final year students!!!
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by osenidvdg(m): 2:22pm On Mar 18, 2013
Thisis the right time for oouites to fight for their right.if the school can quicly provide result for those that have graduated and generate money from clearance nd confocation they would not have taken such illogical nd explotative decision.fight it to the core.They have it at the back of their mind not to give you your result on time after you finished ur programme,if you slow once u graduate u ill all regret because all they are after now is how to get paid for their salaries idiot people with stupid nd dwerf ideal
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by tayoast(m): 2:24pm On Mar 18, 2013
nairaman66: Jungle justice in place! Go ahead and destroy anything and everything.. Oga at the top will pardon you guys.. Aluta Continua grin second place things!!

One word, DAFT!
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by Okijajuju1(m): 2:41pm On Mar 18, 2013
This is rather Sad, but thats just life..

A Friend in Ghana that couldnt complete his final year fees was not graduated with his set. He had finished his project, defense and written his finals o! But couldnt complete final year clearance because he was unable to complete the 7 thousand U.S Dollar fee. they didnt graduate him and his certificate carried the following years date on it.

Such is life...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unilag Post Utme Date Finanlly Out / Nairaland Interschool Debate Match Three: WINNER OAU / After Writing WAEC 5 Times I Finally Scaled Through

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.