Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,028 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (486925 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by LaParisienne(f): 7:17pm On Apr 14, 2013
Hi all. I have a question for grad students in the US.

My cousin applied for Phd admissions to three schools. The three schools admitted her, but the school she likes most admitted her for a Master's program, instead of a Phd. Their reason is because her Master's is not really related to the program she applied for. So they asked her to do a Master's first, then Phd.

The thing is, she prefers this program and location of the school. But she feels the VO might frown upon her going for a second Master's. Her plan is to apply for a visa for Phd, then switch to the Master's program once she gets to the US.

Can this plan work? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 14, 2013
La Parisienne: Hi all. I have a question for grad students in the US.

My cousin applied for Phd admissions to three schools. The three schools admitted her, but the school she likes most admitted her for a Master's program, instead of a Phd. Their reason is because her Master's is not really related to the program she applied for. So they asked her to do a Master's first, then Phd.

The thing is, she prefers this program and location of the school. But she feels the VO might frown upon her going for a second Master's. Her plan is to apply for a visa for Phd, then switch to the Master's program once she gets to the US.

Can this plan work? Thanks

Yeah she can...when in US she switches to her dream school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by labiowo: 8:38pm On Apr 14, 2013
Hi nairalander,I have Higher Diploma and above 30years of age.I applied for undergraduate course in US and i have been offered admission.
I would like to ask nairalander if age will not be a setting back issue.
Pls i need your advice.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Mamacita007(f): 9:13pm On Apr 14, 2013
labiowo: Hi nairalander,I have Higher Diploma and above 30years of age.I applied for undergraduate course in US and i have been offered admission.
I would like to ask nairalander if age will not be a setting back issue.Pls i need your advice.

The answer to ur question is in part 3. They explained wat to say to the vo for bachelors if ure not very young.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by humannature: 11:43pm On Apr 14, 2013
Mamacita007:

The answer to ur question is in part 3. They explained wat to say if ure not very young.
well you can still explain to him if you have some solid and concrete ideas, cos deres ova a hundred pages in chapter 3, I believe dats why were here(to help one another)..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Mamacita007(f): 11:50pm On Apr 14, 2013
human nature: well you can still explain to him if you have some solid and concrete ideas, cos deres ova a hundred pages in chapter 3, I believe dats why were here(to help one another)..

You can go back dere to get d information and explain d solid and concrete ideas to him by urself. i read dis thread from part 1 to 3 before my interview and expect two of u to do just dat.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 12:02am On Apr 15, 2013
human nature: well you can still explain to him if you have some solid and concrete ideas, cos deres ova a hundred pages in chapter 3, I believe dats why were here(to help one another)..

How can one give first hand info on situation one has no experience of? Heaven helps those who help themselves.

The part 3 isn't too voluminous either. The person should check what happened in Dec during spring applicants interviews.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by humannature: 12:17am On Apr 15, 2013
Mamacita007:

You can go back dere to get d information and explain d solid and concrete ideas to him by urself. i read dis thread from part 1 to 3 before my interview and expect two of u to do just dat.
am sorry if i've offended u, I neva ment to, but wot I said was that "if" u have, d guy myt not have access to the internet d way u n I do..meanwhile forget I Eva said anything, is just dat I read part 1 to 4 n I love way people in need were being responded to in the older part it made us seen like one.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by humannature: 12:18am On Apr 15, 2013
imperiouxx:

How can one give first hand info on situation one has no experience of? Heaven helps those who help themselves.

The 3 part isn't too voluminous either. The person should check what happened in Dec during spring applicants interviews.
well said bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by emmanuelkim: 2:57am On Apr 15, 2013
Please House, I need advice on how to register for TOEFL and i would like the Paper base instead of the computer base, please help me out, because i would be interested in writing the exam now, please help me i need it urgent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by MsNas(f): 8:11am On Apr 15, 2013
emmanuelkim: Please House, I need advice on how to register for TOEFL and i would like the Paper base instead of the computer base, please help me out, because i would be interested in writing the exam now, please help me i need it urgent
If I may ask? Why do u want to write the PBT(Paper Based Test) instead of the iBt(Internet Based Test)? You think it might be easier? I don't think so. Even if you want to write the PBT I don't think its still offered in Nigeria. Even the CBT (Computer Based Test)isn't available in Nigeria again. It might still be available in those non-english speaking West African countries, but spots would have been booked solid for a long time. Make up ur mind to do the iBT bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by henryogb(m): 8:39am On Apr 15, 2013
Adolite:
You can fill ds160 as many time you want, just make sure you handover the recent filled ds160 to VO.......
please drop your number so i can talk to you there is alot i have to ask you thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by LaParisienne(f): 5:46pm On Apr 15, 2013
ferdimako:

Yeah she can...when in US she switches to her dream school.

OK, thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bukahands(m): 8:25pm On Apr 15, 2013
Yea can't believe I have been gone for long. Thumbs up to d ogas here dem know there sef grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 8:37pm On Apr 15, 2013
eduson002: Hbd OjaP,wish U̶̲̥̅ llnp!

