Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,767 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (486912 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 7:22pm On Apr 10, 2013
Mart d dart: Hello, everyone...I'm currently among the number writing this year's waec, this is the second time I'm writing...I got an exceptional result last time but a slight twist saw me get D7 in maths. Therefore, I'm wondering if this will in any way hamper my dream of studying in the US on scholarship...urgent reponse is needed, thanks

Though credential starts with WAEC but all you need to worry about is the SAT and TOEFL. Don't tell me you have dreams without those tests as an UG applicant.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by conyema12(m): 7:30pm On Apr 10, 2013
bigfrancis21:
Please can somebody explain NRC and its supposed effects?

ok my bad I mean NRF.... We need to know what it means and how to avoid it...lol... I dnt intend to be jammed by the locomotive train..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 7:32pm On Apr 10, 2013
bigfrancis21:

conyema12:

ok my bad I mean NRF.... We need to know what it means and how to avoid it...lol... I dnt intend to be jammed by the locomotive train..

NRC?? Ok oooo, it's group name for those
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 7:35pm On Apr 10, 2013
imperiouxx:

NRC?? Ok,
Hahaha. Please explain nau, before I think its a university and advise somebody to put it in his GRE. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 7:35pm On Apr 10, 2013
bigfrancis21:
Hahaha. Please explain nau, before I think its a university and advise somebody to put it in his GRE. grin

Advise someone to pray for such school ke? Abeg ooo. lipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 7:41pm On Apr 10, 2013
imperiouxx:

Na NRC you called NRF so?! You won't like to know the meaning. The influence on visa issuance na stunning and unbelievable effects, making the applicant looks like na only him/her bad luck dey follow in life.

grin grin. You won't kill me with laughter abeg.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 7:44pm On Apr 10, 2013
imperiouxx:

Advise someone to pray for such school ke? Abeg ooo. lipsrsealed
Yes nau. Imagine me advising someone,
'Apply to NRF University New Mexico, the best geology school in US!'. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 7:45pm On Apr 10, 2013
bigfrancis21:
grin grin. You won't kill me with laughter abeg.

Abi nau. When the person is the only 1 that didn't get visa out of 10 that got it or the person don waka embassy like 5 times without good news, all because a member of the NRC is following the person.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 7:45pm On Apr 10, 2013
bigfrancis21:
Yes nau. Imagine me advising someone,
'Apply to NRF University New Mexico, the best geology school in US!'. grin

Can't imagine it. NRC University in New Mexico grin The person's dream is in bottomless pit. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 7:50pm On Apr 10, 2013
bigfrancis21:
NRC are the flying humans. They make your life better, literally!grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 7:52pm On Apr 10, 2013
imperiouxx:

Though credential starts with WAEC but all you need to worry about is the SAT and TOEFL. Don't tell me you had dreams without those tests as an UG applicant.
I plan on doing those next year, hopefully by february...thanks for the reponse
PS is there any other thing i need to know?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 7:53pm On Apr 10, 2013
imperiouxx:

NRC?? Ok oooo, it's group name for those
Rotflmao! Oo ni pa'yan with laughter!cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 7:57pm On Apr 10, 2013
Mart d dart: I plan on doing those next year, hopefully by february...thanks for the reponse
PS is there any other thing i need to know?

Get your standardized test at the same time start hunting for good schools....... Good schools I mean are schools with good packages...... Packages I mean are affordable tuition, large/small environment, accredited not VIU, Devry, Everest; prospect of getting funding (mostly determined by your hardwork) etc
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 8:00pm On Apr 10, 2013
Ms Nas:
Rotflmao! Oo ni pa'yan with laughter!cheesy

No any other simple way to describe them than that ooo babe.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 8:12pm On Apr 10, 2013
imperiouxx:

No any other simple way to describe them than that ooo babe.
cheesycheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by technolee(m): 8:53pm On Apr 10, 2013
[quote author=Ms Nas]
Hello people,
I have suffered myself men as I never knew a thread like this exists. I really appreciate you guys for the good work and information. A friend, now at southern university, baton rouge, referred me to this thread and I started following from part 1. I don suffer die men! I got many things the hard way. Thank God I have a place to ‎​call a home now.... Cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:12pm On Apr 10, 2013
imperiouxx:

