Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,165 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker (15743 Views)

I'm Scared Of Approaching A Girl Because I'm Broke / She Refused To Date Me Because I'm Short.. / Ladies Can You Marry A Freethinker/atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by bolaino(m): 1:23pm On Mar 18, 2013
Please I need your help, my girlfriend of about a month plus wants to leave me because I'm a freethinker, I love her, I've always loved her, but being a freethinker is the best thing that has happened to me, she is a God fearing christian with good morals and she's very beautiful and intelligent, but she says she can't get married or date an "unrepentant pagan" like me, (yeah her words exactly) what should I do? Should I let her go or should I compromise and throw away what I believe to be truth and embrace what I think is false, all because of love, I'm confused,

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by eyenCalabar(m): 2:07pm On Mar 18, 2013
Well, it love we are talking about here. If you feel you are really in love with her, then that love should be able to change you. If it can't, then you are not in love because love changes people.

6 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by Chynx(m): 2:24pm On Mar 18, 2013
eyenCalabar: Well, it love we are talking about here. If you feel you are really in love with her, then that love should be able to change you. If it can't, then you are not in love because love changes people.
Bro, U are spot on!
Please don't put the poor girl's life in bondage; besides, one month is too little a time to proclaim your "undying" love for a lady.

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by bolaino(m): 3:02pm On Mar 18, 2013
Chynx:
Bro, U are spot on!
Please don't put the poor girl's life in bondage; besides, one month is too little a time to proclaim your "undying" love for a lady.
well we've known each other for over ten years but we just started dating over a month ago, thanks for ur advice,
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by bolaino(m): 3:03pm On Mar 18, 2013
eyenCalabar: Well, it love we are talking about here. If you feel you are really in love with her, then that love should be able to change you. If it can't, then you are not in love because love changes people.
thanks mann,
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by dmcdad: 3:20pm On Mar 18, 2013
bolaino: Please I need your help, my girlfriend of about a month plus wants to leave me because I'm a freethinker, I love her, I've always loved her, but being a freethinker is the best thing that has happened to me, she is a God fearing christian with good morales and she's very beautiful and intelligent, but she says she can't get married or date an "unrepentant pagan" like me, (yeah her words exactly) what should I do? Should I let her go or should I compromise and throw away what I believe to be truth and embrace what I think is false, all because of love, I'm confused,
Sorry for my inquisition... What is it you believe to be true as stated by you in your post
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by bolaino(m): 4:00pm On Mar 18, 2013
dmcdad:
Sorry for my inquisition... What is it you believe to be true as stated by you in your post
what I believe to be truth is that christianity like most religions is false, and has caused mankind more pain than gain, I'm not disputing that there is indeed the supernatural, but I don't believe that christianity has the answers it claims it does, and I don't believe in the biblical God,

15 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by dmcdad: 4:04pm On Mar 18, 2013
bolaino: what I believe to be truth is that christianity like most religions is false, and has caused mankind more pain than gain, I'm not disputing that there is indeed the supernatural, but I don't believe that christianity has the answers it claims it does, and I don't believe in the biblical God,
Oops... I now see why the girl cant date or have anything to do with you because your beliefs are totally different...

If I were in her shoes too, I would do the same... Smh

14 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by 2goodbobo(m): 4:11pm On Mar 18, 2013
Do what makes you happy. Is your cross, carry it.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 18, 2013
Please let her go for her sake.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by bolaino(m): 4:15pm On Mar 18, 2013
byvan: Please let her go for her sake.
can't I try being a christian and see how it goes?
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by bolaino(m): 4:16pm On Mar 18, 2013
dmcdad:
Oops... I now see why the girl cant date or have anything to do with you because your beliefs are totally different...

If I were in her shoes too, I would do the same... Smh
lol,
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by Nobody: 4:25pm On Mar 18, 2013
bolaino: can't I try being a christian and see how it goes?

How can you compel yourself to believe what you don't believe??

