Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,041 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (487521 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by olarwarlay(m): 1:19pm On Jun 11, 2013
Amefrica: TOEFL loading.... Thanks to my STIMULANTS (orlarwalay, bigfrancis, mr swagger, imperiouxx, kofsy) and others... #imahit110

@Amefrica - Don't worry, you'll come out victorious in the toefl test... Check out these sites for more prep (www.notefull.com, www.engvid.com, www.testden.com and search for toefl video tutorials on youtube).

Those were basically the sites i used while i was preparing to write mine.

Best of Luck!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by lisadem: 1:26pm On Jun 11, 2013
tweetty: @lisadem. my uncle is in nigeria nt us. d only place whr my bro dts a ciizen came in was wen d vo asked whr i ll stay bfr scor esumes and i said with my bro but i ll get my acconodation bfr scool starts.

Thanks for the info. All da best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 1:29pm On Jun 11, 2013
bigfrancis21:

The Texas environment is generally a good place to live. The weather is very much similar to Nigeria's and it gets real hot like Nigeria's during the summer. Cost of living is generally cheap and affordable and you'll get to meet so many Nigerians living in Texas. Texas is one place very much like Lagos or Abuja and you could actually be walking on the street and you hear someone pass you by speaking Igbo or Yoruba. Yea, its like that.

It gets hotter oooo I swear but over time, you would like it so much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 1:31pm On Jun 11, 2013
Amefrica: Hi fam, Is it real easy to transfer from a university (expensive) to a public college (cheap) wen i get to US, n lets say is it possible to move 4rm a uni in California 2 a college in Maryland..? And what r d steps to take.. Thanks

Get into school first and then you take the next step.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 1:32pm On Jun 11, 2013
kofsy: 'Kindness' they say is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see. I want to use this medium to appreciate Gboyega and Bigfrancis. They've both been good to me. Gboyega got me 'Barrons GRE textbook' from the US and Bigfrancis was with me all through my GRE registration process.

Honestly, I can't thank you guys enough. Your labour of love will not be in vain. May God almighty reward your good deeds. When you call one, ten thousand would answer. Whenever you are at the end of your ability, God's mighty power will take you up and bring you blessings beyond human comprehension.

I guess the best thing to do from my end in sincere appreciation of your valuable help is to ACE this GRE. I promise to have a score you both would be proud of wink wink May God help me.

Thanks once again... I'm very grateful smiley smiley smiley

Amen and thanks to God the father of grace who has counted us worthy to do good things.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Oluwawapelumee(f): 1:40pm On Jun 11, 2013
tweetty:

MANY MORE OF DIS KIND OF TESTIMONY

Congratulations.....

Amen

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 1:53pm On Jun 11, 2013
tweetty:

VO. UR VISA HAS BN APPROVED. PLS PIK UP ON FRIDAY. CONGRATS.

ME. THANKX AND I SMILEE OUT.

IN ALL, ALL GLORY HONOR AND ADORATION BE TO GOD WHOSE FAVOUR I CUDNT AV DONE WIHOUT. HES AWESOME.

Congrats and have a wonderful stay in the US.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Kunsoft(m): 1:59pm On Jun 11, 2013
tweetty: special hanks to ojap, de tus, orlawahley and every to responded to my qiestion n wished me well.

I'm happy for you. Congrats.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:18pm On Jun 11, 2013
GboyegaD:

I applied whenever I was in the US on a student visa (F - 1), came home after studies and applied for a visiting visa and I got it. I don't think they have the time to look through all that within the 2-3minutes one is interviewed.

They do whenever they wanted to nail people with the visa lottery. I witnessed it live in Abuja consulate. The boy was told he applied for visa lottery and immediately was denied.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 2:22pm On Jun 11, 2013
@ twitter,

Congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jun 11, 2013
imperiouxx: @ twitter,

Congrats

cheesycheesy Imperious where did you see twitter? *rme* grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jun 11, 2013
Congrats tweetty! Many more testimonies to come in this month IJN.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fuscobrown: 2:46pm On Jun 11, 2013
OjaP: I am loving the USA Visa thread now. It reminds me of part 1 and 2 where everyone treat each other as one family. I haven't noticed any hidden post by the moderator for the past one month or so. This goes to show that things have changed. Let's keep the flag flying folks. We will all get to the promise land. Imperiouxx and BigFrancis - Good job guys.

