Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,027 members, 7,814,508 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees (17426 Views)

Crash: OOU Students Block Sagamu-ore Highway, Curse Driver / 11 OOU Students Die In Tragic Car Accident (photos) / OOU Students On Protest Over The Reduction Of School Fee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by Tycoon4(m): 5:18pm On Mar 18, 2013
mike404:
My brother, osu is a glorified secondary school

Just listen to yourself....smh!
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 18, 2013
[quote author=eaglechild]What is OOU?
All these substandard glorified secondary schools parading themselves as universities. [u are a learner]
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by Nobody: 5:35pm On Mar 18, 2013
[quote author=tee-tom][u are a learner]
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by Nobody: 6:07pm On Mar 18, 2013
lakhadimar: I AM AN ALUMNI OF THAT SCHOOL AND I MAKE BOLD TO SAY THAT THAT SCHOOL IS A SH1T HOLE
Alumnus next time mate.

1 Like

Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by Rufex07(m): 6:17pm On Mar 18, 2013
gmhc:

That is how you go about rubbishing your Alma Mata, me i am not an "alumni" oo but an Alumnus of the great Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye and i will defend it anywhere because the institution made me.
As for the issue on ground i don't know why Prof Saburi is doing this but don't forget that it is a state school and he takes order from the state government too so don't be quick to judge. Wish you guys the very best as i always pray for the advancement of O.O.U
God bless you bro. proudly O.O.U.
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by j4jj: 6:33pm On Mar 18, 2013
I shld hv collected my statement of results

Come on guys! U guys shld jst stop ds protest thing o!

I am a final year student Cesap bt wen I was in sch sometimes I observed dat u'l see OOU guys lavishin their money on babes, liquors, parties e.t.c bt they can't pay their school fees...
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by dober(m): 7:30pm On Mar 18, 2013
royalrich: Nigeria jagaga poor man dey surfer surfer.

KPOZAH!
KPOZAH!!
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by osenidvdg(m): 7:37pm On Mar 18, 2013
AS far as am concern olabisi onabanjo university ill remain one of the best university among others.pls address the main issues nd nt divert from the fact that our leaders is the problem.pls stop all these and address problem of education caused by our leaders in politics who has spoilt rather than creating conducive enviroment for learning.All your complaint about oou also found in other institutions.
with time you ill all know that all those private universities ill end up as these present secondary schools dat has caused great damages to our secondary school education in the name of profit. with all grades awarding to their sudents how many of them can withstand us in our public institutions? pls stop these discouraging statements.An let solve than creating creating problems
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by 234GT(m): 8:35pm On Mar 18, 2013
Omo, I remember when I was in 00U, 2005 to be precise. There was a rule by the school that students who carried 6 units and above in a session would repeat that level. We rioted like there was no tomorrow, and the rule was reversed.
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by vision2050: 8:35pm On Mar 18, 2013
obask: [b][/b]Aluta continual ...Victoria aster.........let fight for our right till d last breath....we can do more in all...........whr is d SUG or d Govt. Himself.........no time to check time...let gather n act fast wth action of peacefulness in all.........Aluta continual ...Victoria aster.........let fight for our right till d last breath....we can do more in all...........whr is d SUG or d Govt. Himself.........no time to check time...let gather n act fast wth action of peacefulness in all.........Aluta continual ...Victoria aster.........let fight for our right till d last breath....we can do more in all...........whr is d SUG or d Govt. Himself.........no time to check time...let gather n act fast wth action of peacefulness in all.........
see fighting on Nairaland, you better go to Ago-iwoye. Your ignorance is not acceptable here
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by OmerianConsult: 8:39pm On Mar 18, 2013
nairaman66: Go ahead and destroy anything and everything.. Aluta Continua
You are a fool! Does aluta conote destruction? And for the idiots that liked ur folly...
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by akinwaleok: 8:46pm On Mar 18, 2013
jahide17: cant just imagine a policy like this can come out from a school under the auspice of ACN led govt..

4get am! minimum paid in EKSU is 120k
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by adim2(m): 10:36pm On Mar 18, 2013
It is pertinent to note that the bourgeoisies have brought in their neo liberal method of exploiting into our school. A government owned institution that was established to carter for now masses now becomes the cross of the masses. An institution established not for the sole purpose of making profit is not reaping the poor off their hard earn income. May God save us from these situations. Funny enough is that after the whole year spend in school and NYSC, one is still left to his/her fate of roaming the street looking for job and even the knowledge they claim to pass to us, are outdated knowledge.
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by Bome01(m): 5:20am On Mar 19, 2013
lakhadimar: I AM AN ALUMNI OF THAT SCHOOL AND I MAKE BOLD TO SAY THAT THAT SCHOOL IS A SH1T HOLE
Wow. . . What an Alumni. . . Ur Alma mater must be really proud of you
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by Bome01(m): 5:24am On Mar 19, 2013
osenidvd@g:
AS far as am concern olabisi onabanjo university ill remain one of the best university among others.pls address the main issues nd nt divert from the fact that our leaders is the problem.pls stop all these and address problem of education caused by our leaders in politics who has spoilt rather than creating conducive enviroment for learning.All your complaint about oou also found in other institutions.
with time you ill all know that all those private universities ill end up as these present secondary schools dat has caused great damages to our secondary school education in the name of profit. with all grades awarding to their sudents how many of them can withstand us in our public institutions? pls stop these discouraging statements.An let solve than creating creating problems
Are you speaking English or Gibberish?
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by Ninilowo(m): 6:37am On Mar 19, 2013
strangest: Olabisi Onabanjo University... is it a federal, state or private university... if private, please who is the owner?
Ibikunle Amosu grin
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by treasuremi1(m): 6:58am On Mar 19, 2013
has the school been shut down?
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by Abbey2sam(m): 7:01am On Mar 19, 2013
Texykool:

