Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,334 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (119) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (487255 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:06am On Jun 12, 2013
Pls advice me strictly based on rules and regulations. I need to perfect my strategy well. The visa is two years. Man cannot live by visa alone.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by mario2575: 11:17am On Jun 12, 2013
Is this group observing the June 12 holiday? Why so quite today
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by nigerianphoenix: 11:36am On Jun 12, 2013
Has anyone seen any available dates for visa interview in Abuja?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by riverboy: 11:57am On Jun 12, 2013
congratulations!!!!!!! Pumpyjay and tweetty... Goodluck to yall who wl be going for their interviews
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by TonJoh(m): 12:08pm On Jun 12, 2013
Has anyone seen any available dates for visa interview in Abuja?

Good luck mate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gbemonology1: 12:13pm On Jun 12, 2013
Has anyone seen any available visa interview dates in Lagos?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fideliajohn(f): 1:08pm On Jun 12, 2013
nigerianphoenix: Has anyone seen any available dates for visa interview in Abuja?
Yes, 8th and 9th of July is avalaible. always check in the middle of the night
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by technolee(m): 1:59pm On Jun 12, 2013
Yessssss!!!!!
He got it in 90secs. I will update you guys later on how the interview went with my friend. Thank God for answered prayers.
I pray for more good news in the house
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis021: 2:01pm On Jun 12, 2013
My cousin going for her undergraduate studies in pharmacy at Texas State University just got granted her visa today at the lagos embassy! She had gone earlier to the Abuja embassy and got denied. Only to go to the Lagos embassy and got her visa. This is good news.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis021: 2:06pm On Jun 12, 2013
annoymous:

True. I got one for $1028 to JFK for early August. [b]Emirates has started accepting online payment [/b]but you have to present the card at check-in and it has to be in your name. I used my gtb naira MasterCard and 'twas hassle free

I was surprised to discover that. A friend of mine paid on emirates and he said he paid online. I was surprised because during my time the online option was not there, I had to go to AccessBank to pay into their account.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 2:54pm On Jun 12, 2013
bigfrancis021: My cousin going for her undergraduate studies in pharmacy at Texas State University just got granted her visa today at the lagos embassy! She had gone earlier to the Abuja embassy and got denied. Only to go to the Lagos embassy and got her visa. This is good news.

Congrat to ur cousin big francis !!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 2:54pm On Jun 12, 2013
technolee: Yessssss!!!!!
He got it in 90secs. I will update you guys later on how the interview went with my friend. Thank God for answered prayers.
I pray for more good news in the house

Congrat bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Square65: 3:05pm On Jun 12, 2013
Congrats to all who got their visas, that's really great to hear. Also, a big kudos to those helping here one way or the other.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fadinus(m): 3:18pm On Jun 12, 2013
i need june dates รต, whoever wants to drop his should pls lemme know
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 12, 2013
Congrats folks. So far so good things are improving. Can somebody answer my question plz?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 12, 2013
Omo, see how TESTIMONIES full ground.. This NL thread is turning into a success. Congrats to those who got der visa. Me sef go testify dis year IJN. I see u technolee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 3:45pm On Jun 12, 2013
Ms Nas: Congrats OjaP on your commencement/graduation today! New Job too!!! tongue I wish you all the best! (Wish I had Imperiouxx's "shayo avatar!) gringrin. Go be a winner... wink

Thank you so much Ms Nas, you are so sweet!!! When are you coming here?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 3:46pm On Jun 12, 2013
teejay_GO01: Oohh wooow! Congrats! I will give u a call when I close from work. Greater things await you!

Thank you Mr. TeeJay.....I appreciate your call too. Will see you in few days.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 3:48pm On Jun 12, 2013
GboyegaD:

Congrats Ojap for a job well done. May God establish your thoughts and the desires of your heart for good in Jesus Name (Amen)!

Thank you so much bros. Gboye. Hope you're enjoying Naija.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 3:49pm On Jun 12, 2013
imperiouxx:

Congrats

Thanks Chief Imperiouxx. I appreciate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 3:51pm On Jun 12, 2013
tweetty: special hanks to ojap, de tus, orlawahley and every to responded to my qiestion n wished me well.

You're welcome Tweety, all thanks be to God. Congratulations and welcome to America.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 3:55pm On Jun 12, 2013
OjaP:

Thank you so much bros. Gboye. Hope you're enjoying Naija.

