Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,150 members, 7,821,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (588021 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Jokzoh: 8:59pm On Apr 22, 2013
Siga: [size=15pt]Guys...I go say this again....If u have time before leaving naija...go learn how to cut hair if u be man....ladies, go learn how to do hair....u wont regret it when u land oooo....[/size]

Na true o!!! I didn't barb for 4 good months cos it was like throwing money away(4000naira equivalent) for a freaking hair-cut. Anyways, Went on YouTube n learnt "how to self barb" last week- I am still enjoying my new look though lol.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by blaze007(m): 9:07pm On Apr 22, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Welding is a good trade or plumbing but only that have to come to Canada and learn the real thing . . . cos most are on PVC instead of the metal pipes used in Nigeria but i think they uses a lot of PVC in Nigeria too now.
very true! Meself study computer engeerng, bt na handy work i dey go do. Lyk paintin, or mainson. Lol..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by kenniy(m): 9:34pm On Apr 22, 2013
blaze007: House, pls who has aplied nd goten dat work permit based on skild worker? Tanx

lookup MissAhoy's posts
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by coldgate(f): 9:41pm On Apr 22, 2013
2-chains:
Okay so it is official! I'm applying on Wednesday via the online method. I know I've said this countless number of times but quite frankly it's all Bcuz of anxiety and no one to talk to. Please any other seneca college or Toronto bound member n this forum?
Yes o. Toronto bound. George Brown. May God Help us.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by onuawuchi: 10:02pm On Apr 22, 2013
onuawuchi: If your submitting your visa app through VAC, will you still include the self addressed envelope to send the originals of your document? Then I want to know if applying by the middle of next month will be late for sept admit.
Guys talk to me. Let's worry about the hair cut and dressing later. I'll teach as many as are interested for free.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by almaliki: 10:07pm On Apr 22, 2013
blaze007: Eveng house, am bak agn o. Do i also need al dis plenty money 2 shw? Coz am aplyn 4 work permit. Tanx

Dude 1st u need 2 meet d standard no of yrs of wk experience at least 4 ur chosen career.....(very very necessary), u need an acc with regular cashflow 2 show u've been working as u claim 2 be, u can support ur acc details with evidence of shares purchase or whatever (stock shares or whatever they call it), u can ass well support ur app with evidence of landed property...that is if u have landed property.....if u including landed property aaaass part of ur suporting docs .......u should be able 2 convince d canadian high commission as per how d property will translate 2 part of d funds dat would aid ur travelling,relocation, n settling down in canada...d deal is dat u should be able 2 comfortably cater 4 urself pending when u get a job over there.......

In my opinion if u have up 2 between 3m-10m....u gud 2 go with prayers backing ur apps as well o........

.............just tryin 2 ans ur question..... Dunno if I made sum sense here.....lol........!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 10:20pm On Apr 22, 2013
almaliki:

Dude 1st u need 2 meet d standard no of yrs of wk experience at least 4 ur chosen career.....(very very necessary), u need an acc with regular cashflow 2 show u've been working as u claim 2 be, u can support ur acc details with evidence of shares purchase or whatever (stock shares or whatever they call it), u can ass well support ur app with evidence of landed property...that is if u have landed property.....if u including landed property in as part of ur suporting docs .......u should be able 2 convince d canadian high commission as per how d property will translate 2 part of d funds dat would aid ur travelling,relocation, n settling down in canada...d deal is dat u should be able 2 comfortably cater 4 urself pending when u get a job over there.......

In my opinion if u have up 2 between 3m-10m....u gud 2 go with prayers backing ur apps as well o........

.............just tryin 2 ans ur question..... Dunno if I made sum sense here.....lol........!

U did make sense...this pathway is just for the loaded and well-informed folks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 11:53pm On Apr 22, 2013
blaze007: very true! Meself study computer engeerng, bt na handy work i dey go do. Lyk paintin, or mainson. Lol..

If you could look into something in forestry too . . . At least once you are in, you could now make a career
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 11:55pm On Apr 22, 2013
Fhemmmy:

If you could look into something in forestry too . . . At least once you are in, you could now make a career
....lol...forestry no bad...by time u cut enough trees....u go enter Yankee ....lol...just joking... grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 11:58pm On Apr 22, 2013
lucky Don: Oga Siga,u have really emphasized on this barbing,i think i will put intrest in it oh...na oyinbo guys or naija guys we go de barb becos oyinbo hair de different from ours.lol

Lol . . .If you could learn how to cut the white's hair, you will be glad too . . .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 11:59pm On Apr 22, 2013
Siga: ....lol...forestry no bad...by time u cut enough trees....u go enter Yankee ....lol...just joking... grin

Yankee no go gree for them now . . . Lol, Tree planting is a great money moaking thing for students n the north for the summer . . tongue
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bullstriker: 1:46am On Apr 23, 2013
@onuawucha
u don't need to submit return envelope when submitting through vac.may is not too late for september start date.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Rihannaola(f): 5:02am On Apr 23, 2013
frederal: Oga Siga, pls, what could be d implication of submitting a computer print-out of letter of admission? I'm time constrained now, so i don't know what to do. Help a brother

The embassy has been sent a copy of the admission letter by the school. Explain to them about the time-constraint. They'll verify your admission on their records and assist you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by surecan: 7:03am On Apr 23, 2013
let there be good news henceforth