Get your standardized test at the same time start hunting for good schools....... Good schools I mean are schools with good packages...... Packages I mean are affordable tuition, large/small environment, accredited not VIU, Devry, Everest; prospect of getting funding (mostly determined by your hardwork) etc
is there a reliable means of actually seeing the best schools that not only suit my personality but also has the neccessary facilities that will enable me excel...I intend on studying law or any course along those lines, I'm also interested in a suburban environment with as many students as possible..I'm open to school suggestions
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Adolite(m): 10:12pm On Apr 10, 2013
Mart d dart: is there a reliable means of actually seeing the best schools that not only suit my personality but also has the neccessary facilities that will enable me excel...I intend on studying law or any course along those lines, I'm also interested in a suburban environment with as many students as possible..I'm open to school suggestions

You want to practice AMERICAN Law in NIGERIA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 10:26pm On Apr 10, 2013
Yvete:

Mr. Kunsoft.
Before you worry about visa appointment availability, you need to work on your answers towards the next interview. Since you did poorly at your last interview, you need to get it right next time. In your own words, answer the following questions and have anyone edit it for you.

Kunsoft: Hello guys, Please i need your comments. help me with this three questions
1. How many school did you apply to?
2. Why did Marketing?
3. What have you been doing since you graduate?

Answers:
1. One University
2. Marketing is people oriented, marketers perform various activities in an organization that link the organization to the marketplace outside such as purchasing, market research, customers service etc.
3. after my youth service, i join my brother in his business. i'm the logistic manager. (planing to get a letter to back it up)
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by technolee(m): 10:27pm On Apr 10, 2013
@imperiouxx, bigfrancis, yvete, mamacita, and other good people of the house.
Please, I just got an admission offer at UND, Grand Forks for elect. Engr. What can you say about the school as the offer is for dis fall. Thank you all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 10:37pm On Apr 10, 2013
technolee: @imperiouxx, bigfrancis, yvete, mamacita, and other good people of the house.
Please, I just got an admission offer at UND, Grand Forks for elect. Engr. What can you say about the school as the offer is for dis fall. Thank you all

University of XX State or XX State University or N/E/W/S XX State University or XX State University System is one's best bet because that shows it's a public or state school. Such school would have funding (GA/TA/RA/Scholarship/Fellowship), be accredited, likely have good alumni network etc.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by humannature: 11:43pm On Apr 10, 2013
Am so Glad I came across this tread, am new here but I've taken my time to read and Learn so many things from this threads so many smart and intelligent peeps I must I must say..here's my ishh I finished secondary school 2005 and I got admittd into Lasu sandwich degree political science in 2007 finished 2011 although I completed my project 2012, but uptill today they haven't even compiled our results am even hearing rumors tat they have abolished the programme, I just got admitted in an xyz in America to study management, my question is how do I defend my gap to the vo do I present my original school fees receipts and registration forms or even also exam cards because am going there to startall over.. am fed up with waiting for Lasu to answer us cos even the set before mine are still waiting for there's hopefully ..immperoux could shed some lite
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by technolee(m): 12:00am On Apr 11, 2013
Master imperiouxx, many thanks to you for you response. Uni. North Dakota (UND) just offered the admission without a scholarship statement yet. I mailed the graduate school and my department anyway and I hope to get one be it tuition waiver, TA,RA etc. What I need to know more about is live at UND as compared to texas, west virginia, oklahoma, etc is it worth staying there. Thank you once more as I await your ever dependable suggestions
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Adolite(m): 12:08am On Apr 11, 2013
technolee: Master imperiouxx, many thanks to you for you response. Uni. North Dakota (UND) just offered the admission without a scholarship statement yet. I mailed the graduate school and my department anyway and I hope to get one be it tuition waiver, TA,RA etc. What I need to know more about is live at UND as compared to texas, west virginia, oklahoma, etc is it worth staying there. Thank you once more as I await your ever dependable suggestions

Life in ND is low key life but you will surely enjoy your study life.ND is one of the cheap state for students.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 12:24am On Apr 11, 2013
technolee: Master imperiouxx, many thanks to you for you response. Uni. North Dakota (UND) just offered the admission without a scholarship statement yet. I mailed the graduate school and my department anyway and I hope to get one be it tuition waiver, TA,RA etc. What I need to know more about is live at UND as compared to texas, west virginia, oklahoma, etc is it worth staying there. Thank you once more as I await your ever dependable suggestions

How is staying in ND different from staying in Nigeria? That's the question you need to ask yourself. I chose to live in NM because I don't have to be in the midst of Nigerians to live my life (though hard but fine). Just embrace it once you get the main thing - GA and live your life to the fullest. It's just for short time, after then you can move to city for hunting either job, money or wifey.......lol

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Yvete(f): 12:27am On Apr 11, 2013
Ewww ... enough of these XYZ Universities.