Thank you sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 8:38pm On Apr 15, 2013
bigfrancis21: Happy birthday, OjaP. Cheers.

Thank you so much my oga.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 8:39pm On Apr 15, 2013
babsharon: Happy Birthday Ojap Baba. D only irunmola ton je chicken in da house.

Thank you baba. Lol...na you be irunmole to n mu MOET ooo. After you, na still you. gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bukahands(m): 8:39pm On Apr 15, 2013
OjaP happy bday LLNP
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 8:40pm On Apr 15, 2013
Square65: Happy birthday Mr OjaP.

Thank you Mr. Square...your head is there......gringringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 8:40pm On Apr 15, 2013
sigilolu156: Happy belated birthday !!! OjaP.

Happy belated "thank you"....j/k. Thanx bro.gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 8:41pm On Apr 15, 2013
bukahands: OjaP happy bday LLNP

Mr. Bukahands...I double sight you...gringrin. Where have you been?

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 15, 2013
OjaP:

Mr. Bukahands...I double sight you...gringrin. Where have you been?

Thanks.

Bombings in Boston.Where is our man.I hope he's safe.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Anthonymighty(m): 10:10pm On Apr 15, 2013
ferdimako:

Bombings in Boston.Where is our man.I hope he's safe.

I dey o.....thankGod i did not go to school today, There is a marathon race shit happening here today so they declared public hol for everyone except people working in medical section. I was even about planing to go to school library to do assignments when i hear the news. And at Boylston Street. I dey pass there go school most times. Well i am indoor o..i no comot thru out today again. FBI and police don full streets. So I AM ALIVE O...Thanks for the love cheesy smiley

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Mamacita007(f): 10:22pm On Apr 15, 2013
Anthonymighty: I dey o.....thankGod i did not go to school today, There is a marathon race shit happening here today so they declared public hol for everyone except people working in medical section. I was even about planing to go to school library to do assignments when i hear the news. And at Boylston Street. I dey pass there go school most times. Well i am indoor o..i no comot thru out today again. FBI and police don full streets. So I AM ALIVE O...Thanks for the love cheesy smiley

As soon as i heard d news i remembered anthonymighty ooo lllooooll. Thank God ure fine. May God protect us from all these crazy shooters and bombers everywhere.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 11:01pm On Apr 15, 2013
emmanuelkim: Please House, I need advice on how to register for TOEFL and i would like the Paper base instead of the computer base, please help me out, because i would be interested in writing the exam now, please help me i need it urgent
Paper-based paper-based! I wrote the paper based GRE. I guess we're the same on this. smiley

From the ETS website, the paper based test is offered only in one region in Nigeria - Aba, Abia state.
https://www.ets.org/Media/Tests/TOEFL/tclists/PBT_n.html

Also from the registration information, the deadline for the next exam on May 04 has passed - since april 01.
https://toeflrts.ets.org/OnlineRegistration/rts/StartPage.jsp

However, if you still want to take the paper exam at Aba on that May 04 you can still write it. All you'll need to do is get to Dority International Secondary School, 19/21 Umuodu Abayi, Aba on the exam day. They'll do a stand-by registration for you, but it will cost you a little extra. You should arrive before the exam starts else the strict African American/Igbo school proprietress won't listen to you.grin And don't forget to go along with your international passport, of course. wink

Or call Uncle Lewis, 08180461731.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by bigfrancis21: 11:07pm On Apr 15, 2013
Anthonymighty:

I dey o.....thankGod i did not go to school today, There is a marathon race shit happening here today so they declared public hol for everyone except people working in medical section. I was even about planing to go to school library to do assignments when i hear the news. And at Boylston Street. I dey pass there go school most times. Well i am indoor o..i no comot thru out today again. FBI and police don full streets. So I AM ALIVE O...Thanks for the love cheesy smiley
grin grin grin
Nwanne, biko apukwana o. I di anyi mkpa. cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by 2chains1(m): 11:39pm On Apr 15, 2013
My guys! How Una dey! It's the oga of questions agen! Ehen so I finished with a second class lower 3.03 and I got admission into a Canadian college. (Before u hack me please listen, I know it's not the canadian thread) but please is it possible to transfer from an American university to a Canadian university. And do I need to come back to nigeria to apply for a study permit?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by GboyegaD(m): 12:04am On Apr 16, 2013
2-chains:
My guys! How Una dey! It's the oga of questions agen! Ehen so I finished with a second class lower 3.03 and I got admission into a Canadian college. (Before u hack me please listen, I know it's not the canadian thread) but please is it possible to transfer from an American university to a Canadian university. And do I need to come back to nigeria to apply for a study permit?

I think it should be possible. Where are you at right now? I would advice you focus more on the one you think you prefer the most particularly if they are 2 different programs or if that of the US is higher than that of Canada (e.g. if you are doing a Masters in the US and applying for a PGD in Canada), and hoping it works out well for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 1:30am On Apr 16, 2013
Tony, hope say you no go watch race??!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 1:32am On Apr 16, 2013
imperiouxx: Tony, hope say you no go watch race??!
He is alive!

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.