Trying to enjoy the thing however, 2 major challenges I have are the light and serious traffic. I leave for work not later than 5:30am each day just to avert traffic.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 4:00pm On Jun 12, 2013
GboyegaD:

Trying to enjoy the thing however, 2 major challenges I have are the light and serious traffic. I leave for work not later than 5:30am each day just to avert traffic.

Yes, that Lagos traffic is mad. It will be difficult at first for someone changing from the America system to Naija own. You try no be small. I should be home next week too by God's grace.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ajalaolanr(m): 4:09pm On Jun 12, 2013
Hi guys,

I wish everyone success at thiere respective interviews whene ever they come up.

Here are some heads up you may want to prep. yorself withg.,

1) be as real and down to earth as possibloe.
2) Always say the truth.
3) be prepared and familiarise yourself with the sequence of questions they will likely ask(as listed by the other posters) and answer them correctly using the KISS principle."keep it short & simple".
4) Fill the onlne form as accurately as possible and tell no lies.
5) look into the eyes of your interviewer and be as composed as possible, wear a smile.
6) They will most likely not ask for your documents, they ask when you give them reasons to doubt.
7) try and be as cheerful as possible bu t do not be over bearing.
cool PRAY TO GOD ALWAYS.

Best of luct people.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ajalaolanr(m): 4:10pm On Jun 12, 2013
Ignore the typo's
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gr8ever(m): 4:39pm On Jun 12, 2013
bigfrancis021: My cousin going for her undergraduate studies in pharmacy at Texas State University just got granted her visa today at the lagos embassy! She had gone earlier to the Abuja embassy and got denied. Only to go to the Lagos embassy and got her visa. This is good news.

Congrats to your cousin!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by technolee(m): 5:36pm On Jun 12, 2013
Amefrica: Omo, see how TESTIMONIES full ground.. This NL thread is turning into a success. Congrats to those who got der visa. Me sef go testify dis year IJN. I see u technolee
Yes, you will testify for sure IJN. No time for failure...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by theDonBee: 6:00pm On Jun 12, 2013
hello guys. been reading this forum right from the 2012 posts and its really nice what u guys are doing.
my first post ever on nairaland. anybody know anything worthy of note about illinois and/or illinois state uni. i'm planning to get there for fall in information systems by God's grace. thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 6:02pm On Jun 12, 2013
For those looking for an appointment in Abuja, someone just told me now that July 1-3 and 11 are opened.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by technolee(m): 6:33pm On Jun 12, 2013
Hello my fellow NL's, below is the 90secs interview with my paddy. No document whatsoever was requested for. He is ready for the VO anyway as he has GRE, TOEFL,.... Just name it. Enjoy the movie......

VO: Good Afternoon
My Friend (MF): Good Afternoon, How are you doing?
VO: Good
VO: you want to study in the US
MF: yes
VO: undergraduate, masters
MF:Masters
VO: what course
MF: told her (elect/elect)
VO: was that your undergraduate course
MF: Yes
VO: why wvu
MF: I actually applied to 3 schools, mentioned them and told the number of admits. I told her Bleep uni is better ranked than the other and that my course of study is highly ranked there too
VO: who will be sponsoring u
MF: my brother
VO: what does he do?
MF: he works with ....(Na oil coy ooooo)
VO: what do u do
MF: I had the longest talk here as i described my daily activities
VO: check back on monday

God is Goooooooooood!!!

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 12, 2013
technolee:
Yes, you will testify for sure IJN. No time for failure...

Na soo, all we do is WIN WIN.!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by theDonBee: 6:43pm On Jun 12, 2013
technolee: Hello my fellow NL's, below is the 90secs interview with my paddy. No document whatsoever was requested for. He is ready for the VO anyway as he has GRE, TOEFL,.... Just name it. Enjoy the movie......

VO: Good Afternoon
My Friend (MF): Good Afternoon, How are you doing?
VO: Good
VO: you want to study in the US
MF: yes
VO: undergraduate, masters
MF:Masters
VO: what course
MF: told her (elect/elect)
VO: was that your undergraduate course
MF: Yes
VO: why wvu
MF: I actually applied to 3 schools, mentioned them and told the number of admits. I told her Bleep uni is better ranked than the other and that my course of study is highly ranked there too
VO: who will be sponsoring u
MF: my brother
VO: what does he do?
MF: he works with ....(Na oil coy ooooo)
VO: what do u do
MF: I had the longest talk here as i described my daily activities
VO: check back on monday

God is Goooooooooood!!!

Congrats bro. I receive ur annointing for July 8
smiley grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.