Hello Ojap, I apprciate ur response to fellow nlanders. Pls what is the hope of 3rd class graduate in Nig wishing to school in the US. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by obsy2020: 2:49pm On Jun 11, 2013
@ tweetty congrats on ur visa. God favour will speak on all NL members during their intervew IJN. Amen.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 2:58pm On Jun 11, 2013
fuscobrown:

Hello Ojap, I apprciate ur response to fellow nlanders. Pls what is the hope of 3rd class graduate in Nig wishing to school in the US. Thanks

In d first place, what is ur aggregate GPA? Search for schools and mail them, you might have chances if the school evaluate your GPA in their own 4 point scale and likely you meet their requirement. Cheers bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 3:00pm On Jun 11, 2013
@ Tweetty !!! Congrat to u bro grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by pawn89(m): 3:03pm On Jun 11, 2013
onipedey: U welcome broda,its a good decision but don't live TNT to it alone, follow up ur I-20 by sending mails n calls to d peeps in charge until they assure u its ready 4 pickup, don't get tired,remember d sooner d better, sevis still there for u to pay.

You can just ask your graduate assistant to give you your SEVIS ID and the school code, you can make preparations with that pending when your I20 arrives.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 3:04pm On Jun 11, 2013
Congrats OjaP on your commencement/graduation today! New Job too!!! tongue I wish you all the best! (Wish I had Imperiouxx's "shayo avatar!) gringrin. Go be a winner... wink

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by teejayGO01: 3:18pm On Jun 11, 2013
Oohh wooow! Congrats! I will give u a call when I close from work. Greater things await you!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fideliajohn(f): 3:33pm On Jun 11, 2013
tweetty: thankx to nl. i registered a week to my interview and it was today. tot it ryt to share my testimony.

after abt 45 min delay to commence interview cuz of system problem.

VO. MORNIN AND SOWWI ABT D DELAY

ME. MORNIN. ITS FINE

VO. WAT RE U GOIN TO DO IN D US

ME. FOR GRADUATE STUDIES

VO. WAT COURSE

ME. MPH

VO. WAS DIS D ONLY SCOOL U APPLIED TO

ME. NO, AND I MENTION D ODA 2 DAT I APPLIED TO

VO. AO DID U CME ABT DIS SCOOL

ME. THRU SOPHAS

VO. WAT WAS UR UNDAGRAD

ME. BSC NURSING

VO. WHO IS SPONSORING U

ME. MY UNCLE

VO. WAT DOES HE DO

ME. HE OWNS A FILLING STATION

VO. WAT IS HIS SALARY

ME. HE DOESNT AV A SALARY BCUZ HE OWNS D FILLING. DEN I PASSED HIS STATEMENT OF ACCT WITH AFFIDAVIT DAT HE SWORE. ALSO HIS STATEMENT OF ACCT IS HIS COMPANIES BT I MADE SURE D AFFIDAVIT WAS ON TOP.
SHE CHECKS R STATEMENT.

VO. WAT WIL UR MPH DO FOR U

ME. CONC IN HEALTH MGT AND POLICY WIL HELP ASSURE EFFECTIVE UTILIZATION AND MGT OF LIMITED RESOURSCES TO ATTAIN HEALTHY COUNTRY

VO. WHR WUD U LIKE TO PIK UR PASSPORT

ME. BILLINGS WAY

VO. UR VISA HAS BN APPROVED. PLS PIK UP ON FRIDAY. CONGRATS.

ME. THANKX AND I SMILEE OUT.

IN ALL, ALL GLORY HONOR AND ADORATION BE TO GOD WHOSE FAVOUR I CUDNT AV DONE WIHOUT. HES AWESOME.