cheesycheesycheesy
Pls ask them for me...
So, if U the authorities allow the students move to the next class/graduate, how are we sure some students won't make it a habit of owing the school...

Abi U wan use your NYSC allowance to pay back

Sorry... Free Education has not gotten to the University level cheesy

Ask Owele ROchas Okorocha
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by jambya(m): 9:13am On Mar 19, 2013
"Policy Of Class Repetition" LWKMD! A daft would say such, why can't he use anoda medium to hv dem paid up instead of intrducin wat he knows will definitely trigger chaos in d system? Culd u help me ask d mumu if such was done in his own time? Wat a fucking opportunist. HISSSS!
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by Nobody: 9:40am On Mar 19, 2013
obasy09: The poster is not 100% sincere.
Although school fees in OOU are on the high side, only medical students pay between 200-300K.
Some students still pay between 40-60K per session.
The staff of the school are so corrupt that many students usually refuse to pay their school fees knowing that they can bribe the staff with a fraction of their accumulated school fees during final year clearance. Consequently, many students would rather use their school fees for other things than pay the fees as at when due.However, there were also many students that really wanted to pay but either did not have the money or became victims of almighty recordsoft. Recordsoft was a portal for e-payment of school fees and registration. Payment is now being made through POS to prevent the endemic corruption in the system.
Management of the school was nothing to write home about until recently. The peaceful protest is good but let no one incite them to violence because they will only have themselves to blame over seemingly worthless certificates.
I am an alumnus of the school.
may God bless you a million times! You took the words outta my mouth. I graduated last year november from political science,.and the highest i paid was 46k. Only medical and law student pay as much as 250k or thereabout. The average school fees of other oouites is around 100k. The op is a big liar

well, although the policy is quite bizarre, wat the new vc is trying to do is stop the situation where students spend their tuition fee. It was found dat at least 80% collected the fee from their sponsor but spent the money. This is to teach them a lesson..its only bad that the policy would be affecting the ones that were never able to afford the fee.
Anyway i agree with the poster who said the school is a messed up school. Really messed up and bleeped. For a government school..the school fee is still too much.
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by Nobody: 9:47am On Mar 19, 2013
j4jj: I shld hv collected my statement of results

Come on guys! U guys shld jst stop ds protest thing o!

I am a final year student Cesap bt wen I was in sch sometimes I observed dat u'l see OOU guys lavishin their money on babes, liquors, parties e.t.c bt they can't pay their school fees...
gbam!
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by Ogaatthetop3: 11:37am On Mar 19, 2013
So these schools in the west breeds students who throw Owambe parties just like their governors and leaders and do not want to pay their school fees? undecided what a shame!

1 Like

Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by Aabee(m): 11:55am On Mar 19, 2013
Oga-at-the-top:
So these schools in the west breeds students who throw Owambe parties just like their governors and leaders and do not want to pay their school fees? undecided what a shame!

very funny
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by beldcat(m): 1:36pm On Mar 19, 2013
O.O.U is not a good university.i don't know y some people are trying to condem people who're saying dis obvious truth....l was a former 100level student in that school before i decided to take JAMB again to go to another school thank God i made dat decision. .....it's too expensive and the quality of education dished out there is just appalling.i don't think i've seen any tetiary institution dat's not better than O.O.U in this country.
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by tosins(m): 7:39am On Mar 20, 2013
No sch today again, protest continues.... Baba God help us ooooo
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by akanb4real(m): 8:26am On Mar 20, 2013
[center][/center][color=#006600][/color]wow lets find out the truth b4 judgement .......oou is one of the state uni dat pay less..to find out more abt dat check d school sites e-portal...afta dat u can now run comments...i rest maa case
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by Nobody: 8:04am On Mar 27, 2013
So has this been resolved?
Re: OOU Students Protest Bizarre Policy Of Class Repetition For Late Payment Of Fees by Ayobami7(m): 4:34pm On Dec 13, 2018
补时阶段邓

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unilag Post Utme Date Finanlly Out / Nairaland Interschool Debate Match Three: WINNER OAU / How To Lock Your Pussy During Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.