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by Kosigift(f): 4:54pm On Mar 18, 2013
bolaino: what I believe to be truth is that christianity like most religions is false, and has caused mankind more pain than gain, I'm not disputing that there is indeed the supernatural, but I don't believe that christianity has the answers it claims it does, and I don't believe in the biblical God,
dude... Pls let her be ok? She's told u dat plainly witout mincing words so don't try being whom u r not. Go get sum1 dat blieves in wot u bliev or can stand ur beliefs...

7 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by eyenCalabar(m): 5:03pm On Mar 18, 2013

Well, it all depends on who is trying to explain Christianity to you, which also boils down to the church you were before embracing paganism. Personally, at one time I was a pagan and later I decided to give Christianity a trial and it convinced me. Truthfully, my life has never been the same since then. So many things about me changed and at some point it was like I was just empty and powerless but something kept telling me no, you are not empty nor powerless, greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world and I believed. I kept building and building my faith on God's Word with that consciousness of who really I am. And I tell you that it has been wonderful with no regrets whatsoever because I know how my life was before God's Word came to me. And guess what, it was because of a girl. So much love I had for fair girls back then. What actually happened was that she traveled and spent sometime outside the state and told me on phone that if I was serious about her I should get a church and become a Christian like her. So while lying on my bed one night, I said to myself that I can't give up on this girl to any other guy and made up my mind that night to join any church around. But then something happened, when she came back, she told me that she never wanted me to join the particular church I did and I said to her that there's no going back. I can't be moving from one church to another because of her ...and I have been there since then. But she...?

11 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by Kosigift(f): 5:06pm On Mar 18, 2013

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by Kosigift(f): 5:07pm On Mar 18, 2013
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by Kosigift(f): 5:09pm On Mar 18, 2013
No don't try. Being a christian isn't sumtin u try out, its being Christ-like so if u don't accept dis in all totality, wot are u trying out?

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by bolaino(m): 5:19pm On Mar 18, 2013
eyenCalabar:

Well, it all depends on who is trying to explain Christianity to you, which also boils down to the church you were before embracing paganism. Personally, at one time I was a pagan and later I decided to give Christianity a trial and it convinced me. Truthfully, my life has never been the same since then. So many things about me changed and at some point it was like I was just empty and powerless but something kept telling me no, you are not empty nor powerless, greater is He that is in you that he that is in the world and I believed. I kept building and building my faith on God's Word with that consciousness of who really I am. And I tell you that it has been wonderful with no regrets whatsoever because I know how my life was before God's Word came to me. And guess what, it was because of a girl. So much love I had for fair girls back then. What actually happened was that she traveled and spent sometime outside the state and told me on phone that if I was serious about her I should get a church and become a Christian like her. So while lying on my bed one night, I said to myself that I can't give up on this girl to any other guy and made up my mind that night to join any church around. But then something happened, when she came back, she told me that she never wanted me to join the particular church I did and I said to her that there's no going back. I can't be moving from one church to another because of her ...and I have been there since then. But she...?
hmmmm, nice advice my mann, thanks for ur concern, but when it comes to christianity I've been there and done that, I used to be a hard core born again christian until, I started practicing different religions, I've searched for d truth and before becoming a freethinker, I did a lot of research and experiments, (religious experiments) and I concluded that christianity like the other religions, is something that was created to control the masses, (feeble minded) religion is mind control plain and simple, I can't go into detail, but thanks all the same,

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by bolaino(m): 5:25pm On Mar 18, 2013
byvan:

yeah u can dear, how do u think the russians managed to put spy priests in the vatican? It's all in the mind my dear,
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by dmcdad: 6:19pm On Mar 18, 2013
byvan:

I wonder oooo. Since the life and belief of a true Christian totally negates his belief...