Congrat dear, it is my turn to testify. In Jesus Name.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fideliajohn(f): 3:53pm On Jun 11, 2013
Please everyone I need serious help. I use a wrong student sevis number to book visa appointment. I ve tried updating it and is not working so I called the customer care they ask about my detail and I gave it to them and the CSO told me she is not guranting if it will be rectified but I should send a scan copy of my I-20 to them.I don't knw wt to do next, is it adviseable to send a copy of my I-20 to them?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FastTracker: 4:05pm On Jun 11, 2013
If the CSO told you should send a scan copy of your I-20 then perhaps it would be advisable to do such.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 11, 2013
olarwarlay:

@Amefrica - Don't worry, you'll come out victorious in the toefl test... Check out these sites for more prep (www.notefull.com, www.engvid.com, www.testden.com and search for toefl video tutorials on youtube).

Those were basically the sites i used while i was preparing to write mine.

Best of Luck!!!

Thanks bruh, i believe this 1st (toefl) step will finally lead to POE.
#the journey of a one thousand miles begin wit a step
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 4:22pm On Jun 11, 2013
Ms Nas: Congrats OjaP on your commencement/graduation today! New Job too!!! tongue I wish you all the best! (Wish I had Imperiouxx's "shayo avatar!) gringrin. Go be a winner... wink

Congrats Ojap for a job well done. May God establish your thoughts and the desires of your heart for good in Jesus Name (Amen)!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 4:23pm On Jun 11, 2013
fidelia.john:
Please everyone I need serious help. I use a wrong student sevis number to book visa appointment. I ve tried updating it and is not working so I called the customer care they ask about my detail and I gave it to them and the CSO told me she is not guranting if it will be rectified but I should send a scan copy of my I-20 to them.I don't knw wt to do next, is it adviseable to send a copy of my I-20 to them?

Please do and do it asap since they have the ability to do it. However, you can send it to us here if you think we can do it better than them lol cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gbemonology1: 4:26pm On Jun 11, 2013
Hi guys, is it possible for me to use the same DS-160 to schedule another appointment after a denial? The Chinko at Lagos embassy denied me today...am planning to reapply...what's the procedure for reapplying? I need guru's advice on this...tnx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FastTracker: 4:29pm On Jun 11, 2013
Find out why you were denied in the first place.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 4:37pm On Jun 11, 2013
fidelia.john:

By asking you to scan a copy of your I-20 to them, I think they want to make sure that your request is genuine. They want to be sure that the SEVIS number online is not the same as that on your I-20 as you said. Then can they honor your request. On the side of the CSO, there are many possibilities to your story. Could be that the SEVIS number is actually correct but maybe you want to change it to transfer the interview to someone else, or do one or two things out of the line. They just want to be sure the request is genuine, that's all. So scan and send to them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by teejayGO01: 4:38pm On Jun 11, 2013
gbemonology1: Hi guys, is it possible for me to use the same DS-160 to schedule another appointment after a denial? The Chinko at Lagos embassy denied me today...am planning to reapply...what's the procedure for reapplying? I need guru's advice on this...tnx

Sorry bout the delay, but why not write ur experiemce so pple here can advise.

No u cannot use the same ds-160 number, but what u can do is when u get to the site put in the ds-160 num u used for the 1st interview it will now ask u if u wanna prinnt the confirmation pg or fill a new app. Click on fill a new app. All ur previous info will be der the only thing that would have changed is the ds-160 num. Make sure that's d num dats on ur appointment page too. Success
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 4:42pm On Jun 11, 2013
gbemonology1: Hi guys, is it possible for me to use the same DS-160 to schedule another appointment after a denial? The Chinko at Lagos embassy denied me today...am planning to reapply...what's the procedure for reapplying? I need guru's advice on this...tnx

I think its possible to use the same DS-160. All you need from the DS-160 is the application number then will you use it to schedule another appointment.

However, before you do that do drop your interview for the house to review.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by babsharon(m): 4:42pm On Jun 11, 2013

Can u share Ur interview experience? so that d house will look into it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 4:55pm On Jun 11, 2013
GboyegaD:

It gets hotter oooo I swear but over time, you would like it so much.

Lools...me na Maryland I dey head for. It ain't as hot as Texas. Me no too like sun o. My classmates been nickname me 'apunanwu' (one who doesn't go out in the sun) for university. Lolls undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.