Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,074 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (487526 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 4:58pm On Jun 11, 2013
imperiouxx:

They do whenever they wanted to nail people with the visa lottery. I witnessed it live in Abuja consulate. The boy was told he applied for visa lottery and immediately was denied.

I agree however, what I was trying to stress is that it isn't something to be so scared of.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 5:01pm On Jun 11, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Lools...me na Maryland I dey head for. It ain't as hot as Texas. Me no too like sun o. My classmates been nickname me 'apunanwu' (one who doesn't go out in the sun) for university. Lolls undecided

You never can tell, you may have needs to visit some other parts of the country for pleasure or academics that gets so hot during summer.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by yomifowe(m): 5:22pm On Jun 11, 2013
Hi everyone,

I just got admitted into St.Philips College, San Antonio for fall 2013, ve bn issued my I-20 and acceptance letter, yet to get an interview date,. What are my chances and what do i expect @the Embassy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ystd4567: 5:32pm On Jun 11, 2013
@tweetty
Congratulations on your visa approval smiley

@gbemonology
Sorry for the denial. You must not be deterred to try again.

In response to your question; you can't use the same DS160 you filled in your last interview for the next interview you intend booking. However, some of the info you filled in your last DS160 can be carried over to the new DS160 you will fill as explained by teejay GO01.

Also, make sure you sort out what could/must have caused the denial before appearing for your next interview. All the best!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ibkgbocco: 5:56pm On Jun 11, 2013
@ystd4567...were U̶̲̥̅̊ given any green slip on Ūя̲̅ day of interview afta d approval?.
Was Ūя̲̅ i-20 also retained with d passport
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ystd4567: 6:09pm On Jun 11, 2013
@yomifowe
Have you taken cognisance of the advice that has often been iterated on this forum on community colleges? If you have but still wish to pursue your aim, I wish you best of luck then.

@ibkgbocco
I wasn't given any green slip sir. I was only given a visa collection letter/form which is a white A4 paper. My passport, I-20 and sevis receipt were also retained but they were all returned to me the day I went for collection.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FindOut(m): 6:37pm On Jun 11, 2013
Congrats to all those who have gotten their visas. More wonderful testimonies coming by God's grace smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis021: 7:17pm On Jun 11, 2013
Pumpyjay: @tweetty
I was standing a few feet behind you this morning.I was really happy for you when the VO lady said you visa was approved.
Congratulations!!

That's good to know. I guess you also went for your interview today as well? Yours was approved? Do drop your interview experience.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis021: 7:19pm On Jun 11, 2013
tweetty:
VO. WHR WUD U LIKE TO PIK UR PASSPORT

ME. BILLINGS WAY

VO. UR VISA HAS BN APPROVED. PLS PIK UP ON FRIDAY. CONGRATS.

ME. THANKX AND I SMILEE OUT.

IN ALL, ALL GLORY HONOR AND ADORATION BE TO GOD WHOSE FAVOUR I CUDNT AV DONE WIHOUT. HES AWESOME.

MANY MORE OF DIS KIND OF TESTIMONY

Congratulations twitter twetty! grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis021: 7:21pm On Jun 11, 2013
dotlankaregbe: Hello,
Plz help me with GRE software materials coz am intending to write d exam when things are right 4 me.
i really commend u guyz 4 helping people,Inshaallah u will never know WANTS. My e-mail dotlank@gmail.com.
Regards.

Send an empty email to selfstudy360@gmail.com and you'll get a quick email response containing the download links to GRE materials.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis021: 7:26pm On Jun 11, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by tweetty: 7:30pm On Jun 11, 2013
does anyone hav anythn on cheap tickets~ direct or not
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis021: 7:33pm On Jun 11, 2013
tweetty: does anyone hav anythn on cheap tickets~ direct or not

What's your destination? And departure date? I guess you'll also be flying economy. Tickets are cheap for emirates. Quickly visit, http://fly4.emirates.com to book and see their prices.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis021: 7:42pm On Jun 11, 2013
Wow, ticket cost on emirates has finally skyrocketed as expected. Lagos to JFK (economy) that was formerly $750 or so has now been increased to $1295.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 8:12pm On Jun 11, 2013
sndrmrtns: I need GRE materials .........dbinternationalcompany@gmail.com

Send an empty email to selfstudy360@gmail.com and you'll get an automatic email response containing the download links for several GRE books.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by tweetty: 8:27pm On Jun 11, 2013
@bigfrancis21 dont rename me ioo. lol

departure is 14july destination is houston iah
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Pumpyjay: 8:34pm On Jun 11, 2013
My interview was for a student visa renewal. I was asked about three/ four question

VO: where are you going in the US.
Me: blah blah university
VO: why this school
Me: I went visiting and I liked what I saw
VO : How do you intend to pay.
Me: I have a teaching assistanship that covers my tuition and fees.
VO: where did you go undergrad
Me: blah blah university ( it was clearly written on my expired visa)
VO: your visa has been approved.