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by onuawuchi: 7:19am On Apr 23, 2013
bullstriker: @onuawucha
u don't need to submit return envelope when submitting through vac.may is not too late for september start date.
thanks ma broda
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by emmausa: 8:21am On Apr 23, 2013
Goodmorni huz! Pls i need ur counsel, my sponsor is my father's frnd not d same place of origin...shld i say his my uncle or what pls? Or shld i say his a family frnd....pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by newacca: 8:33am On Apr 23, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Welding is a good trade or plumbing but only that have to come to Canada and learn the real thing . . . cos most are on PVC instead of the metal pipes used in Nigeria but i think they uses a lot of PVC in Nigeria too now.
Yes. PVC has been in use for long in 9ja cos it doesn't rust. Though some installations still require steel pipes(Public projects) But no shakes boyz are ready to work whichever way smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by blaze007(m): 10:04am On Apr 23, 2013
almaliki:

Dude 1st u need 2 meet d standard no of yrs of wk experience at least 4 ur chosen career.....(very very necessary), u need an acc with regular cashflow 2 show u've been working as u claim 2 be, u can support ur acc details with evidence of shares purchase or whatever (stock shares or whatever they call it), u can ass well support ur app with evidence of landed property...that is if u have landed property.....if u including landed property aaaass part of ur suporting docs .......u should be able 2 convince d canadian high commission as per how d property will translate 2 part of d funds dat would aid ur travelling,relocation, n settling down in canada...d deal is dat u should be able 2 comfortably cater 4 urself pending when u get a job over there.......
chineke!!!! 3-8mil? where i wan get am? me na pp i jst dey get oo. jst dey fix computer for people. i no dey employed yet but i get experience die. tanx for d info bro. wat abt if u working for urself? i get property bt na for my villa e dey. smiley

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by blaze007(m): 10:06am On Apr 23, 2013
Fhemmmy:

you no try oo. forestry ke? i go dey chop wood ni or wetin? cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by jikings(m): 10:18am On Apr 23, 2013
Folks I have a one question....my bros has received an admission for a Diploma program from University of Winepeg
http://pace.uwinnipegcourses.ca/project-management-diploma-program-full-time

and he is about to apply for his study permit though he is not happy with the course and would like to switch to another one prefeerably a masters course in Alberta (though the school is delaying for the admission). Is it possible for him to obtain the study permit for the diploma program and switch to a postgraduate diploma or masters in another school without reapplying for a modified study permit?

You advise is appreciated
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by latra: 10:31am On Apr 23, 2013
Hello house, is anybody going to SIAST in Saskatoon? Cos that is where am going for Mining Engineering Technology.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Odinwa(m): 10:56am On Apr 23, 2013
Please can someone tell me how I can download MUN application form? The online application is too lenghty and I don't have most of the informations required there.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by frederal(m): 12:00pm On Apr 23, 2013
Rihannaola:

The embassy has been sent a copy of the admission letter by the school. Explain to them about the time-constraint. They'll verify your admission on their records and assist you.

Thanks, immediately I left d VSF gate, I got a call dt d admission letter has arrived. Don't know what to do again; though I attached a letter telling VO dt I was yet to receive d letter, and I will send as soon as i get it. Now, I don't how.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 12:21pm On Apr 23, 2013
frederal:

Thanks, immediately I left d VSF gate, I got a call dt d admission letter has arrived. Don't know what to do again; though I attached a letter telling VO dt I was yet to receive d letter, and I will send as soon as i get it. Now, I don't how.

Nothing spoil bro...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 1:35pm On Apr 23, 2013
Bloody thieves! Police HQ in Abuja. They took a total sum of 17k from us just to get a police clearance thing. That it would be sent to Lagos for processing.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 1:59pm On Apr 23, 2013
blaze007: you no try oo. forestry ke? i go dey chop wood ni or wetin? cheesy

I am sure many Nigerians will chop tree if that is what guarantee visa to canada . . . tongue
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 1:59pm On Apr 23, 2013
newacca:
Yes. PVC has been in use for long in 9ja cos it doesn't rust. Though some installations still require steel pipes(Public projects) But no shakes boyz are ready to work whichever way smiley

I trust you now, the oga at the top himself.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by frederal(m): 2:06pm On Apr 23, 2013
2-chains:
Bloody thieves! Police HQ in Abuja. They took a total sum of 17k from us just to get a police clearance thing. That it would be sent to Lagos for processing.

its normal, same thing they told me at enugu. if only they will issue u a genuine one, its OK. I spent more than 17k to get it by myself; though its 6k
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 23, 2013
Applied for PGD elect engr on the 22nd of April for september session through an agent.
I hope to get the admission letter soon enough and start the visa and related issues myself.
Some of my friends have said it is not too late.
What do you guys think
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by VCTROKOYE: 3:09pm On Apr 23, 2013
which of these comes first? Medical or payment of tuition fee. Or do they come together?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by newacca: 3:15pm On Apr 23, 2013
Fhemmmy:

I trust you now, the oga at the top himself.
Yea Bro. Today,I sent my application to Humber Inst.of Tech and George Brown college respectively.

VCTROKOYE: which of these comes first? Medical or payment of tuition fee. Or do they come together?
Medical may come first but recently in most cases both come hand in hand.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Darange: 3:18pm On Apr 23, 2013
It's been mentioned times without number,that it takes less than an hour to get it in lagos and its 3k or highest 4k,don't know why you would pay 17k when you would still come down to lagos to submit at VAC office,abeg if una no know wetin to use money do abeg tell me make i drop account number make una pay chedas inside...
frederal:

its normal, same thing they told me at enugu. if only they will issue u a genuine one, its OK. I spent more than 17k to get it by myself; though its 6k

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 141
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.