@ Technolee: Adolite is in the best position to gist you about North Dakota.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 12:35am On Apr 11, 2013
human nature: Am so Glad I came across this tread, am new here but I've taken my time to read and Learn so many things from this threads so many smart and intelligent peeps I must I must say..here's my ishh I finished secondary school 2005 and I got admittd into Lasu sandwich degree political science in 2007 finished 2011 although I completed my project 2012, but uptill today they haven't even compiled our results am even hearing rumors tat they have abolished the programme, I just got admitted in an xyz in America to study management, my question is how do I defend my gap to the vo do I present my original school fees receipts and registration forms or even also exam cards because am going there to startall over.. am fed up with waiting for Lasu to answer us cos even the set before mine are still waiting for there's hopefully ..immperoux could shed some lite

First of all, your school's name can never be XYZ in this same US we're living in (hope xyz university isn't code name for VIU, devry, everest and the likes). However, if you were bona fide LASU diploma student, you should be able to ask for some kind of documents e.g attestation. Then you state that you're starting over to get a Bachelor's degree as your previous degree was diploma. Hope that helps.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by humannature: 12:59am On Apr 11, 2013
imperiouxx:

First of all, your school's name can never be XYZ in this same US we're living in. However, if you are bona fide LASU diploma student, you should be able to ask for some kind of documents e.g attestation. Then you state that you're starting over to get a Bachelor's degree as your previous degree was diploma. Hope that helps.
thanks for that, I had no IDea d xyz Tin could b a problem the name of the school is uni of Mississippi, as for Lasu they don't have time for sandwich student incase if u don't undastand the meaning cos most people don't undastand, is actually a B.e.d programme not diploma, so is also a barchlors degree,but external. although all my set are having the same problem includin d set before mine but me m fed up of the whole ish that's why I decided to start all over, I also want to use this medium to advice anybody here who has a cosuin or brother who wants to enroll in lasu's sandwich programme to withdraw because is a waste
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 1:03am On Apr 11, 2013
human nature: thanks for that, I had no IDea d xyz Tin could b a problem the name of the school is uni of Mississippi, as for Lasu they don't have time for sandwich student incase if u don't undastand the meaning cos most people don't undastand, is actually a B.e.d programme not diploma, so is also a barchlors degree,but external. although all my set are having the same problem includin d set before mine but me m fed up of the whole ish that's why I decided to start all over, I also want to use this medium to advice anybody here who has a cosuin or brother who wants to enroll in lasu's sandwich programme to withdraw because is a waste

Got you now: sandwich = External B.ed ≠ Diploma. Still you can ask for attestation even if they don't issue result for decades, they should be able to write you an attestation. Since LASU chose to milk people with the useless sandwich stuff, that a point to make when asked why you want to start again..... After all you attended sandwich program for 4 to 5 good years.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Adolite(m): 1:18am On Apr 11, 2013
imperiouxx:

How is staying in ND different from staying in Nigeria? That's the question you need to ask yourself. I chose to live in NM because I don't have to be in the midst of Nigerians to live my life (though hard but fine). Just embrace it once you get the main thing - GA and live your life to the fullest. It's just for short time, after then you can move to city for hunting either job, money or wifey.......lol

You said it all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by humannature: 1:24am On Apr 11, 2013
imperiouxx:

Got you now: sandwich = External B.ed ≠ Diploma. Still you can ask for attestation even if they don't issue result for decades, they should be able to write you an attestation. Since LASU chose to milk people with the useless sandwich stuff, that a point to make when asked why you want to start again..... After all you attended sandwich program for 4 to 5 good years.
thanx bro but as am speaking to you now I know like two lecturers that claim that lasu is owing them, n for that they are not releasing there own results, even we the students haven't even seen all our results uptill now..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Yvete(f): 1:25am On Apr 11, 2013
Kunsoft: 1. How many school did you apply to?
2. Why did Marketing?
3. What have you been doing since you graduate?

Answers:
1. One University Naaaa.. mention at least 3-4 colleges across the US.
1b. Why did you choose UCO over others?

2. Marketing is people oriented, marketers perform various activities in an organization that link the organization to the marketplace outside such as purchasing, market research, customers service etc. Goodstuff ... but what effect does a marketing degree have on your future goals? You may construct 2-3 sentences along the lines of "I chose marketing because Nigeria is one of the fastest growing markets for FMCG + expect to develop effective operation and distribution strategies + your procurement background + great career prospects when you return.
3. [s]after my youth service, i join my brother in his business. i'm the logistic manager. (planing to get a letter to back it up) Thanks.[/s]
Forget your brother's business and the letter. This could work - "After my youth service, I worked with {company name} as a Logistics Analyst doing ......... (mention things relating to marketing + procurement). Don't go to the Embassy without reading PART 3 of this thread.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.