That was the second renewal of my student visa. I wasn't asked for any documents

bigfrancis021:

That's good to know. I guess you also went for your interview today as well? Yours was approved? Do drop your interview experience.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis021: 10:03pm On Jun 11, 2013
tweetty: @bigfrancis21 dont rename me ioo. lol

departure is 14july destination is houston iah

Lol, Oga Imperiouxx renamed you Twitter.grin

Just booked now on emirates with your parameters. Saw $944.30 or N150,000. Still not bad at all. It was formerly N135,000 few weeks back.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 10:06pm On Jun 11, 2013
waooooooh congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis021: 10:12pm On Jun 11, 2013
Pumpyjay: My interview was for a student visa renewal. I was asked about three/ four question

VO: where are you going in the US.
Me: blah blah university
VO: why this school
Me: I went visiting and I liked what I saw
VO : How do you intend to pay.
Me: I have a teaching assistanship that covers my tuition and fees.
VO: where did you go undergrad
Me: blah blah university ( it was clearly written on my expired visa)
VO: your visa has been approved.

That was the second renewal of my student visa. I wasn't asked for any documents

Ok. Congrats pumpjay.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by smithjanetstore: 10:14pm On Jun 11, 2013
@gbemonology1 heeey yah, ill advice you to fill a new ds 160 form, LWKMD grin grin grin The chinko at lagos us embassy he be like she dey crase many poeople are making bad comment abt her
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gbemonology1: 11:03pm On Jun 11, 2013
@Smithjanetstore....tnx..can l still get appointment date this month or first week in July?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by gbemonology1: 11:06pm On Jun 11, 2013
@All...l'll drop my interview experience later, probably tomorrow. I answered all the questions the Chinko asked...e be like say d lady na witch..God dey sha..l hope to get it the second time...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 12:04am On Jun 12, 2013
bigfrancis021: Wow, ticket cost on emirates has finally skyrocketed as expected. Lagos to JFK (economy) that was formerly $750 or so has now been increased to $1295.

True. I got one for $1028 to JFK for early August. Emirates has started accepting online payment but you have to present the card at check-in and it has to be in your name. I used my gtb naira MasterCard and 'twas hassle free
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by virginice: 12:29am On Jun 12, 2013
So many Good testimonies...tnGod. Am sure more to come. BFL to upcomin visa applicants, God bless dis thread
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FastTracker: 12:37am On Jun 12, 2013
Amen!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 12:45am On Jun 12, 2013
GboyegaD:

I agree however, what I was trying to stress is that it isn't something to be so scared of.

Yes sure.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 1:19am On Jun 12, 2013
Ms Nas: Congrats OjaP on your commencement/graduation today! New Job too!!! tongue I wish you all the best! (Wish I had Imperiouxx's "shayo avatar!) gringrin. Go be a winner... wink

Congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Man51ut(m): 1:45am On Jun 12, 2013
smithjanetstore: @gbemonology1 heeey yah, ill advice you to fill a new ds 160 form, LWKMD grin grin grin The chinko at lagos us embassy he be like she dey crase many poeople are making bad comment abt her

lol i think I was there on her first day when they were showing her around. she looked so scared.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 6:22am On Jun 12, 2013
Sorry about the denial and congrats about the approval....u can fly emirates to houston direct tho...but dis chinko lady again! Like I always say, na dis woman approve my visa ooo me I like her...by Gods grace u will get it on ur nxt trial
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 6:41am On Jun 12, 2013
Hello folks, how's everything going? Well, my updated I-20 is on its way but i have two trickish questions to ask. First, should i return to the embassy soon for my re- interview? Second, if the embassy grants me this precious visa, can i go to the US after one year? The F1 VISA is usually two years before it expires. Please i need your candid advice. Thank you so far!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by dkgetmuny: 7:26am On Jun 12, 2013
De Tus: Hello folks, how's everything going? Well, my updated I-20 is on its way but i have two trickish questions to ask. First, should i return to the embassy soon for my re- interview? Second, if the embassy grants me this precious visa, can i go to the US after one year? The F1 VISA is usually two years before it expires. Please i need your candid advice. Thank you so far!
After one year!!! Then why not wait till after one year to re-apply

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.