Like someone said, leave her for her sake please.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by dmcdad: 6:24pm On Mar 18, 2013
bolaino: hmmmm, nice advice my mann, thanks for ur concern, but when it comes to christianity I've been there and done that, I used to be a hard core born again christian until, I started practicing different religions, I've searched for d truth and before becoming a freethinker, I did a lot of research and experiments, (religious experiments) and I concluded that christianity like the other religions, is something that was created to control the masses, (feeble minded) religion is mind control plain and simple, I can't go into detail, but thanks all the same,
Thats where u got it wrong bro... Christianity is rather a way of life and not a religion. The name erupted when the Apostles and the other people with them lived their lives in one-accord as brethrens. That was where the people called them Christians (christ-like) at Antioch.

So, its just a Christ-like way of life and shouldnt be regarded as a religion.

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by eyenCalabar(m): 6:27pm On Mar 18, 2013
bolaino: hmmmm, nice advice my mann, thanks for ur concern, but when it comes to christianity I've been there and done that, I used to be a hard core born again christian until, I started practicing different religions, I've searched for d truth and before becoming a freethinker, I did a lot of research and experiments, (religious experiments) and I concluded that christianity like the other religions, is something that was created to control the masses, (feeble minded) religion is mind control plain and simple, I can't go into detail, but thanks all the same,

Well well well, should I say you got some things wrong? Yes, you did. 1. Being "born again" is not being a Christian. It just those two words used in the Christian religion to tell one where the Christian journey starts. 2. True Christianity is not a religion. It is the [personal] relationship one has with God through His son, Jesus Christ. There is nothing about mind control in my walk with God because I see signs and wonders everyday. What you did was just a kind of generalization thing which doesn't exist. There's a higher life in Christianity. Christianity is patience, believe, faith, hope and love among other things.

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by Nobody: 6:35pm On Mar 18, 2013
It will take the grace of God for you to be one.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 18, 2013
It will take the grace of God for you to become one.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by bolaino(m): 10:08pm On Mar 18, 2013
dmcdad:
Thats where u got it wrong bro... Christianity is rather a way of life and not a religion. The name erupted when the Apostles and the other people with them lived their lives in one-accord as brethrens. That was where the people called them Christians (christ-like) at Antioch.

So, its just a Christ-like way of life l and shouldnt be regarded as a religion.
I get what u're trying to say my good man, but I hope u agree wit me that christianity stands or falls by the bible, if the resurrection of jesus is proved to be false, then there would be no christianity, and right now there's ample proof to doubt the authenticity of the four gospels, the gospel of mark (in it's original greek form) which is considered the oldest, does'nt consider jesus a son of God, but merely a man, I could go on and on, but thanks all the same,

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by bolaino(m): 10:14pm On Mar 18, 2013
eyenCalabar:

Well well well, should I say you got some things wrong? Yes, you did. 1. Being "born again" is not being a Christian. It just those two words used in the Christian religion to tell one where the Christian journey starts. 2. True Christianity is not a religion. It is the [personal] relationship one has with God through His son, Jesus Christ. There is nothing about mind control in my walk with God because I see signs and wonders everyday. What you did was just a kind of generalization thing which doesn't exist. There's a higher life in Christianity. Christianity is patience, believe, faith, hope and love among other things.
yes boss, there are miracles happening everyday, but these miracles are been performed by so called men of God who use occult knowledge for their personal gains, and the gullible christians fall prey to these evil schemers, I can assure u that no matter how long u pray u can not heal a blind man, but the good master said in the bible "greater things shall ye do" but that seems not to be the case, christianity is a religion, and religions are always about a personal relationship wit your deity/God,
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by dmcdad: 3:14am On Mar 19, 2013
bolaino: I get what u're trying to say my good man, but I hope u agree wit me that christianity stands or falls by the bible, if the resurrection of jesus is proved to be false, then there would be no christianity, and right now there's ample proof to doubt the authenticity of the four gospels, the gospel of mark (in it's original greek form) which is considered the oldest, does'nt consider jesus a son of God, but merely a man, I could go on and on, but thanks all the same,
I really hope God redeems you from this thing you have done to yourself... I have someone just like you and I know its the work of some silly research. Well, you have the right to believe whatever you want...

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by Nobody: 6:46am On Mar 19, 2013
guy,
I understand your predicament cos I've been there. Am agnostic, but more atheist than agnostic. I've had a lot of girls refuse to associate with me based on my beliefs. Once they know what my stand is regarding all the nonsense called christianity, I could almost immediately feel their reluctance about going all the way. That was back then though.

Subsequently, I learned to take a better approach to handling all of this. At work, in relationships, I just refuse to mention what my beliefs are except it's absolutely critical to do so. I used to leave rooms or situations where someone was preaching some noisy word of god. Now, though, I'd stay and just go about my own business.

Methinks, your mistake is revealing your religious stance to her in the first place. I guess she's scared, cos she'd consider a fellow religious person more predictable. That's what it's about, bro. One minute, and anything you do wrong can be easily tied to your not believing in god. However, you could be a freethinker and she'd never know. You'd be nice to her and be everything. The day she finally does know, your relationship would have bonded so tightly that it won't be based one bit on religion or any other external factors.

At this stage, the egg is broken. You might as well do away with her. I don't know. Perhaps you love her too much to do that. But what's a freethinker getting so involved with love for, anywyz? tongue Try keep your head straight. We know it's all chemicals in there causing all that gobbly (whatever that means!) feeling. Why not find a fellow freethinker partner in the first place? Then there wouldnt be problems. InkedNerd is one of them sweetest freethinkers on NL. So are a couple others. Yes, there are Nigerian girls who are freethinkers!

15 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by bolaino(m): 7:34am On Mar 19, 2013
sauer: guy,
I understand your predicament cos I've been there. Am agnostic, but more atheist than agnostic. I've had a lot of girls refuse to associate with me based on my beliefs. Once they know what my stand is regarding all the nonsense called christianity, I could almost immediately feel their reluctance about going all the way. That was back then though.

Subsequently, I learned to take a better approach to handling all of this. At work, in relationships, I just refuse to mention what my beliefs are except it's absolutely critical to do so. I used to leave rooms or situations where someone was preaching some noisy word of god. Now, though, I'd stay and just go about my own business.

Methinks, your mistake is revealing your religious stance to her in the first place. I guess she's scared, cos she'd consider a fellow religious person more predictable. That's what it's about, bro. One minute, and anything you do wrong can be easily tied to your not believing in god. However, you could be a freethinker and she'd never know. You'd be nice to her and be everything. The day she finally does know, your relationship would have bonded so tightly that it won't be based one bit on religion or any other external factors.

At this stage, the egg is broken. You might as well do away with her. I don't know. Perhaps you love her too much to do that. But what's a freethinker getting so involved with love for, anywyz? tongue Try keep your head straight. We know it's all chemicals in there causing all that gobbly (whatever that means!) feeling. Why not find a fellow freethinker partner in the first place? Then there wouldnt be problems. InkedNerd is one of them sweetest freethinkers on NL. So are a couple others. Yes, there are Nigerian girls who are freethinkers!
mann, I'm short of words mann, u just hit the nail on the head ma broda, thanks a lot for the advice, I used to keep my views to myself but sometimes I just can't help it when one ignorant pastor comes around and starts spewing trash, it gets to me, but I get what u're trying to say and I appreciate mann, God bless, (ooops) lol,

6 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by Tenderly1(f): 8:40am On Mar 19, 2013
Bololo please dnt think you can bring a frëethinker to the house. Better go and repent.
Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Leave Me Because I'm A Freethinker by bolaino(m): 9:01am On Mar 19, 2013
Tenderly1: Bololo please dnt think you can bring a frëethinker to the house. Better go and repent.
hahahaha, sup blood, I miSs u guys,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Caught Having Sex In The Market Without SHAME / The Right Passwords To Use On Naija Babes / y

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.